Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 574512 times)

eranka

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #600 on: May 31, 2012, 12:06:00 PM »
My friend posted this on Instagram. I'm still tryin to figure out what it is. Is it coke?
http://instagr.am/p/J9ZuGkMRV8/

hookah for sure
the thing on the top is this charcoal thingy that keeps everything toasty and under the foil theres flavored tobbaco
its pretty popular around this area, tastes like shit though.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #601 on: May 31, 2012, 02:21:54 PM »
How was Tom Hanks able to coach the Rockford Peaches to the World Series when he had already died trying to save Private Ryan?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

A.J.K.

« Reply #602 on: May 31, 2012, 04:18:40 PM »
Why do people always comment on how quiet I am? Is it so unnatural not to talk all the time...

Anyone else sit and think how fast time goes by?
I get this too sometimes, although it's usually by the type of people that always need to be talking or making useless/dumb comments on shit.  Sorry I don't feel the need to engage in your shitty conversations at all times.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #603 on: May 31, 2012, 06:09:44 PM »
How was Tom Hanks able to coach the Rockford Peaches to the World Series when he had already died trying to save Private Ryan?

Allow me to offer some guidance.  I am from Rockford, so you can take this as fact.
Rockford Peaches, 1943.  Although they didn't actually play in that years championship.  Movie fictionalized it.

D Day was 1944.

So win championship, join armed services.  Become a Captain within 6 months.  Save Private Ryan.

Now I'll simply ask you to explain the Tome Hanks movie "Big" to me.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 786
« Reply #604 on: May 31, 2012, 06:13:18 PM »
Why do people always comment on how quiet I am? Is it so unnatural not to talk all the time...

this is the bane of my existence
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

BraveUlysses

« Reply #605 on: May 31, 2012, 06:30:40 PM »
I wondered what it would be like to be white so I can do cool shit with my hair.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #606 on: June 05, 2012, 03:12:19 AM »
Why do bombs in movies always have a red , green , blue wire to cut ? and why would it mean anything to a EOD guy ? Why wouldnt a EOD guy or our hero check for where the wires go and which ones have current ?

No it has to be the red wire !

Putting steaks on your eye bruises does NOTHING . could lead to infections too

Why do action heros have unlimmited ammo in their gun ? hand guns have like 9-15 and most others have mags of like 30-45 .
and maybe not just dump your gun when ever its out of bullets  , guns are expensive !  RELOAD !!!

Why does every department of law hate eachother in movies  ? Regular police hates Homecide , everybody hates FBI and ATF and so on.

Why do ppl accept "products"  like Britney Spears  ( or other manufactured pop music ) Somebody tells them how to dress , tells them how to dance , They use autotune on the voice , Somebody writes their lyrics and somebody writes their lyrics

How is that acceptable ?

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #607 on: June 05, 2012, 04:52:09 AM »
Expand Quote

Why do ppl accept "products"? ? like Britney Spears? ? ( or other manufactured pop music ) Somebody tells them how to dress , tells them how to dance , They use autotune on the voice , Somebody writes their lyrics and somebody writes their lyrics

How is that acceptable ?
[close]

because if it isn't making dollars then it isn't making sense.

Pedro the Lion reference ? <3

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #608 on: June 05, 2012, 11:14:10 AM »
I wondered what it would be like to be white so I can do cool shit with my hair.

In my experience, you can't really do much cool shit with it.  As such, I've always wondered what it would like to be black and able to do cool shit with my hair.

Simon Sandleshit

• Rep: -1
« Reply #609 on: June 05, 2012, 09:45:10 PM »
Should I ask this chick out on a date and have to spend my money OR save my money and go to the skatepark with my friends.  :-\

Citizen on Patron

• Rep: -11
« Reply #610 on: June 05, 2012, 11:06:12 PM »
Should I ask this chick out on a date and have to spend my money OR save my money and go to the skatepark with my friends.?  :-\

You know how the saying goes... "Bros before hoes"

I was pondering why I never knew I have a mild form of Synesthesia untill 20 minutes ago

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #611 on: June 05, 2012, 11:43:20 PM »
Should I ask this chick out on a date and have to spend my money OR save my money and go to the skatepark with my friends.  :-\
Go out with the girl and skate the streets. Or figure out a free date - have a picnic with food you already have and bring her on a hike. Girls appreciate thought in dates over the typical dinner/movie combo.

Citizen on Patron

« Reply #612 on: June 05, 2012, 11:55:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Should I ask this chick out on a date and have to spend my money OR save my money and go to the skatepark with my friends.?  :-\
[close]
Go out with the girl and skate the streets. Or figure out a free date - have a picnic with food you already have and bring her on a hike. Girls appreciate thought in dates over the typical dinner/movie combo.

Yeah have a picnic at the skate park...  ::)

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #613 on: June 06, 2012, 12:28:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i hate this so much. people are are forever asking me whats wrong or whats the matter just because i'm not forever engaging in meaningless chit chat about the weather or whatever. constantly talking is not necessarily communicating.

Citizen on Patron

« Reply #614 on: June 06, 2012, 03:13:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i hate this so much. people are are forever asking me whats wrong or whats the matter just because i'm not forever engaging in meaningless chit chat about the weather or whatever. constantly talking is not necessarily communicating.

x2

-Edit- Also I ponder why people see this as being difficult. Say the color of the ink every word is written in, not the word.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 03:49:00 AM by Citizen on Patron »

brianwilson

• Rep: -35
    • Flickr avatar image
« Reply #615 on: June 07, 2012, 01:14:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Should I ask this chick out on a date and have to spend my money OR save my money and go to the skatepark with my friends.??  :-\
[close]
[close]

Yeah have a picnic at the skate park...?  ::)

That's a great idea! ^ Just bust your ass if you skate infront of her.

Damn, slap is a dating advice site too.  ;)

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #616 on: June 07, 2012, 01:34:54 PM »
Once again, where are all those long lines(2 mins plus, I think I remember?) that ty filmed on the back of a bike?it was all crailtap dudes, but was before fully flared came out I think?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

BraveUlysses

« Reply #617 on: June 07, 2012, 02:58:18 PM »
Do celebrities introduce themselves when meeting new people? Do they get offended when someone introduces thrmselves and then asks for their name?

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #618 on: June 07, 2012, 03:04:55 PM »
Do celebrities introduce themselves when meeting new people? Do they get offended when someone introduces thrmselves and then asks for their name?

Guess its the same as at the doctors ? you still shake hands and say your name ?  . I would assume they atleast say their first names .

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #619 on: June 07, 2012, 03:42:57 PM »
My brain is telling me its possible, but can I actually pull off a nollie-bigspin hurricane grind?

In my experience, when you ask them where you know them from (because you can't actually figure out why you recognize them in the moment), B-movie actors will give you a semi-dirty look before explaining who they are.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 03:44:43 PM by ttching! »

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #620 on: June 07, 2012, 05:01:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Guess its the same as at the doctors ? you still shake hands and say your name ?  . I would assume they atleast say their first names .

hahaha, you lost me here... he meant because since they were famous, itd be likely that a stranger would still know their name, didnt he?

i dont think i can name one doctor. shit, i cant even name my own doctor

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #621 on: June 07, 2012, 05:22:50 PM »
by the time the doctor walks in, you'll know his name. the receptionist or nurse will have said it, or it'll be put up somewhere.so it does work the same.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #622 on: June 07, 2012, 06:07:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Guess its the same as at the doctors ? you still shake hands and say your name ?  . I would assume they atleast say their first names .

[close]

hahaha, you lost me here... he meant because since they were famous, itd be likely that a stranger would still know their name, didnt he?

i dont think i can name one doctor. shit, i cant even name my own doctor
Yes, that is what I meant. This whole doctor thing is not the same situation.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 06:10:59 PM by BraveUlysses »

Mad Lauder

• Rep: 37
  • RIP SLIM DUNKIN
    • THEWORST avatar image
« Reply #623 on: June 07, 2012, 06:56:20 PM »
why do the cpu skaters on skate 3 always do willies?
like sometimes ill do a trick and then one of them will be in the shot so then i try to film their trick, but the only grind they do is a willy.
I dont recall ever putting on anything Southpole in my life.
http://soundcloud.com/theworst

Mr. Faggot

« Reply #624 on: June 07, 2012, 09:02:54 PM »
Why won't girls talk to me when I have feces smeared on my face?

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #625 on: June 07, 2012, 10:38:20 PM »
wheres the line drawn from service workers and small talk? i picked up some food to go, but it wasn't quite ready. so i paid for it, then sat at the bar for 5 minutes and the same extremely hot employee just talked to me for a good part of those minutes. she knew i had paid and she wasn't getting a tip, so i didn't know whether she was just doing it out of habit or there was something there. i never trust the intentions of anyone while they are working but i dunno where the line is, if im just blowin' it often.

Mr. Faggot

« Reply #626 on: June 08, 2012, 07:15:19 AM »
So a girl finally talked to you and now you're posting about it on slap?

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #627 on: June 08, 2012, 07:46:39 AM »
U finally smeared feces on ur face and now post about it on slap?

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #628 on: June 08, 2012, 09:43:46 PM »
How can you tell if someone can sing?

A few customers have said I have a nice voice for singing, but I dont see my voice sounding any different form anyone else.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #629 on: June 08, 2012, 09:52:08 PM »
How can you tell if someone can sing?

A few customers have said I have a nice voice for singing, but I dont see my voice sounding any different form anyone else.

Well, have you tried actually singing? You can't tell just from talking because that has nothing to do with your ability to identify and keep pitch. If you know any musicians, sing for them and ask their opinion.