Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 575131 times)

drunkinjunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2011, 06:05:58 PM »
I was pondering if Im a bitch for listening to folk and generally weepy type music like Elliot Smith, and tons of female folk singers.
As depressing as some of that stuff gets I seem to be coming back to it again and again.

GISM

• Rep: 25
  • pariah
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2011, 06:35:38 PM »
I always think about social constructs and how much better we could be without them. Like masculinity- stresses people out who try to live up to a manly standard, rape, murder, sexism, homophobia, egos, all that shit.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2011, 06:46:56 PM »
I always think about social constructs and how much better we could be without them. Like masculinity- stresses people out who try to live up to a manly standard, rape, murder, sexism, homophobia, egos, all that shit.
So you moving into the commune with us?
Expand Quote
The british aisles are not a particularly large land mass, why is it that there are like 700 accents people talk with within that tiny little region?
[close]

I thought every country had ridiculous amounts o accents, but that we don't really realise as we can't speak the language, so it all blurs in
Maybe, but even with the variety of accents that does exist, there are still probably far less accents in the U.S. and Canada combined as that tiny little area, and they speak english
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2011, 07:03:54 PM »

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2011, 08:22:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The british aisles are not a particularly large land mass, why is it that there are like 700 accents people talk with within that tiny little region?
[close]

I thought every country had ridiculous amounts o accents, but that we don't really realise as we can't speak the language, so it all blurs in
[close]
Maybe, but even with the variety of accents that does exist, there are still probably far less accents in the U.S. and Canada combined as that tiny little area, and they speak english

they developed their dialects in a time before audio/visual media. you can read the same newspaper, but you pronounce the words several different ways. skip forward to modern times. you watch the news on tv, hear a guy speaking newscaster american english, then you pronounce the words like he does. you figure that's the correct speech, so you imitate it. all the while, everyone across north america are watching this guy, growing up, speaking like him.
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"

Quote from: PonyFAP
I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

Tom Penny says: My 'ed systems!

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2011, 09:20:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
I think that answer is far more interesting than my question.
they developed their dialects in a time before audio/visual media. you can read the same newspaper, but you pronounce the words several different ways. skip forward to modern times. you watch the news on tv, hear a guy speaking newscaster american english, then you pronounce the words like he does. you figure that's the correct speech, so you imitate it. all the while, everyone across north america are watching this guy, growing up, speaking like him.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2011, 11:56:43 PM »
For Reagan:
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/story-of-english/

May be of some interest.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 11:58:16 PM by L33Tg33k »
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2011, 01:24:41 AM »
where can i find the british aisle at the grocery store?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2011, 01:36:58 AM »
Sometimes eye accidentally right homophones, when I no the correct spelling. its a thing I deux.
I tried to come up with some sort of geography pun that works for a grocery store, but I don't know if there are any.
I read about this guy William Sidis today, supposedly one of the smartest people to ever exist. He graduated Harvard at 16 after they changed their policy about letting in students younger than college age. He got in at 11, after being denied because of his age at 9. Apparently he lost his mind at some point, stopped doing math altogether, even though he was known particularly for his mathematical genius, stopped bathing, stopped socializing, and became obsessed with street cars and street car transfer tickets. His only published book was about streetcar transfers. Psychologists apparently have claimed his IQ was somewhere around 250-300, which sounds absurd to me. He epitomized "too damn smart for his own good.
 Makes me wonder how many burnt out insane people are just crazy geniuses who can't deal with the world as it currently works.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2011, 01:59:02 AM »
Ended up at a friends place for drinking after work last night . dudes a surfer and showed me this movie called
"the drifter " . talked alot about moving to indo china and just living in some small place , eating healthy , surfing all day and
just living a simpler mind with a simpler way of doing things . Enjoying life

Kinda thought about it but not sure if I could just walk away from my work . I could sell my appartment and quit my job . move to some place in indo china . skate and surf everyday . catch fish and eat fruit and veggies . relax , read and hang out .

but who knows . what would I miss about work and all that shit

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2011, 02:34:48 AM »

Makes me wonder how many burnt out insane people are just crazy geniuses who can't deal with the world as it currently works.

I'm no crazy genius but - at 35 years old -, I believe I will never understand how this joke of a world currently works.

Jejenhausen

• Rep: -72
  • This is good news
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2011, 04:43:01 AM »
why it is that I seem to hate all my friends

BraveUlysses

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2011, 09:13:18 AM »
I wondered which pros have been caught jacking off on tour. I bet alot of younger dudes get caught all the time on tour. I also wonder how much a person's personality affects the way they jack off. Like I bet the Gonz masturbates in a creative or goofy way.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2011, 09:18:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
So you moving into the commune with us?

He can be the basket weaver.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Hexagon

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2011, 10:15:37 AM »
Why taboos are inherit secret desires for most, even if they act as if they'd take no part in them based on social constructs.

How language started, as in who or what decided to start giving names to any and everything, even based on simple concepts. Like root word type shit?

Mass existentialism I haven't been able to shake since I was 13. Thinking entirely too much and missing out on my life at times?

Why is guilt the most popular tool in every facet of social interaction?

All the unanswerable type questions daily...

Pondering on occasion makes me feel like I'm going crazy...

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2011, 10:27:31 AM »
i pondered your mom today.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2011, 11:42:39 AM »
http://www.stopabductions.com/

So I was in the middle of making one of these, but then I looked up velostat. "Velostat is a packaging material impregnated with carbon black to make it electrically conductive"

What if that makes me easier to find? Will I just be an antenna? But then I saw this

"Velostat and a similar material, LINQSTAT, have impedance, as shown below by the thought screen helmet with a mulitimeter reading in ohms.  Both materials do not hold a static charge when grounded.  They are technically described as a conductive polyethylene film commonly used as a static control material in numerous semiconductor, electronics and Smartcard applications due their easy-grounding nature.  Both materials meet military specification MIL-P-82646A.  They have different conductive properties than metals.
The Fluke multimeter indicates a reading of 52 ohms as shown below demonstrating the impedance of Velostat." 

They've only had two failures since 1998.

Who do I believe?

David

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2011, 12:41:11 PM »
Has Cthulhu really seen UFO's and if so has he met any visitors?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 12:51:27 PM by David »

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2011, 12:42:16 PM »
I'll dumb it down for you, because it is Sunday.

I just watched a bit of an Alien Workshop and Habitat demo via webcast.  

Tim O'connor was there, I pondered if he would land anything.  Saw 4 or 5 bigflip attempts.

The answer to my question, nope.  But Omar was ripping, and I always enjoy that.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

chrisathans

• Rep: -2
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2011, 12:51:06 PM »
i wondered why pay burke isnt pro.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2011, 02:58:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Canada took deliberate measures against dialects, from what I hear. I can't find anything specific on it now, but a prof of mine went on a tangent a while ago about the school boards out east re-training all the teachers to get rid of their Newfie/Maritime accents. Pretty weird to think about.

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2011, 03:01:28 PM »
Do british people call there mothers mom or mum(like mummy)?.

Paper Crane

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2011, 03:04:36 PM »
How many times have i thought of this sentence?

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2011, 04:56:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Canada took deliberate measures against dialects, from what I hear. I can't find anything specific on it now, but a prof of mine went on a tangent a while ago about the school boards out east re-training all the teachers to get rid of their Newfie/Maritime accents. Pretty weird to think about.
maybe they wanted their students to actually learn something. if i was taught by a newfie i wouldn't be able to understand half the things they would be trying to say, so i would get nothing out of it. eyes tha buys who teaches tha class 
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"

Quote from: PonyFAP
I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

Tom Penny says: My 'ed systems!

daniel

• Rep: 35
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2011, 11:54:26 PM »

maybe they wanted their students to actually learn something. if i was taught by a newfie i wouldn't be able to understand half the things they would be trying to say, so i would get nothing out of it. eyes tha buys who teaches tha class 

laughing out loud!

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2011, 05:41:05 AM »

we say and write mum

my simple stoner mind led me to thinking "if you dont have a full time hobby like skating or whatever... what do normal people do in their free time?" because all my friends who dont skate just sit arround in various places

JUSTICE BEAVER

• Rep: 6
  • yes
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2011, 09:03:45 AM »
Keenan Forever

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2011, 09:16:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

we say and write mum

my simple stoner mind led me to thinking "if you dont have a full time hobby like skating or whatever... what do normal people do in their free time?" because all my friends who dont skate just sit arround in various places
I assume they do drugs and buy shit to fill up the empty hole not skateboarding has left.
Do Brits use the word mum to mean stay silent as well? Like "When I asked what she got me for Christmas, mum stayed mum"

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2011, 09:26:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

we say and write mum

[close]
I assume they do drugs and buy shit to fill up the empty hole not skateboarding has left.
Do Brits use the word mum to mean stay silent as well? Like "When I asked what she got me for Christmas, mum stayed mum"

haha, nah man ive never heard that one before

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2011, 08:17:50 PM »
Why is it that most of my plans always fall through in the exact ways I hope they don't?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.