Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 574918 times)

IskateBaker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -70
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #150 on: July 12, 2011, 09:29:00 AM »
nigga when's the last time you caught a pokemon with a great ball?

e.d.

• Rep: 63
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #151 on: July 12, 2011, 06:32:56 PM »
I don't know if this makes sense, but...
In America we say 'uh' and 'umm' and that is how we write it out. It seems like British writing uses 'er' and 'erm'
Is this because a Brit saying 'uh' sounds like 'er' and 'um' sounds like 'erm'? If you say 'uh' out loud (and your american) it sounds like a someone from the U.K. saying 'er'
I don't know if that makes sense to anyone but me, (or maybe it is something everyone already knows) but I pondered it today.

edit: I was reading Harry Potter

penguin meat

« Reply #152 on: July 12, 2011, 08:50:18 PM »
In America we say 'uh' and 'umm' and that is how we write it out. It seems like British writing uses 'er' and 'erm'
Is this because a Brit saying 'uh' sounds like 'er' and 'um' sounds like 'erm'? If you say 'uh' out loud (and your american) it sounds like a someone from the U.K. saying 'er'
I don't know if that makes sense to anyone but me, (or maybe it is something everyone already knows) but I pondered it today.

We'll the "R" sound in Europe is a highly debated subject.  They can't agree on it's pronunciation for the life of them. So my thought is that it the "R" gets tossed around quite a bit because they don't know what to do with that letter.

Hannity

« Reply #153 on: July 13, 2011, 10:58:43 AM »
I think Im gonna focus my account
please don't, i need to see that jennifer love hewitt picture all over the boards, that picture haunts me in my dreams now...

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #154 on: July 13, 2011, 12:02:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

We'll the "R" sound in Europe is a highly debated subject.  They can't agree on it's pronunciation for the life of them. So my thought is that it the "R" gets tossed around quite a bit because they don't know what to do with that letter.

really? I live in England and have never heard anyone debate this. H on the other hand...

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #155 on: July 13, 2011, 12:17:37 PM »
Why I can't view flash videos on Firefox right now. I've updated flashplayer, and googling brings me answers from 2009. Youtube and flash works on safari, any ideas what's going on?

penguin meat

« Reply #156 on: July 13, 2011, 07:28:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

really? I live in England and have never heard anyone debate this. H on the other hand...

The French, Spanish, and English "R"s are all different.  I have no idea how other European countries interpret it.  It's not literally debated like I said.  People don't sit at a round table and compare arguments about it's pronunciation, but that one letter has a diverse representation throughout the continent.

HawkbillKayak

• Rep: 2
« Reply #157 on: July 27, 2011, 06:53:49 PM »
If I had ever bought/done anything for my Mom unless is was a special occasion. Realized I had never...so I went and picked her up some really nice flowers ad wrote a little not saying how she is the greatest Mom in the entire world. Gotta love my mama.

Useful Idiot

• Rep: 24
« Reply #158 on: July 27, 2011, 08:22:48 PM »
Nice work.

You loves you? Megatron.

BriDen

« Reply #159 on: July 27, 2011, 10:17:29 PM »
If I see somebody in my rearview driving like an asshole, cutting people off and weaving in an out of traffic, then I get close enough to a car in the next lane so that the guy can't pass, does that make me an asshole as well?

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #160 on: July 28, 2011, 05:01:08 AM »
If I see somebody in my rearview driving like an asshole, cutting people off and weaving in an out of traffic, then I get close enough to a car in the next lane so that the guy can't pass, does that make me an asshole as well?
Being an asshole to correct someone who was being an asshole first, makes you a hero. Congrats Briden. You earned this.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #161 on: July 28, 2011, 05:06:08 AM »

someone explain

Heshstallion

• Rep: -9
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #162 on: July 28, 2011, 08:15:38 AM »

someone explain
I used to work at a relay center that helped deaf people use the phone. During our orientation, we had a deaf lady come "talk" to us about how important our job was blah blah. im pretty sure someone there asked her that question and she said something along the lines of visualizing the words in her head when shes thinking, instead of sounds

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #163 on: July 28, 2011, 10:15:58 AM »
Why does time go by so fast?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 02:13:09 PM by The Poster Formerly Known As Crass »

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #164 on: July 28, 2011, 10:34:00 AM »
When ever I take a shit the day after eating corn on the cob, I always think to myself. "Do I need to chew my food better?"
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Archie Bunker

• Rep: 17
  • I've got the juice now
« Reply #165 on: July 28, 2011, 09:31:21 PM »

why does time go by so slow when you're standing in front of the microwave waiting for your food to get done cooking?
Bitch I'm 'bout it 'bout it

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 58
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #166 on: July 28, 2011, 09:46:49 PM »
If I had ever bought/done anything for my Mom unless is was a special occasion. Realized I had never...so I went and picked her up some really nice flowers ad wrote a little not saying how she is the greatest Mom in the entire world. Gotta love my mama.

Almost every time I trip I'll end up buying my mom some little gift or lawn ornament because my trip will lead me down a path of thinking that makes me feel really bad about how I've treated her. Not that I treat her like shit at all, I just don't treat her like the golden god she is. To this point I've given her a gnome I stole from a lawn, a gnome I bought from the University's bookstore, some crazy metal ladybug, Kroger flowers, and a really balling sassy mom mug for the rebel in every 55 year old woman.

dolphinstyle.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #167 on: July 29, 2011, 12:19:38 AM »
When ever I take a shit the day after eating corn on the cob, I always think to myself. "Do I need to chew my food better?"
You're not alone.
Look, I'm an individual within us, partaking in this business

daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #168 on: July 29, 2011, 10:57:13 AM »
I sure am glad that people are done talking about Charlie Sheen.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #169 on: August 03, 2011, 09:17:44 AM »
who was the first person to say "i got my mind on my money, and my money on my mind"

If a vacuum (or anything really) has a HI and LO setting, what is the point in having a LO setting?

Doctor Handsome

• Rep: 4
  • Doctor Handsome
« Reply #170 on: August 03, 2011, 09:53:37 AM »
who was the first person to say "i got my mind on my money, and my money on my mind"

If a vacuum (or anything really) has a HI and LO setting, what is the point in having a LO setting?

"I only want to clean a little bit of shit off my floor, not all of it!" Makes sense.
I'm drunk.

frank

« Reply #171 on: August 03, 2011, 01:49:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

"I only want to clean a little bit of shit off my floor, not all of it!" Makes sense.
maybe to conserve electricity? that's a good question

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #172 on: August 03, 2011, 02:00:40 PM »
if you were just vacuuming dust or something, you use the low and it uses less power. not that good of a question

Doctor Handsome

• Rep: 4
  • Doctor Handsome
« Reply #173 on: August 03, 2011, 02:17:44 PM »
You're right, electricity is so expensive. And vacuuming totally gets ride of that base layer of dust.
I'm drunk.

frank

« Reply #174 on: August 03, 2011, 02:22:11 PM »
i'm just indecisive and unsure about everything... leave me alone! 

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #175 on: August 05, 2011, 08:37:12 AM »
why in school are we taught "i before e, except after c" when there are at least eight words that deify thie weird rule
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 08:40:40 AM by finknoos »

Goblinshark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #176 on: August 05, 2011, 11:35:24 AM »
What is it like to have a small penis?
Stephen Alcala: chris cole anit a loser
Stephen Alcala: frank grewer is an alcholic
Stephen Alcala: LOSER

Goblinshark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #177 on: August 05, 2011, 11:36:00 AM »
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Stephen Alcala: chris cole anit a loser
Stephen Alcala: frank grewer is an alcholic
Stephen Alcala: LOSER

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #178 on: August 05, 2011, 11:46:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

why does time go by so slow when you're standing in front of the microwave waiting for your food to get done cooking?
Same for boiling water.
why in school are we taught "i before e, except after c" when there are at least eight words that deify thie weird rule
Exceptions to every rule. Especially if you're a rich white man.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

BriDen

« Reply #179 on: August 05, 2011, 01:42:22 PM »
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?