Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 575189 times)

Grubby Mits

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #420 on: January 12, 2012, 01:33:22 PM »
oh yeah, I know speeds shitty, last time i did it i didnt sleep that night... but free is free and god i love me some frugality, hmmmm
+ a hessle audio night at fabric

haha you generally don't sleep on uppers that's the point. I'm going fabric next month on the 17th for dubpolice, solu:tion and some others for a mates 18th. Dubpolice should be good.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #421 on: January 12, 2012, 01:36:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Well speed is pretty shit, and here in England it's generally terrible quality. Mandy is so much more fun but a half g isn't much and the speed is free. Hmm... what's the occasion?

Also amphetamines can temporarily give you the symptoms of schizophrenia, been revising for my psychology exam about it today haha.
[close]

really? most beans over here only have a tenth of a gram of mali in them

Are beans pills? Haha don't use the same slang. How would you know how much md is in a pill? I've only done md 4 times and the third time I did it I bombed a on the gram gram in three wraps that was supposedly pretty pure, I was fucked but I did .75 the next time a month later and was fairly chilling. When i've done smaller doses like .25 i've always ended up mixing with alcohol and cannabis out of stupidity and going a bit mad

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
« Reply #422 on: January 12, 2012, 01:54:04 PM »
Expand Quote
oh yeah, I know speeds shitty, last time i did it i didnt sleep that night... but free is free and god i love me some frugality, hmmmm
+ a hessle audio night at fabric
[close]

haha you generally don't sleep on uppers that's the point. I'm going fabric next month on the 17th for dubpolice, solu:tion and some others for a mates 18th. Dubpolice should be good.

woops, I meant like the next night. That's cool dude, i dont really get along with dubstep/dnb, but i'm sure you'll have fun, its a good time there!

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #423 on: January 12, 2012, 02:04:06 PM »
What are you in to? I like most stuff, love a bit of oldschool jungle. Only turned 18 a few montsh ago and haven't got round to fabric yet so i'm pretty excited. Going cable, electric, brixton acandemy (for bass culture live) aswell that month, going to be dead. Yeah anyway have fun with whatever you choose
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 02:07:49 PM by Grubby Mits »

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #424 on: January 12, 2012, 02:56:55 PM »
So you find that kid with no shirt doing an indy way hotter then those girls in your signature huh? The reason you put it up is because
you can see his firm abs huh? or no?
Raven Tershy doing a properly tucked frontside air is always sick. I don't find him attractive though. Just thought it was funny. I used to have patrick melcher noseblunting an orange.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #425 on: January 12, 2012, 03:53:36 PM »
Whats a couch for?

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #426 on: January 12, 2012, 04:04:52 PM »
How old are you sleepypancakes? i'm gonna have to do that soon as well, should be interesting.

Well, this is some pretty solid advice from a very wise man:

Do you live with your parents? If so, just bring a dude back to your place and make it so your parents walk in on you guys doing the deed, and just be like, "Ooops. I'm gay!"

Human Onion

• Rep: 4
« Reply #427 on: January 12, 2012, 04:21:29 PM »
You know you're a grown up when you start quoting yourself  :) " Like I always say......."

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
« Reply #428 on: January 15, 2012, 04:44:17 PM »
I am really wondering if I am making the right career decisions. Politically, I am pretty radical so I need to do something that allows me to sleep at night. At the same time, I want a family one day and I hear kids are expensive! I graduated from school a year ago and am 26 now. I work in a furniture store and intern at a non-profit twice a week. I am looking for work in the non-profit world (pretty tough right now!) and once I get a job am thinking of applying to grad school at Berkeley (where I live and went to undergrad) for their MBA in non-profit management. I need to have about 5 years of work experience to be a solid candidate there so I will be pretty old by the time that happens. At the end of that I am wondering if I will make enough money to support a family? I know if I work in fundraising I can make decent money. On the other hand there are lots of semi-righteous things I can be doing (that involve more money) and grad schools I can get into right now. I could do some sort of socially beneficial law or get a regular MBA and work in green retro-fitting. I don't know... Pondering life decisions.

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #429 on: January 15, 2012, 10:47:07 PM »
I am really wondering if I am making the right career decisions. Politically, I am pretty radical so I need to do something that allows me to sleep at night. At the same time, I want a family one day and I hear kids are expensive! I graduated from school a year ago and am 26 now. I work in a furniture store and intern at a non-profit twice a week. I am looking for work in the non-profit world (pretty tough right now!) and once I get a job am thinking of applying to grad school at Berkeley (where I live and went to undergrad) for their MBA in non-profit management. I need to have about 5 years of work experience to be a solid candidate there so I will be pretty old by the time that happens. At the end of that I am wondering if I will make enough money to support a family? I know if I work in fundraising I can make decent money. On the other hand there are lots of semi-righteous things I can be doing (that involve more money) and grad schools I can get into right now. I could do some sort of socially beneficial law or get a regular MBA and work in green retro-fitting. I don't know... Pondering life decisions.

go teach english in an underdeveloped nation. was just in cambodia and the khmer people are very grateful for any help. it's socially constructive and proactive and would be an adventure. all you need is a BA or BS to teach basic English at a University. Wouldn't necessarily be a forever/career gig, it might open doors though. If nothing else it would be a great experience and afford you time to make decisions.

Truancy

• Rep: 7
  • GFC lifestyle
« Reply #430 on: January 16, 2012, 06:54:31 PM »
Whats a couch for?

paging EricLogan...
Man enough to carry cuffs
Man enough to stand trial

oneshovel

« Reply #431 on: January 16, 2012, 07:14:45 PM »
I live in a small 2bdr apt with my friend.  He started seeing this girl, and she's been staying over basically every night.  Now I don't want to be an asshole, but I do not intend to live in this cramped space with a couple.  I've mentioned this to him already and she keeps coming every day.  What do I do next?

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #432 on: January 16, 2012, 07:47:25 PM »
Kill her

DMH

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #433 on: January 16, 2012, 08:06:19 PM »
Kill your roommate. Floor space for your belongings increases two-fold.

Why is being alive so dumb and hard sometimes? I always feel like I'm managing everybody else's feelings on top of my own.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #434 on: January 16, 2012, 08:12:28 PM »
Bang her

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #435 on: January 16, 2012, 09:08:09 PM »
Is it sketchy to meet girls online?

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #436 on: January 16, 2012, 09:53:09 PM »
Is it sketchy to meet girls online?
Yes and no. I was close to meeting 2 girls, both fuckin bailed. Ask them for proof, like a picture. Meet up in a public place.

myrrh

• Rep: 2
« Reply #437 on: January 18, 2012, 11:20:19 AM »
Something I have pondered for quite some time now : Why do people on here use OF instead of HAVE??
"I should of done it" etc.

Is there something Im missing? English not being my mother tongue and all.

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #438 on: January 18, 2012, 11:38:25 AM »
Something I have pondered for quite some time now : Why do people on here use OF instead of HAVE??

It is technically grammatically inaccurate to use "of" instead of "have" but it is a very common thing over here.  Most people, when pronoucing have in that phrase, leave out the 'h' sound, resulting in "should 'ave" or "should've."  I'm sure you can see how quickly that can turn into "should of."  I think the majority of people would still write have, but I guess not everyone.

Seriously though, English must be confusing as fuck to learn as a second language.  We don't follow any of our own rules.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 11:41:55 AM by jeremyrandall »

bakedRice

• Rep: -20
« Reply #439 on: January 18, 2012, 01:44:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It is technically grammatically inaccurate to use "of" instead of "have" but it is a very common thing over here.  Most people, when pronoucing have in that phrase, leave out the 'h' sound, resulting in "should 'ave" or "should've."  I'm sure you can see how quickly that can turn into "should of."  I think the majority of people would still write have, but I guess not everyone.

Seriously though, English must be confusing as fuck to learn as a second language.  We don't follow any of our own rules.

i also hate how if youve never seen a word theres a chance its pronounced all wonky because of its origin words. really wish english would have some accents or something to stress the pronounciation, at least with french or german you know which letter or syllable your supposed to emphasize.

i just started an online philosophy course (last liberal yay) and i find this shit so fascinating, constantly pondering epistemology (what the course is on, the study of knowledge) like what is it, how do we know it, and why do we think its this way, etc... pretty trippy when you apply it to regular life and definitely increases your skepticism towards the world. like there was a thing about basing knowledge on false assumptions, and it turning out to be right even though your reasoning was wrong.

his example was the bulb had burned out in the kitchen, he assumed it was blown bulb, but actually the fuse has blown, but once turned back on, he actually did have to put the new bulb in.
this reminds me so much of skating, like in doing a trick, say kickflip, you assume your ability to pop and flick based on previous experiences will lead you to landing this one, but you fuck the pop up, mob the flick or something, and land on it all janky, your knowledge of landing was wrong but you got lucky and was still right in the end.

i dunno, this shit is fun to think about when im all ripped at night and i like how it would be something i would look up on the internet anyways but its part of a course and the marks make me actually try to thoroughly understand it.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #440 on: January 19, 2012, 12:10:13 PM »
Why is a blowjob called a blowjob ? while there could be some blowing going on , its more of a sucking and licking thing no ?

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #441 on: January 19, 2012, 12:28:14 PM »
Why is a blowjob called a blowjob ? while there could be some blowing going on , its more of a sucking and licking thing no ?

Because you 'blow' your load when the 'job' is done.  I thought that was fairly obvious.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #442 on: January 19, 2012, 12:56:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Because you 'blow' your load when the 'job' is done.?  I thought that was fairly obvious.

Haha with that logic there would be no difference between a handy and a blowy  ::)

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #443 on: January 19, 2012, 05:00:03 PM »
or a rim job

oneshovel

« Reply #444 on: January 28, 2012, 04:54:18 PM »
What is the deal with no music videos being on youtube!  I'm tryin to listen to some shit that was played 80 times a day on much music and the radio 10 years ago, for free, and now I can't see it?

Money Black

• Rep: 4
« Reply #445 on: January 29, 2012, 05:36:27 AM »

it comes from 'should've' , people don't realise or are confused and say 'should of' instead and than i guess they get so used to saying it they type it aswell. who cares though

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #446 on: January 29, 2012, 08:32:34 PM »
When did "finna" become so popular, and why do people say it when they're speaking? I always thought it was just a mistyping of "gonna".
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
« Reply #447 on: February 06, 2012, 03:18:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Because you 'blow' your load when the 'job' is done.?  I thought that was fairly obvious.
[close]

Haha with that logic there would be no difference between a handy and a blowy  ::)
Blow job is a bastardization of it's previous name a "below job". Don't know where I heard that but I do remember learning this at some point.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #448 on: February 06, 2012, 04:31:39 AM »
remember in high school when you used to hear about those chicks who gave someone head for the first time and would just blow air onto their dick? that shit was hilarious.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #449 on: February 06, 2012, 05:34:03 AM »
When did "finna" become so popular, and why do people say it when they're speaking? I always thought it was just a mistyping of "gonna".
fitting to

im fittin tuh go to sleep

im finna go sleep