Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 574553 times)

Pippen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 16
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #540 on: April 20, 2012, 04:39:12 PM »
So I havent read the books but Ive seen like maybe the first 5 harry potter movies . Just thinking are the wizzards and witches just really shit in that world ?

I mean in other worlds wizzards can manipulate elements , turn into animals , conjure shit and so on to fight eachother and not die . Not limited to if they have a wand or not .

Like at the world cup of that game they play , 10 or so death eaters attack about 20 thousand wizzards and witches . And nobody seems to do shit but run away and hide ?

I mean even the shittiest wizzard or witch would know some deffencive spell and so on ?  its like attacking a martial arts convention with 20 k martial artists there , with 10 ppl only using martial arts and getting away with it .

Even the battles betwen witches and wizzards are really fucking lame with pretty much only 1 "shooting " spell .  What about potions as bombs or poisons , transforming into a fucking tiger and mawling the shit out of somebody. Or shooting lightning out of your hands

And since its set in the modern times , why not fucking use guns more this would have solved alot of problems

Anyways ... Im drunk ... 

I always thought bringing guns into harry potter would make things a bit more interesting

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #541 on: April 22, 2012, 08:50:00 PM »
Flatspots on masonite. Wut
Seriously, masonite is soft but it is so easy to get flat spots on a mini-ramp. Boggles the mind.

filter

• Rep: 7
« Reply #542 on: April 22, 2012, 08:58:54 PM »
yeah, the harry potter world makes no sense to the point where i dont find it interesting. like practical real world applications to becoming a wizard. do they get jobs after graduating?

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #543 on: April 23, 2012, 01:52:06 AM »
yeah, the harry potter world makes no sense to the point where i dont find it interesting. like practical real world applications to becoming a wizard. do they get jobs after graduating?

http://www.cracked.com/article_19667_6-horrifying-implications-harry-potter-universe.html

rudetude

• Rep: 1
« Reply #544 on: May 01, 2012, 10:57:45 PM »
http://www.multivax.com/last_question.html

take the time to read it, takes all of 7 minutes.

then read

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predictions_made_by_Ray_Kurzweil#2045:_The_Singularity

and then ponder what will happen first; this ^... or we cause our own extinction.
i'm on the pessimistic side of that question, but i'd be psyched to be wrong

Tough spot to be in, thinking about it ma k e  s  me    a     l       lllllll     disjointed...

Fortunately humans are like a living breathing computer that can conceive a thought and turn it into an action.

If you are interested in imagination, free energy and hope for human this is a place to start, I sure tripped out on it

[parts 1, 2, 3 are linked]

http://www.whale.to/b/magneto_thermodynamics1.html

rudetude

• Rep: 1
« Reply #545 on: May 01, 2012, 11:46:42 PM »
DUDES, just had a crazy thought.

let's say you got a fuckin time machine that functions perfectly, it moves you forward or backward in time however far you want. let's say i went a year into the future, wouldn't the time machine stay in place? meaning, when i skipped a year forward, the earth/sun/everything that exists would be in a different position than it is now relative to where it was when i started my time travel.

so a time travel machine HAS to also teleport you in space to a very specific point in the universe if you want to end up on land and not in the vacuum.

Good point, if the Delorean doesn't include itself in the travelling how could one get back to one's original time. Truly, how could one travel from moment (now) to moment (n) if ones time machine couldn't move from moment (now) to moment (n)? If we view time (the fourth dimension) as a point, we can view it as a value, or a function that can be resolved as a value. If we examine that function through a value (x) we can interpret it as a place within that function, if we examine the same function through a different value (y) we can interpret the function at a different point. We can then ask, does this function exist at both value x and value y? If we view time (the fourth dimension) as a function that changes when x (the value we choose to interpret it by) changes, we see that the function exists as it is at each value we choose to evaluate it by [x, y, z]. The function exists AS IT IS in all of these states, these states change as we move through the function (the function x squared exists at x=3 as 8, and at x= 5 as 25). We can view time travel in the same way, as a function. Our perception of the universe changes as we move from 2009 to 2012 (in the same way we evaluate x squared for different values of x) but the but the universe as it exists in 2009 does not change when we evaluate it, even if we have traveled from another time (value of x).

Please object where you differ.

Long live skateboarding

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 384
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #546 on: May 02, 2012, 12:17:17 AM »
x squared=9.

I think if a time machine was created, the bend in the fabric of time would also cause a bend in space (since they are interrelated) that is hopefully able to control for any shift in your position.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #547 on: May 02, 2012, 01:07:06 AM »
Do skateboarders make up a large percentage of the suede shoes market?

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #548 on: May 03, 2012, 10:55:13 PM »
If u mix 1/2 litre each of milk that expires today with milk that expires 7 days from now, what's ur new expiry date?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #549 on: May 03, 2012, 11:02:27 PM »
If u mix 1/2 litre each of milk that expires today with milk that expires 7 days from now, what's ur new expiry date?
mind = blown.

Brick

• Rep: -1
« Reply #550 on: May 03, 2012, 11:41:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
mind = blown.

Tim and Eric: "Brule's Rules Milk Expiration" (Awesome Show)

ya dummy

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #551 on: May 04, 2012, 12:01:46 AM »
ha, i knew it wouldn't actually change the life expectancy of milk, just thought the logic was clever in a ridiculous way.

Karlos

• Rep: -3
« Reply #552 on: May 04, 2012, 09:48:06 PM »
Expand Quote
DUDES, just had a crazy thought.

let's say you got a fuckin time machine that functions perfectly, it moves you forward or backward in time however far you want. let's say i went a year into the future, wouldn't the time machine stay in place? meaning, when i skipped a year forward, the earth/sun/everything that exists would be in a different position than it is now relative to where it was when i started my time travel.

so a time travel machine HAS to also teleport you in space to a very specific point in the universe if you want to end up on land and not in the vacuum.
[close]

Good point, if the Delorean doesn't include itself in the travelling how could one get back to one's original time. Truly, how could one travel from moment (now) to moment (n) if ones time machine couldn't move from moment (now) to moment (n)? If we view time (the fourth dimension) as a point, we can view it as a value, or a function that can be resolved as a value. If we examine that function through a value (x) we can interpret it as a place within that function, if we examine the same function through a different value (y) we can interpret the function at a different point. We can then ask, does this function exist at both value x and value y? If we view time (the fourth dimension) as a function that changes when x (the value we choose to interpret it by) changes, we see that the function exists as it is at each value we choose to evaluate it by [x, y, z]. The function exists AS IT IS in all of these states, these states change as we move through the function (the function x squared exists at x=3 as 8, and at x= 5 as 25). We can view time travel in the same way, as a function. Our perception of the universe changes as we move from 2009 to 2012 (in the same way we evaluate x squared for different values of x) but the but the universe as it exists in 2009 does not change when we evaluate it, even if we have traveled from another time (value of x).

Please object where you differ.

Long live skateboarding

whatever man, just build a huge time machine and in it you place a helicopter inside what theres one smaller time machine so u can fly wherever you want and travel back , maybe somehow with the chopper or doesnt matter if ur rich
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 03:25:06 AM by Karlos »

Brick

• Rep: -1
« Reply #553 on: May 05, 2012, 08:37:06 AM »
ha, i knew it wouldn't actually change the life expectancy of milk, just thought the logic was clever in a ridiculous way.

yeah maybe you just take the average and make it 3 and a half days

Da Worst

• Rep: -6
« Reply #554 on: May 05, 2012, 10:14:44 AM »
why is 2 and a half men so popular when it is probably the worst show ever made. same goes with big bang theory

BraveUlysses

« Reply #555 on: May 05, 2012, 12:11:40 PM »
Alright I've been pondering this almost my whole life. Why the fuck does Spider-Man say "Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man"? Spider-Man isn't a neighborhood, he's a person. Also fuck Two and a Half men and Big Bang Theory. I used to like Two and a Half men but I started to feel like I was hearing the same 4-5 jokes over and over. I could never bring myself to watch a full episode of Big Bang Theory though. Big Bang Theory is one of the shows that the jokes are so bad that I start to feel uncomfortable. But no movie or tv shoe can make me more uncomfortable than any Tyler Perry movie or show. Fuck that dude.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #556 on: May 05, 2012, 12:13:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah maybe you just take the average and make it 3 and a half days

pouring a bad product into a good product just makes it a bad product , its not that the "new"  milk goes bad , but its just that the sour milk is in it . So basicly you will drink less concentrated sour milk

which is bad

A.J.K.

« Reply #557 on: May 05, 2012, 12:37:35 PM »
Alright I've been pondering this almost my whole life. Why the fuck does Spider-Man say "Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man"? Spider-Man isn't a neighborhood, he's a person. Also fuck Two and a Half men and Big Bang Theory. I used to like Two and a Half men but I started to feel like I was hearing the same 4-5 jokes over and over. I could never bring myself to watch a full episode of Big Bang Theory though. Big Bang Theory is one of the shows that the jokes are so bad that I start to feel uncomfortable. But no movie or tv shoe can make me more uncomfortable than any Tyler Perry movie or show. Fuck that dude.
He's not claiming to be a neighborhood.  He's saying that he's the Spiderman that pertains to that specific neighborhood. 

Joe Pesci

« Reply #558 on: May 05, 2012, 02:19:28 PM »
no, he isnt claiming to be a neighborhood, but at the same time, he says "friendly neighborhood spider man" as if there is one of him for every neighborhood. which is not true.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #559 on: May 05, 2012, 03:07:54 PM »
no, he isnt claiming to be a neighborhood, but at the same time, he says "friendly neighborhood spider man" as if there is one of him for every neighborhood. which is not true.

Therein lies the joke. The phrase is supposed to an ironic take on the cliched phrase "your friendly neighbourhood [blank]". There isn't much to ponder here.

Also, BraveUlysses -

You are so dumb. You are really dumb, for real!

BraveUlysses

« Reply #560 on: May 05, 2012, 04:52:44 PM »
Bed Intruder video, how original. I never gave it much thought but I'm surprised I couldn't figure out the Spidey catch phrase. Totally makes sense now though.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:56:28 PM by BraveUlysses »

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #561 on: May 05, 2012, 08:21:29 PM »
why is 2 and a half men so popular when it is probably the worst show ever made. same goes with big bang theory

nah big bang theory is tight.  Its corny as fuck, but sheldon and penny make it worth watching.

Karlos

« Reply #562 on: May 06, 2012, 03:32:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

nah big bang theory is tight.  Its corny as fuck, but sheldon and penny make it worth watching.

if it wasn't corny enough, why the fuck do they have to dub that fake shit laugh over them. people so dumb they need to be reminded when to laugh ? next its gonna be a law to tattoo "breathe" on your eyeballs man

BraveUlysses

« Reply #563 on: May 06, 2012, 07:12:49 AM »
Having a laugh track doesn't mean a show isn't funny.

Karlos

« Reply #564 on: May 06, 2012, 10:00:03 AM »
it doesn't . but still, why ?

BraveUlysses

« Reply #565 on: May 06, 2012, 07:38:37 PM »
I think I read something about a laugh track being used to let the audience know where the punchlines are or sonething like that. I'm probably wrong though.

Jack Klompis

• Rep: 53
  • you want the pen??
« Reply #566 on: May 06, 2012, 08:13:04 PM »
the scene when ricky gervais calls larry david out for using a laugh track for seinfeld in the last season of curb was hysterical......

will larry come back for another season of curb?? i can only hope
look who's eating dinner at 6 o'clock

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #567 on: May 06, 2012, 08:16:52 PM »
Yeah i'm pretty sure they're doing another season of Curb.

Michael J Fox episode is incredible
For Your Health

JD

• Rep: 37
« Reply #568 on: May 06, 2012, 08:18:52 PM »
If you live everyday like its your last, wont your last day be the same as the others?
Bro imagine austyns face, but on biebels body!

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #569 on: May 07, 2012, 09:56:23 PM »
This kid is great for his age and all but who actually hangs out with and films 12 year olds all day? It just seems a little pedo no matter what.
Chilling in the street - Ryo Motohashi 12 years old

Edit: This reminds me of something I saw the other day. This dad is walking with his 5 year old or so kid, holding his hand and he is wearing a fucking pedo-bear sweatshirt! I sort of doubt he knew what the character was. I almost wanted to tell him. Also wish I had a camera that moment.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 10:02:37 PM by happenstance »