Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 575359 times)

BraveUlysses

Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #900 on: August 19, 2013, 05:33:44 PM »
Been over thinking about the phrase "least favorite" lately. When people say something is their "least favorite" shouldn't that mean that out of all their things that are their favorite of that group that the one thing in that the specific group they're talking about is the least? People use the phrase to describe something they hate whereas to me the phrase should be used to describe something one enjoys but not as much as other things they enjoy in that category because of the use of the word "favorite" to describe it.

For instance if someone says "Batman is my least favorite superhero" they are saying that they don't like Batman but to me it should mean that out of all their favorite superheros Batman is one of them but the least of them all.

Paco Supreme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #901 on: August 19, 2013, 05:42:22 PM »
why is covering nipples on things considered censorship? you can still see the rest of the tits

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #902 on: August 19, 2013, 07:05:14 PM »
why is covering nipples on things considered censorship? you can still see the rest of the tits

haha I know right, might as well flop out the whole titty

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #903 on: August 19, 2013, 07:17:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Why does nudity in video games have a higher rating then shooting people with blood and guts going everywhere ...

Why cant I get apps on my Iphone , its in the fucking itunes thing but wont go into the phone ,  almost focused my phone and my laptop

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #904 on: August 20, 2013, 09:56:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Why cant I get apps on my Iphone , its in the fucking itunes thing but wont go into the phone ,?  almost focused my phone and my laptop

I just had some issues with my apps because I made a new account. If you've changed around your account you may want to delete the apps and add them with the new account.

Also, try using the App Store app on your phone to get them instead?

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #905 on: August 21, 2013, 03:13:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Why cant I get apps on my Iphone , its in the fucking itunes thing but wont go into the phone ,?  almost focused my phone and my laptop
[close]

I just had some issues with my apps because I made a new account. If you've changed around your account you may want to delete the apps and add them with the new account.

Also, try using the App Store app on your phone to get them instead?

Yeah I had to turn on the internet on the phone and get the apps from the app store . thanks for the help dude

SqueezeThePulp

• Rep: 11
« Reply #906 on: August 25, 2013, 03:25:14 PM »
Is everything bullshit? Yes and no. I have this thought every few seconds every day. Cognitive dissonance.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #907 on: August 25, 2013, 06:22:42 PM »
What happened to the price checking shits at stores? I ain't seen one in a minute and I believe the last one I saw didn't work.

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #908 on: August 26, 2013, 06:08:49 AM »
SLAPPIES BERTLEMANN SLIDES, THINK  IM GONNA TRY THAT :)

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #909 on: August 31, 2013, 06:11:14 PM »

SqueezeThePulp

« Reply #910 on: September 01, 2013, 01:38:23 AM »
talkin to this girl that goes to college like an hour away, wonder if its worth it to keep texting/talking to her...

SEAN PABLO

• Rep: -78
« Reply #911 on: September 01, 2013, 05:55:07 PM »
talkin to this girl that goes to college like an hour away, wonder if its worth it to keep texting/talking to her...

Hmmm thats a tough one, keep thinking about it i guess

Shredsledder

« Reply #912 on: September 01, 2013, 08:41:27 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consensus_reality

existentialism is causing me problems.

"In existentialism, the individual's starting point is characterized by what has been called "the existential attitude", or a sense of disorientation and confusion in the face of an apparently meaningless or absurd world"

Is this not everybody?

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #913 on: September 02, 2013, 10:52:25 AM »

"In existentialism, the individual's starting point is characterized by what has been called "the existential attitude", or a sense of disorientation and confusion in the face of an apparently meaningless or absurd world"

Is this not everybody?

Most people are happy just to work a 9-5 with no complications and its just enough they dont hate their job . Go out everyweekend and get drunk or high and listen to pop music , Woshiping kim kardashian and the jersey shore people

so no

SEAN PABLO

• Rep: -78
« Reply #914 on: September 02, 2013, 05:47:48 PM »
dont judge me

SqueezeThePulp

« Reply #915 on: September 02, 2013, 06:42:18 PM »
i came in here to post something i had really been thinking hard about, but then i forgot it...oh well.

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #916 on: September 02, 2013, 11:03:02 PM »
Expand Quote

Is this not everybody?
[close]

Most people are happy just to work a 9-5 with no complications and its just enough they dont hate their job . Go out everyweekend and get drunk or high and listen to pop music , Woshiping kim kardashian and the jersey shore people

so no

Do you really think that's true? I feel like there's a general malaise from the unfulfilling nature of that lifestyle...hence why people try to fill that void by buying shit. "Life will be so much better once I buy _____." The Western Way?

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #917 on: September 06, 2013, 02:37:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Is this not everybody?
[close]

so no
[close]

Do you really think that's true? I feel like there's a general malaise from the unfulfilling nature of that lifestyle...hence why people try to fill that void by buying shit. "Life will be so much better once I buy _____." The Western Way?

just look at mass media , all the reality shows , people idolizing people who have done nothing but being famous for being famous .

A person like Britney Spears is regarded as a talented artist by millions of people . Yet people are telling her what to wear , how to dress , what to say , producing and making her music for her , writing her lyrics and autotuning her singing

How does that even work ?   Why is snooki and those other jersey shore people make alot of money for being idiots on TV ? 

Why is hollywood remaking movie after movie , showing bad movies down out throat . Movies that cost 100s of millions to make and even though most these movies are absoulte shit , they still make 100s of millions

Why isnt all of this money being poured into healthcare or education ? why are not people who invent cures or furthers science super stars instead of idiots ?

Nobody cares , thats why .

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #918 on: September 07, 2013, 12:33:50 AM »
I think about this all the time. Are my mental issues real or am I just a bitch? I always feel like it's the latter, but then whenever I talk to someone about it they tell me it's the former. This leads me to believe it's a bit of both, but mostly that I'm just a bitch. People also tell me I'm intelligent, but holy shit, I feel like the dumbest person on the planet all the fucking time. What the fuck is intelligence anyway? Why the fuck can't I get and/or hold down a job? Am I really that incompetent? Should I keep playing Dungeons and Dragons? Should I delete this or post it? Fuck it.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

bottom feeder

• Rep: -1
« Reply #919 on: September 07, 2013, 03:06:59 AM »
Man up.  Most people have problems, but don't feel like they need to cry to he world about them. 

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #920 on: September 07, 2013, 12:06:47 PM »
I think about this all the time. Are my mental issues real or am I just a bitch? I always feel like it's the latter, but then whenever I talk to someone about it they tell me it's the former. This leads me to believe it's a bit of both, but mostly that I'm just a bitch. People also tell me I'm intelligent, but holy shit, I feel like the dumbest person on the planet all the fucking time. What the fuck is intelligence anyway? Why the fuck can't I get and/or hold down a job? Am I really that incompetent? Should I keep playing Dungeons and Dragons? Should I delete this or post it? Fuck it.
I agree that it could be both. Because when it comes down to it, the only person that can help you is you. It's great to have support and someone to talk to. But at the end of the day, you'll have to work on changing your outlook. That idea that you're incompetent and inadequate is poison. You're a good dude I'm sure. People have rough stuff to go through often in life. Do what makes you happy. Start focusing more on the things that you want out of life and find avenues to achieve them. Work yourself out of your hole, move to a new city, go out to a bar and meet people, hang out with friends, masturbate, skate somewhere by yourself and have some fun, mostly, get out and do things to take your mind off of it. Don't sit and dwell, and don't self medicate. It's a hard time I know, but you're good, you're worth people's time, you just have to find those people first.

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #921 on: September 07, 2013, 12:16:05 PM »
BE GLAD OF YOUR VIRGINITY, YOU LL GO TO HEAVEN IF YOU PRAY

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #922 on: September 07, 2013, 01:27:06 PM »

BuddyPal

« Reply #923 on: September 07, 2013, 03:00:08 PM »
like why yo, seriously?

nosporlactune

• Rep: 10
« Reply #924 on: September 09, 2013, 09:41:14 PM »
If I was presented with the opportunity to have the talent of a forgettable but decent am on a whack company like darkstar, but with that comes herpes, would I take that opportunity?

And should I pop this massive blister on my toe or not.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #925 on: September 09, 2013, 09:45:44 PM »
Lamm says it's simpler than that. "The song is about writing a song. It's not mystical," he says. Take a look at some of the lyrics:

Waiting for the break of day--He's been up all night and now it's getting close to sunrise.
Searching for something to say--Trying to think of song lyrics.
Flashing lights against the sky--Perhaps stars or the traditional flashing neon hotel sign.
Giving up I close my eyes--He's exhausted and his eyes hurt from being open too long, so he closes them.
Staring blindly into space--This expression can be seen often on the faces of writers and reporters. Trust me.
Getting up to splash my face--Something you do when you're trying to stay awake, though a good cup of Starbuck's does wonders for Cecil and me.
Wanting just to stay awake, wondering how much I can take--How far can he push himself to get the song done?
Should I try to do some more?--This is the line that makes many think it's a drug song. But it is just as easily construed as a frustrated writer wondering if he should try to do some more lyrics/songwriting.

As for the curious title, Lamm says, "It's just a reference to the time of day"--as in "waiting for the break of day" at 25 or (2)6 minutes to 4 a.m. (3:35 or 3:34 a.m.)

:o :o

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #926 on: September 19, 2013, 01:15:17 AM »
What the fuck happened to that dude who got rag-dolled on hollywood high in baker 3?

SqueezeThePulp

« Reply #927 on: September 22, 2013, 07:27:51 PM »
been wondering lately if im schizoid.
edit: took an online quiz, and apparently im just the strong silent type, not schizoid.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 07:33:56 PM by SqueezeThePulp »

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #928 on: October 05, 2013, 09:02:05 AM »
Has Jereme Rogers ever done a wallie?

Yu Dum

« Reply #929 on: October 05, 2013, 09:14:47 AM »
Why do I keep waking up with a headache? (Not a hangover)