Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 574996 times)

L33Tg33k

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #960 on: October 31, 2013, 02:01:23 PM »
Expand Quote
At least our celebrities are celebrities because of they're good at something and are therefor deified. Kardashians don't do shit. Only one of them ever put out a video part that I like to watch and that shit was shared with Ray J.
[close]

that was the dumbest thing anyone has ever said on slap. a sex tape and a video part are two different things gay boy. are you implying that you masturbate to andrew reynolds parts, too?
And if I do?
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

vancanman

• Rep: 9
« Reply #961 on: October 31, 2013, 03:27:54 PM »
At least our celebrities are celebrities because of they're good at something and are therefor deified. Kardashians don't do shit. Only one of them ever put out a video part that I like to watch and that shit was shared with Ray J.

Haha. Thats true I guess.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #962 on: October 31, 2013, 06:18:21 PM »

Funniest thing I've read all day.

spammy

• Rep: -17
« Reply #963 on: October 31, 2013, 06:54:13 PM »
l33tg33ek stole that joke from me

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #964 on: October 31, 2013, 10:40:16 PM »
often i'll ponder things i wanted to say to certain people i had conversations with during the day.

mostly it's being an asshole in my mind because the person was saying/doing dumb/pointless shit.

i generally don't vocalize these opinions because how am i gonna tell the dude that sits next to me every class that i don't care about the party he went to/is going to, without being a dick.

The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #965 on: November 01, 2013, 12:05:07 PM »
often i'll ponder things i wanted to say to certain people i had conversations with during the day.

mostly it's being an asshole in my mind because the person was saying/doing dumb/pointless shit.

i generally don't vocalize these opinions because how am i gonna tell the dude that sits next to me every class that i don't care about the party he went to/is going to, without being a dick.

if you fuck him in the ass things should be cool
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

BraveUlysses

« Reply #966 on: November 02, 2013, 03:44:42 AM »
Why are thoughts so abstract/nonsensical when the body is tired?

I just finished having a long conversation with myself involving mythical creatures. It started with me thinking about unicorns and thinking that if all they do is have a horn on their head then they're the least interesting mythical creature, but then I started thinking they had something to do with chasing rainbows or something which led me to think about leprechauns. I started to wonder if leprechauns put their pot of gold at the end of a rainbow or are they after the supposed pot of gold at the end of said rainbow. After that I wondered if people in China believe in dragons.

I usually don't remember these dumb thoughts after I'm fully awake but I'm still a bit sleepy right now so this is still fresh in my mind.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 03:50:36 AM by BraveUlysses »

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #967 on: November 02, 2013, 07:59:15 AM »
I'unno, but I was watching "Two Weeks in Hell" on NetFlix which is about dudes in this brutal application program for the Green Berets in the US Military and these dudes were pushed to the absolute limit of their body. Anyway, through real hard physical activity and lack of sleep, some of the soldiers started to get real weird. One of them couldn't perform these real basic exercises anymore, and one of the instructors asks him, "do you know where you are?" and the poor bastard replies: "hash browns?"

Never realized how significantly physical fatigue can fuck with your head til I saw that.

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #968 on: November 10, 2013, 10:58:55 PM »
Why do a lot of posters reference the simpsons?  ???

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #969 on: November 11, 2013, 04:33:57 AM »
Why do we need two nostrils?

cancelled

• Rep: -26
« Reply #970 on: November 12, 2013, 02:09:58 PM »
why are there never seat belts on buses?  are buses sturdy enough to protect the passengers from any impact?

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #971 on: November 12, 2013, 02:44:26 PM »
Nah, but it's less likely for a bus to stop as suddenly as a car cause of the inertia they have. But, if a bus crashes into a concrete wall head on at high speed, you're in some trouble.

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #972 on: November 12, 2013, 03:09:40 PM »
Why can I choose between 3 different types of cigarette filters? they're all the same.
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

cancelled

• Rep: -26
« Reply #973 on: November 12, 2013, 05:02:40 PM »
But, if a bus crashes into a concrete wall head on at high speed, you're in some trouble.

yeah was thinking that, but kind of being facetious.  one would think they'd have them at least on greyhounds for legal purposes.

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #974 on: November 12, 2013, 05:04:37 PM »
Does Bryan Herman know who Tom Waits is?
damn those yarys bout those squats

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #975 on: November 12, 2013, 05:54:03 PM »

who are them

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #976 on: November 12, 2013, 05:55:43 PM »
no only you do
youre so cool

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #977 on: November 12, 2013, 05:59:50 PM »

Does footage of this exist? I really don't want to skim through 20 years of mike v footage to find out.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #978 on: November 12, 2013, 06:08:03 PM »
I would say alot of the " good " posters on slap pretty much treat the forum as a good way to find out what skaters are doing pretty much as they would do with any sports league . Who is on what team , who is changing teams and what rumors and so on is going on .

There is also the aspect of what tricks have gone down / who is going to be in the next video and what style somebody has . All of this is kinda related to sports / art and so on .

How somebody is dressing is abit borderline . It kinda goes into the style of how the skater skates . It does effect who our favorit skaters are.

Where its gets abit too much TMZ . papparazi , celeb magazine , celeb stalking  is when there are threads about what Pro or Am is fucking who , what they did during the weekend , Who is getting divorced , or a whole fucking thread about what somebodys girlfriend looks like

The whole following people on Instagram and twitter is abit weird too . And maybe abit borderline stalking if you combine it with some off the threads on here

Making gossip threads about a Pros personal life , his girfriend or his divorce , combined with instagram and twitter shit is no better then a 14 year old looking at Myle Cyrus on mtv and in some celebrity magazine gossiping about who she is fucking , how much tounge she is sticking out and where she is twerking

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #979 on: November 12, 2013, 06:27:59 PM »
I would say alot of the " good " posters on slap pretty much treat the forum as a good way to find out what skaters are doing pretty much as they would do with any sports league . Who is on what team , who is changing teams and what rumors and so on is going on .

There is also the aspect of what tricks have gone down / who is going to be in the next video and what style somebody has . All of this is kinda related to sports / art and so on .

How somebody is dressing is abit borderline . It kinda goes into the style of how the skater skates . It does effect who our favorit skaters are.

Where its gets abit too much TMZ . papparazi , celeb magazine , celeb stalking  is when there are threads about what Pro or Am is fucking who , what they did during the weekend , Who is getting divorced , or a whole fucking thread about what somebodys girlfriend looks like

The whole following people on Instagram and twitter is abit weird too . And maybe abit borderline stalking if you combine it with some off the threads on here

Making gossip threads about a Pros personal life , his girfriend or his divorce , combined with instagram and twitter shit is no better then a 14 year old looking at Myle Cyrus on mtv and in some celebrity magazine gossiping about who she is fucking , how much tounge she is sticking out and where she is twerking

shut up faggot youre making me interrupt my buzzfeed viewing to reply to this

Camp Grunge

• Rep: -7
« Reply #980 on: November 12, 2013, 06:48:45 PM »

Does footage of this exist? I really don't want to skim through 20 years of mike v footage to find out.

Yeah i get the Mike V hate but that is fucking gnarly! I hope there is footage of that

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
« Reply #981 on: November 16, 2013, 10:24:30 AM »
What happened to slam sections in videos?
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #982 on: November 16, 2013, 10:50:55 AM »
I'm not sure if they got played out or the "slam then make" edit or "slam/bail/freak out montage" at the start or somewhere in the edit took over as a device.

Decreed Bratton

• Rep: 19
  • it's possible a man slipped in there.
« Reply #983 on: November 16, 2013, 10:59:50 AM »
Why do 60 year old baseball managers wear a uniform?

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #984 on: November 16, 2013, 12:07:53 PM »

I totally get what your saying about the discussions going TMZ and the following on Twitter ect but isn't it this stuff that makes Epically Later'd so interesting? The behind the scenes, personal anguish, addiction, falls from grace, redemption. The Bones Brigade documentary was more about the personal struggles of the team than it was about the ground breaking skating. Lance's feelings of inadequacy and Rodney believing his father that there was no real future in skateboarding, these things were pretty moving. I understand that this is told years after the fact and it is from theirs and the documentary makers perspective and here on Slap it can all be gossip and rumours but I think what some of us are looking for, particularly those who started skating when it really wasn't cool to skate, is some kind of connection to these guys and their personal lives. I guess sometimes it goes too far and gets too personal but if it was strictly about the tricks done it would be too much like watching the hockey scores and talking abouth the draught.

vancanman

• Rep: 9
« Reply #985 on: November 16, 2013, 04:49:40 PM »
Why do we need two nostrils?
Without knowing it your body switches back and forth alternating airflow from one nostril to the other using erectile tissue in your nasal passages every few hours. The reason being each side needs a rest from use to stop your sinuses from drying out and getting inflamed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasal_cycle

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #986 on: November 17, 2013, 01:06:59 PM »
I think "Welcome To Hell" ruined it for everyone else.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
« Reply #987 on: November 17, 2013, 01:15:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I think "Welcome To Hell" ruined it for everyone else.

Ha! Watching that section is what prompted the pondering...
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Just Green Enough

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ...but existing is basically all i do
« Reply #988 on: November 20, 2013, 05:40:56 PM »
in taken, both liam neeson's daughter AND her friend were kidnapped.
did liam just not give a fuck about that little blonde hottie? like, "whatever, she's in human trafficking now."
I am in fact, a homosexual like Brian Anderson

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #989 on: November 20, 2013, 06:01:26 PM »
she had it coming