Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 575095 times)

sweat stains

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #1140 on: February 27, 2014, 02:57:06 PM »
Before cameras were invented, did anyone think it would be possible to capture an image of something? Or electrecity, did someone 100 years before the lightbulb was invented even consider that that could happen? Will there be a new thing in the future that equates to how important these inventions were/are?
damn those yarys bout those squats

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1141 on: February 27, 2014, 02:58:13 PM »
Before cameras were invented, did anyone think it would be possible to capture an image of something?
renaissance painters

Shredsledder

« Reply #1142 on: March 01, 2014, 01:37:53 PM »

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #1143 on: March 04, 2014, 03:48:40 AM »
has a pair of twin sisters unknowingly gotten married to a pair of twin brothers

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1144 on: March 06, 2014, 07:24:00 AM »
is a big spin really that big of a spin?

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #1145 on: March 06, 2014, 07:45:19 AM »
has a pair of twin sisters unknowingly gotten married to a pair of twin brothers
I know twin sisters that married twin brothers but not unknowingly.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #1146 on: March 06, 2014, 07:50:14 AM »
Is it lame to start a little skate zine?
Never lame if you put your heart into it.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #1147 on: March 06, 2014, 08:51:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Rad! you think they've ever 'accidentally' swapped partners for a night?

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #1148 on: March 06, 2014, 09:06:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Rad! you think they've ever 'accidentally' swapped partners for a night?
I'm gonna say no but I'm hoping they have.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #1149 on: March 06, 2014, 09:36:51 AM »
I've been thinking a lot about the book "The Giving Tree" a lot lately. The kid in the book is such an greedy shit. That fucking tree gives him everything and the kid only stops by to kick it when he needs something. He even let the kid, as an old ass man sit on him. Who the fuck wants some crusty ass dude sitting on him? Especially after he take you for everything you got. That kid is going to fucking die, and leave the fucking tree a stump.
wow I think you've missed the point then. The tree wanted nothing more than to give the kid everything it had, and everytime he'd return it gave the tree a sense of purpose. Without the boy, the tree wasn't anything more than just another tree in the woods. and without the tree, the boy wouldn't have had what he needed. Some relationships in life are mutually beneficial on the same levels, but some are a little more complicated than a 1 for 1 exchange. Everybody on earth gives and takes, some people feel love by giving and don't need reciprocation, others feel love by being helped when they need it even when they dont have much to offer the other person.

Your "selfish" interpretation is the one I've heard most from other people, but thats probably because it's the most surface level observation of what was going on in the book.

Anyways, it's interesting at how such large and sometimes indefinable things get tackled by children's books. But then again, if you look at it as the stories you'll have known longer than any others through out your life, it makes sense to have them take on larger and loftier concepts. And sometimes the "simplified" delivery system of a book easy enough to read as a child means that interpretations can vary wildly or get lost in the boiling down.

My folks read it to me as a kid a lot, and I read it on my own even more later on. Eventually I came to realize why it resonated with me so much, I started to recognize that everyone is both the boy & the tree, some more one than the other, but being equalized in the great balance of humanity.
Now I have the cover tattoo'd on my left arm and the last page when the boy is old and sitting on the stump on my right. It reminds me of my folks, and of everything I've taken, and everything I have to give.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:18:36 PM by sweatercuff »
@idealhandmades

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #1150 on: June 09, 2014, 11:32:45 PM »
Thinking about getting a condom and trying to put it on. I just want to know how it feels. I wonder how you tell which way it rolls. Does it matter which way?
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1151 on: June 10, 2014, 06:30:08 AM »
It rolls down.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1152 on: June 10, 2014, 12:52:40 PM »
How the width of a pool table is twice the length.

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 35
« Reply #1153 on: June 10, 2014, 04:11:57 PM »
Why the people who invented flight and other modes of transportation are being praised as geniuses but the inventors of toilet paper and toothpaste are forgotten.

Why people expect others to consider their emotional needs in non-emotional situations

Also some Seinfeld inconsistencies. eg: When George talks about how he could've been different if they would have a mantelpiece at home; while at his childhood home there is clearly a mantelpiece.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1154 on: June 10, 2014, 04:15:48 PM »
Why the people who invented flight and other modes of transportation are being praised as geniuses but the inventors of toilet paper and toothpaste are forgotten.
Gotta get those goods to you some how.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1155 on: June 10, 2014, 06:05:52 PM »
Pondering what grape soda mixed with red wine would/will taste like

shark tits

« Reply #1156 on: June 10, 2014, 06:12:13 PM »
Pondering what grape soda mixed with red wine would/will taste like
prolly not as good as red wine and sprite. knock a few of them back and watch sex in the city, that's all i remember of maine. the only good part anyways. fuckin, i've been pondering if i take a grinding wheel to my granite blocks before i glue them to cinderblocks if they'd be broken in to skate immediately? anyone know about such things?

Leyzee Emcea

• Rep: -8
  • Achilles Tendonion Rings Jr
« Reply #1157 on: June 10, 2014, 06:26:11 PM »
should i reach my credit limit to pre-order Static 4               .. ::)     

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #1158 on: June 11, 2014, 07:15:44 AM »

I think everybody wants to forget how me made huge leaps in dental science

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vipeholm_experiments

shark tits

« Reply #1159 on: June 11, 2014, 07:39:18 AM »
been pondering how that chechnyan kid they say bombed the marathon prolly skated more than most people on slap.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #1160 on: June 11, 2014, 02:46:21 PM »
been pondering how that chechnyan kid they say bombed the marathon prolly skated more than most people on slap.

you dont belive he did it ?

shark tits

« Reply #1161 on: June 11, 2014, 03:03:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i don't know. everything on the news is bullshit so i really have no idea.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #1162 on: June 11, 2014, 03:27:11 PM »
How doing this doesn't kill you

ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #1163 on: June 11, 2014, 03:45:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

what does the news have to do with all the evidence and the whole process law enforcement and judicial system went through to get this guy ?

shark tits

« Reply #1164 on: June 11, 2014, 04:01:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

what does the news have to do with all the evidence and the whole process law enforcement and judicial system went through to get this guy ?

have you seen evidence in real life? shutting down a whole city could be a dry run for martial law? i don't know, i have no proof he's innocent or anything, i just don't believe the news which, i'm guessing is where your information derives from.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #1165 on: June 12, 2014, 07:07:06 AM »
So did that Bam game show make it to a second episode?

Seems safe to say, the boston bomber kid wouldn't have run, and his brother wouldn't be dead, if they hadn't done it.  That and the video footage of them placing backpacks where the explosions happened. 
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #1166 on: June 12, 2014, 01:43:25 PM »

Wait, that guy skated?

shark tits

« Reply #1167 on: June 12, 2014, 01:47:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wait, that guy skated?
reledgedly. i never skated w/ him but i think rolling stone painted him as a 'skateboarding stoner' so take that w/ a grain cause it's not a firsthand account. but i'd like to think he shreds most slappers under the table.

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1168 on: June 12, 2014, 05:39:04 PM »
Since we're on the topic, did a "why" ever come out for the Boston Marathon bombing? To this day I have no idea why they did it. I'm aware of the Chechen terrorist connection, but why that event? What did the people there have to do with Chechnya at all? I understand the reason the WTC was targeted on 9/11, I can see the symbology in that move, however malicious and shitty the people were that did it, I can connect the dots of reasoning there. But the marathon, I just don't get. Was it really as simple as some delusional loser who wanted to act out? The target carries no political/spiritual weight, it's innocent people out to support other peoples' gusto for living, what the fuck? That shit kept me up at night for a while. Are these people just born evil?

shark tits

« Reply #1169 on: June 12, 2014, 05:43:00 PM »
Since we're on the topic, did a "why" ever come out for the Boston Marathon bombing? To this day I have no idea why they did it. I'm aware of the Chechen terrorist connection, but why that event? What did the people there have to do with Chechnya at all? I understand the reason the WTC was targeted on 9/11, I can see the symbology in that move, however malicious and shitty the people were that did it, I can connect the dots of reasoning there. But the marathon, I just don't get. Was it really as simple as some delusional loser who wanted to act out? The target carries no political/spiritual weight, it's innocent people out to support other peoples' gusto for living, what the fuck? That shit kept me up at night for a while. Are these people just born evil?
i have no idea and i'm skeptical of any sources about it but no, people aren't 'born evil'. chechnyan terrorists are against russia so i don't see a connection to anti american antipathy. whole thing doesn't make a lot of sense and conveniently the kid got shot in the mouth [supposedly] and can never speak again...? i don't know, whole thing seems fishy. like all the time you see those high speed chases and the guy gets caught w/out shutting down a city. if it is true dude was on some video game shit, shoot this man, steal this car, get in a shootout w/ a few cops but not enough to die/get captured.  i question it is all. just like i question how many slappers legit skate w/ any frequency.