Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 574524 times)

Monty Burns

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #1170 on: June 12, 2014, 06:29:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Since we're on the topic, did a "why" ever come out for the Boston Marathon bombing? To this day I have no idea why they did it. I'm aware of the Chechen terrorist connection, but why that event? What did the people there have to do with Chechnya at all? I understand the reason the WTC was targeted on 9/11, I can see the symbology in that move, however malicious and shitty the people were that did it, I can connect the dots of reasoning there. But the marathon, I just don't get. Was it really as simple as some delusional loser who wanted to act out? The target carries no political/spiritual weight, it's innocent people out to support other peoples' gusto for living, what the fuck? That shit kept me up at night for a while. Are these people just born evil?
[close]
i have no idea and i'm skeptical of any sources about it but no, people aren't 'born evil'. chechnyan terrorists are against russia so i don't see a connection to anti american antipathy. whole thing doesn't make a lot of sense and conveniently the kid got shot in the mouth [supposedly] and can never speak again...? i don't know, whole thing seems fishy. like all the time you see those high speed chases and the guy gets caught w/out shutting down a city. if it is true dude was on some video game shit, shoot this man, steal this car, get in a shootout w/ a few cops but not enough to die/get captured.  i question it is all. just like i question how many slappers legit skate w/ any frequency.

If only there was some way for him to put down words on some kind of magic surface that could retain ink or graphite . or some magical way he could communicate yes or no by moving his head in different directions . Or some kind of ... jokes over by now ,  cellphones , laptops , PCs , sign language . If stephen hawking can communicate with just his eye movement and a computer Im sure this guy could answer afew questions

And if you dont want a guy to talk , you dont shoot the guy in the mouth , you just kill him . I dont see the benifits to terminate one of the people you are setting up with the crime and then shoot the other guy in the mouth to silence the truth of the set up .

As to why . Well I guess its the same reasons as palestininan suicide bombers do it , they are fed up with it and they are so angry they just want it to be over and dont mind if they take down "the enemy " with them , combined with bellife that this is what their god want or that its good for the state / for islam

I dont see a connection with russia and the boston marathon but maybe they just wanted to hurt people / the country / USA politics or something like that . Makes no sense to me either .

Does it matter if people skate at all on slap ? maybe they skated when they were younger ? maybe they skated then got hurt , maybe they are 30 + years old and dont have enough time to skate anymore . Isnt it enough that they are interested / knowledgeable in the subjects we are talking about and interested in

Do you really need to feel superior to the 30 year old guy who skated his whole life but now has 2 kids , a wife and a job and skates less then you ?  or the guy pulling 300+ hours of work a month and is so tired on his days off he cant skate ?

From reading your posts about the boston bombing it seems your issue is more with them shutting down parts of the city then anything ells . You believe its a conspiracy ,  a test of the government to see what they can get away with .

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #1171 on: June 12, 2014, 06:46:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
been pondering how that chechnyan kid they say bombed the marathon prolly skated more than most people on slap.
[close]

Wait, that guy skated?
[close]
reledgedly. i never skated w/ him but i think rolling stone painted him as a 'skateboarding stoner' so take that w/ a grain cause it's not a firsthand account. but i'd like to think he shreds most slappers under the table.

You dont believe the news, but you believe rolling stone lol rolling stone says whatever they want

Shredsledder

« Reply #1172 on: June 12, 2014, 06:48:57 PM »
I remember seeing a new york post headline concerning the alleged bomber that read "Ji-hottie" (like Jihadi) so I guess people thought his actions were religiously motivated, and that he's attractive

I am wondering if my weed habit is a problem. leaning towards yes.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 07:36:48 PM by Shredsledder »

shark tits

« Reply #1173 on: June 12, 2014, 07:19:33 PM »
to monty, i don't feel superior, i just think people are out of place. i played little league but i'd be remiss if i were still watching the games. sure, dude could still write but how's it gonna get out? i think he's being held incommunicado like gitmo status. i really haven't been following it. just making observations, i'm not obsessed w/ it.
to cronkite, i said 'take [rolling stone] w/a grain cause it's a secondhand account'. i don't trust any media whole heartedly. just stirring the pot a bit. different thoughts, etc. it's stuff i pondered today not 'shark tits thinks he's reagan and gonna get all didactic on everyone's asses.'

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #1174 on: June 12, 2014, 08:29:26 PM »
to monty, i don't feel superior, i just think people are out of place. i played little league but i'd be remiss if i were still watching the games. sure, dude could still write but how's it gonna get out? i think he's being held incommunicado like gitmo status. i really haven't been following it. just making observations, i'm not obsessed w/ it.
to cronkite, i said 'take [rolling stone] w/a grain cause it's a secondhand account'. i don't trust any media whole heartedly. just stirring the pot a bit. different thoughts, etc. it's stuff i pondered today not 'shark tits thinks he's reagan and gonna get all didactic on everyone's asses.'

I'm pretty sure he was a longboarder though. 

I was trying to get from Allston over to BU for a party that day, scary shit when they just shut everything down and blocked all the cellphone signals.  I have to say, I agree with ya Sharktits, I don't think the kid did it.  His older brother doing it and kind of dragging him along is a bit more believable. 
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 698
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #1175 on: June 13, 2014, 01:47:05 PM »
I wonder what's been going on with my rep. Who did I piss off and what do they hope to accomplish by taking away my internet points? I'm gonna die.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

dillanharp

« Reply #1176 on: June 13, 2014, 01:51:47 PM »
I wonder what's been going on with my rep. Who did I piss off and what do they hope to accomplish by taking away my internet points? I'm gonna die.

That shit doesn't matter. 

BraveUlysses

« Reply #1177 on: June 13, 2014, 11:09:46 PM »
It's 2 am and I can't stop thinking about how much of a different vibe Heath footy would have if he had a posse in the background. I just keep replaying clips of his in my head but imagining he's got a skate crew in the background instead. I don't know, this is dumb.

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -16
« Reply #1178 on: June 14, 2014, 01:02:01 AM »

I've been wondering what was happening to your rep too... could have sworn you were on like 210 just a month ago
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #1179 on: June 14, 2014, 12:23:39 PM »
all my revenge accounts reached 1000 posts at around the same time

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1180 on: June 14, 2014, 06:06:14 PM »
^Fucking knew it!

BraveUlysses

« Reply #1181 on: June 22, 2014, 02:51:12 AM »
Does Gonz get tired of being quirky ALL the time or ever feel the pressure to be that way at certain times?

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1182 on: June 22, 2014, 05:55:02 AM »
hes been that way since 1987, i think that's just who he is dude
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #1183 on: June 26, 2014, 11:30:59 PM »
if my dad got shorter or if i got taller

shark tits

« Reply #1184 on: July 01, 2014, 05:54:27 AM »
people clown watching nascar but watching vert is about as bad.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #1185 on: July 07, 2014, 09:43:38 PM »
Who will be buying this giant blanket?  I imagine anyone who covers themselves with it, will have any clothing they are wearing simply dissolve.

and drugs.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1186 on: July 20, 2014, 08:06:55 PM »
I've been thinking about easy careers. You guys think I could be a model if I got my weight under control? I know staying in shape is a job in and of itself but that's got to get easier over time as it becomes a lifestyle. Should I already be working on my blue steel?

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 968
  • the moon rules
« Reply #1187 on: July 20, 2014, 08:35:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
been pondering how that chechnyan kid they say bombed the marathon prolly skated more than most people on slap.
[close]

Wait, that guy skated?
[close]
reledgedly. i never skated w/ him but i think rolling stone painted him as a 'skateboarding stoner' so take that w/ a grain cause it's not a firsthand account. but i'd like to think he shreds most slappers under the table.
so i'm over a month late here, but i'll throw this out there. the younger bomber was at my buddy thompson's house the day before the bombing. he would go over there from time to time to smoke weed with thompson's roommates. he had a longboard. he didn't actually skate. if you've been around boston long enough you'll run into gus at either eggs or copley. gus went to high school with the bomber, and claims he beat him up in high school. he didn't have a longboard then. just a case of "i go to umass, so i'll get a longboard to fit in"

i'm still debating getting that creature blanket by the way. that thing is fucking sick

for the past few days i've been strongly considering getting a credit card. i have enough money to hold me over until i start working again, plus some to get a new apartment. i potentially have a job coming up next month that requires me to literally sit on my ass in front of a computer all day. in my hypothetical series of events i' m weighing my options of whether or not to lease a car from a dealership, pay in cash for a used car off of craigslist, and what type of car to get. i could get a newer model that's good on gas and look like i have my shit together, or i could get a truck/subaru and take it on skate trips. if i got the truck/subaru i'd put a mattress in the back and use it for when i have no place to crash when i go on trips to places like sf, or nevada, or wherever. only downside is that it wont be as good on fas
with my adult math i averaged out how much money i'd need to make as a minimum to live comfortably and work as little as possible. now i'm wondering the feasibility of it all. obviously i'd work as much as i possibly could if the oppurtunity presented itself, but figuring out the bare minimum amount of days is giving me a good understanding of things
fuck you bama

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 58
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #1188 on: July 21, 2014, 03:03:41 PM »
A skateboarder owned underwear company titled "Skid Marks".

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #1189 on: July 22, 2014, 02:37:40 AM »
A skateboarder owned underwear company titled "Skid Marks".

there is a skater owned underwear company here in scotland called 'Bawbags' 

(bawbag is a scottish slang word for ballbag/scrotum)

check em out...   bawbags.com

Mr. Lono

• Rep: 22
  • Fl NC CO
« Reply #1190 on: July 26, 2014, 01:32:39 AM »
Why haven't Sean Price(Ruck) and Tame One ever done a song together? Also, where the fuck is Tame One?
Charlie don't skate

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1191 on: July 27, 2014, 12:23:46 AM »
Why haven't Sean Price(Ruck) and Tame One ever done a song together? Also, where the fuck is Tame One?
They have! it's called "Haha da rah rah". came out back when Sean Dropped D.R.E.A.M. with DJ Honda. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31SQlmSkHpk

Mr. Lono

• Rep: 22
  • Fl NC CO
« Reply #1192 on: July 27, 2014, 06:46:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
They have! it's called "Haha da rah rah". came out back when Sean Dropped D.R.E.A.M. with DJ Honda. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31SQlmSkHpk

Shit i forgot about that one. Gracias
Ill Bill and Price are making an album soon. Should be interesting
Charlie don't skate

nice_guy_2

« Reply #1193 on: July 27, 2014, 07:52:45 PM »
I've been thinking about easy careers. You guys think I could be a model if I got my weight under control? I know staying in shape is a job in and of itself but that's got to get easier over time as it becomes a lifestyle. Should I already be working on my blue steel?

yes

BraveUlysses

« Reply #1194 on: July 27, 2014, 08:13:33 PM »
How do I go about getting pussy when all I do these days is work and skate?

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1195 on: July 27, 2014, 10:14:40 PM »
How do I go about getting pussy when all I do these days is work and skate?

People make time for what they really want to be doing. 

BraveUlysses

« Reply #1196 on: July 27, 2014, 10:31:42 PM »
Makes sense. I could skate slightly less and make time to do non skate related things that would possibly lead to meeting girls. I think I use skating and work as an excuse for why I'm not getting any pussy while also making no effort of putting myself out there.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1197 on: August 06, 2014, 10:10:37 PM »
If a shark/bear/lion ate me right after I got stoned, would they get stoned ???

shark tits

« Reply #1198 on: August 06, 2014, 11:09:22 PM »
is bestiality really animal abuse? i mean, sticking your dick in a cat or something, sure that's gonna suck. but 'mr hand' and the folks who would go to his stable and get horse fucked, i'm sure the horse was into it. otherwise he wouldn't get hard and rupture colons, right?
downtown worcester has a statue of a boy fucking a turtle so me and my buddy had a conversation sparked by that this morning.
i think it should be legal to receive animal love but illegal to penetrate an animal.
if a dog mounts you and massages your prostate, that's ok, right? gipper says whatever gets you off if it's consenual.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #1199 on: August 07, 2014, 09:07:08 AM »
is bestiality really animal abuse? i mean, sticking your dick in a cat or something, sure that's gonna suck. but 'mr hand' and the folks who would go to his stable and get horse fucked, i'm sure the horse was into it. otherwise he wouldn't get hard and rupture colons, right?
downtown worcester has a statue of a boy fucking a turtle so me and my buddy had a conversation sparked by that this morning.
i think it should be legal to receive animal love but illegal to penetrate an animal.
if a dog mounts you and massages your prostate, that's ok, right? gipper says whatever gets you off if it's consenual.

I don't think the turtle consented.

Looks like you could skate the base though.