Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 574980 times)

EXTRA SPICY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #2010 on: June 19, 2017, 08:52:21 AM »
If Frog and Illegal Civilization are two different companies or they are both the same.

I really cannot tell a difference between the two other than Frog seems extra mayonnaise flavored and probably has a social anxiety disorder.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #2011 on: June 19, 2017, 09:08:12 AM »
frog is like off brand miracle whip. its that bad.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #2012 on: June 19, 2017, 02:00:21 PM »
Frog's art direction looks like if you asked an 8 year old to draw a graphic on ms paint.

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #2013 on: June 19, 2017, 08:33:56 PM »
I sometimes lay in my bed staring at the ceiling wondering what 3D Skateboards could've been
(Cool Trick GIF)

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #2014 on: June 30, 2017, 11:16:33 PM »
Skating a manny pad front of public library by myself late in the evening, catching my after office hours exercise.
Another skater shows up, skates right past me, straight up avoiding eye contact nor saying hi. Ok cool, maybe he is shy and I'm not the type who'll yell "Hi!!!" in someones face.
We skate the spot for a while, I see the guy is at the beginning of his journey - practicing ollies and frontside 180's, no flip tricks, although a try for a varial flip. I see he has a good push and proper ollie technique, so his future should be bright if he keeps on skating.
I sit down to catch some breath, dude rolls up offering to play a game of skate. I automatically decline because of obvious skill gap and I was feeling I would like to skunk him.

Am I being an asshole here?

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #2015 on: July 01, 2017, 01:52:52 AM »
Skating a manny pad front of public library by myself late in the evening, catching my after office hours exercise.
Another skater shows up, skates right past me, straight up avoiding eye contact nor saying hi. Ok cool, maybe he is shy and I'm not the type who'll yell "Hi!!!" in someones face.
We skate the spot for a while, I see the guy is at the beginning of his journey - practicing ollies and frontside 180's, no flip tricks, although a try for a varial flip. I see he has a good push and proper ollie technique, so his future should be bright if he keeps on skating.
I sit down to catch some breath, dude rolls up offering to play a game of skate. I automatically decline because of obvious skill gap and I was feeling I would like to skunk him.

that kid was the asshole. he was playing you like a scene out of white men can't jump. he was going to do some whacky shane o'neill shit once the game started. he was teasing you with his smooth pushing, and ollies...you bought it, but it still backfired. he wanted to make you look like an old washed up bitch...brag to all his friends about beating an old guy. you spoiled his plan to boost his little sk8r punk ego

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2016 on: July 01, 2017, 05:39:48 AM »

Definetly not man, a lot of dudes would have snaked/beamed him until he just left, which may account for his apprehension to say whats up at first, it's cool you didnt want to skunk the guy, but maybe he knew he would get smoked and just wanted to get some practice at trying new tricks and seeing how they are done

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2017 on: July 01, 2017, 07:42:07 AM »
I play kids in skate if they ask regardless of skill gaps, but I usually do tricks I know they can do or easy things that I think they might be able to learn. If the kid gets close, I encourage him to keep trying it until he gets it. I taught one kid how to fakie shuv it that way.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #2018 on: July 01, 2017, 10:39:19 AM »

Who the fuck ignores someone at the spot for an entire session, then the first time they talk to you asks to play skate? That's weird.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #2019 on: July 01, 2017, 12:58:46 PM »
You should have just destroyed him and focused his board.
you never know about pre-cum 

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #2020 on: July 02, 2017, 10:50:51 AM »
I finished my exams and realised I need to get out of my town for summer. Might work au-pair for some weeks. Any of you (Europe) tried Workaway or something? Any insights?
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2021 on: July 04, 2017, 06:41:35 PM »
he was playing you like a scene out of white men can't jump.
did LOL at my desk :D

Jason Jesse has a daughter ... contemplate that for a second

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #2022 on: July 13, 2017, 06:02:56 AM »
They say gift cards are a really bad gift idea for your girlfriend/wife.. But what about a gift card for a salon and spa?  That's more like giving them a positive experience rather than money to spend at a store, right?  Any pals in long term relationships have advice on this one?

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2023 on: July 13, 2017, 06:23:13 AM »
They say gift cards are a really bad gift idea for your girlfriend/wife.. But what about a gift card for a salon and spa?  That's more like giving them a positive experience rather than money to spend at a store, right?  Any pals in long term relationships have advice on this one?

the only reason they say gift cards are a bad idea is because they take zero thought or effort, and women want to know that you put at least some thought behind the gifts you give them. that being said, a gift card for amazon or olive garden is a bad idea because its super boring, but i think a spa gift card is perfectly fine if shes into that kind of stuff. i get my fiancee cards from boutiques that she likes, or for make up stores and she likes it just fine. ive tried getting her clothes and accessories and things like that and its usually a 50/50 chance that she likes what i pick out. we both know that and know that gift cards are sometimes the best option. she knows that i like picking out my own things too.

if you can whip up a nice card, maybe some flowers (trader joes has the best flowers for cheap) and maybe a nice bottle of wine (trader joes again), you're golden. just make it look like you tried and not like you only stopped at target the day before.

today is actually my 5 year anniversary of us dating, but were getting married in 3 weeks so we didn't really do gifts. ive already got the card and am hitting TJ's on the way home. we decided that were going to do dinner to celebrate on saturday when we have less shit going on, so that should be fun.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #2024 on: July 13, 2017, 11:43:36 PM »
Daniel's "Return of the Flare" version of all of the Emerica B-Sides would be fucking amazing.

G-Sides?

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #2025 on: July 14, 2017, 06:25:18 AM »
How many pictures/images of themselves will the average person born in 2010 have by the time they are finished with college age (22)? 

I grew up in the age of film cameras, so obviously someone had to pay to get one set of the pics developed and sharing was much more difficult (doubles, etc.).  Digital camera came along when I was in college, but only girls usually carried them to parties and stuff b/c of the purse thing.  Sharing on social media still wasn't a thing.   

Now everyone has a camera on them at all times and sharing is instant.  I have dudes I was good friends with for years and have no pics of.  Also girls I dated for 6mos + with no photos.  Now if you randomly meet someone one drunken night out you likely have multiple pics. 

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2026 on: July 14, 2017, 08:06:11 AM »
How many pictures/images of themselves will the average person born in 2010 have by the time they are finished with college age (22)? 

I grew up in the age of film cameras, so obviously someone had to pay to get one set of the pics developed and sharing was much more difficult (doubles, etc.).  Digital camera came along when I was in college, but only girls usually carried them to parties and stuff b/c of the purse thing.  Sharing on social media still wasn't a thing.   

Now everyone has a camera on them at all times and sharing is instant.  I have dudes I was good friends with for years and have no pics of.  Also girls I dated for 6mos + with no photos.  Now if you randomly meet someone one drunken night out you likely have multiple pics. 

post pics of said drunken chicks or gtfo
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #2027 on: July 14, 2017, 11:03:05 AM »
Do you think Someone would buy a pair of signed quasi addition gilbert crocketts ?

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #2028 on: July 14, 2017, 11:07:16 AM »
Do you think Someone would buy a pair of signed quasi addition gilbert crocketts ?

Like buy in general or pay a premium b/c they're signed?  In general people will buy them, depending on size.  I have no idea what a Gilbert signature is worth or adds to the value. 

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #2029 on: July 14, 2017, 06:02:18 PM »
How do people enjoy having sex in a pitch black room?

Just randomly thinking about during my teens me and this girl were fuck buddies and every time we went to her room she would not let any light be on. I couldn't tell if my eyes were closed or not, thats how dark it was. Now that im thinking of it my ex (if i can even call her that, we dated for like a month) wanted me to turn off all the lights too when we had sex. I mean these girls were slightly overweight or just better yet thicc so maybe they were self-conscious about their weight?

Can any of you have fun having sex when its pitch black?

I'm a visual learner, thats why i could never jerk off in the shower growing up

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2030 on: July 14, 2017, 06:42:17 PM »

Just randomly thinking about during my teens me and this girl were fuck buddies and every time we went to her room she would not let any light be on. I couldn't tell if my eyes were closed or not, thats how dark it was. Now that im thinking of it my ex (if i can even call her that, we dated for like a month) wanted me to turn off all the lights too when we had sex. I mean these girls were slightly overweight or just better yet thicc so maybe they were self-conscious about their weight?

of course you can have fun in the dark. people fuck their own hands on a daily basis. after the second girl did this did you ever even think for a second maybe it's you not them? dammit tobey you're so damn sexist! (yes i'm joking)

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #2031 on: July 14, 2017, 06:52:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
of course you can have fun in the dark. people fuck their own hands on a daily basis. after the second girl did this did you ever even think for a second maybe it's you not them? dammit tobey you're so damn sexist! (yes i'm joking)

I was lanky for the first girl, second girl i was a fat fuck so maybe. When you are using your hand though you usually have some type of material that gets you off. I never had fun with the first girl, i could have been fucking her stomach and wouldn't know the difference then. I convinced my ex to at least leave the bathroom light on so i could see some parts.

Pigeon

« Reply #2032 on: July 14, 2017, 07:39:27 PM »
People actually like Bronsons?

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #2033 on: July 16, 2017, 12:18:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I was lanky for the first girl, second girl i was a fat fuck so maybe. When you are using your hand though you usually have some type of material that gets you off. I never had fun with the first girl, i could have been fucking her stomach and wouldn't know the difference then. I convinced my ex to at least leave the bathroom light on so i could see some parts.

Sex is always an intense experience, even when it isn't emotionally intimate or physically appealing. There is a lot to the senses even if you can't see. "Bumping uglies" might not be the best euphemism for the mattress olympics, but it's good insight. Some people are grossed out by all of the flesh, theirs and otherwise. I don't like to have sex in the dark, as I really like to see what (OR WHO kkkkkkkkk!) I'm doing, but it's something I can work around.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2035 on: July 16, 2017, 07:47:03 PM »
^ looks like a cuck shirt

Yu Dum

« Reply #2036 on: July 18, 2017, 09:09:12 AM »
Has there ever been a prominent female skate photographer?

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #2037 on: July 18, 2017, 11:21:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Like buy in general or pay a premium b/c they're signed?  In general people will buy them, depending on size.  I have no idea what a Gilbert signature is worth or adds to the value. 

more like if the price would increase with the sig

wheelies

« Reply #2038 on: July 18, 2017, 11:22:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Like buy in general or pay a premium b/c they're signed??  In general people will buy them, depending on size.?  I have no idea what a Gilbert signature is worth or adds to the value.? 
[close]

probably not man

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2039 on: July 18, 2017, 11:30:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Like buy in general or pay a premium b/c they're signed??  In general people will buy them, depending on size.?  I have no idea what a Gilbert signature is worth or adds to the value.? 
[close]

[close]
probably not man

only two people whos signature would add significant value to their model would probably be michael jordan and kanye.