Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 575248 times)

dirtyweemidden

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #2280 on: November 24, 2017, 04:14:14 AM »
why is the wife/ mother-in-law relationship always (or at least in most cases) doomed from the get-go?
anyone else got any horror stories?

perhaps most horrifying of all, my wife and my mother became freinds!
sounds good at first but nah.. means seeing my mother wayyy more often than
 is required.

Pigeon

« Reply #2281 on: November 24, 2017, 09:31:17 AM »
Has anyone been offered a shoe, that ended up getting completely scrapped because the design/design process was too shitty?

shitcunt

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2282 on: November 24, 2017, 02:55:09 PM »
Instead of going an hour out of my way for more mini dv tapes before skating, just black out an old one. Followed up with, when will I go hd?
What's going to happen first, are all the VX's going to break or are we going to run out of tapes? Building on that how hard can it really be to emulate vx colors/crop to 4:3 on an HD camcorder.

shitcunt

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2283 on: November 24, 2017, 02:56:05 PM »
I've been thinking about the future of Crailtap lately. Will they ever make a resurgence and become popular again or is the end inevitable? I feel that a lot of skaters are complaining about Girl/Chocolate dying off but I never see anyone with a Girl board. With a new Mike Carroll part on the way and the addition of Tony Hawk on Lakai, are they moving forward or delaying the end?
I'd buy chocolates if they didn't have that booty wood.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2284 on: November 24, 2017, 09:41:52 PM »
yo, that is not how you use pondering
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2285 on: November 25, 2017, 06:31:37 AM »
yo, that is not how you use pondering
gotcha
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

shark tits

« Reply #2286 on: November 27, 2017, 07:53:57 AM »
i've got maple trees seeding themselves in my backyard. god bless trees and our symbiotic breath exchange but fuck these assholes for blocking my garden's sunlight. i watched a mycologist on joe rogan say bears scraped bark of trees and left mycelium [mushroom] spores that grew and killed the trees.
the lumber companies genocided the bears behind that but i'm inspired.
i wanna plant mushrooms in my live trees to A/ slowly kill the tree and B/ make more mushrooms while the trees are still blocking sunlight.
is that so crazy it just might work?

ImportantGuy

« Reply #2287 on: November 27, 2017, 03:17:50 PM »
^Could you just trim the branches?

On an unrelated note : do cats meditate?

shark tits

« Reply #2288 on: November 27, 2017, 03:34:22 PM »
^Could you just trim the branches?

On an unrelated note : do cats meditate?
they're pretty tall but i spose it's possible but that's not as cool as creating mushrooms to do your landscaping, now is it? i'm experimenting w/ my yard. city folk are always surprised to see things grow but everything is fighting to exist. you have to put the kibosh on nature or it'll walk all over you.

ImportantGuy

« Reply #2289 on: November 27, 2017, 03:59:34 PM »

they're pretty tall but i spose it's possible but that's not as cool as creating mushrooms to do your landscaping, now is it? i'm experimenting w/ my yard. city folk are always surprised to see things grow but everything is fighting to exist. you have to put the kibosh on nature or it'll walk all over you.

It'd be interesting to know what kind of timeframes you're looking at for mushrooms to kill fully grown trees. Please keep us up to date on this experiment. And yeah, the mushroom plan is most definitely a lot cooler than trimming branches.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2290 on: November 28, 2017, 10:19:45 PM »
  I pondered making skate decks out of veneer.  I thought, "Ill just do the nose and tail kick and leave it flat."  Cause it would be near impossible to home make a concave deck that went straight.  But making a flat mold with a kick would be a breeze. 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #2291 on: November 28, 2017, 10:25:00 PM »
when they would do those scooby doo x harlem globetrotters collabs would they use the actual harlem globetrotters for the voices or just some black guys

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #2292 on: November 28, 2017, 11:02:38 PM »
how should i go about skating the bigger bowl without eating shit flying to the flatbottom, should i wear kneepads? should i just man up and try to hit it? should i practice for a few more days? i dont know so far i got a drop it and a rock to fakie, but i havent got a 50-50 on it nor have i rolled in, im mainly concerned with rolling in.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2293 on: November 28, 2017, 11:36:30 PM »
Expand Quote
why is the wife/ mother-in-law relationship always (or at least in most cases) doomed from the get-go?
anyone else got any horror stories?
[close]

perhaps most horrifying of all, my wife and my mother became freinds!
sounds good at first but nah.. means seeing my mother wayyy more often than
 is required.
guess the grass is always greener huh? I think I'd prefer your setup honestly

I'm also pondering whether to go back to skating popsicles or sticking with shaped boards. I'm old so how tech am I really going to be able to get?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 11:41:27 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #2294 on: November 29, 2017, 08:05:02 AM »
how should i go about skating the bigger bowl without eating shit flying to the flatbottom, should i wear kneepads? should i just man up and try to hit it? should i practice for a few more days? i dont know so far i got a drop it and a rock to fakie, but i havent got a 50-50 on it nor have i rolled in, im mainly concerned with rolling in.

How big is the bowl? Like anything else, you're gonna have to work your way up over time.

No one hits a 15 rail right off the bat.

7 year old

« Reply #2295 on: November 29, 2017, 09:01:22 AM »
When you shake hands with a woman is it still fair game to try to crush her hand like buff assholes do?

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • personal text
« Reply #2296 on: November 29, 2017, 09:21:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How big is the bowl? Like anything else, you're gonna have to work your way up over time.

i went to try it, i havent been that scared trying to skate something in a looooong time, full pads on still bitched out. i think i still have hesitation from being 10 and flying to the flat bottom off the top of ramps at ripon too many times (long story there) and im still shook. this is what it looks like though, i mean its not that bad but its the coping+ not seeing it until im right there that fucks with me, this is gonna be a slow process.

and theres a more shallow "bowl" right next to it, i can go full speed ahead into that one but its not that curved.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #2297 on: November 29, 2017, 09:31:17 AM »
when they would do those scooby doo x harlem globetrotters collabs would they use the actual harlem globetrotters for the voices or just some black guys

Both

When you shake hands with a woman is it still fair game to try to crush her hand like buff assholes do?

Yeah if they enter the octagon that's on them

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2298 on: November 29, 2017, 01:38:10 PM »
why haven't i ever been summoned for jury duty

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2299 on: November 30, 2017, 03:22:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
i went to try it, i havent been that scared trying to skate something in a looooong time, full pads on still bitched out. i think i still have hesitation from being 10 and flying to the flat bottom off the top of ramps at ripon too many times (long story there) and im still shook. this is what it looks like though, i mean its not that bad but its the coping+ not seeing it until im right there that fucks with me, this is gonna be a slow process.

and theres a more shallow "bowl" right next to it, i can go full speed ahead into that one but its not that curved.
There isn't enough there to call it coping, and that isn't a real bowl.

Also, you're trolling.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • personal text
« Reply #2300 on: November 30, 2017, 04:38:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
There isn't enough there to call it coping, and that isn't a real bowl.

Also, you're trolling.
the rest of the thing has a corner and another wall so i just went with bowl, and the pic is of the line i was gonna take and that was the part of it with the mellowest coping sticking out,, also if your refeering to me im not trolling my thought process really is just this stupid.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #2301 on: November 30, 2017, 01:09:11 PM »
Do you think some of the Baker or Deathwish riders secretly hate doing the double high five every time, but feel obligated? Or do some of them get anxiety when they greet a non Baker skater and wonder if the person that's about to give them a handshake is going to go for the double high five or just a normal pound?

Irvine-Sucks.com

Pigeon

« Reply #2302 on: November 30, 2017, 03:06:05 PM »
why haven't i ever been summoned for jury duty
]
Keep voting.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #2303 on: December 01, 2017, 10:21:48 AM »
I remember growing up in my neighborhood around the age of 10 learning how to skate with my first board.

There was an older kid, probably 16-17 years old who would always pass by my house with this flatbar. I had no one to skate with, so one day I followed him down to the corner. He set up the rail off the curb so it had this slant to it. I thought he was so rad, so I just skated near him trying my own "tricks" and din't say one word to him.

Looking back, it was probably kinda funny for him. Everytime he would skate his flatbar, this little kid would come down to the corner and basically session with him without saying a word. I always looked up to him and eventually started to talk to him. He was super nice, and showed me how to ollie and whatnot. He also really influenced me alot with chain wallets and baggy jeans. Eventually he stopped going to the corner, but I continued to skate there when I got my first flatbar.

I wonder where he is today and if he still skates...

Major shout out to that dude for being cool to a presumably annoying little kid.

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2304 on: December 05, 2017, 04:15:20 PM »
is big L the best

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #2305 on: December 07, 2017, 05:46:44 AM »
is big L the best

If rap was a game he'd be MVP.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #2306 on: December 07, 2017, 06:28:22 PM »
When is Steven Fernandez going to get a verdict/sentence?

It's been just about two years now, I'm pretty curious how it's going to play out.

Dude must be eating so much Xanax daily, just waiting for the gavel to drop.

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #2307 on: December 08, 2017, 11:07:31 AM »
i was wondering what's been going on with corey kennedy lately

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #2308 on: December 09, 2017, 01:11:41 PM »
Most recent article I read, said he wasn't being charged for it?
Probably laying low, maybe in a good rehab, hopefully.

I wish things would have worked out for Marquis Preston, in the skateboarding world.

Pigeon

« Reply #2309 on: December 10, 2017, 06:27:23 AM »
What legal advise does someone take when being stalked/harassed? I think this person also has my SS# somehow, possibly through an old W-2 or through hacking. There have been hard inquiries into my credit, as of recent, but it's been over a year since I applied for a credit card...kind of glad I don't have a good enough FICO score for huge loans. I haven't given my SS# to anyone or applied for jobs in the recent past. The timing for both of these have a suspicious overlap, leading me to believe that it's the same person.