Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 574879 times)

behavioralguide

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #2520 on: March 27, 2018, 03:15:09 AM »
wondering if i actually wants kids later, taking overpopulation in consideration, or if i help the future more by adding 1 well thinking human being to this planet, assuming he/she will be

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2521 on: March 28, 2018, 09:02:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Are most of the people really stupid? Or is my view of the world, humans, life, etc. just abnormal? I feel like most of the time people say stupid shit and I can't relate to them. I know my views aren't the best or that I'm always right but still this makes me baffled..

Also does saying this out loud make me stupid??
[close]
  The only abnormality is the inability to love.  You're view of the world is just unique, not abnormal. I don't know if this helps but a saying I heard was, "never compare you're insides to other peoples outsides"
[close]

"In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey"
Throwing the word "unique" around makes my blood boil.. No body is unique in this world where it's just a marketing scheme to sell us images and personal branding.. I wouldn't say "never compare your insides to other peoples outsides" But knowing something about what/why they do something might help you understand the world better.. And what is love anyways? affection? beauty? understanding? Can't something abnormal be lovable  too?
Can something abnormal be lovable?, -I'd say.  The word unique is as valid as any other word.  Don't trip on the general public's over use or marketing  when your talking to me cause I'm not worried about that shit, -i'm keeping it real dude.  (edit anybody's perspective will be unique, no one will have the same vantage point with all the same factors in identical sequence.)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 09:13:19 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #2522 on: March 28, 2018, 09:12:21 PM »
would I break both my legs on eltoro?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2523 on: March 28, 2018, 09:15:50 PM »
would I break both my legs on eltoro?
  You'll still want to skate in your 40s man.  -Don't jump off anything bigger than 4 stairs.  Thats my advise.

7 year old

« Reply #2524 on: March 29, 2018, 01:03:16 PM »
Are most of the people really stupid? Or is my view of the world, humans, life, etc. just abnormal? I feel like most of the time people say stupid shit and I can't relate to them. I know my views aren't the best or that I'm always right but still this makes me baffled..

divide yourself from everyone else and you will ruin your life

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2525 on: March 30, 2018, 12:46:50 AM »
Forrest Edwards clothing brand.  Have his face with a cig as the logo.  Have it minimalistic- just a few items, grey or black. 

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2526 on: March 30, 2018, 06:44:50 AM »
Am I having a midlife crisis?

what exactly is a midlife crisis? I always thought a sign was when someone suddenly takes up surfing or riding a harley when they had never really done it before, as if something were missing from their life. or is it feeling old and thinking about death? or is it trying to be young again somehow by acting out? it seems like some people say anything middle-aged people do, particularly men, is a midlife crisis activity. are we supposed to only wear sports jackets with elbow pads and read books while drinking scotch? it’s sort of a form of behavioral control though there are true cases of it like the aforementioned surfers or bikers.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #2527 on: March 30, 2018, 07:38:14 AM »
Forrest Edwards clothing brand.  Have his face with a cig as the logo.  Have it minimalistic- just a few items, grey or black.

fruits of the loom
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #2528 on: March 30, 2018, 07:44:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

what exactly is a midlife crisis? I always thought a sign was when someone suddenly takes up surfing or riding a harley when they had never really done it before, as if something were missing from their life. or is it feeling old and thinking about death? or is it trying to be young again somehow by acting out? it seems like some people say anything middle-aged people do, particularly men, is a midlife crisis activity. are we supposed to only wear sports jackets with elbow pads and read books while drinking scotch? it’s sort of a form of behavioral control though there are true cases of it like the aforementioned surfers or bikers.
My crisis is nothing like that. I'm about to borrow £100000 to invest in my business after already investing nearly half my savings into it and the last few weeks I've felt like I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown. My work/life balance is fucked and my sleeping is terrible. I'm about to turn 40 and I'm equally as scared of success as I am failure.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #2529 on: March 30, 2018, 07:53:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
My crisis is nothing like that. I'm about to borrow £100000 to invest in my business after already investing nearly half my savings into it and the last few weeks I've felt like I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown. My work/life balance is fucked and my sleeping is terrible. I'm about to turn 40 and I'm equally as scared of success as I am failure.

best of luck to you man.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #2530 on: March 30, 2018, 10:19:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

best of luck to you man.

I think that could happen at any age. Sounds more like the life of an entrepreneur.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #2531 on: March 30, 2018, 11:27:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

best of luck to you man.
[close]

I think that could happen at any age. Sounds more like the life of an entrepreneur.
You're right, not a midlife crisis. I also stopped taking SSRI's for a few months and that didn't go so well.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2532 on: March 30, 2018, 08:45:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A midlife crisis is  a seemingly regressive act or acts that the 40 or 50 year old male does in reaction to  chronic, long endured stresses.  Becoming gay, surfing, shaving your head, the motorbike thing -basically whatever it is you'r doing, if you look good doing it , it aint a 'mid life crisis'.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 08:52:45 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2533 on: March 30, 2018, 09:49:29 PM »
whoa i had a midlife crisis at 20
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2534 on: March 30, 2018, 10:12:43 PM »
whoa i had a midlife crisis at 20
  Good to get it out of the way.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #2535 on: March 31, 2018, 03:41:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Why do you say so? Are everyone else what make life great for you?

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
  The only abnormality is the inability to love.  You're view of the world is just unique, not abnormal. I don't know if this helps but a saying I heard was, "never compare you're insides to other peoples outsides"
[close]

"In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey"
Throwing the word "unique" around makes my blood boil.. No body is unique in this world where it's just a marketing scheme to sell us images and personal branding.. I wouldn't say "never compare your insides to other peoples outsides" But knowing something about what/why they do something might help you understand the world better.. And what is love anyways? affection? beauty? understanding? Can't something abnormal be lovable  too?
[close]
Can something abnormal be lovable?, -I'd say.  The word unique is as valid as any other word.  Don't trip on the general public's over use or marketing  when your talking to me cause I'm not worried about that shit, -i'm keeping it real dude.  (edit anybody's perspective will be unique, no one will have the same vantage point with all the same factors in identical sequence.)

In some way yeah we are all unique but I'd say most people live pretty regular life and that creates certain common views for larger demography which you could argue makes people copies of each others.. Maybe this is just some existential bullshit though.. Me trying to figure humans, life out..

SOTY

« Reply #2536 on: March 31, 2018, 08:33:39 AM »
"You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap."
-your inner J. Casanova

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2537 on: March 31, 2018, 08:43:08 AM »
 ^ The 'importance' is relative but it's there for me, -I matter very much to me.

7 year old

« Reply #2538 on: March 31, 2018, 11:39:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I wouldn't use the word great, I would say worthwhile/bearable. How do you know the people in your life don't think you're stupid? If you treat them like they are stupid, they probably think you're stupid too.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2539 on: March 31, 2018, 05:16:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
I wouldn't use the word great, I would say worthwhile/bearable. How do you know the people in your life don't think you're stupid? If you treat them like they are stupid, they probably think you're stupid too.
  To be fair I don't think we know how he treats people, it was more like he was just expressing thoughts.  Lots of people who don't like me are civil to me, I can't say I don't appretiate it.  That kind of allowance gives us a chance to change our minds easier cause we didn't tell everyone who gave us a bad impression first go to fuck themselves and die.  (as many times as we may regret not saying those exact words -prolly a toss up)

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #2540 on: March 31, 2018, 06:21:31 PM »
what’s better .. pretzel bread or hawaiin bread?
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2541 on: March 31, 2018, 09:58:15 PM »
Who are the kids with the washing machine shirts on the Sonic youth album cover? Where are they now? Who cares?

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #2542 on: April 01, 2018, 02:48:57 AM »
Who are the kids with the washing machine shirts on the Sonic youth album cover? Where are they now? Who cares?
I think this is one of them, still has the shirt.

bawtawd9

« Reply #2543 on: April 01, 2018, 11:22:41 PM »
What's between love and hate?

What businesses makes the fattest bank deposits?

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2544 on: April 02, 2018, 04:54:35 AM »
nice washing machine, i feel dirty
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 04:56:30 AM by the snake »

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #2545 on: April 02, 2018, 02:39:13 PM »
exactly how much of a defining trait it could be for 'core skaters' to know of NOFX's cover of 'Iron Man' better than of the original version

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2546 on: April 02, 2018, 03:59:34 PM »
exactly how much of a defining trait it could be for 'core skaters' to know of NOFX's cover of 'Iron Man' better than of the original version

everyone who knows nofx covered iron man is poosy confirmed

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2547 on: April 02, 2018, 05:48:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
be careful on that lack of quality sleep my man, fucked me up big time this time last year...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2548 on: April 03, 2018, 05:18:15 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6gHlAUEK9k this a cover of a kate bush song

bawtawd9

« Reply #2549 on: April 05, 2018, 05:47:01 PM »
Why is astrology bullshit? I feel it is but don't know why. Cause I been looking into it and its a little convincing, life path numbers, its pretty old, and I seen this thing on dmt but the circle colors where changing pretty fast.

But I know its bullshit. Do yall know why?