Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 218900 times)

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -406
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #2550 on: March 30, 2018, 10:12:43 PM »
whoa i had a midlife crisis at 20
  Good to get it out of the way.
message of love (bring the mean locals cookies)

Mystical Leader

• Rep: -68
« Reply #2551 on: March 31, 2018, 03:41:09 AM »
Are most of the people really stupid? Or is my view of the world, humans, life, etc. just abnormal? I feel like most of the time people say stupid shit and I can't relate to them. I know my views aren't the best or that I'm always right but still this makes me baffled..

Also does saying this out loud make me stupid??
divide yourself from everyone else and you will ruin your life

Why do you say so? Are everyone else what make life great for you?

Are most of the people really stupid? Or is my view of the world, humans, life, etc. just abnormal? I feel like most of the time people say stupid shit and I can't relate to them. I know my views aren't the best or that I'm always right but still this makes me baffled..

The only abnormality is the inability to love.  You're view of the world is just unique, not abnormal. I don't know if this helps but a saying I heard was, "never compare you're insides to other peoples outsides"

"In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey"
Throwing the word "unique" around makes my blood boil.. No body is unique in this world where it's just a marketing scheme to sell us images and personal branding.. I wouldn't say "never compare your insides to other peoples outsides" But knowing something about what/why they do something might help you understand the world better.. And what is love anyways? affection? beauty? understanding? Can't something abnormal be lovable  too?
Can something abnormal be lovable?, -I'd say.  The word unique is as valid as any other word.  Don't trip on the general public's over use or marketing  when your talking to me cause I'm not worried about that shit, -i'm keeping it real dude.  (edit anybody's perspective will be unique, no one will have the same vantage point with all the same factors in identical sequence.)

In some way yeah we are all unique but I'd say most people live pretty regular life and that creates certain common views for larger demography which you could argue makes people copies of each others.. Maybe this is just some existential bullshit though.. Me trying to figure humans, life out..

SOTY

« Reply #2552 on: March 31, 2018, 08:33:39 AM »
"You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap."
-your inner J. Casanova

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2553 on: March 31, 2018, 08:43:08 AM »
 ^ The 'importance' is relative but it's there for me, -I matter very much to me.

7 year old

• Rep: 56
« Reply #2554 on: March 31, 2018, 11:39:54 AM »

I wouldn't use the word great, I would say worthwhile/bearable. How do you know the people in your life don't think you're stupid? If you treat them like they are stupid, they probably think you're stupid too.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2555 on: March 31, 2018, 05:16:09 PM »

I wouldn't use the word great, I would say worthwhile/bearable. How do you know the people in your life don't think you're stupid? If you treat them like they are stupid, they probably think you're stupid too.
  To be fair I don't think we know how he treats people, it was more like he was just expressing thoughts.  Lots of people who don't like me are civil to me, I can't say I don't appretiate it.  That kind of allowance gives us a chance to change our minds easier cause we didn't tell everyone who gave us a bad impression first go to fuck themselves and die.  (as many times as we may regret not saying those exact words -prolly a toss up)

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 387
« Reply #2556 on: March 31, 2018, 06:21:31 PM »
what’s better .. pretzel bread or hawaiin bread?

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #2557 on: March 31, 2018, 09:58:15 PM »
Who are the kids with the washing machine shirts on the Sonic youth album cover? Where are they now? Who cares?

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #2558 on: April 01, 2018, 02:48:57 AM »
Who are the kids with the washing machine shirts on the Sonic youth album cover? Where are they now? Who cares?
I think this is one of them, still has the shirt.

bawtawd9

« Reply #2559 on: April 01, 2018, 11:22:41 PM »
What's between love and hate?

What businesses makes the fattest bank deposits?

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #2560 on: April 02, 2018, 04:54:35 AM »
nice washing machine, i feel dirty
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 04:56:30 AM by the snake »

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #2561 on: April 02, 2018, 02:39:13 PM »
exactly how much of a defining trait it could be for 'core skaters' to know of NOFX's cover of 'Iron Man' better than of the original version

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #2562 on: April 02, 2018, 03:59:34 PM »
exactly how much of a defining trait it could be for 'core skaters' to know of NOFX's cover of 'Iron Man' better than of the original version

everyone who knows nofx covered iron man is poosy confirmed

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -383
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2563 on: April 02, 2018, 05:48:09 PM »
Am I having a midlife crisis?

what exactly is a midlife crisis? I always thought a sign was when someone suddenly takes up surfing or riding a harley when they had never really done it before, as if something were missing from their life. or is it feeling old and thinking about death? or is it trying to be young again somehow by acting out? it seems like some people say anything middle-aged people do, particularly men, is a midlife crisis activity. are we supposed to only wear sports jackets with elbow pads and read books while drinking scotch? it’s sort of a form of behavioral control though there are true cases of it like the aforementioned surfers or bikers.
My crisis is nothing like that. I'm about to borrow £100000 to invest in my business after already investing nearly half my savings into it and the last few weeks I've felt like I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown. My work/life balance is fucked and my sleeping is terrible. I'm about to turn 40 and I'm equally as scared of success as I am failure.
be careful on that lack of quality sleep my man, fucked me up big time this time last year...

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #yearoftheeagle

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
« Reply #2564 on: April 03, 2018, 05:18:15 PM »
this a cover of a kate bush song

bawtawd9

« Reply #2565 on: April 05, 2018, 05:47:01 PM »
Why is astrology bullshit? I feel it is but don't know why. Cause I been looking into it and its a little convincing, life path numbers, its pretty old, and I seen this thing on dmt but the circle colors where changing pretty fast.

But I know its bullshit. Do yall know why?

SOTY

« Reply #2566 on: April 05, 2018, 06:07:49 PM »
Why is astrology bullshit? I feel it is but don't know why.
Feels counterintuitive to think the moon affects the oceans but not us. I have an ex who was an astrology witch and she was spooky with that stuff.

bawtawd9

« Reply #2567 on: April 05, 2018, 06:12:56 PM »
Why is astrology bullshit? I feel it is but don't know why.
Feels counterintuitive to think the moon affects the oceans but not us. I have an ex who was an astrology witch and she was spooky with that stuff.
Ya I always thought those girls were weird and stayed away but now I wanna talk to one.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 387
« Reply #2568 on: April 05, 2018, 06:31:15 PM »
you think tobeys over on reddit skateboarding telling everyone he’s alpha and they’re his beta bitch

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2569 on: April 06, 2018, 06:47:16 PM »
  The sex assault allegation I am suspicious of is the one Seal is currently facing.  So Seal posted a meme a little while ago (weeks before the allegation) which was a complete 'fuck you' to Oprah.   -Not, uh smart, uh.   -Too bad, dudes a champ in my books.

bawtawd5

• Rep: 132
« Reply #2570 on: April 06, 2018, 08:47:52 PM »
you think tobeys over on reddit skateboarding telling everyone he’s alpha and they’re his beta bitch
U think Toney running his gym like he ran the prefab shit hole he used to skate at

SOTY

« Reply #2571 on: April 08, 2018, 10:14:00 AM »
free running is fucking sick

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2572 on: April 08, 2018, 10:25:29 AM »

I guess it started in Paris at the same time they were having a sexual revolution in the 1920s with artists types having sex parties and smoking hash.   I think a lot happened in paris thru that period that has influenced us greatly.

jomeara1

« Reply #2573 on: April 08, 2018, 01:33:56 PM »
Who decided that the middle finger was offensive? And why the middle finger and not some other finger like the pointer finger? Why does it specifically mean fuck you? 

Why do we have to wear clothes? Why is being naked in public considered inappropriate? We were once cavemen that walked around like this. Did someone along the way feel insecure about his tiny penis that he made everyone cover themselves?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2574 on: April 08, 2018, 01:51:47 PM »
Who decided that the middle finger was offensive? And why the middle finger and not some other finger like the pointer finger? Why does it specifically mean fuck you? 

Why do we have to wear clothes? Why is being naked in public considered inappropriate? We were once cavemen that walked around like this. Did someone along the way feel insecure about his tiny penis that he made everyone cover themselves?
  Length of middle finger is the longest on your hand when you check.  which is the further up somebodies 'arsehole' to get .   That's my reason for giving the bird that way.  "Up yours and rotate" as I remember people would say. 
 In theory we wear clothes cause we ate the fruit of knowledge (which was not recommended)  and so we now know what shame is.

shark tits

« Reply #2575 on: April 10, 2018, 10:51:13 AM »
does dustin dollin find a half beer and see it as totally full or completely empty?

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #2576 on: April 10, 2018, 11:02:55 AM »
does dustin dollin find a half beer and see it as totally full or completely empty?

Chapter 1 of "SocRADtes: Philosophy and Skateboarding"
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2577 on: April 11, 2018, 05:41:32 PM »
  The fuck was up with Zuckerburgs haircut, anybody else puzzled by that shit?  I google it and other people were like 'wtf'? and found it "disturbing".

childhood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #2578 on: April 12, 2018, 05:38:17 AM »

I guess it started in Paris at the same time they were having a sexual revolution in the 1920s with artists types having sex parties and smoking hash.   I think a lot happened in paris thru that period that has influenced us greatly.

I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, but John Ciampa was ahead of his time.
Nancy Drew

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 49
« Reply #2579 on: April 14, 2018, 06:57:10 AM »
my kids 3 and has only just taken an interest in playing with my board.. have i missed the window of oppertunity to get him in on that Nyjah/Sheckler scheme?