Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 218819 times)

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 801
  • Butterscotch yo!
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #2700 on: June 28, 2018, 04:51:03 AM »
How many people are going to use the measure app on iOS 12 on their dicks? Iím going to measure the wheelbase of my Quasi in the morning because it seems like itís shorter than 14.38Ē
Everyone with a dick and an iPhone.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 387
« Reply #2701 on: June 28, 2018, 06:23:56 AM »
that song from the dylan video fat bill made
True Blue?

no thatís not it

calvinsdream

• Rep: 13
  • Dusted and disgusted
« Reply #2702 on: June 28, 2018, 03:08:20 PM »
I've been watching the second vice season of kotr because I only saw clips from time it was on

Did anyone roast that nerd Jerry Gurney for toting around red bull and coke to slam with his bottles of liquor?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 10:55:48 PM by calvinsdream »

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 824
« Reply #2703 on: June 28, 2018, 05:33:33 PM »
I've been watching the second vice season of kotr because I only saw clips the from the time it was on

Did anyone roast that nerd Jerry Gurney for toting around red bull and coke to slam with with his bottles of liquor?
Chaser is not rock and roll what a poser.

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #2704 on: June 28, 2018, 08:11:22 PM »
I've been watching the second vice season of kotr because I only saw clips the from the time it was on

Did anyone roast that nerd Jerry Gurney for toting around red bull and coke to slam with with his bottles of liquor?
Chaser is not rock and roll what a poser.

Jerry gerny is poosy confirm

Adam Abbas

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #2705 on: June 28, 2018, 09:11:41 PM »
I was thinking about all the pitfalls that Crailtap has gone through, because there's been so many in the last six years.

Maybe I'm missing some, but:

- Pretty Sweet's lack of OG riders, and overall uncomfortable direction
- Pappalardo and Devine getting kicked of
- Alex and BA leaving
- Mike Mo's injury
- Lakai, Royal, Fourstar, Girl/Choc wood all becoming infamous for their lack of quality
- Becoming infamous for leaving too many talented skaters on flow and not jumping on guys like Carlos Ribeiro
- Altamont buying out the company (still unsure what exactly happened)
- Eric and Guy leaving, and Crailtap only noting their departure with a terse insta post
- Gino leaving
- Marc's whole rough getting kicked of
- Andy Jenkins leaving
- Johnny Jones' mom passing away
- The Flare being taken of iTunes for music infringement
- Lakai doing some corny collabs
- Fourstar taking a hiatus
- Malto's ankle or something destroyed, taking him out for awhile
- Jerry getting on then getting off not too long after, Crailtap again only noting his departure with a brief insta story post I believe
- Berle leaving, don't know if that was acknowledged by Crailtap
- Cory Kennedy and P-Stone's accident
- A noticeable following of trends such as graphics mimicking other companies' graphics
- And then lots of little things, Carroll having to reassure people that Crailtap isn't dying, Aiden Mackey talking shit about Lakai, etc.

It reminds me of Saturday Night Live back when it was lame for a few seasons in the late 90's/early 00's. But if SNL could come back, so can Crailtap. I mean from what I can recall about SNL anyway. When Jason Lee hosted SNL it was probably the worst episode I ever saw. He talked about Video Days and used skateboarding in his intro as well. Lorne Michaels ripped. Anyway...
You're hollerin' Don Fisher

I'm screamin' Buddy Carr

cloudy

• Rep: 39
« Reply #2706 on: June 28, 2018, 10:27:52 PM »
I was thinking about all the pitfalls that Crailtap has gone through, because there's been so many in the last six years.

- Alex and BA leaving
- Mike Mo's injury
- Lakai, Royal, Fourstar, Girl/Choc wood all becoming infamous for their lack of quality
- Becoming infamous for leaving too many talented skaters on flow and not jumping on guys like Carlos Ribeiro
- Eric and Guy leaving, and Crailtap only noting their departure with a terse insta post
- Gino leaving
- Andy Jenkins leaving
- Jerry getting on then getting off not too long after, Crailtap again only noting his departure with a brief insta story post I believe
- A noticeable following of trends such as graphics mimicking other companies' graphics
- And then lots of little things, Carroll having to reassure people that Crailtap isn't dying, Aiden Mackey talking shit about Lakai, etc.

It reminds me of Saturday Night Live back when it was lame for a few seasons in the late 90's/early 00's. But if SNL could come back, so can Crailtap. I mean from what I can recall about SNL anyway. When Jason Lee hosted SNL it was probably the worst episode I ever saw. He talked about Video Days and used skateboarding in his intro as well. Lorne Michaels ripped. Anyway...

damn, that list is so depressing. i'd add justin eldridge's injury and scott johnston leaving the lakai design team for adidas. i like the snl comparison. i think part of what helped them bounce back in the early 00's was shaking up the format of weekend update. tina fey and jimmy fallon had great chemistry. hopefully them putting on breana geering is a step in the right direction. let's get her and manchild to co-host new episodes of the crail couch.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 49
« Reply #2707 on: June 28, 2018, 10:58:52 PM »
All this talk about push up's got me thinking maybe I should start too.. I can do 10-11 of these modified what I call yoga pushups where you do a downward-facing dog to a cobra/upward-facing dog and up again in a fluid motion. I'm not sure how efficient they are but there is a nice rhythm to it and it also helps me breath correctly..
I do this maybe 3-4 times a week and was thinking would it be possible to 20 easily at the end of summer? How much does it take training? I suck at sports generally but I'm in a relatively good shape.

if youre already busting double digits of those ( i think their known as judo push ups but i could be totally wrong) it shouldnt take much to jump up to 20, just keep pushing try to add a few more every time.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2708 on: June 29, 2018, 05:00:13 AM »

- Alex and BA leaving
- Mike Mo's injury
- Gino leaving
- Andy Jenkins leaving

damn, that list is so depressing. i'd add justin eldridge's injury and scott johnston leaving the lakai design team for adidas. i like the snl comparison. i think part of what helped them bounce back in the early 00's was shaking up the format of weekend update. tina fey and jimmy fallon had great chemistry. hopefully them putting on breana geering is a step in the right direction. let's get her and manchild to co-host new episodes of the crail couch.

i feel like less man child would be a step in the right direction

calvinsdream

• Rep: 13
  • Dusted and disgusted
« Reply #2709 on: June 29, 2018, 08:02:10 AM »
All this talk about push up's got me thinking maybe I should start too.. I can do 10-11 of these modified what I call yoga pushups where you do a downward-facing dog to a cobra/upward-facing dog and up again in a fluid motion. I'm not sure how efficient they are but there is a nice rhythm to it and it also helps me breath correctly..
I do this maybe 3-4 times a week and was thinking would it be possible to 20 easily at the end of summer? How much does it take training? I suck at sports generally but I'm in a relatively good shape.

if youre already busting double digits of those ( i think their known as judo push ups but i could be totally wrong) it shouldnt take much to jump up to 20, just keep pushing try to add a few more every time.

Iíve been keeping myself sane with 75 a day.

Dwyck

• Rep: -23
  • I left my Phillie at home - do you have another?
« Reply #2710 on: June 29, 2018, 04:16:57 PM »
A. my friend knows some hijinx unlimited kids
B. her best friend of them is george soros nephew
When discussions spiral into shit like this it's time to drop 250ug lsd and stare at a lake for a minute.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 801
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #2711 on: June 30, 2018, 02:53:53 AM »
A. my friend knows some hijinx unlimited kids
B. her best friend of them is george soros nephew
Were they the tail scrape kids? I never saw that video because it was region restricted but boy did I laugh at that gif.

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #2712 on: July 01, 2018, 03:10:11 PM »
What fuckin commercial or movie this is from

shark tits

« Reply #2713 on: July 01, 2018, 03:11:04 PM »
What fuckin commercial or movie this is from

damn the man, save the empire!
empire records

shark tits

« Reply #2714 on: July 09, 2018, 01:00:39 PM »
i've always thought the right wing were the bad guys or 'slightly badder guys'.
on a large scale, blue or red is still status quo and anti environment/anti small guy but at least the people i was friendly w/ were self described liberals.
there was the anarchist/liberal divide but we weren't on the red side.
but after getting attacked by slap and reading '4chan' repeatedly, i watched a bunch of videos by this guy 'duerst the worst, bitches' and i have to say, that kekistan silliness is more inviting than the strident shit talk of the liberals.
ya'll might've jumped the shark.
if history just keeps repeating itself, who are the situationists of today? i think it might be those dorks.

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #2715 on: July 10, 2018, 01:59:13 AM »
because how people like me and especially you are just fucking dimwitted, history will for sure repeat itself and we're all fucked

shark tits

« Reply #2716 on: July 10, 2018, 06:58:08 AM »
because how people like me and especially you are just fucking dimwitted, history will for sure repeat itself and we're all fucked
but who are the modern situationists?
which side would abby hoffman be on?
remember emma goldman goes 'if i can't dance it ain't my revolution'? i feel like there's not enough dancing and too many people are just mad. those nerds are the only happy ones, everyone else seems very dogmatic.
i spose protests by nature don't bring out humanity's best 'people believe different than me? i better go and yell at them'.

cosmicgypsies

• Rep: 115
« Reply #2717 on: July 10, 2018, 10:40:59 AM »

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #2718 on: July 10, 2018, 10:53:16 AM »
It took me like a month to get that, you'll get it someday too. No one tell him.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2719 on: July 11, 2018, 08:18:17 PM »
How the hell the strokes we're ever perceived as a good rock and roll band.

Seriously, their music is wimpy as hell.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
« Reply #2720 on: July 11, 2018, 10:20:10 PM »
How the hell the strokes we're ever perceived as a good rock and roll band.

Seriously, their music is wimpy as hell.

because they were part of the early 2000s ďrock revivalĒ and compared to what was popular at the time they sounded pretty rockiní. I like some of their songs but I wouldnít call what they do rock Ďní roll. itís more pop rock or stadium rock.

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #2721 on: July 12, 2018, 10:48:41 AM »
How anyone could ever expect anything more than $15 for dirty shoes/apparel when posting it for sale.

This doubles as a pet peeve. 

offkilter

• Rep: 39
« Reply #2722 on: July 12, 2018, 10:38:29 PM »

shark tits

« Reply #2723 on: July 13, 2018, 01:02:09 PM »
rainbow haired shawn powers aka tekashi69 is in nyc jail for tx misdemeanor. i'm pretty sure that's illegal. but it got me thinking, he's always rolling w/ mad security but you can't take them in jail w/ you.
what if a former president or his family, who have lifetime secret service, did something criminal?
hypothetically if they were actually charged and punished, could they take secret service to jail w/ them? or can you just not be in trouble once you've got secret service? diplomatic immunity.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #2724 on: July 13, 2018, 08:12:43 PM »
We have a little free pile on a counter in the lobby of my building (pretty common thing in the bay area, not sure if it is elsewhere). This thing has been sitting there for 3 days. What is it?

Edit: day 4 of this mystery taunting me led to some googling. The useless stuff people buy...

https://m.bedbathandbeyond.com/m/product/baggy-holder-storage-rack/1017832840?skuId=17832840&mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_storage_online&product_id=17832840&adtype=pla&product_channel=online&adpos=1o1&creative=224124676749&device=m&matchtype=&network=s&mrkgadid=3245555065&mrkgcl=609&rkg_id=h-855461179273913bbb26542c86af2522_t-1531612166&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9qzP9OOf3AIVjsJkCh1qdglGEAQYASABEgJi-vD_BwE
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 04:55:54 PM by happenstance »

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 387
« Reply #2725 on: July 14, 2018, 04:01:14 PM »
what level crackhead are you to have a bmx bike?  does that come standard with the habit or do you have to be like a dealer or something ..

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2726 on: July 14, 2018, 06:46:43 PM »
what level crackhead are you to have a bmx bike?  does that come standard with the habit or do you have to be like a dealer or something ..

I dunno but you also have to wear jorts and a tank top.

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #2727 on: July 15, 2018, 01:59:18 AM »
crackheads usually steal from children so that's why you see more crackheads on bmx than mountain bikes.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2728 on: July 15, 2018, 06:38:45 PM »
when you're young, you experience things more intensely because your prefrontal cortex is still developing. when you're older and more stable, it seems like the thing that most closely replicates that youthful sensitivity and excitement is being drunk or high. is there a way to do that without alcohol or drugs?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 06:40:27 PM by ChuckRamone »

shark tits

« Reply #2729 on: July 15, 2018, 08:15:10 PM »
when you're young, you experience things more intensely because your prefrontal cortex is still developing. when you're older and more stable, it seems like the thing that most closely replicates that youthful sensitivity and excitement is being drunk or high. is there a way to do that without alcohol or drugs?
trepanation