Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 219218 times)

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #2820 on: September 06, 2018, 01:21:31 PM »
Didn't somebody switch flip or switch heel this double set years ago?

For some reason I was thinking it was Damian Bravo, but I can't find the footage so I'm not sure if that's correct. It's been seriously bothering me lately.
maybe stefan janoski, but i think that was a similar looking double set
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 862
« Reply #2821 on: September 06, 2018, 01:23:25 PM »

For some reason I was thinking it was Damian Bravo, but I can't find the footage so I'm not sure if that's correct. It's been seriously bothering me lately.

I remember that double set from Welcome To Hell

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

Pigeon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #2822 on: September 06, 2018, 05:22:31 PM »
How legit is Ozone, the skateshop in Alameda? I want to spend a day down in Alameda but donít know if I should bring an extra deck.
i was not vaccinated as a child and i turned out fine.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #2823 on: September 07, 2018, 04:13:00 AM »
im pondering why social media is so fucking important to some people. some are so consumed with their public image they create and legit worry how others will look at them, to the point of calling people out for not liking them or following.

this girl i know from my town, ended up unfollowing her on instagram yesterday. shes pretty attractive and has mad followers but i dont care to be another one of her ig fanboys. not two minutes after the unfollowing she messages me asking wtf and texting an essay to me because she was offended.

ah the times we live in, such a double edged sword sometimes.

I hope you didn't respond, just nothing, not a peep. Can you imagine her anguish?

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2824 on: September 07, 2018, 04:37:37 AM »
im pondering why social media is so fucking important to some people. some are so consumed with their public image they create and legit worry how others will look at them, to the point of calling people out for not liking them or following.

this girl i know from my town, ended up unfollowing her on instagram yesterday. shes pretty attractive and has mad followers but i dont care to be another one of her ig fanboys. not two minutes after the unfollowing she messages me asking wtf and texting an essay to me because she was offended.

I hope you didn't respond, just nothing, not a peep. Can you imagine her anguish?

Do you get notified when someone unfollows you? Thatīs fucked up!

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -406
« Reply #2825 on: September 07, 2018, 09:07:57 AM »

Yes, no response for a week then booty call her strait up.
message of love (bring the mean locals cookies)

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #2826 on: September 07, 2018, 09:27:29 AM »

Do you get notified when someone unfollows you? Thatīs fucked up!

There's different app services you can pay for that can show you when someone unfollows you, which just shows how much this gal really seems to care about social media.
Irvine-Sucks.com

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
« Reply #2827 on: September 07, 2018, 06:40:53 PM »
I left a goofy comment once on one of my friendís IG posts and she sent me a series of text messages explaining that she had to delete it because she takes social media really seriously for her career and shit. I was pretty flummoxed by that. I unfollowed her because I donít use IG that way. For me, itís just for fun.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #2828 on: September 08, 2018, 06:19:49 AM »
It'd be so cool if Palace edited their next video to the drum & bass station from GTAIII.
Nancy Drew

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #2829 on: September 08, 2018, 08:36:11 AM »
Does Redman still live in that apartment from his Cribs episode?

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2830 on: September 08, 2018, 08:43:21 AM »
As of a year ago he still did:
http://archive.massappeal.com/redman-house-from-mtv-cribs/
The Thrillist article it references is worth reading too, apparently MTV wanted him to rent a bigger and nicer house for the episode.
Nancy Drew

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #2831 on: September 08, 2018, 10:44:32 AM »
The Thrillist article it references is worth reading too, apparently MTV wanted him to rent a bigger and nicer house for the episode.
Fuck, that's amazing.

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2832 on: September 08, 2018, 01:27:33 PM »
Fuck, that's amazing.

I don't recall where I heard it, some podcast (of course), but that's one of the places he owns. It was the first place he bought when he started making money, but he has a handful of places that family members live in with that being one of them. Personally I like to think it's still home base and there's an unflushed turd in the toilet.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
« Reply #2833 on: September 09, 2018, 07:52:57 AM »

Pabst

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
  • USA
« Reply #2834 on: September 09, 2018, 11:40:23 AM »
https://www.westword.com/news/boys-will-be-wetboys-5098655

Do the wet boys get a pass in the current day and age?

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #2835 on: September 09, 2018, 11:58:45 AM »
With how much Ed Templeton posts on Instagram and snapping photos from the HB pier, do you think he spends just as much time, if not more, than the people he makes fun of for being on their phones in public?
Irvine-Sucks.com

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2836 on: September 09, 2018, 04:11:12 PM »

That interview, and the "plaid shirt guy", were probably the highlights of my week.

Joe Rogan has had such a weird career arc. Going from being on NewsRadio, to hosting Fear Factor, to becoming like a DMT-podcast-bro.
Nancy Drew

Mystical Leader

• Rep: -68
« Reply #2837 on: September 12, 2018, 06:12:39 AM »

That interview, and the "plaid shirt guy", were probably the highlights of my week.

Joe Rogan has had such a weird career arc. Going from being on NewsRadio, to hosting Fear Factor, to becoming like a DMT-podcast-bro.

Don't care for Joe Rogan but Elon is a genius. He might be the key to some fundamental questions about what we are capable as humans and what kind of pandoras box we might accidentally to open...

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2838 on: September 12, 2018, 10:46:43 AM »
lol

I agree that developing electric cars is important, but Musk is pretty clearly a jackass.
Nancy Drew

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2839 on: September 12, 2018, 11:00:09 AM »
He's smart enough to smoke a blunt with Joe Rogan and put all of his government contracts up in the air while pissing off a huge portion of his investors and making them question his judgement.

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #2840 on: September 12, 2018, 11:54:23 AM »
they shouldve done blow instead.

Mystical Leader

• Rep: -68
« Reply #2841 on: September 12, 2018, 02:24:42 PM »
You are missing the point if all you can see is the dope..

I can feel it, he is changing the world as we see it..

I don't know how much time he has on this planet but hopefully he doesn't get assassinated

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2842 on: September 12, 2018, 03:49:32 PM »
You are missing the point if all you can see is the dope..

I can feel it, he is changing the world as we see it..

I don't know how much time he has on this planet but hopefully he doesn't get assassinated

You're missing the point if all you can see is an individual expressing himself.

He asked a lot of people to trust him with a lot of money and resources, and they did. Thousands of people handed him their livelihoods because he asked them to trust his vision and they did. Then he went and ripped a blunt and did shots with hundreds of thousands of people looking at him. It's not morally wrong, it's not illegal, but it makes people who have entrusted him with a lot question his judgement and they aren't wrong to do it. He gave his actions no forethought and that concerns people. He isn't a rockstar and he isn't a product, he's the captain of several large ships.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2843 on: September 12, 2018, 03:51:40 PM »

I do love how he keeps baselessly accusing that diver who helped save all those kids in Thailand of being a pedophile.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 03:54:44 PM by childhood »
Nancy Drew

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
« Reply #2844 on: September 12, 2018, 07:00:04 PM »

I do love how he keeps baselessly accusing that diver who helped save all those kids in Thailand of being a pedophile.

Love him or hate him, it's fascinating to see his empire grow.
The boul did co-find paypal so big ups Elon. I'm sure he would be a skater.

If a hypothetical movie happened based on him, who would play him? I'm noticing all of his little eye twitches and eye brow raises; they're great

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2845 on: September 12, 2018, 07:32:59 PM »
Mads Mikkelsen

And he didn't really co-found it, but whatever. Regardless, do you think nobody else would have come up with a way to pay for stuff over the internet?

That's my main problem with the worship of him. He's clearly smart in some aspects, but for some people to be acting like he's some tech-messiah who is going to lead us into the new age, is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

He's more an example of a somewhat more talented than average person, who happened to be in the right place at the right time, and has branded and marketed himself as some uber-genius. He's basically like a Libertarian Trump.
Nancy Drew

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #2846 on: September 12, 2018, 07:52:24 PM »

Paul Trep did a switch heel down it for some Darkstar ad, might be what you're thinking of.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2847 on: September 12, 2018, 08:01:34 PM »
That's possible...I am always getting Damian Bravo and Paul Trep mixed up.
Nancy Drew

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2848 on: September 13, 2018, 07:44:11 AM »
Robert Durst is credibly linked to several other murders, that they didn't even get around to discussing on The Jinx.

"Days after the Berman murder, police were reportedly examining connections between Durst and disappearances of 17-year-old Lynne Schulze from Middlebury, Vermont,and 16-year-old Karen Mitchell from Eureka, California. Investigators are also looking into a possible connection with the disappearance of 18-year-old Kristen Modafferi, last seen in San Francisco in 1997.

Schulze, a Middlebury College freshman, visited Durst's health food store on December 10, 1971, the day she disappeared, and was last seen that afternoon near a bus stop across from the store. ...credit card records placed Durst in Eureka on November 25, 1997, the day Mitchell vanished. Mitchell may have volunteered in a homeless shelter that Durst frequented; Durst, dressed in women's clothing, had visited the Eureka shoe store owned by Mitchell's aunt.  Mitchell was last seen walking to work from her aunt's store and possibly speaking to someone in a stopped car; a witness sketch of Mitchell's presumed abductor resembles Durst."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Durst
Nancy Drew

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 34
« Reply #2849 on: September 14, 2018, 11:52:40 AM »

Paul Trep did a switch heel down it for some Darkstar ad, might be what you're thinking of.

And don't forget Paul Machnau's ollie in a full on Karate Gee... KOTR 2006 baby...