Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 575109 times)

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #2820 on: September 09, 2018, 04:11:12 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycPr5-27vSI

That interview, and the "plaid shirt guy", were probably the highlights of my week.

Joe Rogan has had such a weird career arc. Going from being on NewsRadio, to hosting Fear Factor, to becoming like a DMT-podcast-bro.

Mystical Leader

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #2821 on: September 12, 2018, 06:12:39 AM »

That interview, and the "plaid shirt guy", were probably the highlights of my week.

Joe Rogan has had such a weird career arc. Going from being on NewsRadio, to hosting Fear Factor, to becoming like a DMT-podcast-bro.

Don't care for Joe Rogan but Elon is a genius. He might be the key to some fundamental questions about what we are capable as humans and what kind of pandoras box we might accidentally to open...

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2822 on: September 12, 2018, 10:46:43 AM »
lol

I agree that developing electric cars is important, but Musk is pretty clearly a jackass.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #2823 on: September 12, 2018, 11:00:09 AM »
He's smart enough to smoke a blunt with Joe Rogan and put all of his government contracts up in the air while pissing off a huge portion of his investors and making them question his judgement.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #2824 on: September 12, 2018, 11:54:23 AM »
they shouldve done blow instead.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #2825 on: September 12, 2018, 02:24:42 PM »
You are missing the point if all you can see is the dope..

I can feel it, he is changing the world as we see it..

I don't know how much time he has on this planet but hopefully he doesn't get assassinated

shit_for_brains

« Reply #2826 on: September 12, 2018, 03:49:32 PM »
You are missing the point if all you can see is the dope..

I can feel it, he is changing the world as we see it..

I don't know how much time he has on this planet but hopefully he doesn't get assassinated

You're missing the point if all you can see is an individual expressing himself.

He asked a lot of people to trust him with a lot of money and resources, and they did. Thousands of people handed him their livelihoods because he asked them to trust his vision and they did. Then he went and ripped a blunt and did shots with hundreds of thousands of people looking at him. It's not morally wrong, it's not illegal, but it makes people who have entrusted him with a lot question his judgement and they aren't wrong to do it. He gave his actions no forethought and that concerns people. He isn't a rockstar and he isn't a product, he's the captain of several large ships.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2827 on: September 12, 2018, 03:51:40 PM »

I do love how he keeps baselessly accusing that diver who helped save all those kids in Thailand of being a pedophile.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 03:54:44 PM by childhood »

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2828 on: September 12, 2018, 07:00:04 PM »

I do love how he keeps baselessly accusing that diver who helped save all those kids in Thailand of being a pedophile.

Love him or hate him, it's fascinating to see his empire grow.
The boul did co-find paypal so big ups Elon. I'm sure he would be a skater.

If a hypothetical movie happened based on him, who would play him? I'm noticing all of his little eye twitches and eye brow raises; they're great

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2829 on: September 12, 2018, 07:32:59 PM »
Mads Mikkelsen

And he didn't really co-found it, but whatever. Regardless, do you think nobody else would have come up with a way to pay for stuff over the internet?

That's my main problem with the worship of him. He's clearly smart in some aspects, but for some people to be acting like he's some tech-messiah who is going to lead us into the new age, is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

He's more an example of a somewhat more talented than average person, who happened to be in the right place at the right time, and has branded and marketed himself as some uber-genius. He's basically like a Libertarian Trump.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #2830 on: September 12, 2018, 07:52:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Didn't somebody switch flip or switch heel this double set years ago?

For some reason I was thinking it was Damian Bravo, but I can't find the footage so I'm not sure if that's correct. It's been seriously bothering me lately.
[close]
maybe stefan janoski, but i think that was a similar looking double set
[close]

I remember that double set from Welcome To Hell

Paul Trep did a switch heel down it for some Darkstar ad, might be what you're thinking of.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2831 on: September 12, 2018, 08:01:34 PM »
That's possible...I am always getting Damian Bravo and Paul Trep mixed up.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2832 on: September 13, 2018, 07:44:11 AM »
Robert Durst is credibly linked to several other murders, that they didn't even get around to discussing on The Jinx.

"Days after the Berman murder, police were reportedly examining connections between Durst and disappearances of 17-year-old Lynne Schulze from Middlebury, Vermont,and 16-year-old Karen Mitchell from Eureka, California. Investigators are also looking into a possible connection with the disappearance of 18-year-old Kristen Modafferi, last seen in San Francisco in 1997.

Schulze, a Middlebury College freshman, visited Durst's health food store on December 10, 1971, the day she disappeared, and was last seen that afternoon near a bus stop across from the store. ...credit card records placed Durst in Eureka on November 25, 1997, the day Mitchell vanished. Mitchell may have volunteered in a homeless shelter that Durst frequented; Durst, dressed in women's clothing, had visited the Eureka shoe store owned by Mitchell's aunt.  Mitchell was last seen walking to work from her aunt's store and possibly speaking to someone in a stopped car; a witness sketch of Mitchell's presumed abductor resembles Durst."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Durst

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 82
« Reply #2833 on: September 14, 2018, 11:52:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Didn't somebody switch flip or switch heel this double set years ago?

For some reason I was thinking it was Damian Bravo, but I can't find the footage so I'm not sure if that's correct. It's been seriously bothering me lately.
[close]
maybe stefan janoski, but i think that was a similar looking double set
[close]

I remember that double set from Welcome To Hell
[close]

Paul Trep did a switch heel down it for some Darkstar ad, might be what you're thinking of.

And don't forget Paul Machnau's ollie in a full on Karate Gee... KOTR 2006 baby...

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #2834 on: September 14, 2018, 12:51:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Love him or hate him, it's fascinating to see his empire grow.
The boul did co-find paypal so big ups Elon. I'm sure he would be a skater.

If a hypothetical movie happened based on him, who would play him? I'm noticing all of his little eye twitches and eye brow raises; they're great

I learned a lot about Elon during that podcast. Never even heard him speak before that. On one hand I thought he was funny, especially during the flamethrower stuff, and at other times I was confused by weird periods of silence and how he dodged Rogan about who to talk to when you're trying to build tunnels under LA.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2835 on: September 14, 2018, 12:53:13 PM »
elon musk gives me superhero movie bad guy vibes,

its the ego thing i think

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #2836 on: September 15, 2018, 01:48:05 AM »
SPOILER ALERT...

Some skaters make stupid money. Just saw the episode of King of the Road where they announced the winners. Honestly, yeah, Element had the most points, but did they need the money? Absolutely not. Real, those guys are fine. I was really rooting for Foundation. I think everyone's heard how they're hurting. I'm sure getting some money would have been cool. At least so Merlino doesn't have to do Uber for a while. I even thought that it would be cool for someone to start a gofundme or kickstarter to raise $5,000 for those guys. They deserve it.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #2837 on: September 15, 2018, 06:31:58 AM »
SPOILER ALERT...

Some skaters make stupid money. Just saw the episode of King of the Road where they announced the winners. Honestly, yeah, Element had the most points, but did they need the money? Absolutely not. Real, those guys are fine. I was really rooting for Foundation. I think everyone's heard how they're hurting. I'm sure getting some money would have been cool. At least so Merlino doesn't have to do Uber for a while. I even thought that it would be cool for someone to start a gofundme or kickstarter to raise $5,000 for those guys. They deserve it.

That might be a nice bonus, but theres no amount of money you could realistically raise that would help those guys in the long run. What they need is a brand that people want to buy. Just having a good team doesnt mean people are going to buy your products.

Foundation hasn't been popular in 15 years. I say dump it and start something new that might have a shot at competing with the brands actually selling products. Same could be said about a lot of early 00s brands still trying to hang on.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2838 on: September 15, 2018, 07:47:23 AM »
I never go in the 'temp gnar' thing.  Anybody else scared of it?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 06:53:01 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #2839 on: September 16, 2018, 06:04:33 PM »
brighto zeuner won x games gold - does that have hold for the olympics? could she compete? frog skateboards presents: chloe kim deux?
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #2840 on: September 17, 2018, 09:47:38 AM »
why is there that diamond shaped cut out in the heel of my shoes?
Just to show off that there is some foam in there?
I landed primo and my axle nut hit directly in that hole, resulting is a serious heel bruise.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #2841 on: September 17, 2018, 11:38:25 AM »
what if im literally regular and everyones just humoring me

feedmeseymour

« Reply #2842 on: September 17, 2018, 12:14:55 PM »

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #2843 on: September 17, 2018, 12:53:14 PM »
Perfect.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #2844 on: September 17, 2018, 07:48:24 PM »
Expand Quote
what if im literally regular and everyones just humoring me
[close]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYmn3Gwn3oI

Childhood memories of this exact episode.  Pondered exactly this most of my life. 

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2845 on: September 17, 2018, 08:26:25 PM »
That diver who Elon Musk accused of being a pedophile, is suing him, and being represented by the same lawyer as Richard Jewell (a security guard who was falsely accused of the 1996 Atlanta Olympics bombing) was during his libel trials.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/05/tesla-ceo-elon-musk-calls-british-cave-diver-child-rapist.html
www.youtube.com/watch?v=euxX2TPw8Oo
A lot of those NYTimes Retro videos are interesting and worth watching too.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2846 on: September 18, 2018, 09:42:02 AM »
A skateboarding, art collecting billionaire will be the first Moon tourist.
Elon Musk has announced his first passenger for SpaceX’s lunar mission, Yusaku Maezawa.
http://www.dazeddigital.com/science-tech/article/41413/1/yusaku-maezawa-skateboarding-art-collector-billionaire-first-moon-tourist-spacex

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #2847 on: September 18, 2018, 10:10:31 AM »
one time me and my junkie gf were watching the news about a catholic church payout to molestation victims and i goes 'why couldn't i have gotten molested by a priest?' and she goes 'me too'.
now i've got a new dream.
i wish a billionaire would false accuse me of pederasty so i can sue.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #2848 on: September 19, 2018, 03:08:02 AM »
one time me and my junkie gf were watching the news about a catholic church payout to molestation victims and i goes 'why couldn't i have gotten molested by a priest?' and she goes 'me too'.
now i've got a new dream.
i wish a billionaire would false accuse me of pederasty so i can sue.
Wow, you just get stupider

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #2849 on: September 19, 2018, 05:22:49 AM »
Expand Quote
SPOILER ALERT...

[close]

Those guys must make something for just being on KOTR.  They're providing 10-12 episodes of content for Vice. 

That might be a nice bonus, but theres no amount of money you could realistically raise that would help those guys in the long run. What they need is a brand that people want to buy. Just having a good team doesnt mean people are going to buy your products.

Foundation hasn't been popular in 15 years. I say dump it and start something new that might have a shot at competing with the brands actually selling products. Same could be said about a lot of early 00s brands still trying to hang on.