Author Topic: Benefits of Tight Trucks VS. Loose Trucks  (Read 67273 times)

ChildoftheGhetto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Benefits of Tight Trucks VS. Loose Trucks
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2011, 08:05:39 PM »
I said I liked it(no homo?)

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2011, 08:08:29 PM »
I said I liked it(no homo?)

How the fuck could that have been gay and I thought you were being sarcastic 

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2011, 08:10:19 PM »
It sounded kind of moist in my head

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2011, 08:18:35 PM »
The only things that will help you ollie higher are "jumping higher" and "multiple attempts". That's it.

Bushing durometer, truck tightness, vulc/cupsole hybrid soles, holographic bracelets, skate-specific socks, etc. simply do not matter, and if you think they do, maybe it's that very mentality that is actually limiting your potential? 

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2011, 08:19:14 PM »
I'm significantly fatter than most skaters so I'm pretty sure my trucks feel looser to me than they would to most anyone else, but even so, people tend to tell me my trucks are on the looser side.  The only benefit I can think of is not having to tick tack around like Nyjah.  I would gladly swap my non-tick tacking ways for big spin hurricanes though.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 08:20:49 PM by L33Tg33k »
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

gkn00dlez

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2011, 09:25:57 PM »
tight pussy
loose trucks?

loose pussy
tight trucks?

idk

depends on the girl I guess

Sgt.Pepper

• Rep: -167
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2011, 10:06:37 PM »
loose trucks always. but just put in new bushings so they are kind of tight at the moment. it sucks :'(
"I'd be a teenage virgin, jerking off in my bedroom
 if I wasnt a 20 year old virgin that didn't have a bedroom."

RajeevWins

• Rep: 16
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2011, 10:06:57 PM »
It sounded kind of moist in my head

LOL IM DEAD

edit:
- i ride somewhere in between
- random thought: sounds dumb i know, but would you still get wheel bite if you just ran a piece of wax over those 4 lil pieces of your board real lightly one time?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 10:10:39 PM by RajeevWins »

i came up through the "niggas don't skate days"

7plyskate

• Rep: -1
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2011, 10:15:04 PM »
As far as wheel bite goes I typically end up with no problems with it. Seems like I only get stopped from wheel bite if Im going slow, but with speed it just keeps rolling even when its touching.

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2011, 10:41:01 PM »
i like this topic.

i ride em real loose. had the same pair for two years, got brand new trucks, but couldn't loosen them enough, so i put the old ones back on. i don't get much wheelbite, and it just feels better. i like that i can turn with my front foot while i push, if they're too tight i can't do that and it fucks me up

7plyskate

• Rep: -1
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2011, 11:02:18 PM »
i like this topic.

i ride em real loose. had the same pair for two years, got brand new trucks, but couldn't loosen them enough, so i put the old ones back on. i don't get much wheelbite, and it just feels better. i like that i can turn with my front foot while i push, if they're too tight i can't do that and it fucks me up

Why not just transfer your bushings over so you atleast have a fresh hanger?

bandini

« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2011, 11:36:35 PM »
i like that i can turn with my front foot while i push, if they're too tight i can't do that and it fucks me up

Haha - exactly. I'm so used to turning with one foot while I push that with tight trucks I literally take one push and fall off the board - makes me look like it's my first day learning to skate.

The whole wheelbite thing only ever happened to me when I tried riding lows once. I couldn't get my trucks loose enough without wheelbite, so I ditched the lows. Hasn't been a prob since.

ChildOfTheBurbs

• Rep: -65513
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2011, 11:40:03 PM »
How can one skate and not appreciate the feeling up turning?

Cold Pizza

« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2011, 06:55:58 AM »
random thought: sounds dumb i know, but would you still get wheel bite if you just ran a piece of wax over those 4 lil pieces of your board real lightly one time?

I've been doing this for years, works great.  I think I first read about Matt Rodriguez doing it in an interview.

Flipkick

• Rep: -16
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2011, 07:57:51 AM »
There's nothing wrong with loose trucks. I used to skate really loose, until i realized that I like not getting wheelbite. It's just i know that fag doesn't even skate loose and is saying that because it's "cool" to have loose trucks, and looking for approval from some faggots. The kid can barely roll on a skateboard talking about loose trucks. Get the fuck out. Kids like him and victor piss me off, because their opinions are manufactured specifically to get props from fags that post on slap.

Some one just got trolled so hard.

I'm around 170 pounds, so I need them a little tighter.  Damn beer weight messing things up nowadays.

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2011, 10:47:49 AM »
I don't think there's any scientific evidence that supports the theory that tight trucks somehow make you ollie higher. It doesn't change the angle of your tail, so it couldn't make it snap faster. ? 

I think loose trucks actually give the feeling of more control because you're not having to fight the board, it leans when you want it to. You can carve and swerve in and out of tricks more naturally. Get some rhythym going. They call it "jazz", you should try it. See Gonz and BA. Swerve a little between tricks to re-establish your balance while looking steezy.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2011, 11:33:05 AM »
The only things that will help you ollie higher are "jumping higher" and "multiple attempts". That's it.

Bushing durometer, truck tightness, vulc/cupsole hybrid soles, holographic bracelets, skate-specific socks, etc. simply do not matter, and if you think they do, maybe it's that very mentality that is actually limiting your potential? 
You're an idiot. Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it untrue. The world must be very scary to you. Not to mention this is common knowledge to people who actually do skate. It's not like you'll get another foot to your ollie, but its a noticable difference.

Do you not understand energy efficiency? You see, when you snap the board, you put out a certain amount of energy. If you are on loose trucks, there is a lot more play in the left/right fulcrum of the board, so a considerable amount of energy is used on the left-right fulcrum instead of the front-rear fulcrum. When you are on tight trucks, the board has less play on the left-right fulcrum, making the energy you expel become more efficiently concentrated in snapping the tail down, instead of twisting left and right. This also is why newer, stiffer boards have more snap, less energy is wasted on the flexing of the board.

I'm sure you will laugh at this and respond with something stupid in an unwarranted arrogant tone, but I'm just explaining something you clearly don't understand, so just shut up and say thank you.

And to whoever said it, super tight trucks, skinny boards, and tiny ass wheels are great if you like doing tricks in a tiny little area that has perfect ground and nothing but a ledge and a manual pad, but fucking terrible if you like to actually skateboard. I seriously don't understand why somebody would get 50 mm wheels, tiny wheels make so many spots unskateable, and you can do anything you can do on small wheels on bigger ones. Truck tightness variation I get, but I see no advantage to riding anything under 56 mm.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -377
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2011, 12:12:02 PM »
You don't know what the fuck your talking about Reagan.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2011, 01:00:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
You're an idiot. Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it untrue. The world must be very scary to you. Not to mention this is common knowledge to people who actually do skate. It's not like you'll get another foot to your ollie, but its a noticable difference.

Do you not understand energy efficiency? You see, when you snap the board, you put out a certain amount of energy. If you are on loose trucks, there is a lot more play in the left/right fulcrum of the board, so a considerable amount of energy is used on the left-right fulcrum instead of the front-rear fulcrum. When you are on tight trucks, the board has less play on the left-right fulcrum, making the energy you expel become more efficiently concentrated in snapping the tail down, instead of twisting left and right. This also is why newer, stiffer boards have more snap, less energy is wasted on the flexing of the board.

I'm sure you will laugh at this and respond with something stupid in an unwarranted arrogant tone, but I'm just explaining something you clearly don't understand, so just shut up and say thank you.

And to whoever said it, super tight trucks, skinny boards, and tiny ass wheels are great if you like doing tricks in a tiny little area that has perfect ground and nothing but a ledge and a manual pad, but fucking terrible if you like to actually skateboard. I seriously don't understand why somebody would get 50 mm wheels, tiny wheels make so many spots unskateable, and you can do anything you can do on small wheels on bigger ones. Truck tightness variation I get, but I see no advantage to riding anything under 56 mm.

Agreeing with you twice in five minutes, what a fine day.  Well the first three paragraphs.

For me, and I'm speaking only for me, because in general the last paragraph should be true, but I have a timing issue on bigger wheels.  When riding 51's I can do flip tricks significantly easier than on 54's.  The amount of motion it takes to ollie and flip takes way more effort and concentration on bigger wheels, for me.  I can rifle off kickflips or whatever with barely a thought.  But I'm older and less flexible than I once was.  But in general bigger wheels are faster and way more fun and you should be able to adapt and not give a shit.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

sdscanz

• Rep: -3
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2011, 02:30:36 PM »
reagan just tried to bill nye the science guy skateboarding.
maybe if you spent more time ollieing and less time contemplating torsional fulcrums or whatever you'd ollie higher.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2011, 03:50:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

still waiting for the special highest ollie competition "no hanger-no baseplate-all in one" truck.

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2011, 03:52:06 PM »
Not to mention it's all bullshit.

Why would you expend energy to the left/right fulcrum? You focus it to the tail because at that point you are not turning, you are ollieing. That post ignored that one obvious thing, and the rest is blabbering. It would be true if people skated that way, but they don't. I once saw Julien Stranger in person, popping the most proper ollies ever on the crappiest, most razor tailed and chipped board ever and it had crazy loose trucks. Looked like a little kid's board that he tried to rock for 6 years. I'm sure there's lots of science that maintains he shouldn't be able to ollie that high (paging lil' Gipper), but somehow he does. Probably because Julien Stranger knows that ollieing is merely jumping and smacking the tail, and if you think too much about it, well, that might be your problem right there. I'm not quoting him, I'm guessing.

That kid's posts are great for this one quality - they often have major contridictions and hypocisy that for some reason he can't see but we can. Most of the time it's all in the same paragraph! I actually like spotting these, they're great. This one had the gem " I'm sure you will laugh at this and respond with something stupid in an unwarranted arrogant tone, but I'm just explaining something you clearly don't understand, so just shut up and say thank you..."

Thanks for that totally warranted and non-arrogant tone, there champ. Methinks this kid hates me, oh, a little bit too much. I think what probably set him off was someone quoted me for truth. Can't have that! That must have pushed his psycho chick button into overdrive. Talk about creepy! Think he's erected the candle/photo shrine yet?

Anyway, I can make it so easy to understand that even Chatty Cathy up there can (well, maybe) understand.

1. Watch Gonz's part in Video Days.

2. If you liked what you saw, ask yourself "Could he do that with tight trucks?"

3. If you didn't like what you saw, get the fuck out of skateboarding and kill yourself because you're killing me.

Whew, that was easy!

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2011, 03:55:03 PM »
^ i totally agree.
still calling a field testing on this one.
the idea of seeing mr.regan doing ollies over his friends decks with loose trucks and later on with tight trucks, just to
proof that he is right is too good for me.
i'm expecting a youtube video to drop soon.
this ain't rocket science, it's just skateboarding.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 03:58:36 PM by pica »

Ripped Laces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • Dude, this is america. There are idiots everywhere
    • Ripped Laces = Shoe reviews, product reviews & more avatar image
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2011, 07:40:17 PM »
I just broke another kingpin on my indys this week but I refuse to get thunders as a replacement but I was thinking of trying theeve trucks. i typically break about 1 kingpin a year and I'm the type to stick to a truck until there dead. I wanted to know if theeve are all around titanium, not just the axle or hanger, is the kingpin and base plate titanium too?

goldman

• Rep: -18
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2011, 08:00:07 PM »
loose: fun, turning, speed wobbles, penis.

Jonorhea

• Rep: -5
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2011, 08:13:45 PM »
the idea of a skateboarding forum is fucking hilarious.

HeshSesh

• Stop hating on me!!!
  • Rep: -65531
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2011, 08:29:33 PM »
the idea of a skateboarding forum is fucking hilarious.
awesome.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2011, 09:19:33 PM »
what are the benefits of an 10.5 sized shoe?

Jonorhea

• Rep: -5
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2011, 09:31:00 PM »
what are the benefits of an 10.5 sized shoe?
hahahhaa

ChildOfTheBurbs

• Rep: -65513
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2011, 09:38:17 PM »
Skating with washers and no top bushing you weenies!