Author Topic: Benefits of Tight Trucks VS. Loose Trucks  (Read 67282 times)

ChildoftheGhetto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Benefits of Tight Trucks VS. Loose Trucks
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2011, 09:40:45 PM »
I don't know why people do that. It feels like your kingpin can break at any second skating like that. You can get your trucks that loose and still have bushings.

Jonorhea

• Rep: -5
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2011, 09:58:19 PM »
Skating with washers and no top bushing you weenies!
are you kidding?

GISM

• Rep: 25
  • pariah
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2011, 10:10:26 PM »
No rubbers
Works for this guy

Skate Edge

• Rep: -36
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2011, 11:42:01 PM »
The better I get at skating, the looser I make my trucks.

I broke my leg skating, and pretty much didn't skate at all for 3 1/2 years.  When I started again, I wondered why I sucked so bad, and the reason was because my trucks were too tight.  I would periodically loosen my trucks, and every time I did it, it made skating easier. 

Turning is underrated. 

ChildOfTheBurbs

• Rep: -65513
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2011, 12:00:44 AM »
I get high off hearing the sound the washers make as my trucks wobble when I'm riding my board.  ;)

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2011, 02:12:59 AM »
Not to mention it's all bullshit.

Why would you expend energy to the left/right fulcrum? You focus it to the tail because at that point you are not turning, you are ollieing. That post ignored that one obvious thing, and the rest is blabbering. It would be true if people skated that way, but they don't. I once saw Julien Stranger in person, popping the most proper ollies ever on the crappiest, most razor tailed and chipped board ever and it had crazy loose trucks. Looked like a little kid's board that he tried to rock for 6 years. I'm sure there's lots of science that maintains he shouldn't be able to ollie that high (paging lil' Gipper), but somehow he does. Probably because Julien Stranger knows that ollieing is merely jumping and smacking the tail, and if you think too much about it, well, that might be your problem right there. I'm not quoting him, I'm guessing.

That kid's posts are great for this one quality - they often have major contridictions and hypocisy that for some reason he can't see but we can. Most of the time it's all in the same paragraph! I actually like spotting these, they're great. This one had the gem " I'm sure you will laugh at this and respond with something stupid in an unwarranted arrogant tone, but I'm just explaining something you clearly don't understand, so just shut up and say thank you..."

Thanks for that totally warranted and non-arrogant tone, there champ. Methinks this kid hates me, oh, a little bit too much. I think what probably set him off was someone quoted me for truth. Can't have that! That must have pushed his psycho chick button into overdrive. Talk about creepy! Think he's erected the candle/photo shrine yet?

Anyway, I can make it so easy to understand that even Chatty Cathy up there can (well, maybe) understand.

1. Watch Gonz's part in Video Days.

2. If you liked what you saw, ask yourself "Could he do that with tight trucks?"

3. If you didn't like what you saw, get the fuck out of skateboarding and kill yourself because you're killing me.

Whew, that was easy!

You are mentally regular.

clamy

« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2011, 04:24:15 AM »
Turning is underrated.? ? 

In a Thrasher, I think it was Marc Johnson, said "if you can't turn, you can't skate".

I also put some wax where wheelbite happens, been doing it for ages.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 04:34:39 AM by clamy »

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2011, 04:48:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Turning is underrated.? ? 
[close]

In a Thrasher, I think it was Marc Johnson, said "if you can't turn, you can't skate".

I also put some wax where wheelbite happens, been doing it for ages.

marc johnson is a wise man. with WAAAYY too few coverage in the last time.

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2011, 06:22:37 AM »
Expand Quote

Why would you expend energy to the left/right fulcrum? You focus it to the tail because at that point you are not turning, you are ollieing. That post ignored that one obvious thing, and the rest is blabbering. It would be true if people skated that way, but they don't. I once saw Julien Stranger in person, popping the most proper ollies ever on the crappiest, most razor tailed and chipped board ever and it had crazy loose trucks. Looked like a little kid's board that he tried to rock for 6 years. I'm sure there's lots of science that maintains he shouldn't be able to ollie that high (paging lil' Gipper), but somehow he does. Probably because Julien Stranger knows that ollieing is merely jumping and smacking the tail, and if you think too much about it, well, that might be your problem right there. I'm not quoting him, I'm guessing.

That kid's posts are great for this one quality - they often have major contridictions and hypocisy that for some reason he can't see but we can. Most of the time it's all in the same paragraph! I actually like spotting these, they're great. This one had the gem " I'm sure you will laugh at this and respond with something stupid in an unwarranted arrogant tone, but I'm just explaining something you clearly don't understand, so just shut up and say thank you..."

Thanks for that totally warranted and non-arrogant tone, there champ. Methinks this kid hates me, oh, a little bit too much. I think what probably set him off was someone quoted me for truth. Can't have that! That must have pushed his psycho chick button into overdrive. Talk about creepy! Think he's erected the candle/photo shrine yet?

Anyway, I can make it so easy to understand that even Chatty Cathy up there can (well, maybe) understand.

2. If you liked what you saw, ask yourself "Could he do that with tight trucks?"

3. If you didn't like what you saw, get the fuck out of skateboarding and kill yourself because you're killing me.

Whew, that was easy!

[close]

An unsolicited attack with no basis usually means I must have hurt you pretty bad some time in the past. That's just sad.

You're an ex-girlfriend, aren't you? You and Lil' Gipper wouldn't be the first to girls to bond over being rejected by me!

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2011, 06:32:46 AM »
i have for the last 10 plus years skated 7.5s, or 7.62s, with indys that are loose as fuck, i like it to find my "pocket" for 360 flip, and general skateboard riding.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2011, 07:44:50 AM »
i like them looser than average. i recently went a 3/4 turn tighter on both trucks after setting up a new board, though i keep my front a bit looser than my back truck. the stability helped me feel a lot better when landing anything that involves taking both feet off the board, and i can still turn fine.

...and though i think that it's common knowledge that tighter trucks will give you a bit more snap, the real difference is how you line up your feet/hips/shoulders. if you got the power lined up right, then your truck tension won't make or break an ollie.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2011, 08:09:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Whew, that was easy!

[close]

[close]

An unsolicited attack with no basis usually means I must have hurt you pretty bad some time in the past. That's just sad.

You're an ex-girlfriend, aren't you? You and Lil' Gipper wouldn't be the first to girls to bond over being rejected by me!

What's sad is your complete lack of understanding of the physical world. Nobody is coordinated enough that every time they apply force to the tail it is in a direction that is exactly perpendicular to the ground. Gipper already explained the rest of it, but all you could seem to reply with was "JULIEN STRANGER OLLIE HIGH WITH BAD BOARD". Of course some people are better at it than others, but that doesn't negate the small, but still obvious, inefficiency created by loose trucks. Please stop contributing to topics you don't understand.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 08:14:42 AM by Beer Keg Peg Leg »

Jonorhea

• Rep: -5
« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2011, 09:25:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Whew, that was easy!

[close]

[close]

[close]

"JULIEN STRANGER OLLIE HIGH WITH BAD BOARD".
hahahahahaha

very_undude

• Rep: 3
  • Shacked
« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2011, 01:55:49 PM »
there are benefits to tight trucks?
im in college, so yes im looking to buy a place

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2011, 03:38:14 PM »
My silver (i know...) bushings were messed up and made my truck loosen to the point o them coming apart so i had to learn to skate really tight, even thought i used to skate super loose. Now i've got some bones bushings i still ride it pretty tight and seem to tighten it a little every now and again, still scared they are coming apart haha.

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
tricks are for kids , style is forever

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2011, 08:59:41 AM »
Matt Rodriguez talks about loose trucks
was it just me, or did the nose and tail of his board look super square in that video?
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

pica

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2011, 09:07:35 AM »
was it just me, or did the nose and tail of his board look super square in that video?
nope, i was thinking the same.
wanted to make a post about his earlier, didn't found it mention worth, just to mention it anyway.

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2011, 10:23:35 AM »

Found the actual quote - "Bushings are the most important part of the board. If you can't turn, you can't skate."

Kab

• Rep: -38
« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2011, 11:54:23 AM »
I skate mine about as loose as I can get them. I actually have two busted bushings right now but I'm scared to replace them because I know I won't be able to get them loose enough. The WORST feeling on a skateboard is having trucks you can't fucking turn with, I feel like I'm gonna fall off the board if my trucks aren't right.

I need to either find some real soft bushings or go the Daewon route and start shaving my bushings down a bit so I can have the nut fully on but still have them loose to my liking.
Down by the river...

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2011, 12:02:13 PM »
That is one of his pro models it has a square nose.

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2011, 02:05:46 PM »
I got my first board when I was in grade 6 and scooted around my neighbourhood with a departments store piece of crap.  When I got my first pro model board, everyone kept saying that all the good skaters had tight trucks (this probably first came about because a) it was 88 and b) ramp skating was the shit back then).  I wanted to be a good skater so I cranked them down.  Totally sucked.  Went back to a tightness I was comfortable with.

Now, almost 23 years later, I like my indy's somewhat loose.  Pretty much 1 or 1.5 full twists tighter from stock, orange bushings.

Everyone has a tightness they are comfortable with.

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #112 on: June 28, 2011, 02:29:16 PM »
i would like to move my bushings over but i'm just not looking forward to changing up my trucks at all. i have such a comfortable ride right now and i got a crooked grind groove that i'm pretty sure i can't crook without

pica

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2011, 03:25:44 PM »
i would like to move my bushings over but i'm just not looking forward to changing up my trucks at all. i have such a comfortable ride right now and i got a crooked grind groove that i'm pretty sure i can't crook without

are you gonna post your "og slap grinded to the axle - truck" in any thread from now on?

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2011, 07:04:44 PM »
I skate in a completely straight line.  Tight as fuck is the way.  Crank dat.  Tranny is for fags anyway.  The only kickturning I do is on flat to get to the next obstacle.

Seriously though, I skate theeves without tightening or loosening so I guess that's medium.  I still wheelbite, but I don't have to ticktack and I can ride bowls.  Win win.

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2011, 11:36:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
are you gonna post your "og slap grinded to the axle - truck" in any thread from now on?

you following my posts? i didn't know i had a fan base.

JustHeshingAround

• Rep: -43
  • Lurk with me
    • Mostly Skating: A Blog By Jay avatar image
« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2011, 12:08:14 PM »
I ride em tight, speed wobbles can suck my dick, besides, I dont need to bring a tool to tighten when I bomb a hill
All Hail Gnardiel

pica

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2011, 12:10:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

you following my posts? i didn't know i had a fan base.
it ain't a fan base. it's an control organisation.

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #118 on: June 29, 2011, 01:45:40 PM »
I ride em tight, speed wobbles can suck my dick, besides, I dont need to bring a tool to tighten when I bomb a hill
you tighten your trucks before you bomb a hill?

JustHeshingAround

• Rep: -43
  • Lurk with me
    • Mostly Skating: A Blog By Jay avatar image
« Reply #119 on: June 29, 2011, 01:49:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
you tighten your trucks before you bomb a hill?
not me, I keep them tight, but I know about people who do because they keep theirs super loose
All Hail Gnardiel