Author Topic: Charlotte/Asheville  (Read 659 times)

SqueezeThePulp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
Charlotte/Asheville
« on: March 02, 2013, 11:44:49 AM »
Two homies and I are taking a little road trip to Charlotte and Asheville next week (march 4-7), and apparently it's going to be raining two out of the three days we're planning on skating. We had planned on skating charlotte for two days, than asheville the last day. If anyone could help us out with info for dry spots, parks, etc. that would be great. I'm not sure if the Saturday warehouse is open to the public or not. I'm pretty bummed about the rain, but hopefully we're still going through with the trip. Also If anyone knows the whereabouts of this spot:

It would be much appreciated. Cheers.

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
Re: Charlotte/Asheville
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 11:52:44 AM »
The spot you just posted is in Winston-Salem.

SqueezeThePulp

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 12:43:48 PM »
The spot you just posted is in Winston-Salem.
I figured, but I wasn't sure.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 04:55:09 PM »
charlotte you say? hit me up! i work at Black Sheep. ill be there all day on those days but i get off work at 7. the saturday warehouse is only open like wednesday, friday and saturday unfortunately. there are 3 indoor parks in the greater charlotte area, all about 15-20 mins from downtown. Revert Skate Park in Rock Hill SC, Soul Ride Skatepark in Concord NC, and Get a Grip Skatepark in Huntersville NC. They are all decent for indoor parks. CharlotteSkate.com has a map with tons of spots on it. if you wanna drink beer I got you too. Monday night theres a spot called Growlers with a decent scene of skaters/hipsters/girls and $1 PBR. Tuesday not much going on but my local bar Elizabeth Billiards is always a safe bet, 4 free pool tables and some darts and cheap beer. Wednesday is fun, skate session at the Saturday warehouse and then a spot down the road called Twenty Two has $1 beers and is also right across from EBs which I just mentioned.

swing by the shop and say hi, i can always help. we have some great street spots too, the weekdays are kinda tough though with the bust factor. there are a couple foundation spots I can guide you too (also on the Spot Map on Charlotteskate.com)

SqueezeThePulp

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 01:01:14 PM »
charlotte you say? hit me up! i work at Black Sheep. ill be there all day on those days but i get off work at 7. the saturday warehouse is only open like wednesday, friday and saturday unfortunately. there are 3 indoor parks in the greater charlotte area, all about 15-20 mins from downtown. Revert Skate Park in Rock Hill SC, Soul Ride Skatepark in Concord NC, and Get a Grip Skatepark in Huntersville NC. They are all decent for indoor parks. CharlotteSkate.com has a map with tons of spots on it. if you wanna drink beer I got you too. Monday night theres a spot called Growlers with a decent scene of skaters/hipsters/girls and $1 PBR. Tuesday not much going on but my local bar Elizabeth Billiards is always a safe bet, 4 free pool tables and some darts and cheap beer. Wednesday is fun, skate session at the Saturday warehouse and then a spot down the road called Twenty Two has $1 beers and is also right across from EBs which I just mentioned.

swing by the shop and say hi, i can always help. we have some great street spots too, the weekdays are kinda tough though with the bust factor. there are a couple foundation spots I can guide you too (also on the Spot Map on Charlotteskate.com)
Thanks for the help man! Yeah we're planning on hitting up black sheep, I'll say what up. Hopefully we dont get rained out.