Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises  (Read 33164 times)

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises
« Reply #270 on: August 21, 2012, 12:25:44 PM »
saw it. it wasn't perfect but i liked it. it is after all batman and nolan did better than anyone else would at this time with it. i was bothered most by the pussy shitty cop charter and introducing that one lady as the main villian. would have preferred it stay bane but whatever, it was way better than most comic book movies.

i do find it funny that people are complaining about the spoon feeding here but that i was alone in that complaint in the inception thread. they beat dead horses for way longer in that stinker but i agree that nolan has lost steam and it feels like it's because he's pandering to the lowest common denominator in his audience.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #271 on: August 21, 2012, 03:56:17 PM »
I have nothing new to add but I'll say it anyways, it was great, no dark knight obviously.too many insane leaps from realism to absurd shit and back. I felt like anne hathaway was emulating michelle pfeiffer(sp) more than being her own character.when she's first shown she was all meek and I thoutht that was way hotter and interesting than just sass.bane was great, was lame how he died.but really nothing would have been satisfying while tieing into the theme of the series.the imax was unbelievable, I missed a few scenes just looking at skin, bane's ecu was the best thing in the movie.also the exchange on the plane 'well we caught u bain, wuts ur next move/''crashing the plane, with Nooo survviivorz' was so terrible and funny.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 514
« Reply #272 on: August 21, 2012, 08:43:11 PM »
I have nothing new to add but I'll say it anyways, it was great, no dark knight obviously.too many insane leaps from realism to absurd shit and back. I felt like anne hathaway was emulating michelle pfeiffer(sp) more than being her own character.when she's first shown she was all meek and I thoutht that was way hotter and interesting than just sass.bane was great, was lame how he died.but really nothing would have been satisfying while tieing into the theme of the series.the imax was unbelievable, I missed a few scenes just looking at skin, bane's ecu was the best thing in the movie.also the exchange on the plane 'well we caught u bain, wuts ur next move/''crashing the plane, with Nooo survviivorz' was so terrible and funny.

She didn't emulate her in any way; they both had entirely different motives and Anne's Catwoman was already an established badass while Michelle's had to be built from the ground up.

Also, aside, I wish they showed Wayne Tower in the movies beyond Batman Begins. In The Dark Knight it still felt like Gotham was a unique city. But in TDKR, all the bird's eye view city shots threw the guise entirely off and made Gotham all but disappear and replaced with Manhattan.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

dude

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #273 on: August 21, 2012, 09:59:01 PM »
I absolutely loved the prologue, probably one of the best scenes in the film. 5:54 made me laugh so hard.

The Dark Knight Rises Prologue

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #274 on: August 21, 2012, 10:54:54 PM »
Also, aside, I wish they showed Wayne Tower in the movies beyond Batman Begins. In The Dark Knight it still felt like Gotham was a unique city. But in TDKR, all the bird's eye view city shots threw the guise entirely off and made Gotham all but disappear and replaced with Manhattan.

I agree. The fact that this film had a lot more day shots than the other two contributed too.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #275 on: August 21, 2012, 11:45:57 PM »
I absolutely loved the prologue, probably one of the best scenes in the film. 5:54 made me laugh so hard.

The Dark Knight Rises Prologue

hahahaha holy shit. Did not know what to expect, that was hilarious

Reminds me of this

Drunk Idiot Gets Knocked Out With Baseball Bat For Attacking Peoples Cars

@ 1:00

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #276 on: August 22, 2012, 07:54:24 PM »