Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 18233 times)

friendly dave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2011, 03:08:56 PM »
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

illmatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • g'd up from the feet up
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2011, 10:38:38 AM »
How to steal in Skyrim
that's so ballin!

right now i'm do stuff for the college of winterhold...it's far north of whiterun and takes forever to go back and forth!
ugh, thanks rupert, I have been looking for the adio myspace website for quite some time...

SecretShake

• Rep: -1
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2011, 03:36:30 PM »
Expand Quote
that's so ballin!

right now i'm do stuff for the college of winterhold...it's far north of whiterun and takes forever to go back and forth!

fast travel?

skyrim is fucking unreal, it started off slow but after doing some exploring and joining that guild in whiterun the game's really opened up.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2011, 01:00:50 PM »
fuck. it's sitting at home and i'm doing schoolwork while listening to game of thrones audiobooks. it needs to be thanksgiving already.

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2011, 01:18:28 PM »
What kind of character have you guys made? All about that dark elf mage who frequently uses a two handed sword because I always lose mage vs mage. I've never been a full fledged mage and it's still hard as fuck. I always thought having a keyboard full of spell hotkeys was terrible but I now see the benefit when you only have two readily available without some menu (I'm on a xbox).

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2011, 01:29:57 PM »
nord with sword, shield and bow. keeping it pretty vanilla first run through.

illmatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • g'd up from the feet up
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2011, 03:17:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
that's so ballin!

[close]

fast travel?

skyrim is fucking unreal, it started off slow but after doing some exploring and joining that guild in whiterun the game's really opened up.

yeah i'm an elder scrolls noob...i felt dumb when i finally figured out i could fast travel...this game is sooo dope.
ugh, thanks rupert, I have been looking for the adio myspace website for quite some time...

thugnificent

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2011, 03:52:46 PM »
im an argonian but i only played for an hour then my computer crashed and its been in the shop all weekend FUCK

PFIASB.

• Rep: -94
  • Formerly elmo
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2011, 04:38:53 PM »
i joined theives guild and have 50 archery so far.
people like you are the people who ruin skateboarding and slap 2g

FiftyScent

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2011, 05:18:34 PM »
ive clocked in like 26 hours already lol!

level 20 redguard whos pretty good at all around combat with my main options being one handed (sometimes dual wield) destruction magic and archery. uses alot of stealth too. i like how archery doesnt completely suck this time and it doesnt take 50 arrows to kill someone, theyre much more useful & stealth shots usually end up ina kill or super low health. ive beaten the college of winterhold & companions quests, and am about halfway through the main quest.

if you wanna get your smithing skill up pretty quick buy/steal (smith in solitude has a ton of iron in the shop) some iron ignot and leather strips.and just spam the create iron dagger. making shit all gives you the same relative exp so just keep making a ton of shitty daggers. you might not get a profit out of it but youll get that skill up realllly quick. smithings my highest skill right now at 63 and it didnt get past 30 before i was at level 12. plus it helps boost your overall level as well. i like how you dont have to repair shit but you can still upgrade it

i reallllllllllllly wish i could play this on pc. the mods for oblivion and fallout were ridiculous and added so much more to the game, so the ones that will come out on skyrim will be amazing. unfortunately my pc most likely cant handle this graphical masterpiece so my ps3 will have to do. still an EXCELLENT game. starts off a lil slow but once your character levels up out of his lil bitch phase its amazing. ive played ALL weekend and im playing now but im pissed that i got a couple papers due & a new job as well. this game is everything it was expected to be, fucking GNAR. bethesda really refined the game this time around, it only makes me that much more excited for fallout 4, whenever that ever comes out.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 06:04:08 PM by FiftyScent »

WhackAsFuck

• Rep: -30
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2011, 10:12:43 AM »
running in full crispiness PC ultra graphics, shits blowing my mind, just killed my first giant and looted him for a flawless ruby

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2011, 12:31:00 PM »
lvl 17 sneaky thiefy fucker here.  Got up to the kill the first dragon part of the main quest and since then just done a couple of thieves guild quests and started on the dark brotherhood one (where the fuck is south pinewood forest/pinewood cave?  I've not explored anywhere down south yet). 

Mainly been just cleaning out the caves/dungeons as I find them, and any misc quests I come across as I travel about

Getting eagle eye makes archery sweet, esp if teamed with the sneaky archery bonuses.  Almost at the 15 x dagger damage from stealth perk which will be op

thugnificent

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2011, 01:37:07 PM »
im an argonian archer levl 7 now. do you just switch to dagger for close combat? i've been using a random axe as my secondary so far, bows are rad

grayham

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65
  • OMG TMI ;-)
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2011, 03:50:46 PM »
i heard this game is cool
8===D ~~~~ O-:

cat litter

• Rep: 7
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2011, 12:20:47 PM »
my dude looks like an inbred leonidas, thinking of starting over as something else though

this game is a little harder, without that shield hit move i dont think i could survive
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 02:01:10 PM by cat litter »

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2011, 02:43:55 PM »
Are you using a follower? Makes things way easier.

I've really been enjoying this, moreso than the Fallout games. Just been sneaking around with the bow stealth killing fuckers, anything that doesn't go down easy just ends up fighting close quarters with that Lydia chick from Whiterun while I sit back and finish it with arrows.

SecretShake

• Rep: -1
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2011, 07:33:49 AM »
i had to sell this game literally because it's like crack and i couldn't stop playing it for 3 days straight. 13 hours in one sitting. i felt like death afterwards, it felt like my eyes had gonorrhoea and i gathered the courage to just sell it back to the store. ridiculous, i'm not even into video games that much.

just bought some new gravis filters with the money though so i feel fully recovered and ready to get stuck back into real life.

saying that though, the game is far beyond anything i've played before, amazing. i'll be picking it up another time when it's cheaper.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 07:36:02 AM by SecretShake »

steenz

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2011, 09:52:54 AM »
wow i must get this

FiftyScent

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2011, 12:33:59 PM »
i had to sell this game literally because it's like crack and i couldn't stop playing it for 3 days straight. 13 hours in one sitting. i felt like death afterwards, it felt like my eyes had gonorrhoea and i gathered the courage to just sell it back to the store. ridiculous, i'm not even into video games that much.

just bought some new gravis filters with the money though so i feel fully recovered and ready to get stuck back into real life.

saying that though, the game is far beyond anything i've played before, amazing. i'll be picking it up another time when it's cheaper.

forreal this game is super addicting. i rented it friday & have already clocked in 47 hours on it. i had all weekend to play so that was a majority of the time spent but im about to go take it back today, i got too much shit goin on in real life to have this game sitting in my console waiting for me to play it.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2011, 08:15:31 AM »
wow is it really that bad that you guys are taking it back hahaha show some self control dammit!

but for reals, I'm waiting for xmas to get this so I will at least have a week off to pile out.

FiftyScent

« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2011, 08:46:18 AM »
wow is it really that bad that you guys are taking it back hahaha show some self control dammit!

but for reals, I'm waiting for xmas to get this so I will at least have a week off to pile out.

shits addicting! like i said, 47 hours in 5 days. i was hooked on that shit!

took it back yesterday but i still finished the main quest along with the college of winterhold, companions guild, & imperial legion questlines as well. did a few side missions as well but i already know that it was only a small fraction. would've gotten started on the theifs guild & dark brotherhood ones but i gotta restrain myself lol. my character was on lvl 25. that shit had me on straight geek status my nigga

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2011, 08:49:07 AM »
I sold MW3 to get this game.

I just got it this morning and have played about 5 hours. I've mainly been running around exploring and killing random things.
So fucking fun.

I loved the Fallout games but wasn't really into Oblivion. This game is such an  improvement though.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2011, 08:10:32 AM »
Just watched some clips of this game. It looks beautiful. But the battles seem a bit slow or something.

But for most people this game seems to be like heroin.
What are the objectives of this game? I'm not familiar with this kind of game.
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

cat litter

• Rep: 7
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2011, 08:27:35 AM »
^Well for me the goal is to get cool looking shit and kill people for a long time.

And when its all over it feels like a waste of time. Fun while you're in it though.

FiftyScent

« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2011, 08:34:43 AM »
Just watched some clips of this game. It looks beautiful. But the battles seem a bit slow or something.

But for most people this game seems to be like heroin.
What are the objectives of this game? I'm not familiar with this kind of game.

its a true open world rpg. from the lil opening mission you can go off and do whatever you want. theres the main quest, mages, thieves, and fighters guild questlines, the dark brotherhood (assassin) questline, and an imperial legion questline. Plus the plethora of smaller side quests within all the cities & settlements. combat isnt A+ material but its still definitely fun. swords, axes, hammers, bows, & magic. you can dual wield too like having a sword in one hand a spell in the other. or 2 spells, 2 weapons, a sword&shield, etc. you can specialize in different things depending on how you play. you dont "choose" your class and specialized skills but you gain experience for whatever it is you do. the world is HUGE and all the people within it make it seem real as well

basically, if you want to get lost ina fantasy world with gorgeous graphics & great storylines along with total character freedom & customization, then this game is for you. oblivion was one of my favorite games ever and skyrim is now up there as well. i been waitin for this shit for years and it was fucking great. def. getting it for christmas seeing as how i spent 45+ hours ona 5 day rental lol its fucking good breh

thugnificent

« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2011, 10:54:16 AM »
ive also put in about 45 hours in 5 days, fuckin beast mode. i am now the leader of the thieves guild and i have a house with a main bitch, and a side bitch

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2011, 05:39:47 PM »
Man you get side tracked so easily in this game. I turned it on today with the intention of doing one of the main quests. 6 hours later I still haven?t done it.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2011, 06:41:00 PM »
I gave into impulse and bought the game after class today. The hours went by in a blink. I haven't done a single main quest since the intro bit. God damn.

I've got a paper due on Monday that I've barely started, this was a fucking irresponsible purchase.

I'm playing it pretty simple so far. My character is basically just a tank with a two handed sword.

What's really sick is the soundtrack, the music's amazing in this game.

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2011, 07:34:45 PM »

brownjenkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2011, 09:25:47 PM »
I planned on picking this up at the end of the month with the hopes of throwing myself into a game as the cold weather hits and saving some cash in the end. Now you guys got me scared of the terrible monster I'm likely to become. Probably best for me to just keep spending my money on beer and drugs.

*ilied.jpg*

I actually can't wait to become a terrible monster.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 09:33:08 PM by brownjenkin »