Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 18237 times)

landCow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2011, 11:07:58 PM »
I am a dark elf who will one day be a badass mage. anyone know any awesome spells and where/how to get them?

The game is honestly overwhelming with all there is to do! seriously the quests keep piling up and i dont do them because i keep getting distracted by things. I keep finding caves and would rather explore them before i move on. hours later I've been through 3 caves and my missions are still there aching for me to do them.

Just this afternoon I was distracted by fishing! fishing for fucks sake! I jumped into a river and saw some fish cruising around and spent an embarrassing amount of time catching them. Then i caught butterflies for a while. what do they do? i dont know but i'm sure it will be great.

I like to piss of giants. even though they send me flying 100 feet into the air. shits funny. seriously fight a giant but save before hand.

FiftyScent

« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2011, 04:30:27 AM »
I am a dark elf who will one day be a badass mage. anyone know any awesome spells and where/how to get them?

I like to piss of giants. even though they send me flying 100 feet into the air. shits funny. seriously fight a giant but save before hand.

you can buy spells from the mage in each of the towns castles. just looked for a hooded-robed person in any of the town castles.

giants are great. i once encountered a dragon who happened to piss off a giant who was near me as well so i had to deal with both of em at the same time. it was one of those epic ass battles i just happened to find myself in while on my to get somewhere. before you learn a certain shout dragons are hard as fuck to take down. i once had to keep reloading this fight with a frost dragon that just kept pwning me for a good half hour

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2011, 02:00:17 PM »
This game is amazing.

I was a fan of the fallout series, never played Elder Scrolls. This is such an addicting game. I do the exact same shit that landCow does, Ill be on a main quest and meander into some cave for an hour getting mad gold and potions

Can someone explain Alchemy to me, and also "Enchanting" weapons?

I only started a few days ago maybe I haven't unlocked it. Im level 7, just got Archery to level 30

thugnificent

« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2011, 03:39:20 PM »
you can get magical shit like swords or armor that have an enchantment on them like 10 magika damage or anything then you can disenchant it, then you have learned that skill, which you can place on other items, by enchanting them

FiftyScent

« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2011, 03:48:43 PM »
This game is amazing.

I was a fan of the fallout series, never played Elder Scrolls. This is such an addicting game. I do the exact same shit that landCow does, Ill be on a main quest and meander into some cave for an hour getting mad gold and potions

Can someone explain Alchemy to me, and also "Enchanting" weapons?

I only started a few days ago maybe I haven't unlocked it. Im level 7, just got Archery to level 30

and alchemy is getting plants n shit to make potions&poisons. both skills i didnt really fuck with, cuz i just use health & magicka potions and find pretty good enchanted armor on my own. the "craft" skill that i specialized in was smithing, just cuz the boosts that can be made to weapons and armor with just an ignot or two is great. and its easy as fuck to level up if you can steal or get the gold.

i didnt really mess with bow/arrows in oblivion, but they really made them useful in skyrim. i think my archery only got up to like 25 cuz i mostly use swords then magic, but with a great bow & decent arrows i can make that shit work. especially stealth kills, THATS my shit right there. lol

my characters basically an all-around combat build. mostly swords & destruction magic, stealth & bows anytime im ina cave or whatever, and a slightly above novice level restoration skill in case of emergencies. you know i keep dem potions on deck as well. cuz some of those frost dragons be on that bull.

fuck im geeked over this shit. i might just rent it again tonight if i can lol

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2011, 03:59:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

before you learn a certain shout dragons are hard as fuck to take down.

The fuck shout is this? If I ever try to shout a dragon they resist, which is fine because I can usually handle them alright.

frisco, you should spend some time enchanting. I slowly figured it out myself, but I've gotten it to level 75 and I think I understand it now. But what you should try to do is at the enchanting table, disenchant an item you don't really want instead of selling it. You then start enchanting shitty items, like iron daggers, which you can smith super fast and raise that skill as well. That raises the price of said item, and you can now sell them for far greater. You need soul gems, which you can buy, but you should come up on plenty through your travels. Once you start getting good soul gems and enchantmentss and items, you can make real good weapons. And I figured out that the power of the enchantment depends on your skill level and the gem you use. So even if it says "Cause 10 points of fire damage..." if you have a high level and say a grand soul gem the power will be much higher when you apply it to the item. Big speech but that's about the gist of it, if you want some more info about it pm me.

The only benefit to having a broken foot is not feeling as bad wasting so much time on this game. Embracing the nerd inside.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 04:03:03 PM by lem »

FiftyScent

« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2011, 04:22:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

before you learn a certain shout dragons are hard as fuck to take down.

[close]

The fuck shout is this? If I ever try to shout a dragon they resist, which is fine because I can usually handle them alright.

frisco, you should spend some time enchanting. I slowly figured it out myself, but I've gotten it to level 75 and I think I understand it now. But what you should try to do is at the enchanting table, disenchant an item you don't really want instead of selling it. You then start enchanting shitty items, like iron daggers, which you can smith super fast and raise that skill as well. That raises the price of said item, and you can now sell them for far greater. You need soul gems, which you can buy, but you should come up on plenty through your travels. Once you start getting good soul gems and enchantmentss and items, you can make real good weapons. And I figured out that the power of the enchantment depends on your skill level and the gem you use. So even if it says "Cause 10 points of fire damage..." if you have a high level and say a grand soul gem the power will be much higher when you apply it to the item. Big speech but that's about the gist of it, if you want some more info about it pm me.

The only benefit to having a broken foot is not feeling as bad wasting so much time on this game. Embracing the nerd inside.

dont wanna be lame and be all *SPOILER ALERT* but

its apart of the main quest where you learn a shout called dragonrend that makes the dragons come down on the ground for a certain amount of time. usually enough time to kill it if you can deal enough damage. i usually bust out 2 swords and go to work on the wings. ive noticed that the 3rd person view is alot better for fighting dragons on the ground as well.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 10:22:56 PM by FiftyScent »

landCow

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2011, 04:41:06 PM »
awesome so i'll get this shout as the game progresses. so far dragons have been tough! and the only way i have killed them is when i had a companion. Oh except the last one, the dragon decided i wasn't worth its time and attacked a mammoth which allowed me to beat the shit out of it while it was busy fighting. stuff like that is why the game is so great. animals and creatures do their own thing, its not all about your character.

I just completed a quest given to me by a kid to kill an old woman who runs an orphanage. I thought that was pretty brutal haha but i was down to do it. turned out she was a bitch so i set her on fire.  I spoke to her first and there were three speech options. I saved and played out all three out of curiosity. In no other game would i do such a thing!

RonBalone

• Rep: -21
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2011, 08:37:09 PM »
lol ppl still rent video games?

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2011, 07:31:25 PM »

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2011, 02:59:18 PM »
should i join or destroy the dark brotherhood? is the story worthwhile?

thugnificent

« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2011, 06:29:23 PM »
join, then destroy

lem

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2011, 01:34:44 AM »
Trying to finish off some side quests I never got around to, I got a bunch of materials for iron daggers. Ended up smithing close to 50, which I then used to get 100 enchanting. Then I had high enough smithing for glass armor, so I spent nearly three hours figuring out what I needed, how I can enchant things (now that I could put two of them on one item), and finally making everything. Glass is the coolest looking shit. I ended up making a greatsword with 78 damage plus 37 fire and 37 shock damage. Fuckers best watch out, they'll be dead on arrival.

Fuck I need a social life.

FiftyScent

« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2011, 03:09:17 AM »
Trying to finish off some side quests I never got around to, I got a bunch of materials for iron daggers. Ended up smithing close to 50, which I then used to get 100 enchanting. Then I had high enough smithing for glass armor, so I spent nearly three hours figuring out what I needed, how I can enchant things (now that I could put two of them on one item), and finally making everything. Glass is the coolest looking shit. I ended up making a greatsword with 78 damage plus 37 fire and 37 shock damage. Fuckers best watch out, they'll be dead on arrival.

holy shit thats dope! howd you get your enchanting up so high? i did that same shit with the daggers and my smithings at 86. i made a whole glass armor set along with a sword,shield, and bow. i dont use heavy armor but the ebony, daedric, and dragonplate armor are all sick as fuck too.

also with that high of an enchantment skill can you make armor that does shit like +100% magicka regeneration? or anything along those lines like that? i have one of those dragon priest masks that does the same thing, id be dope to put an enchantment like that on all pieces of your armor. unlimited spells!

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2011, 09:39:11 PM »
Just did all the Dark Brotherhood stuff, stoked on all the great sneaking gear. Thinking it might be time to level up my enchanting now since I'm level 28 and I've only been getting perks from archery, light armour, sneaking and smithing. But I think my smithing is at 86 or so, going to have to finish that off and finally get some dragonscale shit.

Game is too addicting.

lem

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2011, 10:01:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

holy shit thats dope! howd you get your enchanting up so high? i did that same shit with the daggers and my smithings at 86. i made a whole glass armor set along with a sword,shield, and bow. i dont use heavy armor but the ebony, daedric, and dragonplate armor are all sick as fuck too.

also with that high of an enchantment skill can you make armor that does shit like +100% magicka regeneration? or anything along those lines like that? i have one of those dragon priest masks that does the same thing, id be dope to put an enchantment like that on all pieces of your armor. unlimited spells!
Probably 75% iron daggers or leather bracers I made and then random drops from people if the item was easy money after enchanting. And I just grabbed every single soul gem I ever saw. Having soul trap in some form to fill the gems. I think the max % I can put on something for magic regen is 50%, but I heard people have "broke" the game by taking fortify enchant (fe) and an enchanting boost potion, using the potion, enchanting something with fe, wearing that gear, and doing the process over and over so you create gear more and more powerful as you go. Same with smithing. People have made weapons with 1000+ damage. Almost two weeks into the game and people have found ridiculous glitches.

EDIT: I just looked on the wiki and found something about it.
Using Alchemy to create potions of "Fortify Enchanting" allows the player to create stronger enchantments of "Fortify Alchemy". The player can now create a stronger potion of "Fortify Enchanting" and so on building on each other. The max skill level is 623 for Fortified skills using this loop. Initially the player can make a set of four items of +25% alchemy skill. This allows for a potion to be brewed with 5/5 Alchemist and Benefactor that increases enchanting skill by 30%. That potion can then be sued to make +28% skill increasing gear that allows for a potion of +32%. Here the chain stops as with the 32% fortify enchanting potion you can only make +29% fortify alchemy gear; which does not allow for a stronger potion to be brewed.
EDITEDIT: An actual tutorial on how to do it. In the description he stated his damage is over 900.
Skyrim Enchanting guide HD
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 10:24:32 PM by lem »

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2011, 05:08:34 AM »
Fuck fuck fuck I am a Vampire. The worst thing about it is I didnt go and fix it before 5 days so Im now categorized as stage 4. Any person who sees you will instantly attack you. It has some cool stuff, but ultimately its annoying as fuck, every place I go I just get rushed by 8-10 people trying to kill me

I looked it up and theres this quest where you go to some bar and ask "what are the rumours" they give you another quest to go to some place and talk to some healer to give you a dark gem soul power or something, I got the quest started, was on my way and right before I went into this guys house I was transformed into the stage 4 vampire, instantly killed by 6 people. I went back to an auto save and tried again but im frantically trying to beat the clock to get to this dudes house before turning.

Its fucking bullshit, I was so pissed off I turned off the game. Then I was reading on forums that to regress from stage 4 you need to sneak into some town at night, use this invisibility you unlock once you become stage 4 then drink some villagers blood and you should be good. Sure enough, roll into town, go invisible, instantly killed by 4 dudes with arrows once again.

Need to try again tomorrow

If you have become a vampire and you want to get anything done in this game. GET RID OF THAT SHIT QUICK

Ive read all these forums and people are like "Oh its so awesome youre immune to frost attacks and you can see well at night" I dont understand how they can do fuck all if anytime they run into someone they are instantly attacked.

Just the fact that shit like this can happen in an already massive game is really cool though, as frustrating as its been.

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2011, 08:59:25 AM »

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2011, 09:55:46 AM »
Its true thats the case, what I failed to read anywhere was your armour makes a shit ton of noise and will always wake up the person, I kept thinking it was my follower or my Invisibility wasn't working. Its not worth it in my mind and if I ever start to become one again im taking care of that shit right away. Either way, its been a tedious fucking ordeal. Sidetracked me about 5 hours after it all gets settled.

Fuck. Even when I procrastinate in a video game there are consequences.

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2011, 11:43:15 AM »
fuck, i'm in no ways a gamer, but this thread has straight up made me want this game.
Fuckin 40 pounds though, can't bring myself to buy it

I also wish I could pause the world could so I could nerd out rimming for a week guilt-free (n/h)

FiftyScent

« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2011, 01:16:18 PM »
fuck, i'm in no ways a gamer, but this thread has straight up made me want this game.
Fuckin 40 pounds though, can't bring myself to buy it

I also wish I could pause the world could so I could nerd out rimming for a week guilt-free (n/h)

rent that bitch for a weekend n go ham!

i rented for 5 days since the release and clocked in around 40 hours. then i redboxed that shit for 3 days a few days after taking it back the first time. clocked in around 65 hours. im done with this shit. ive done every questline except the thieves guild and a ton of side quests. this game is the shit. period. i only say im done cuz ive already spent so much time on it i gotta get on some real life shit now. definitely on the christmas list. i wish i hadda good enough pc to play this, even on low resolution graphics cuz im sure that this game with mods is probably the best RPG experience you can get right now

and to the guy talking about vampirism i know exactly how ya feel. i was on that same shit a few years ago in oblivion, and really didnt know shit about the game at the time either. i was stuck with low health outside during the day next to someones house so id either burn within 5 seconds or have to go inside and murder a couple people n feed, then run away with my bounty and do all that other shit to get a cure. i remember i was renting that as well at the time and sent it back pissed. i ended up buying it a couple months later, curing it, then went on to clock 100+ hours on that shit. bethesda knows how to make some bomb ass games
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 01:20:47 PM by FiftyScent »

lem

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2011, 09:51:42 PM »
So you were around 105 hours with every questline done minus thieves and a handful of side quests? Fuck man, I'm right at 105 hours and I've completed maybe three town questlines, the mage guild, and I'm close to done with the thieves guild and companions. I'm playing this game so damn slow. I've BARELY touched on the west areas too. I didn't even get to Solitude until 80 hours in. At this rate I'll have hundreds of hours logged before I get to where you got. Social life be damned, I'm stoked on that. Bringing my xbox home for my six week winter break = hermit life.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2011, 03:52:02 PM »
Im levelling up really slow in this game, Im at 22 about 40 hours in, Ive done all the dagger making stuff and my Smithing is almost 100 but the rest of my stuff is still in the 20s and 30s minus archery and one-handed

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2011, 03:55:29 PM »
i had to stop playing this shit last week so i could finish my schoolwork up for the semester.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2011, 05:58:24 PM »
I kind of want to start a new game, but with the amount of saves each character racks up it's too much hassle. I'm level 28 or so with my stealthy archer character and I'm feeling like that shit is way too easy. Thieves Guild boots, something like +45% damage with bows (before the +80% from perks), x3 damage from sneak attacks, nothing puts up much of a fight any more and if they do it's all too easy to just backtrack a bit and sneak up on them again. I guess I could just start using swords for the fuck of it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 05:59:57 PM by Mooley »

landCow

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2011, 08:21:22 PM »
i hear ya. i'm only level 18 and its becoming to easy. I have magic coming out my ass, nothing can stop me. even dragons are a piece of cake now. I did the winterhold college missions, became the arch mage and scored a couple of 100% magic regenerate items. as well as rings and amulets i picked up along the way which reduce the magic used for spells. plus a ton of destruction magic perks and i can set things on fire for days.

my enemies are dropping like flies and i kind of want to start again for a challenge but on the other hand i want more POWER! i want to be super saiyan 4.

maybe i'll start picking fights with mammoths.

thugnificent

« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2011, 08:53:08 PM »
you can raise the difficulty level whenever you want

ROFLCOCKTOR

• Rep: 9
  • soisoisoisoisoi
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2011, 01:41:13 AM »
Im blowing it so hard getting gear, i decided to be full on magic and nothing i have found is better then my novice destruction robes. Its starting to bum me out being lv17=18 and still in these things. I mean I can kill just about anything in 2 or 3 fireballs balls but if anything ever touches me i'm dead.

Ive put in maybe 40 hours but apart from firebolts and shit I know nothing about this game and the quests just keep piling on and I cant figure out which ones are main story and which are side quest at this point but i keep getting more, I cant finish all this shit.

I have like 300 soul gems in my house but i have no clue what to do with them, like 130 dragon bones, what are they for? Picking flowers and eating random insects what the fuck is happening in this game, im playing it but if ask me i dont fucking know.

I goto that dick mage in Whiterun to buy new spells like chain lightning which sounds super dope but i don't even have enough base magicka to cast it, i have like 290 magicka and the spell costs 300 wtf.

I walk into labyrinithing or whatever with lydia and almost instantly die because there's 10 magic mobs and a skeleton dragon and i have no clue what to do.

Im having a video game nervous breakdown right now.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 01:43:39 AM by ROFLCOCKTOR »

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2011, 03:00:11 AM »
Use armour on your legs and arms, you can still use your main robe and hood to increase your magicka, but it sounds like you should use regular armour and increase your heavy armour so you dont get smoked right away.

I went the opposite route, levelled up my one handed and two handed really high and just smithed weapons and enchanted them, I used magic but mainly Flames and Healing, but now I use firebolt and took all my armour off for this crazy Robe I found. Magicka spells cost 17% less and regenerates 100% faster. Im sure there are way better ones out there this is just the best I've found so far

I found for alchemy, instead of trying random combos hoping it works I eat one of the ingredients then it tells you what it does, go to an Alchemy table and it gives you combos, I don't really use poison, stamina, or freeze potions too much anyways.

Get a follower, you can carry way more shit and they help you in battles because they'll take on whoever your fighting and you can cast spells/shoot arrows from a distance. There is one in "The Drunken Hunter" in Whiterun. I had to hire her when Lydia died  :'(. She got murked by a Dragon and normally, I would revert to a saved file but I hadn't saved in like 3 hours and every AUTO save she had already died, not a big deal though, I looted her body and took all my shit back, then gave it to the new follower I got.

Dragon bones and Scales are used for making Dragon armour once you get your smithing high enough.

First thing you should do is MAX out your smithing, it takes 5 minutes.

Skyrim Walkthrough: Level 100 Smithing

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2011, 03:20:30 PM »
still can't bring myself to pay for this, so I'm going to download the pc version and see how much I need it on xbox

torrent here, from the comments it seems to work pretty legit. Doubt it will go down too great on my dell laptop though...

http://btjunkie.org/torrent/The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Razor1911/43580a683534cc69c5ce3d23d7319442624256d78297