Author Topic: BITTER LITTLE SPOILED FUCKIN' BRAT  (Read 232964 times)

earlygrab

Re: BITTER LITTLE SPOILED FUCKIN' BRAT
« Reply #570 on: July 28, 2011, 11:24:49 AM »
can we please get off this saving skateboarding bullshit?

Skateboarding does not need saving. skateboarding is intangible. The only thing anyone is can save is their own investments or financial interest.

Inanimate Object

« Reply #571 on: July 28, 2011, 09:56:38 PM »
Nah, mix of public and private school.

Is skateboarding full of mind numb drones and robots? Is this the Berra and Dyrdek MTV influence?

No you're just a libertarian idiot child who thinks he's on to some really cool utopian shit. But you're not - none of the data from social psychology or cognitive science support libertarian principles, whether you want to believe that or not. People are individually shitty and capricious when it comes to making informed choices about literally anything, and they're incredibly prone to unethical behavior if they feel it won't go recognized or that the benefits of that behavior outweigh the risks, social or otherwise. So we need some form of government, though the US government as it exists is far from ideal. But the direction to move in isn't towards more "personal freedom", which basically gives corporate entities free reign to fuck your face if they feel like it.

Inanimate Object

« Reply #572 on: July 28, 2011, 09:59:16 PM »
Also I think Koston is being a wiener and the Berrics is wack as fuck, if I need to weigh in on this issue.

DevMo!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
« Reply #573 on: July 29, 2011, 12:04:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i think weve learned a lesson...

have a twitter/tumblr/myspace whatever - you will ruin your reputation
dont say a word and youll be just fine - aka PJ ladd

bandini

« Reply #574 on: July 29, 2011, 12:29:03 AM »
no one complains about tony hawks $$ making schemes. i guess alot of current skaters were raised on that game so he's like skate jehovah or something. that stupid board thing was some complete bullshit meant to do nothing but get your $$$$. but thats ok. build parks and host contests and free skate days and pizza parties for kids and you are all bad...cause your business partner is a scientologist?

This would be a good time for someone to step in with a "nigga please."

Tony's foundation has built hundreds of parks all over the country. The dude has done more skateboarding charity work than anyone else on the planet, plus he's always been a super cool dude.

Taking snide shots at the Birdman will get you nowhere, my friend.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 12:31:08 AM by bandini »

« Reply #575 on: July 29, 2011, 01:43:03 AM »
but for real.... who would you rather kiss?  AO or EK?

no homo.

sixpackoftablets

• Rep: -24
  • salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #576 on: July 29, 2011, 05:17:07 AM »
can we please get off this saving skateboarding bullshit?

Skateboarding does not need saving. skateboarding is intangible. The only thing anyone is can save is their own investments or financial interest.

This, and skateboarding would be better if it was more underground and a smaller industry.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #577 on: July 29, 2011, 05:43:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Is skateboarding full of mind numb drones and robots? Is this the Berra and Dyrdek MTV influence?

[close]

No you're just a libertarian idiot child who thinks he's on to some really cool utopian shit. But you're not - none of the data from social psychology or cognitive science support libertarian principles, whether you want to believe that or not. People are individually shitty and capricious when it comes to making informed choices about literally anything, and they're incredibly prone to unethical behavior if they feel it won't go recognized or that the benefits of that behavior outweigh the risks, social or otherwise. So we need some form of government, though the US government as it exists is far from ideal. But the direction to move in isn't towards more "personal freedom", which basically gives corporate entities free reign to fuck your face if they feel like it.
[close]

Haha, 5 words before you began the ad hominem attack.

Thanks for playing but your argument is now invalid.

I don't think you quite understand what ad hominem means.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #578 on: July 29, 2011, 08:48:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I think he just wanted to use the new vocabulary he learned in school today

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #579 on: July 29, 2011, 09:37:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I think he just wanted to use the new vocabulary he learned in school today

thats the ad hominem

baconeggandcheese

• Rep: 41
« Reply #580 on: July 29, 2011, 12:22:22 PM »
Expand Quote
no one complains about tony hawks $$ making schemes. i guess alot of current skaters were raised on that game so he's like skate jehovah or something. that stupid board thing was some complete bullshit meant to do nothing but get your $$$$. but thats ok. build parks and host contests and free skate days and pizza parties for kids and you are all bad...cause your business partner is a scientologist?
[close]

Tony's foundation has built hundreds of parks all over the country. The dude has done more skateboarding charity work than anyone else on the planet, plus he's always been a super cool dude.

yup, Tony raised the cash to build an amazing park in Nederland that I skate a lot, and he came to the opening to do a demo and signing.  And he isn't constantly trying to claim he's saving skateboarding, talking about himself and how great he is, or write insecure rants all over the place.  He just raises money for skateparks, and lets his actions do the talking.  He still probably skates a lot more than Berra too.
I actually did hit another skater in the face with my shoe once at a demo doing a shoes fly off kickflip but he was cool with it.

The Mess

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • please don't kill me jesse.
« Reply #581 on: July 29, 2011, 12:47:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

enough with the "thanks for playing" line... and again, you invalidated your account when you rated barley as shop sponsor material.
i have nothing to fear but jesse himself.

A.J.K.

« Reply #582 on: July 29, 2011, 01:20:19 PM »
Lets let this thread die.  It was pretty funny for a while, now its just repetitive shit.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #583 on: July 29, 2011, 01:20:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

just dont let him near your wife

pprovo1

• Rep: -10
« Reply #584 on: July 29, 2011, 03:35:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

yup, Tony raised the cash to build an amazing park in Nederland that I skate a lot, and he came to the opening to do a demo and signing.  And he isn't constantly trying to claim he's saving skateboarding, talking about himself and how great he is, or write insecure rants all over the place.  He just raises money for skateparks, and lets his actions do the talking.  He still probably skates a lot more than Berra too.

Well put.

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #585 on: July 29, 2011, 11:09:04 PM »
i'm not letting this thread get to the second page

Stunts

« Reply #586 on: July 30, 2011, 05:17:33 AM »
1000th post! fuk you all and fuk this thread! i love and hate you all  :D im drunk! fuk yeh!

Schmaltz

• Rep: -55
« Reply #587 on: July 30, 2011, 06:43:22 AM »
People over the age of 7 actually like the berrics?

LemonParty

• Rep: -112
« Reply #588 on: July 30, 2011, 09:48:04 AM »

people who dont skateboard actually post on slap?

pimplepoppermd

• Rep: 6
« Reply #589 on: July 31, 2011, 12:08:54 AM »
The earlier link about Koston and Scientology is old and incomplete. If you look at Berras completed courses you see that his listing stops about 6 years ago as well. The magazines that these lists come from are not a a complete record of involvement, nor have all of the magazines been publicly listed. He has done more courses more recently than those listed.

The far more interesting fact never commented upon is Kostons wife, Ashlee Koston (nee Turner). She is some sort of aspiring actor. If we look at her history in Scientology as the same site, we see over 15 years if involvement in the church, both under her old, and new name. She also has a website publically proclaiming her involvement in the church.

Berra and Turner are hardcore, committed members of this church, with 13 and 17 years of direct involvement. These people are "lifers", not members with a passing interest which has faded over time. Eric Koston's long term 'best friend' (best man at wedding etc) and wife are these people, and we are seriously pretending that he is not directly, 100% involved in this thing? This is not even considering the precepts of Scientology forbid close relationships with non-Scientologists (e.g. his wife and Berra would be pressured not to associate with Eric Koston if he was not currently involved in the church).

Dude is deeply involved in this stuff, anyone who claims otherwise is being simply disingenuous.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #590 on: July 31, 2011, 04:21:23 AM »
21 pages....

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #591 on: July 31, 2011, 07:39:42 AM »
The earlier link about Koston and Scientology is old and incomplete. If you look at Berras completed courses you see that his listing stops about 6 years ago as well. The magazines that these lists come from are not a a complete record of involvement, nor have all of the magazines been publicly listed. He has done more courses more recently than those listed.

The far more interesting fact never commented upon is Kostons wife, Ashlee Koston (nee Turner). She is some sort of aspiring actor. If we look at her history in Scientology as the same site, we see over 15 years if involvement in the church, both under her old, and new name. She also has a website publically proclaiming her involvement in the church.

Berra and Turner are hardcore, committed members of this church, with 13 and 17 years of direct involvement. These people are "lifers", not members with a passing interest which has faded over time. Eric Koston's long term 'best friend' (best man at wedding etc) and wife are these people, and we are seriously pretending that he is not directly, 100% involved in this thing? This is not even considering the precepts of Scientology forbid close relationships with non-Scientologists (e.g. his wife and Berra would be pressured not to associate with Eric Koston if he was not currently involved in the church).

Dude is deeply involved in this stuff, anyone who claims otherwise is being simply disingenuous.

rumor has it power balance bracelet = scientolgist

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #592 on: July 31, 2011, 09:35:24 AM »
koston's ill. I bet AO can't switchflip front crook...

But then again I bet he can beat Koston in a pickup game.
AO Mixtape Vol.9

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #593 on: July 31, 2011, 12:03:46 PM »
Did anyone see Koston's Instagram today?? He calls out Leo! this thread is about to hit 40 pages ....

Stoop Kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
  • Fuck hipsters.
« Reply #595 on: July 31, 2011, 12:24:41 PM »
 ::) yeah he really called him out.

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
« Reply #596 on: July 31, 2011, 12:33:24 PM »
I fully support Koston's full-blasting other skaters' hilarious bashing of his park/world domination plans over social networking sites.

popsiclesandskatin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #597 on: July 31, 2011, 01:15:25 PM »
The best people dont go to the Berrics.
I like that Leo hates certain people on rvca, hates shaun white, and hates the berrics.
Which other awesome skater will Koston call out next?

manbergur

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #598 on: July 31, 2011, 01:57:52 PM »
does Koston really believe that Leo or Alex give a shit about what he thinks?

Schmaltz

• Rep: -55
« Reply #599 on: July 31, 2011, 02:33:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

people who dont skateboard actually post on slap?
what makes you think i dont skate