Author Topic: BITTER LITTLE SPOILED FUCKIN' BRAT  (Read 232985 times)

Garvy The Cat

Re: BITTER LITTLE SPOILED FUCKIN' BRAT
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2011, 10:35:12 AM »

anblue

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos, motherfucka
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Who the fuck spends more than $5 at taco bell?
Being liked on slap is the only award

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2011, 10:36:58 AM »
Im behind Koston on this one.. Im not saying that Berrics is something we should look up to every day, but thats because Berra is a bitch, the website itself has a cool concept, new videos every day? why not? � Alex was bitching about the Berrics before, he was dissin battle commanders... I hope he gets kicked out of Girl ASAP, he is a bitch, dissin his bosses work is stupid.

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2011, 10:37:09 AM »
Social networking skateboard beef is amazing.  I think.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2011, 10:37:43 AM »
Man there are a lot of dumb young kids joining up on Slap. It's starting to look a lot less like skateboardrumors.com and a lot more like shitty Transworld forums :/

I'm confused about this spoiled brat part. I get Erics point, but last I remember seeing of alex's set up, he was sharing a shitty studio sized apartment with his dad, a dog, and his dads random lady friends and had nothing positive to say about growing up being an Olson.

just curious..

You mean the epiclylaterd from about 5 fucking years ago? Alex is an adult now and highly marketable with some of the highest paying sponsors in the bizz: Quicksilver, Vans, Girl, etc and I'm sure he has his own place or something preferable to what was shown(fyi, that epiclylaterd was one of my favorite ever actually, I loved the father and dad interactions and arguments). While I'm sure Steve Olson wasn't a father of the year candidate or anything, it's clear that career-wise Alex Olson has benefited greatly from initially having great connections in the skateboard world. Nothing wrong with that, but that's what Koston's referring to. His opportunities were much greater than just some random skate kid that no one's ever heard of.

On his siite

Do you realize that you just lost your main sponsor? YOU ARE FUCKED!

ha

http://olsonstuff.tumblr.com/post/7807604046/do-you-realize-that-you-just-lost-your-main-sponsor

You really think he's getting kicked off Girl? How old are you?
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

jackherer

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2011, 10:37:53 AM »
i get that koston is a legend blah blah but come on, dude clearly over reacted, he must be spending too much time with steve.

and i dont see how he can take that "neglecting skating for 3 years" jab at olson, when berra has even topped pops as skateboarding's premiere milker.

i would love to see some figures of unified shops pre-unified sales vs their post-unified sales, while we're on the subject of doing things for the greater good of skateboarding...

Magic Pizza

• Rep: 175
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2011, 10:42:50 AM »
On his siite

Do you realize that you just lost your main sponsor? YOU ARE FUCKED!

ha

http://olsonstuff.tumblr.com/post/7807604046/do-you-realize-that-you-just-lost-your-main-sponsor

You posted that there? That's totally silly. I could see you fitting well on a krooked rubbery rectum-mallet.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2011, 10:45:26 AM »
i get that koston is a legend blah blah but come on, dude clearly over reacted, he must be spending too much time with steve.

and i dont see how he can take that "neglecting skating for 3 years" jab at olson, when berra has even topped pops as skateboarding's premiere milker.

i would love to see some figures of unified shops pre-unified sales vs their post-unified sales, while we're on the subject of doing things for the greater good of skateboarding...
I would love to see those figures too. I've wondered about that.

Fauve

• Rep: 0
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2011, 10:47:28 AM »

earlygrab

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2011, 11:08:49 AM »
nickdagger. Holy shit that was 5 yrs ago, damn time flies. So what your saying is that Alex's sponsors signed him up because of his name and not his skill? I don't buy that, and if anything it makes Eric (being one of his sponsors) sound jealous and bitter.

shadowperson

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2011, 11:11:59 AM »
It's funny. Everytime I've met Koston he seems like spoiled fucking brat.
He's a bitter sarcastic dick. Good skateboarder though.
At least I get to see him suck at Street League and try and cover it up with his "funny moves"

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2011, 11:12:25 AM »
lol Wow

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2011, 11:14:11 AM »
nickdagger. Holy shit that was 5 yrs ago, damn time flies. So what your saying is that Alex's sponsors signed him up because of his name and not his skill? I don't buy that, and if anything it makes Eric (being one of his sponsors) sound jealous and bitter.

No, I meant what I said:

It's clear that career-wise Alex Olson has benefited greatly from initially having great connections in the skateboard world. Nothing wrong with that, but that's what Koston's referring to. His opportunities were much greater than just some random skate kid that no one's ever heard of.

I love Olson's skating, personally. But let's not pretend that if he was just some little kid no one's heard of from Montana, that his career would have taken off as quickly.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2011, 11:16:44 AM »
I'm not sure where people are getting the idea that Koston is Alex's boss or is sponsoring him.  Though he definitely has seniority over him on the team at Girl.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

manbergur

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2011, 11:25:53 AM »
alex is apparently really bored.. just non stop constant posting stuff to his tumblr page and responding to people's regular questions. jerry hsu kicks olson's ass at tumblr haha

the below is from alex's tumblr:

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2011, 11:28:10 AM »
I'm not sure where people are getting the idea that Koston is Alex's boss or is sponsoring him.� Though he definitely has seniority over him on the team at Girl.

Is Girl unionized? If so that sucks. I hate unions. People always get promotions based on seniority and not skillz.

What if the real Koston died back in 1994, and they replaced him with a look-a-like Koston? Like the whole "Paul is dead" thing with the Beatles? This would explain a lot, or nothing.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2011, 11:33:32 AM »
Is Girl unionized? If so that sucks. I hate unions. People always get promotions based on seniority and not skillz.

Are you trolling? Unions have some problems, but please learn about worker's lives in factories before they existed.

manbergur

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2011, 11:35:39 AM »
koston may have some part ownership in girl dist..   was started by caroll, howard and spike jonez back in the day.. not sure what the current ownership situation is though

earlygrab

« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2011, 11:36:17 AM »
had to wiki that shit. I always thought koston was a co-owner... anyway. I can see him getting better opportunities being an olson but he's also a great skater, so that's completely subjective. However eric should look around the room before he starts calling people out for having better connections than content. I respect people that voice their opinion, especially when it's not the popular one and I find much more enjoyment reading olson's blog than the "look how serious we take skateboarding" shit on the berrics.

hate on you

• Rep: -15
  • freak
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2011, 11:37:53 AM »
I'm confused about this spoiled brat part. I get Erics point, but last I remember seeing of alex's set up, he was sharing a shitty studio sized apartment with his dad, a dog, and his dads random lady friends and had nothing positive to say about growing up being an Olson.

just curious..

well not ever having to work a job and skating and traveling the world your whole life is pretty fucking spoiled

loggedinLurker

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2011, 11:44:24 AM »
Quote from: Koston
So if you think for a second that you and you're shitty fuckin' tumblr blog is going to STOP US? YOU'RE CLEARLY MISTAKEN.

Damn, he is out of his mind, hahaha, i love it.

Alex wins, the Berrics is a fucking cheesy website. I hate Berras military fetish.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2011, 11:45:58 AM »
well he got on Girl (arguably one of the most prestigious teams in skateboarding) without having put out a video part, and now he's jumping mailboxes, ans talking shit.  I like them both.

As for the berrics, well check that Luan stuff.

LemonParty

• Rep: -112
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2011, 11:47:21 AM »
 yeah koston is nuts, not like alex went out saying "the berrics fucking sucks dont ever watch it". Even if he did, how would his opinion invalidate the berrics? im sure the huge majority of die hard alex olson fans are probably a bunch of fags who dont like the berrics either way.

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2011, 11:49:06 AM »
yeah koston is nuts, not like alex went out saying "the berrics fucking sucks dont ever watch it". Even if he did, how would his opinion invalidate the berrics? im sure the huge majority of die hard alex olson fans are probably a bunch of fags who dont like the berrics either way.
Well he is quite a looker.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2011, 11:49:30 AM »
Crailtap x Berrics viral marketing?

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2011, 11:52:37 AM »
Berrics skate plaza is going to be open this month. They've done more for skateboarding in three years than any of you favorite skaters have in 20+.

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2011, 11:53:44 AM »
I predict this thread gets to 11 pages before dinner.

Koston is sick and everything but lets be honest, The Berrics is a little gay.... I love some of what they do. Thank you for the free content, and you're welcome for the page views?

Koston looks like more of a douche in this scenario. There I said it. He's still one of my favorites.

LemonParty

• Rep: -112
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2011, 11:53:55 AM »
well he got on Girl (arguably one of the most prestigious teams in skateboarding) without having put out a video part, and now he's jumping mailboxes, ans talking shit. �I like them both.

As for the berrics, well check that Luan stuff.

he went pro after FF though? I'm sure most ams get on companies after local videos and shit, but it doesnt seem fucked up to me that someone who skates everyday with the company owners would be am without having put out a video part.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2011, 11:55:15 AM »
I don't understand why him saying he never goes to the site/doesn't like the site or that he would much rather watch a full street part than a Battle Commander means that he completely disagrees with having an indoor park or that he's trying to destroy the Berrics. And if him expressing his opinion on a subject gets him kicked off of Girl, then I'd consider not supporting Girl/Chocolate again.

Expand Quote

just curious..
[close]

well not ever having to work a job and skating and traveling the world your whole life is pretty fucking spoiled

Correct me if I'm wrong, but how many jobs has Koston had to work?

loggedinLurker

« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2011, 11:56:34 AM »
Berrics skate plaza is going to be open this month. They've done more for skateboarding in three years than any of you favorite skaters have in 20+.

My favorite Skater is Rob Dyrdek, ha!