Author Topic: BITTER LITTLE SPOILED FUCKIN' BRAT  (Read 233035 times)

Donkey Lips

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
Re: BITTER LITTLE SPOILED FUCKIN' BRAT
« Reply #870 on: August 17, 2011, 08:41:57 AM »

asakusa75

« Reply #871 on: August 17, 2011, 08:50:36 AM »
I am going to light a candle and pray to something or other that this is not really Koston. Then I am going to sleep. When I wake up in the morning hopefully all this horrible madness will be gone.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #872 on: August 17, 2011, 09:02:09 AM »
He's the Billy Corgan of skateboarding

popsiclesandskatin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #873 on: August 17, 2011, 10:36:50 AM »
I was gonna say George Lucas.
I think this is what happened to Koston.
George Lucas Strikes Back {HD Trailer}

lalala

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 13
« Reply #874 on: August 17, 2011, 11:43:51 AM »

The Smashing Pumpkins are my favorite band ever but I have to agree with this one.

gripping the dick like a church girl giving her first hand job
head of the dick gonna be purple like my uncles face when he hung himself

Useful Idiot

• Rep: 24
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
You loves you? Megatron.

wigs

« Reply #876 on: August 17, 2011, 12:15:42 PM »
used to think this was a joke, i guess i shouldn't be surprised that carroll is still ahead of his time.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 12:17:20 PM by wigs »

McBrandt

• Rep: -13
« Reply #877 on: August 17, 2011, 12:17:57 PM »
"erickoston I've been busy all day u assholes. Still am.... @bif_loves_skateboarding you fuckin rule! @Josh_maier you're a FAGGOT and you're profile pic looks like you have downs syndrome. Fuckin pussy!"

I just keep losing respect for Koston.

Holy shit.  He actually posted that? Calling someone a "FAGGOT?" Wow. Pretty amazed/ashamed.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #878 on: August 17, 2011, 12:27:33 PM »
COTG was calling people on the internet faggots way before Koston. True pioneer.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #879 on: August 17, 2011, 12:40:21 PM »
COTG was calling people on the internet faggots way before Koston. True pioneer.

Is faggot an LA slang or some shit or just some internet used word? If you were going talk shit to someone in person, the last words you're going to say is call someone a faggot.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
« Reply #880 on: August 17, 2011, 12:54:52 PM »
What's funny is that COTG had been saying Koston was an asshole for the longest time and everyone here gave him shit for it like Koston was untouchable.

manbergur

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #881 on: August 17, 2011, 01:01:13 PM »
What's funny is that COTG had been saying Koston was an asshole for the longest time and everyone here gave him shit for it like Koston was untouchable.

thats because most people on here think COTG is a kook and disagree with anything he says because they cant bring themselves to agree with him..

but - no denying that Koston seems like a prick.. even if he feels like he is joking with all this stuff it doesnt come off like that. Dude's internet privileges should be revoked

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #882 on: August 17, 2011, 01:03:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Is faggot an LA slang or some shit or just some internet used word? If you were going talk shit to someone in person, the last words you're going to say is call someone a faggot.

what? that happens all the time and i live in massachusetts

buzz

• Rep: -6
« Reply #883 on: August 17, 2011, 01:06:52 PM »
the best/most successful people in each profession normally turn out to be fucking crazy anyway. we all respect what they do and assume that their personality is to match.

Reev

• Rep: 4
« Reply #884 on: August 17, 2011, 01:07:14 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if one of Koston's sponsors has a word with him sooner, rather than later. He's gonna end up like Tiger Woods if he carries on at this rate.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #885 on: August 17, 2011, 01:08:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Koston is out of his fucking mind. Could he be any more out of touch with reality? His Nike factory comment is so delusional it barely makes sense. He's moving from Berra crazy to Tom Cruz crazy.
[close]

nah, it's true.

plus nike has had to stop using sweatshops due to pressure from human rights groups like years ago. they just recently had a bit of embarrasment due to cons being sourced from one and they changed factories immediately. nike has the bomb factories. a buddy of mine was looking into getting a shoe thing started up and was hollering at one of the factories that do nike's stuff. they were talking mad employee satisfaction and sample turnarounds of like three days from the template submissions. they said they learned to do that shit from nike coming in and consulting with them. i mean, wages-compared-to-the-US notwithstanding, nike's been on their game as far as ethics is concerned since like 2003 at least.

k
[close]

Uh huh.

http://www.teamsweat.org/

Nike Sweatshops: Behind the Swoosh

Human trafficking in Nike's sweatshop factory in Malaysia

okay, a couple videos. here's some real facts that you can research yourself.

Despite claims of exploitation for profit, in the past decade, Nike profits as a percentage of total revenue have ranged from only 1.94% to 10.11%. The median was 8.3% and the average was 7.77%.[6]
William Stepp, of the Mises Institute, argued that minimum wage is arbitrary and causes unemployment. Stepp continues further, stating that the workers were not exploited and clearly received benefits from working at the factories "by showing up for work every day, and by accepting a paycheck based on mutually-agreed-upon terms." In addition to pay, these benefits include free annual physicals, uniforms and clothing, a clinic and health service, a canteen stocked with food, recreation and entertainment, and transportation. However, Stepp did criticize Nike for its association with the World Bank, which he says is the real exploiter of third world countries.[7]
A study by the Global Alliance for Workers and Communities found that 70% of Nike factory workers in Thailand rated their supervisors as good and 72% thought their income was fair. In Vietnam, most workers "thought the factory was a 'good place to work' and planned to continue at least three years" and 85 percent felt safe there. Further, they felt that the factory offered a more stable career and higher income than farmwork.[7]

Nike began to monitor working conditions in factories that produce their products.[8] During the 1990s, Nike installed a code of conduct for their factories. They spend about $10 million dollars a year to follow the code, adhering to regulations for fire safety, air quality, minimum wage, and overtime limits. In 1998, Nike introduced a program to replace its petroleum-based solvents with less dangerous water-based solvents.[3] A year later, an independent expert[who?] stated that Nike had, "substituted less harmful chemicals in its production, installed local exhaust ventilation systems, and trained key personnel on occupational health and safety issues."[2] The study was conducted in a factory in Vietnam.
Recently, Nike has developed an intensive program to deal with claims of unfair practices. Nike hired a staff of 97 people to randomly inspect several hundred of their factories each year.[citation needed] Nike also gave the Fair Labor Association, a working conditions watchdog, the privilege to randomly inspect any factory that produces Nike products.[citation needed]
Nike has audited roughly 600 factories since 2002, giving each a score on a scale of 1 to 100, which is then associated with a letter grade, A through D. Some factories receive an A and most receive a B. When a factory receives a grade of D or lower, Nike threatens to stop producing in that factory unless the conditions are rapidly improved. In 2004, Nike expanded their monitoring process even further to include environmental and health issues.

this is from businessweek in 2004. even then, they were already leading the pack in that arena:
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/04_38/b3900011_mz001.htm

the real issue that i think people tend to lose focus of, is that nike doesn't actually own or operate any of the factories that make their stuff. the real problems (including falsification of factory documents such as payroll records, lack of effective grievance systems for disgruntled workers and hiring practices that do not ensure minimum age standards are met) are the responsibility of the actual factory owners first, and the respective govt's and their legislation second. i think nike has taken on a ton of the burden for making the factories a better place to work, but if you expect them to do anything further than inspecting, grading, publicizing, etc, then you might as well be petitioning for them to open their own factories in the US and only employ union workers. it's also not like they've been seeing unreal profit margins as a result. i'll re-quote the first line from the above excerpt for those that missed the numbers:

Despite claims of exploitation for profit, in the past decade, Nike profits as a percentage of total revenue have ranged from only 1.94% to 10.11%. The median was 8.3% and the average was 7.77%.

that's not really that much considering their output. it's just that they dominate so heavily in so many areas that 10% to them is still billions. that's not exploitation, thats straight balling. now there are always going to be issues cropping up in the factories in china, vietnam, malaysia, etc. but you don't hear anyone criticizing the obliteration of US textile quotas do you? that alone probably contributed to more sweatshop labor than anything. and that was done by the public officials americans put into office. basically saying that you don't have to buy American if you don't want to. where previously there was protection for the market to a certain degree, now its the wild fucking west (or east). i just think in the big picture, nike does what it can, being as large as it is, and that there are far more worthy targets that are easier to hit. i mean prod just signed to target right? check their record. they contract to almost three times as many factories as nike, have no oversight committee in place at all, and guess what parent company makes most of the house label stuff for target? the same ones that made elwood. and i fucken loved elwood. yall can't fuck with me on this. i know my shit player.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #886 on: August 17, 2011, 01:10:02 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if one of Koston's sponsors has a word with him sooner, rather than later. He's gonna end up like Tiger Woods if he carries on at this rate.
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #887 on: August 17, 2011, 01:13:14 PM »
he used to be a funny asshole. now he's just a sad asshole.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #888 on: August 17, 2011, 01:16:36 PM »
used to think this was a joke, i guess i shouldn't be surprised that carroll is still ahead of his time.

Perhaps McCrank as well.
YEAH RIGHT! Eric Koston

codithou

• Rep: 41
« Reply #889 on: August 17, 2011, 01:55:20 PM »
I think koston is really acting like a bitter little spoiled fuckin' brat.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #890 on: August 17, 2011, 02:00:22 PM »
calling out fans on the internet is low. my opinion of koston keeps plummeting. dude's just talking down to everybody. fuckin prick

im probably lying

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #891 on: August 17, 2011, 02:06:52 PM »
this thread reminds me of why i love heath kirchart

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #892 on: August 17, 2011, 02:08:53 PM »
the amount of gossip and stupid shit posted in this thread is unbelievable.

manbergur

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #893 on: August 17, 2011, 02:12:48 PM »
the amount of stupid shit koston keeps spouting is unbelievable.

Backside LameFlip

• Rep: -16
« Reply #894 on: August 17, 2011, 02:16:30 PM »
Koston of respect
Haters hate only the things they can't have and the people they can't be.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #895 on: August 17, 2011, 02:20:36 PM »
Expand Quote
the amount of attention you guys gives to the stupid shit koston keeps spouting is unbelievable.

[close]

Kab

• Rep: -38
« Reply #896 on: August 17, 2011, 02:30:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
the amount of attention you guys gives to the stupid shit koston keeps spouting is unbelievable.

[close]
[close]

I'm not out there on twitter keeping up with all this, but I am entertained by this thread for damn sure.
Down by the river...

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #897 on: August 17, 2011, 02:48:44 PM »

okay, a couple videos.

Yeah, usually when people post youtube videos in an internet debate it's a bullshit move, but this is a bit different, considering in the videos they actually go to the sweatshops and interview the people who work there. Turns out the results from that paint a much different picture than the one you do. But then again, who should we trust about what it's like to work in a sweat shop? On one hand we have you and Nike PR reports and on the other we have people who actually work there. Gee, this is a tough one. Let me get back to you on this.

this is from businessweek in 2004. even then, they were already leading the pack in that arena:

And the video I posted was from 2008(Somehow the utterly thorough Nike factory investigations you refer to above missed this):

Human trafficking in Nike's sweatshop factory in Malaysia

And this is from this year:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2014325/Nike-workers-kicked-slapped-verbally-abused-factories-making-Converse-line-Indonesia.html

Have you ever actually considered that the factory owners take the Nike inspectors(and most investigators) on phony tours? Or threaten their workers that if they accurately describe their conditions that they will be beaten or fired? Do these thoughts ever cross your mind?  But you know, whatever.

It's funny to think about how many millions Nike spends on just avoiding paying people livable wages. How much would it increase the pay of a Nike factory worker, if instead of spending all the millions they spend on PR and these factory inspections, they just gave  the money to those factory workers? What would it increase their pay by if you split it evenly amongst them I wonder?

the real issue that i think people tend to lose focus of, is that nike doesn't actually own or operate any of the factories that make their stuff. the real problems (including falsification of factory documents such as payroll records, lack of effective grievance systems for disgruntled workers and hiring practices that do not ensure minimum age standards are met) are the responsibility of the actual factory owners first, and the respective govt's and their legislation second.

Am I missing something here? Corporations know the facts that you describe. Everyone does. It's known that operating costs are nothing in countries where you don't have to worry about workplace standards or regulations. That's why the corporations moved their production there in the first place. It's not like corporations are some metaphoric ostrich who just assume the factories they use have found some magical formula to produce their goods at prices no humane countries can. They are aware that it costs money to pay your workers a decent wage, they are aware it costs money to make your factory conditions safe and not insanely hot, they are aware that it costs money to put in fire exits or to build a factory to code so it doesn't spontaneously collapse. Nike and other corporations do not want to pay these costs. So they don't. They move productions to countries where they know workplace conditions are terrible. So for them, and you, to then say "well geez it's really the factory owners who are responsible for this... we just wanted to pay them next-to-nothing, we didn't know anything about the squalid conditions!" ...Is about as dumb as you can get. Don't be this stupid or a corporate apologist. It's gross.

i think nike has taken on a ton of the burden for making the factories a better place to work, but if you expect them to do anything further than inspecting, grading, publicizing, etc, then you might as well be petitioning for them to open their own factories in the US and only employ union workers. it's also not like they've been seeing unreal profit margins as a result. i'll re-quote the first line from the above excerpt for those that missed the numbers:

Yeah they've had a real rough go of it. I shed a tear for them nightly.

but you don't hear anyone criticizing the obliteration of US textile quotas do you?

Um... Are you fucking kidding? Everyone is criticizing the WTO and NAFTA for this and other policies. Of course not everyone knows exactly why their factory shut down, those that are able to find out why are pretty fucking bummed.  And it's not like these policies force corporations to move their production. They have a choice. They've decided to increase their profits off the backs of some desperate slaves all the way on the other side of the world... Everybody wins! Wait... what? What's called globalization is a massive castatrofuck for the majority of the world, and certainly for American workers. Also for the environment, which suffers greatly when pollution is increased and massive amounts of resources are used needlessly transporting goods all the way across the world that could have been produced here. Estimates put the figure over 3 million jarbs in the past decade alone have been outsourced. What's our unemployment rate again? You're a straight up idiot if you think this has been good for american society, or even the american economy. It's been great if you own stock in Nike, or are Phil Knight, or want a slightly cheaper pair of shoes. Otherwise, fuck no. It's been terrible.

i just think in the big picture, nike does what it can, being as large as it is, and that there are far more worthy targets that are easier to hit. i mean prod just signed to target right? check their record. they contract to almost three times as many factories as nike, have no oversight committee in place at all, and guess what parent company makes most of the house label stuff for target? the same ones that made elwood. and i fucken loved elwood.

Certainly there are worse offenders. This thread is about Koston, and Nike was brought up.

yall can't fuck with me on this. i know my shit player.

Oy vey. Are you a libertarian?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 03:06:48 PM by NickDagger »
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #898 on: August 17, 2011, 02:52:39 PM »
this thread reminds me of why i love heath kirchart
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #899 on: August 17, 2011, 03:27:53 PM »
"Frost snapped, just went berserk on him."

Owen Wilson was right.

YEAH RIGHT! Owen Wilson
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit