Author Topic: BITTER LITTLE SPOILED FUCKIN' BRAT  (Read 233012 times)

Re: BITTER LITTLE SPOILED FUCKIN' BRAT
« Reply #930 on: August 18, 2011, 06:13:07 PM »
micky reyes (mickeydlx)- "that's what you get when you quit thunder"  i hope he's not serious.

what is mickey talking about?

morbidly obese tortoise

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
« Reply #931 on: August 18, 2011, 06:21:51 PM »
He's just being a big bitch, talking shit on Leo for switching from Thunder to Indy.

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #932 on: August 18, 2011, 07:34:19 PM »
Expand Quote
micky reyes (mickeydlx)- "that's what you get when you quit thunder"  i hope he's not serious.
[close]

what is mickey talking about?

leo quit thunder to be on indy

Morgan Burguess

• Rep: -5
« Reply #933 on: August 19, 2011, 02:51:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Dear Girl Skateboards:
[close]
That would probably be more effective if you sent it to Girl instead of posting it here.

i think its more effective here on the slap forum then at Girl they throw it in the thrash and nobody read it.

Morgan Burguess

• Rep: -5
« Reply #934 on: August 19, 2011, 03:07:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Basically what you're saying here, is that it's not Nike's problem that they use exploitative labor, because ultimately it's governmental and trade organizational policies that create conditions so miserable that people are willing to work in the sweat shops in the first place. I do not and will never agree with this.
[close]

nope, you're confused again. it's not nike's responsibility to solve the issues of exploitative labor. it is however their problem that their brand is associated with those practices and they've responded by trying to solve the problems in some novel and interesting ways. just because they aren't doing exactly what you think they should be doing (which you still haven't made clear) is no reason to assert that they're the problem itself. clear now?

Expand Quote

How did the in house inspectors miss the human trafficking in Malaysia again?
[close]

i'll let you answer this one. "Have you ever actually considered that the factory owners take the Nike inspectors(and most investigators) on phony tours?" you made that one too easy.

Expand Quote
And again, while I basically agree with you that WTO and other policies are at fault here as much as anyone. That doesn't excuse Nike of paying people pennys while spending millions to make it look like they aren't. I know it make sense on some corporate .pdf somewhere. But if you could stop and actually just think about that for a second, I feel you'd probably get it too. Maybe.
[close]

first, the WTO and policies are ENTIRELY at fault. no one else involved even comes close. second, the pay scale is not set by nike. its set by the govt and business owners in their respective countries. if you can find a factory anywhere in america that can handle the volume they require and do it for anything even near the price, let me know. oh yah, there aren't any. china, vietnam, pakistan, thailand all spent years subduing their people, their currency, their respective labor markets and influencing trade agreements via the WTO to position themselves where they are. now there simply aren't any options left on the table that make sense when it comes to the kind of volume they demand. i mean, you're not going to buy shoes at twice the price, so they can't feasibly make them at twice the price. you don't need a corporate spreadsheet to know that.

Expand Quote
I liked this paragraph. It's almost as if you're accidentally arguing against Nike using slumlord exploitative factories without even knowing it! That you're saying Nike couldn't even pay their workers better if they wanted to because of the sketchy factories they use, is the problem.
[close]

not what i'm saying. i'm saying that most, if not all, of the factories out there that can do that kind of volume are that way and that it's pretty much sanctioned via the govt there under the influence of the WTO and world bank policy. if there's only peanuts on the table, you can't just decide to eat almonds.

Expand Quote

Meh, again you're right about the root causes but that's not to say we shouldn't expose wrong when we see it and hope the policies which in part lead to them one day get changed.
[close]

totally agree.

Expand Quote
Why do you think the WTO policies are the way they are? Corporations write them brah.
[close]

true, but i think using the general word "corporations" without making a distinction between which ones are actively involved in the policy process is unfair and naive. talk about walmart, talk about target, talk about the people who actually have members on those boards that actually make that happen. but give credit where it's due when there is action in the other direction. demonizing and generalizing has never helped any cause. informed and specific criticism, and sustained pressure is what works. and it's this method, incidentally, that got nike to go from being the flamethrowing assholes they were, to getting into the good fight (not exactly on the front line and doing what they could from where they stand. so the proofs in the pudding.

Expand Quote
Embarrassing the fuck out of them to the point that they have to spend so much it's more cost effective to either move production back here or actually take care of their workers elsewhere has as much of a chance as affecting changing as just constantly screaming about the WTO. We actually know people like Eric and can say shit about sweat shops. Who do I contact about the WTO? Hold on I'll email my congressman!
[close]

true. but again, thats what they're already doing. they were embarrassed by their own responses and media attention they got in the early days of "fuck nike" when all they were doing was attack ads and shit. then someone got the bright idea to actually do something about the problem and as far as i can see, they're doing a lot. they may or may not be doing enough, but then again, i wasn't arguing that they were the saviour of the sweatshops. i'm just saying given their recent progress, the demonizing is a bit out of place. give credit where it's due. have you even seen the factories that lakai uses? soletech? any other company? nope, because it's not in the media and no one posted a video of them on youtube. which means your viewpoint is still that of a pawn because they got you looking right with the media hype and there's more real shit happening on the left.

k

Stop talking about Sweat Shops, Nike and all the other shit get bulid in Asia for the American Market... it just silly.

They dont want to produce it by herself, they want to buy it cheap as possible and the want to sell it expencive as possible - nobody give a shit about the people in Laos, Vietnam or Cambodia and how they earn there money.

If you give me the nike money - i swear i can build up an factory in Asia where they can build shoes in good quality for an fair price under good conditions for the workers. But the industrie dont want that - they will change the factorys from time to time to give pressure in the market and get the shoes for a better price - for a better profit - nothing else.
Back in the days Companys have produced shoes in USA - now the produce shoes for half price - and shoes get cheaper the last 10 Years?

The changed production from korea to china, from china to Vietnam and now the produce in Laos and Cambodia... to save money in production.... you fill that if you buy a pair of Dunks - "oh 20cent cheaper again... thanks good that nike change the factory again!"

just a stupid game... on the shoulders of the workers in asia, but with an great shareholder value for the big & fat white man.

Backside LameFlip

• Rep: -16
« Reply #935 on: August 19, 2011, 03:48:47 AM »
I don't know man. Maybe if it was '93 and Koston (or whoever) was throwing around those types of insults, it wouldn't seem like a big deal to me. But in this day and age, and how skateboarding is now (population-wise, how it's seen by common folk, the corp sponsors), it just seems like it's a bad idea for a big name pro with sponsors such as his, to go spouting off insults like that. On one hand, maybe more people should do it so the world would go back to leaving skaters alone (apart from busting us), but otherwise I don't see it as a smart move.

Fair point but Koston used to be funny and I never felt him being disrespectful reading his interview and shit even in the "ghetto days". It's just weird that he is turning into this paranoid asshole.

I'd love to see him kicked out of Girl and ride for Snoop Doggs Skate Company
Haters hate only the things they can't have and the people they can't be.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #936 on: August 19, 2011, 04:41:56 AM »
Fuck all you whiney fags.

Koston is the shit. He has always been the shit. He could make a million lame tweets and be sponsored by Halliburton and it still wouldn't come close to undoing the radical he's brought to skateboarding over the years.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #937 on: August 19, 2011, 07:18:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Basically what you're saying here, is that it's not Nike's problem that they use exploitative labor, because ultimately it's governmental and trade organizational policies that create conditions so miserable that people are willing to work in the sweat shops in the first place. I do not and will never agree with this.
[close]

nope, you're confused again. it's not nike's responsibility to solve the issues of exploitative labor. it is however their problem that their brand is associated with those practices and they've responded by trying to solve the problems in some novel and interesting ways. just because they aren't doing exactly what you think they should be doing (which you still haven't made clear) is no reason to assert that they're the problem itself. clear now?

Expand Quote

How did the in house inspectors miss the human trafficking in Malaysia again?
[close]

i'll let you answer this one. "Have you ever actually considered that the factory owners take the Nike inspectors(and most investigators) on phony tours?" you made that one too easy.

Expand Quote
And again, while I basically agree with you that WTO and other policies are at fault here as much as anyone. That doesn't excuse Nike of paying people pennys while spending millions to make it look like they aren't. I know it make sense on some corporate .pdf somewhere. But if you could stop and actually just think about that for a second, I feel you'd probably get it too. Maybe.
[close]

first, the WTO and policies are ENTIRELY at fault. no one else involved even comes close. second, the pay scale is not set by nike. its set by the govt and business owners in their respective countries. if you can find a factory anywhere in america that can handle the volume they require and do it for anything even near the price, let me know. oh yah, there aren't any. china, vietnam, pakistan, thailand all spent years subduing their people, their currency, their respective labor markets and influencing trade agreements via the WTO to position themselves where they are. now there simply aren't any options left on the table that make sense when it comes to the kind of volume they demand. i mean, you're not going to buy shoes at twice the price, so they can't feasibly make them at twice the price. you don't need a corporate spreadsheet to know that.

Expand Quote
I liked this paragraph. It's almost as if you're accidentally arguing against Nike using slumlord exploitative factories without even knowing it! That you're saying Nike couldn't even pay their workers better if they wanted to because of the sketchy factories they use, is the problem.
[close]

not what i'm saying. i'm saying that most, if not all, of the factories out there that can do that kind of volume are that way and that it's pretty much sanctioned via the govt there under the influence of the WTO and world bank policy. if there's only peanuts on the table, you can't just decide to eat almonds.

Expand Quote

Meh, again you're right about the root causes but that's not to say we shouldn't expose wrong when we see it and hope the policies which in part lead to them one day get changed.
[close]

totally agree.

Expand Quote
Why do you think the WTO policies are the way they are? Corporations write them brah.
[close]

true, but i think using the general word "corporations" without making a distinction between which ones are actively involved in the policy process is unfair and naive. talk about walmart, talk about target, talk about the people who actually have members on those boards that actually make that happen. but give credit where it's due when there is action in the other direction. demonizing and generalizing has never helped any cause. informed and specific criticism, and sustained pressure is what works. and it's this method, incidentally, that got nike to go from being the flamethrowing assholes they were, to getting into the good fight (not exactly on the front line and doing what they could from where they stand. so the proofs in the pudding.

Expand Quote
Embarrassing the fuck out of them to the point that they have to spend so much it's more cost effective to either move production back here or actually take care of their workers elsewhere has as much of a chance as affecting changing as just constantly screaming about the WTO. We actually know people like Eric and can say shit about sweat shops. Who do I contact about the WTO? Hold on I'll email my congressman!
[close]

true. but again, thats what they're already doing. they were embarrassed by their own responses and media attention they got in the early days of "fuck nike" when all they were doing was attack ads and shit. then someone got the bright idea to actually do something about the problem and as far as i can see, they're doing a lot. they may or may not be doing enough, but then again, i wasn't arguing that they were the saviour of the sweatshops. i'm just saying given their recent progress, the demonizing is a bit out of place. give credit where it's due. have you even seen the factories that lakai uses? soletech? any other company? nope, because it's not in the media and no one posted a video of them on youtube. which means your viewpoint is still that of a pawn because they got you looking right with the media hype and there's more real shit happening on the left.

k
[close]

Stop talking about Sweat Shops, Nike and all the other shit get bulid in Asia for the American Market... it just silly.

They dont want to produce it by herself, they want to buy it cheap as possible and the want to sell it expencive as possible - nobody give a shit about the people in Laos, Vietnam or Cambodia and how they earn there money.

If you give me the nike money - i swear i can build up an factory in Asia where they can build shoes in good quality for an fair price under good conditions for the workers. But the industrie dont want that - they will change the factorys from time to time to give pressure in the market and get the shoes for a better price - for a better profit - nothing else.
Back in the days Companys have produced shoes in USA - now the produce shoes for half price - and shoes get cheaper the last 10 Years?

The changed production from korea to china, from china to Vietnam and now the produce in Laos and Cambodia... to save money in production.... you fill that if you buy a pair of Dunks - "oh 20cent cheaper again... thanks good that nike change the factory again!"

just a stupid game... on the shoulders of the workers in asia, but with an great shareholder value for the big & fat white man.

shit the fuck up idiot and go tweet something.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #938 on: August 19, 2011, 09:14:43 AM »
koston is just proving he's as gifted at trolling as he is at board flipping.  lulz.

precisely.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

ster

• Rep: -13
« Reply #939 on: August 19, 2011, 12:05:16 PM »
koston posted this.

@erickoston
Jealousy is pathetic

and then this

@erickoston
....The sequel to this back-peddling fuckin coward http://t.co/Jz2iAQR

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #940 on: August 19, 2011, 12:23:32 PM »
I hate when people put "your" instead of "you're".

Someone troll Koston about Nike/sweatshops/his intro in Menikmati/etc.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

achis123

« Reply #941 on: August 19, 2011, 12:32:38 PM »
Somehow I wish this was one big huge joke and koston ed leo and olson were in on it...and they we're just playing around with everybody else...but yeah I kinda dont think it is..  :-\

masturskater

• Rep: 21
« Reply #942 on: August 19, 2011, 02:56:28 PM »

who is koston tweeting to exactly? because when i click on @the_tempster and @stupidface  it takes me to some regular new orleans rapper and wesley temps not ed or leo.

beef stroganoff

• Rep: 1
« Reply #943 on: August 19, 2011, 06:57:33 PM »
http://youtu.be/orpcuGtOfZI
Is this @stupidface? Looks like a regular faggot.

Sorry Koston you're not Kobe or even Tiger. You're still just a skateboarder, and even though you have a big time Nike contract more people know who Shawn White, Bam and Andy Mac are than you. With every stupid tweet and comment you are alienating true fans and possibly corpo sponsors with comments like http://instagr.am/p/J_K0I/ which could easily be taken negatively if anyone is paying attention. I hope this really is just some inside joke and Koston really isn't such a narcissistic asshole.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #944 on: August 19, 2011, 10:06:58 PM »
32 pages of people acting like they are suprised at the fact that koston is an asshole? i thought we were skateboarders, not little girls who spread gossip off skateboarder's twitters. wow.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

superslopp

« Reply #945 on: August 19, 2011, 10:09:00 PM »
32 pages of people acting like they are suprised at the fact that koston is an asshole? i thought we were skateboarders, not little girls who spread gossip off skateboarder's twitters. wow.

were you REALLY expecting anything different from slap?

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #946 on: August 19, 2011, 10:14:51 PM »
Whoa whoa whoa, I already knew Koston was an asshole.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #947 on: August 19, 2011, 10:31:22 PM »
Expand Quote
this is worse than the time koston had beef with iggy van zan about digging up green pipes point
[close]

oh my god hahahaha

I'm absent from SLAP for a month and come back to this... hahaha, I couldn't stop laughing.

Gil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #948 on: August 20, 2011, 07:44:38 AM »
Despite his greatness in skateboarding, I can't support someone of this craziness/stupidity. It's up to each person to decide though. As for me... I've bought my last pair of Oakley shades, and I'll never watch MTV's Trippin' with Cameron Diaz again... this will be the hardest part for me. Excellent program.
Going into to business with Vallely is the skateboarding equivalent of starting a land war in Asia, just don't.

jaesi25

• Rep: -153
« Reply #949 on: August 22, 2011, 10:06:25 AM »
leo has never and will never melt a face. thats just dickriding on your part.
i cant believe skating has become so soccer mom mainstream that you guys care that koston called some random kid a faggot. a kid who was heckling him. You guys know this kid or what?

fuck that kid fuck alex and leo. they havent done shit. phelps gave him a SOTY... so fucking what. he didnt EARN it. look at leo and every other soty and tell me he deserved it...youre wrong and gay in love with his pretty boy bullshit. I like alex's skating but as soon as he got on he established himself with the gang of milkers.. You hang with Dill... you DO NOT SKATE. AVE anyone...?

koston's part in menikmati is better than anything they will ever put out...and its ten years old and he still skates.

and since when is he a scientologist? thats BERRA you idjits! get it right.

The choco vid will shut you up and remind you how and why he got to where he is... he fucking EARNED it skating and destroying for the past 20 years.

fuck your new style american booooyyyyyfriends!
what i want when i want with who i want how i want.

Isaiah Kemp

• Rep: 7
« Reply #950 on: August 22, 2011, 10:12:21 AM »

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #951 on: August 22, 2011, 10:18:27 AM »
i cant believe skating has become so soccer mom mainstream that you guys care that koston called some random kid a faggot. a kid who was heckling him. You guys know this kid or what?

fuck that kid fuck alex and leo. they havent done shit. phelps gave him a SOTY... so fucking what. he didnt EARN it. look at leo and every other soty and tell me he deserved it...youre wrong and gay in love with his pretty boy bullshit. I like alex's skating but as soon as he got on he established himself with the gang of milkers.. You hang with Dill... you DO NOT SKATE. AVE anyone...?

koston's part in menikmati is better than anything they will ever put out...and its ten years old and he still skates.

The choco vid will shut you up and remind you how and why he got to where he is... he fucking EARNED it skating and destroying for the past 20 years.

That's just adorable.  Horribly inaccurate all over the place, but adorable.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Stoop Kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
  • Fuck hipsters.
« Reply #952 on: August 22, 2011, 10:21:58 AM »

Leo didnt earn SOTY? Did you not see the 2 amazing parts he put out or all the covers he had that year? You are a dumbass if you think he didnt earn it.

Escapist

• Rep: 2
« Reply #953 on: August 22, 2011, 10:22:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

pollutedvision

« Reply #954 on: August 22, 2011, 10:45:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

achis123

« Reply #955 on: August 22, 2011, 10:47:53 AM »

idjits- a word used to describe a terrorist idiot, and idiotic digits 

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #956 on: August 22, 2011, 11:39:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

dolphinstyle.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #957 on: August 22, 2011, 11:51:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
jaesi25: a little rascal he is
Look, I'm an individual within us, partaking in this business

luficer

« Reply #958 on: August 22, 2011, 01:05:09 PM »
Think about it like this:
Koston is a clear example of someone who thinks whatever they're doing is better than anything else from anyone else, and these instagram posts are a small look into an egocentric mind that has always been there, just not exposed to the public.
When Prod left es to go to nike, Koston talked shit and then sucks the teet when it's presented to him.
When someone disagrees with the berrics, Koston talks shit.
And he's not the normal shit talker, he's sensitive too.
It looks like he'll always hold some sort of grudge, and by the amount of posts/comments, you can tell that he thinks about it often and is prodding for a reaction so he can retaliate with some "well-thought out" attack.
bottom line, he's a pussy. we all know people like him.

/rant

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #959 on: August 22, 2011, 04:09:30 PM »