Author Topic: White Thunder Bushings  (Read 8618 times)

Zeeko

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
White Thunder Bushings
« on: July 20, 2011, 02:10:56 AM »
I heard here and there about people putting white thunder bushings in their trucks, and getting a lot of positive feedback. Some of the people didn't even ride thunders. I met cody mac a while back and he had them in his ventures, and said they were awesome. Transworld just posted a video of sean malto with his setup and he talks briefly about using the white thunder bushings in his 147s because they turn good. Anyone have any info about these white bushings. I'd like to get them for a pair of thunders but i want to make sure they're the right ones.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
Re: White Thunder Bushings
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 02:27:29 AM »
I skate only those, they are the softest ones they make, or at least I think, and they turn perfect.

polyethylene

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 03:07:49 AM »
do they come with the 147s?

Filip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 03:18:26 AM »
Yep, Ive had three pairs so far, and all of them were stock with them.. But I think they come in 145 and 149 as well.

polyethylene

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 03:36:55 AM »
im pretty sure mine came with green ones.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 04:29:06 AM »
Different colorways of trucks get different bushings.. I have these right now, and they did get them in stock.http://www.thundertrucks.com/products-page/trucks/lights/night-lights/         Before that, I had some Mark Appleyards, green and white, and those had them too.

polyethylene

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 04:41:06 AM »
ah right, thanks for that. i had the raw ones

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 08:10:37 AM »
ah right, thanks for that. i had the raw ones
yeah, I have the raw 149's and they had the green ones. The Ellington Pro strike lows that I had a couple years ago had the white ones, they were pretty damn nice.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Ivor86

• Rep: -1
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 08:25:58 AM »
I've had a bunch of kids coming in the shop over the last couple of days asking for the white bushings
Kickflip yo dick!

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 09:45:28 AM »
I really liked them when I was skating Thunders.

Cold Pizza

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 11:43:17 AM »
I know a bunch of people who swear by Krux bushings......never heard of people going out of their way for white Thunder bushings though.

DevMo!

• Rep: 2
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 09:09:48 PM »
I threw some white Thunder bushings on my Aces and it was the best decision i've ever made.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 09:13:32 PM »
I have had two pairs of the 149 lights and they both came with the white bushings. They are so good.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 09:15:27 PM »
aftermarket indy bushings is where it's at.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

polyethylene

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 10:36:33 PM »
ive been skating stock indy bushings for quite a while now, is it really that much of a difference to the aftermarket ones? i actually like the way they turn

Hannity

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 10:40:58 PM »
i just got 147s with the white bushings and for the first few days, they turned really fluid but now like a week or two later, they are starting to get wedged on one side or the other of the pivot cup. the truck doesn't want to return to center. hoping to just ride them out and see if they break in better

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 10:52:15 PM »
ive been skating stock indy bushings for quite a while now, is it really that much of a difference to the aftermarket ones? i actually like the way they turn

the stock ones that come in indy's are 88a, and made of rubber, the aftermarket ones are made of urethane, and come in 90A,92A,and 96A. and usually most aftermarket urethane bushings won't split like stock ones do on almost every truck brand.

also, i just bought normal un forged, un hollow indys and they came stock with the new barrel bushing in case your interested.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Skate Edge

• Rep: -36
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2011, 04:43:09 PM »
Aftermarket bushings make a huge difference.  I put the medium Bones bushings in my Indys and I skate 20% better.  I didn't even have to break them in or anything.  Just instantly better.

choke mayne

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • pot
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2011, 10:13:40 PM »
mine blew out

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2011, 09:02:45 PM »

Zeeko

• Rep: 1
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2011, 10:10:32 PM »
thanks for the replies on the white thunder bushings, definitely helpful.

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2011, 01:12:16 PM »
Put these in my Venture Hi's today after my Bones prolapsed again. It felt a bit strange at first as they don't spring back like Bones. But after a few minuets of getting used to they felt great. I also put in a smaller bottom washer because the Venture one is a bit wider and doesn't sit around the bottom of the bushing.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2011, 01:45:40 PM »
Mine kind of melted or something.

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2011, 02:15:24 PM »
i like my yellow thunder bushings

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2011, 05:25:26 PM »
Are they really that much better than the yellow ones? I love the yellow thunder bushings they are the shit. I had some blue and black ones and they were pretty much the same thing. Is the difference that much?

Basingstoke

• Rep: 25
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2011, 03:38:27 AM »
I have had three sets of the white Thunder Bushings over the years, starting with some from the time when Scott Johnson was riding for them and would say they are no different than the other stock coulours i.e the translucent blue or yellow at 90a in the way they react or last.

At the moment I have the Thunder whites in my cruiser board (Bones softs died after a year of light use) they are good but don't snap back like Bones (meds), which I have in my regular set up (this gets used the most and for the lonest period).

I wonder if DLX might think of bringing back the Supercush brand back adding say a plastic/metal inner core like competitors maybe even expanding to other goods/accessories.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2011, 10:38:16 AM »
i was riding indy's for years with the med bones bushings and came up on a new set of thunders so i tried em out. i loved em. they were the silver team ones with the clear bushings. rode em for like 3 months and i had to change the bushings to the bones meds. they fitted well and have had no problems with em.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Jonorhea

• Rep: -5
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2011, 06:01:38 PM »
i had a bunch of white thunder bushings in my old indies until i bought a pair of indy lows for my cruiser and switcedh my bushings out with the red ones that came with those and they felt perfect. i just got those new koston indy's and they come with a weird cylinder bottom bushing. after skating them for two day's they feel fucking regular. i'm probably gonna switch them out.

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2011, 06:12:39 PM »
try bones medium bushings, they're the best!

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2011, 06:07:02 AM »
try bones medium bushings, they're the best!

the first post in this thread, that i can agree with.
why would you search for white thunder bushings...? just throw in some bones, fuck anything else.