Author Topic: trends in skateboarding you ARE tired off  (Read 93992 times)

Useful Idiot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 24
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: trends in skateboarding you ARE tired off
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2011, 07:33:33 AM »
hip-hop in skate parts.
baggy pants
nike sb dunks
7.75 decks
skating in sports jerseys
ledge lines
switch back tails.

Also, the de facto flatground 3 flip in a line. At this point, I'd rather see a fucking street plant.
You loves you? Megatron.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2011, 07:54:37 AM »
music in skate parts
pants
shoes
decks
tops
grinds
slides
flatground tricks

sk8_stuff

• Rep: -2
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2011, 08:03:27 AM »
music in skate parts
pants
shoes
decks
tops
grinds
slides
flatground tricks

Egg Zachly.
Think, it's not illegal yet. - Les Claypool

in search of miraculous

• Rep: 1
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2011, 08:46:42 AM »
that tight chino thing (nothing at all wrong with tight chinos but the kids i see do this usually wear those pants) with the quick pushes and putting feet close together really is the fucking worst.  skateordie really hit the nail on the head with that one.      those kids usually are also trying to shoot on actual film cameras and never know what they are doing.   actually they aren't even usually kids, usually like 19-23 and think they are god's gift to just about everything.   i prefer the thugged out dudes,   at least they aren't pretentious.  

I'm not sure if you're allowed to hate on that close-foot thing, it could be considered homophobic.  I think it's an unconscious thing that homosexuals do when they skateboard.  I knew someone who always did that and they turned out to be queer.  I'm pretty sure it's just a little flair homosexuals add to their skateboarding, like the lisp when they talk.  On the bright side, at least it makes it easy to pick out whose a fag

skateordie

• Rep: -39
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2011, 09:19:48 AM »
Expand Quote
that tight chino thing (nothing at all wrong with tight chinos but the kids i see do this usually wear those pants) with the quick pushes and putting feet close together really is the fucking worst.  skateordie really hit the nail on the head with that one.      those kids usually are also trying to shoot on actual film cameras and never know what they are doing.   actually they aren't even usually kids, usually like 19-23 and think they are god's gift to just about everything.   i prefer the thugged out dudes,   at least they aren't pretentious.  
[close]

I'm not sure if you're allowed to hate on that close-foot thing, it could be considered homophobic.  I think it's an unconscious thing that homosexuals do when they skateboard.  I knew someone who always did that and they turned out to be queer.  I'm pretty sure it's just a little flair homosexuals add to their skateboarding, like the lisp when they talk.  On the bright side, at least it makes it easy to pick out whose a fag

well said.

is this the first time the topic of "close-footing" has been brought up on slap? surprised if it is. unless you fellas have another name for it?

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2011, 09:23:47 AM »
Cory Kennedy does that little jump and then put your feet close together thing all the time. I think most kids started doing it because he does it. Or did anyone do that shit before he did?

in search of miraculous

• Rep: 1
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2011, 09:39:31 AM »
Cory Kennedy does that little jump and then put your feet close together thing all the time. I think most kids started doing it because he does it. Or did anyone do that shit before he did?

This is the first video that popped into my head when I think about the close-footers.  While they aren't the biggest purveyor's of close-footingness, I think they sum-up the whole stereotype of a close-footer very well.

see: 2:45

Also note that I was not looking up footage of homosexuals skateboarding when I found this video.  I stumbled upon it on heroin's website and it was just scarred into my memory.

skateordie

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2011, 09:44:08 AM »
i reckon dill started it. although, he isn't as dainty as the rest of the nyc fairies when he does it.

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2011, 09:45:32 AM »
the trend of pwbc NOT having a new episode every wednesday.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2011, 09:47:34 AM »
everyone that is coming up, trying to be original by doing the same trendy tricks wearing the same uniforms, its incredibly awkward to watch the youth of today mimicking it.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2011, 10:02:19 AM »
How do some of you not like hip-hop in skate parts? I can understand if it's Lil Wayne or some trendy bullshit hip-hop but shit like Jeff Lenoce in Baker 3 or Mike Carroll in yeah right is amazing.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 770
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2011, 10:18:28 AM »
Hip Hop in skateboarding. It isn't bad

Well. Maybe some of us have a soft spot for it. If you still have a pair of blown out jeans hiding in your closet.
I have a couple of pairs of waist 40 jeans from back in sixth grade..

nothing's been the since same

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2011, 10:52:17 AM »
The Berrics.

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2011, 11:01:02 AM »
Expand Quote
i reckon dill started it. although, he isn't as dainty as the rest of the nyc fairies when he does it.
[close]

the close-foot regime was started by jason dill in order to corrupt the raw mindset of local new york skaters.  jason dill as a transplant was never able to step to the rugged raw style of og new york heads.  he realized he would never be raw enough to be considered an east coast power house like he had always hoped to be.  instead, jason dill single handly decided to start the hipster trend and gay up all of new york.  he decided to combat ghetto niggas in camo pants that he would legitimize upper-class white boys who enjoy sipping coffee and making art.  dill's followers wanted desperately to follow in his footsteps but feared the backlash of beat downs from real niggas.  you see what dill did not think to consider is that the great bobby puleo would release footage. all of the hipster nation saw how bobby puleo skated and wanted to mimic it, sadly they could not.  their style had been tainted by fairy dust from hipster higher archy.  they realized they could never be as raw as bobby puleo, so instead of trying to they simply did not acknowledge him and just stole his spots.  dill was at first feared by the release of bobby puleo's footage but soon realized in due time no one would know who bobby puleo was, so dill too just bit his shit.  back to the real nigga beat down shit, middle/upper-class white kids were soon venturing into ghetto sections of the city they would normally not be seen in, in order to match the raw aesthetic that bobby puleo(who they didn't even know existed) portrayed.  as soon as they came to that crossing point of shady section of city to the hood, they realized they could not be prancing around in fairy costumes with cut off jeans and thigh high socks tucked in brand new pristine wife beaters.  instead they turned to high-waters and button up shirts.  with the hipster regime's new outfit they set out to conquer all of new york just as dill had planned he was slowly gaining acceptance in new york and even more pros were joining his alliance like dylan ryder, alex olson, and austin cookiecutter.  the close foot action is sort of a "gang sign" if you will.  it lets the other followers know they are up to par with the trends.  it is a way they are able to communicate to each other and mate(homosexually as others have pointed out) within their own kind.

Cool Story Bro

skateordie

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2011, 11:05:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

the close-foot regime was started by jason dill in order to corrupt the raw mindset of local new york skaters.  jason dill as a transplant was never able to step to the rugged raw style of og new york heads.  he realized he would never be raw enough to be considered an east coast power house like he had always hoped to be.  instead, jason dill single handly decided to start the hipster trend and gay up all of new york.  he decided to combat ghetto niggas in camo pants that he would legitimize upper-class white boys who enjoy sipping coffee and making art.  dill's followers wanted desperately to follow in his footsteps but feared the backlash of beat downs from real niggas.  you see what dill did not think to consider is that the great bobby puleo would release footage. all of the hipster nation saw how bobby puleo skated and wanted to mimic it, sadly they could not.  their style had been tainted by fairy dust from hipster higher archy.  they realized they could never be as raw as bobby puleo, so instead of trying to they simply did not acknowledge him and just stole his spots.  dill was at first feared by the release of bobby puleo's footage but soon realized in due time no one would know who bobby puleo was, so dill too just bit his shit.  back to the real nigga beat down shit, middle/upper-class white kids were soon venturing into ghetto sections of the city they would normally not be seen in, in order to match the raw aesthetic that bobby puleo(who they didn't even know existed) portrayed.  as soon as they came to that crossing point of shady section of city to the hood, they realized they could not be prancing around in fairy costumes with cut off jeans and thigh high socks tucked in brand new pristine wife beaters.  instead they turned to high-waters and button up shirts.  with the hipster regime's new outfit they set out to conquer all of new york just as dill had planned he was slowly gaining acceptance in new york and even more pros were joining his alliance like dylan ryder, alex olson, and austin cookiecutter.  the close foot action is sort of a "gang sign" if you will.  it lets the other followers know they are up to par with the trends.  it is a way they are able to communicate to each other and mate(homosexually as others have pointed out) within their own kind.
[close]

Cool Story Bro

do we have our first close-footer chiming in?

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2011, 11:06:39 AM »
caring about what people wear.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2011, 11:27:44 AM »
You should all start a trend where skating between tricks bowlegged is your style. 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:29:26 AM by pinche gringo »

burl chung

« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2011, 12:59:56 PM »
i skate far footed with the insides of my feet barely in the nose and tail. kinda like gorilla gripping with shoes.

skateordie

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2011, 01:03:32 PM »
i skate far footed with the insides of my feet barely in the nose and tail. kinda like gorilla gripping with shoes.

2nd close-footer to chime in?

burl chung

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2011, 01:14:45 PM »
guilty as charged

marginal way

• Rep: 51
  • making it happen
    • marginal way website avatar image
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2011, 01:35:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

2nd close-footer to chime in?
around here, that's how we spot snowboarders.
i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...
www.marginalwayskatepark.org

twitter- @MWDIY facebook- http://www.facebook.com/mwdiy

cat litter

• Rep: 7
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2011, 02:02:51 PM »
Even after watching that video I'm still not sure what is meant by close footed

skateordie

« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2011, 02:14:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Even after watching that video I'm still not sure what is meant by close footed

for another example, watch "Downey and Sakoff at Astoria" from the front page last monday. at 00:28 is a classic example of close-footing. he lands with his feet almost in position for the next trick, but for some reason puts them close together, only to have re-set up for the next trick??

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2011, 02:16:48 PM »
Skaters with i phones or any mobile...

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2011, 02:18:52 PM »
Im not sure what the whole close footed thing means at all. At first I thought it meant like putting your feet together when cruising or something. I watched the video and I still have no idea what it is.
The trend I hate though is the high khaki thing that is going on, beanies with the pom pom on top, beanies pushed so far back on people its defeats the purpose of the beanie.

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2011, 02:21:44 PM »

[/quote]

for another example, watch "Downey and Sakoff at Astoria" from the front page last monday. at 00:28 is a classic example of close-footing. he lands with his feet almost in position for the next trick, but for some reason puts them close together, only to have re-set up for the next trick??

[/quote]

oh ok, thanks for clearing that up

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

cat litter

• Rep: 7
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2011, 02:22:39 PM »
I guess it doesnt make much sense, I always put my feet near the bolts so I dont fall and shit

Then again I dont live in new york so I never see it

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2011, 02:26:06 PM »
What about the "hands down by your side" deal? Don't have a catchy name for it but it's rampant and goes hand in hand w/"close footing" Whose responsible for that shite?
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

skateordie

« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2011, 02:43:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I guess it doesnt make much sense, I always put my feet near the bolts so I dont fall and shit

Then again I dont live in new york so I never see it

nah, man. these fellas put their feet inside the bolts. picture dorothy from wizard of oz, clicking her heels and saying, "there's no place like home."

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2011, 02:45:41 PM »
i get the general idea of this close footing thing but isn't that how most people ride when they aren't setting up for a trick?