Author Topic: trends in skateboarding you ARE tired off  (Read 93918 times)

rideforJJ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Re: trends in skateboarding you ARE tired off
« Reply #690 on: May 01, 2013, 09:00:44 PM »
So-Cal.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #691 on: May 01, 2013, 09:10:39 PM »
So-Cal.
Someone is stuck in Montana. Go to LA yourself and tell me it's not amazing

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #692 on: May 01, 2013, 11:55:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Maybe mentioned this already but skating in sunglasses. It's  so unnatural/contrived and anyone who does it looks like a kook.
[close]
Not if you live somewhere like Hawaii and you value your eyesight.  I don't want no fucking cataracts.  I wear a hat and sunblock too since I'm out in the full sun for a couple of hours almost daily.
[close]
Same in aussie, you cant even see properly without sunnys half the time 8)
Thanks for reminding me about how my Australian cunts referred to sunglasses.  Sunnys just sound right.

KOOL MIKE

« Reply #693 on: May 02, 2013, 01:02:02 AM »
motherfuckers wearing what the KOOL MIKE dusnt wear

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #694 on: May 02, 2013, 03:41:05 AM »
-Picnic tables:
Rodney and Daewon fried my brain a decade ago and it's never recovered.  Also, excluding California schoolyard kids, I think it's not very accessible to the rest of us geographically.  I can count on no hands the number I've seen at actual schools that I've attended or visited.  I know it's more relatable than something like the megaramp, but I feel like skateboarding needs a new benchmark.

Cza

• Rep: -2
« Reply #695 on: May 02, 2013, 05:50:01 AM »
I look forward to when skateboarding isn't popular anymore and core people who just skate have it all to themselves

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #696 on: May 02, 2013, 07:04:37 AM »
-Picnic tables:
Rodney and Daewon fried my brain a decade ago and it's never recovered.  Also, excluding California schoolyard kids, I think it's not very accessible to the rest of us geographically.  I can count on no hands the number I've seen at actual schools that I've attended or visited.  I know it's more relatable than something like the megaramp, but I feel like skateboarding needs a new benchmark.
Beavis & Butthead Laugh for 10 Minutes
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

swankybogan

• Rep: -2
« Reply #699 on: May 02, 2013, 08:10:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i reckon dill started it. although, he isn't as dainty as the rest of the nyc fairies when he does it.
[close]

the close-foot regime was started by jason dill in order to corrupt the raw mindset of local new york skaters.  jason dill as a transplant was never able to step to the rugged raw style of og new york heads.  he realized he would never be raw enough to be considered an east coast power house like he had always hoped to be.  instead, jason dill single handly decided to start the hipster trend and gay up all of new york.  he decided to combat ghetto niggas in camo pants that he would legitimize upper-class white boys who enjoy sipping coffee and making art.  dill's followers wanted desperately to follow in his footsteps but feared the backlash of beat downs from real niggas.  you see what dill did not think to consider is that the great bobby puleo would release footage. all of the hipster nation saw how bobby puleo skated and wanted to mimic it, sadly they could not.  their style had been tainted by fairy dust from hipster higher archy.  they realized they could never be as raw as bobby puleo, so instead of trying to they simply did not acknowledge him and just stole his spots.  dill was at first feared by the release of bobby puleo's footage but soon realized in due time no one would know who bobby puleo was, so dill too just bit his shit.  back to the real nigga beat down shit, middle/upper-class white kids were soon venturing into ghetto sections of the city they would normally not be seen in, in order to match the raw aesthetic that bobby puleo(who they didn't even know existed) portrayed.  as soon as they came to that crossing point of shady section of city to the hood, they realized they could not be prancing around in fairy costumes with cut off jeans and thigh high socks tucked in brand new pristine wife beaters.  instead they turned to high-waters and button up shirts.  with the hipster regime's new outfit they set out to conquer all of new york just as dill had planned he was slowly gaining acceptance in new york and even more pros were joining his alliance like dylan ryder, alex olson, and austin cookiecutter.  the close foot action is sort of a "gang sign" if you will.  it lets the other followers know they are up to par with the trends.  it is a way they are able to communicate to each other and mate(homosexually as others have pointed out) within their own kind.
[close]

Cool Story Bro
[close]

do we have our first close-footer chiming in?
haha i wouldnt consider myself a "closed-footed faggot" as most of you put it, and I do shot film photography (but I know what I'm doing). What makes me mad is when people act like everything they dont like or dont do, is automatically "fucking stupid" and "regular". As for the 'Close-footed' thing, I personally think it looks better than some dude with his legs spread 4 apart, it kinda looks awkward to me.

KOOL MIKE

« Reply #700 on: May 02, 2013, 08:18:20 PM »
can some fool give KOOL THA MIKE an example of this close footed shit, i having trouble picturing it is it other speak for the rolled up jeans?

Yu Dum

« Reply #701 on: May 02, 2013, 08:44:09 PM »
Kids that think doing the biggest shit = good style. Idiocy at its finest.

erotikmesse88

• Rep: -35
« Reply #702 on: May 02, 2013, 10:49:22 PM »
dill and ave

Cameron Hoegee

« Reply #703 on: May 03, 2013, 05:59:45 AM »
Posers, as of late i found a large inscrease of the kids who buy the good shit and sit at the park, but not just sit around but always in the fucking way.

Baker, Shake Junt

Weed

5 panels

Austin Gilette

360 flips

egbert

• Rep: 10
« Reply #704 on: May 03, 2013, 06:37:51 AM »
Kickstarter

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #705 on: May 03, 2013, 08:08:45 AM »
hate
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

dankradschwag

« Reply #706 on: May 03, 2013, 09:25:44 AM »
people who complain on people hating on something

tight/slim pants

OG thug skaters not really being thug anymore

lack of video magazines, 411 and Logic were tight

flat bill five panels, just looks wrong