Author Topic: Another Tragic Crime  (Read 2847 times)

Rocuronium

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Another Tragic Crime
« on: November 12, 2006, 04:12:17 PM »
Mtv strikes again.
Came across a couple of Rob & Black episodes on MTV this week-end.
The only nice thing I have to say is that Rob's skateboarding is good, although the spots suck and there is only 60-90 seconds of it per episode.

The rest is dismal. At least Bam's humor and pranks were original and involved some planning; on R&B the attempts at humor were a stinky fart, a butt rub, and a computer printout photo of Black falling. The narrative of the episodes was barely flimsy.
Rob seems to be a full on wigger and Black is his bitch, made me cringe on behalf of whites and blacks.
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]

tehmizzark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 17
Re: Another Tragic Crime
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 04:54:06 PM »
praise allah I thought no one would ever post a rob&big review

iheardherassholeslikethisbig

• Rep: 1
  • yea
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 11:26:24 PM »
havent seen yet
seen advertisements

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 12:51:59 AM »
Mtv strikes again.

Rob seems to be a full on wigger and Black is his bitch, made me cringe on behalf of whites and blacks.

Thats the real problem. There seems to be this weird, racist, master-slave relationship between Rob and Big that I'm not too comfortable with.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 04:36:04 AM »
I will never understand how king of the road didn't become the new reality show about skaters that people actually watch. I thought for sure it would be the new jack ass.

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 06:24:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Mtv strikes again.

[close]

Thats the real problem. There seems to be this weird, racist, master-slave relationship between Rob and Big that I'm not too comfortable with.

Those liberal arts professors really got inside your brain didn't they.
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 07:14:27 AM »
No, my black skin got to me
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]

Hastings

• Rep: 37
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 07:29:06 AM »
I hope my eyes never have to endure this

(mental note to self, smash the tv)

red curb

• Rep: -5
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 10:03:44 AM »
I don't really see what the problem is.  Aside from having to work out the whole coming across as homosexual thing and fishing for jokes, the show isn't that bad.  At least it's better than that gay midget show they have on TLC.

quit

• Rep: 0
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 10:58:11 AM »
Don't think of it as a show about skateboarding....but do know that a show about a real skateboarders life would be unwatchable...if you don't think so..produce it..and I'll watch it.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 01:07:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Mtv strikes again.

[close]

[close]

Those liberal arts professors really got inside your brain didn't they.
Meh, probably, I still feel uncomfortable about it because you know I'm not the only one who thought that, and you know the image of skateboarders near and far will be tarnished as a result of it.
Think about it though. Rich professional skateboarder hires "security," he likes him so much that he decides that his employee, who happens to be black, should live with him. He graciously pays to get him a dog, then makes him sleep in the tent. IN the morning he wakes him up by jumping on him and screaming "WAKE UP BOY!" Ok, he doesn't say that, but still, watch it and look for that weird dominant rich white man basically owns his black employee vibe. Am I the only one on here who saw it that way? Me and my friends who I met at liberal arts brain washing camp (AKA college) aall saw it that way.
But yeah, I can see how my take on it might be taking it too far.

whatevs

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 01:23:19 PM »
negative to the master slave comparison. you see, slaves didn't get paid. big black is probably a millionair at this point. i don't think him or dyrdek really give a shit. it's obviously all about the money...i doubt they live together in real life or even hang out as much as they seem to on tv.

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 01:25:43 PM »
If I had MTV this would nudge out Anderson Cooper 360 as my favourite show.
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 01:30:36 PM »
negative to the master slave comparison. you see, slaves didn't get paid. big black is probably a millionair at this point. i don't think him or dyrdek really give a shit. it's obviously all about the money...i doubt they live together in real life or even hang out as much as they seem to on tv.

Maybe he has money from the show, but before that he didn't. Before Rob, he didn't. Without Rob, he doesn't live this lavish life in a lavish house.

Lakai or die

• Rep: -1
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 01:22:51 PM »
I absolutely hate it when people bring racism into anything and everything (im not aiming this at you turkeylurkey, its just that in the past years anything and EVERYTHING is deemed racist by someone and it is just ridiculous)

whatevs

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 01:57:00 PM »

Maybe he has money from the show, but before that he didn't. Before Rob, he didn't. Without Rob, he doesn't live this lavish life in a lavish house.

please. black's been on DC's payroll for a few years now. he's been touring with them since the video. i met big black at a party in vancouver during slam city a few years ago. you know what, big black has his own security guard who looked to be about 6ft7 and 280 pounds of solid muscle...straight WWF. i'm only 5ft8, so i was pretty much amazed by the size of this dude. anyway, my point is that big black is probably doing pretty well off all this shit and has been for a minute. i agree with some of the points about the way the show is filmed and written, but when it comes down to it people dance a jig everyday for much less paper....

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2006, 02:23:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

please. black's been on DC's payroll for a few years now. he's been touring with them since the video. i met big black at a party in vancouver during slam city a few years ago. you know what, big black has his own security guard who looked to be about 6ft7 and 280 pounds of solid muscle...straight WWF. i'm only 5ft8, so i was pretty much amazed by the size of this dude. anyway, my point is that big black is probably doing pretty well off all this shit and has been for a minute. i agree with some of the points about the way the show is filmed and written, but when it comes down to it people dance a jig everyday for much less paper....

You have good points. I didn't really think about the D.C. payroll, though it should be obvious, he wasn't just going on tours just to tag along. I don't think that Big Black is anything NEAR Dyrdek's slave in real life. But the way the show is formatted, and the fake plotline it follows seems a bit demeaning, and it wouldn't surprise me if it created more backlash for the image of skateboarders as a result. Maybe I am just being a pussy, I don't know

tehmizzark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2006, 02:25:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
You have good points. I didn't really think about the D.C. payroll, though it should be obvious, he wasn't just going on tours just to tag along. I don't think that Big Black is anything NEAR Dyrdek's slave in real life. But the way the show is formatted, and the fake plotline it follows seems a bit demeaning, and it wouldn't surprise me if it created more backlash for the image of skateboarders as a result. Maybe I am just being a pussy, I don't know

no way free big black

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2006, 06:56:51 PM »
I hope my eyes never have to endure this

(mental note to self, smash the tv)

uruguay

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2006, 07:29:14 PM »
aw fuck yeah, gub.

Ant

• Rep: 0
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2006, 11:46:52 AM »
I think its funny.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2006, 04:17:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Maybe I am just being a pussy, I don't know
[close]
YOU?? BEING A PUSSY? GET THA FUCK OUTTA TOWN!
Making fun of somebody after they just made fun of themself in the same way is really dumb for 2 reasons:
1) You're uncreative, somebody already made that joke
2) If somebody is clowning themself for something, they obviously won't be offended by you saying it.

Maybe I missed the point of your comment though. No, wait, I didn't.

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2006, 04:51:40 PM »
The thing that makes up for the wigger having a black bitch is that the wigger is his little purse-dog's bitch.

It's funny to see a cocky G'd out playa groveling to an ugly dog with its asshole out in the open.  Whatever the dog equivalent of pussy-whipped is, that's what he is.
Now this poor brother has to be the bitch to them both.

soon

• Rep: 1
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2006, 08:41:00 AM »
you watch MTV.... wow.