Author Topic: hahah chaz ortiz  (Read 7359 times)

033sb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 13
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
hahah chaz ortiz
« on: July 29, 2011, 10:27:15 AM »

papasmurfsdog

Re: hahah chaz ortiz
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 10:50:10 AM »
I had no idea he still lived in Chicago. I love how he talks about skating new spots while there's footage of him skating Roberto Clemente one of the most blown out spots in the city... I don't personally feel the gym thing but he's the one with his name on a board and I'm the one with a fucked up back and knee.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 03:07:11 PM by papasmurfsdog »

blackalbino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 11:08:13 AM »
curls for the girls!
yeah chaz!
i think the self-clap should be more socially acceptable

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 11:08:42 AM »
Not really that stoked on him but the gym thing is tight.  I wish I went to the gym when I was younger to keep my body is shape.  I don't think you gotta jock out but being strong, flexible and having good balance is fucking good for your body.  You don't get all those things enough just from skating.

blackalbino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 11:25:44 AM »
Not really that stoked on him but the gym thing is tight.  I wish I went to the gym when I was younger to keep my body is shape.  I don't think you gotta jock out but being strong, flexible and having good balance is fucking good for your body.  You don't get all those things enough just from skating.

thats stupid. so you think that you need to weld in your spare time to get better at smith grinds?
i think the self-clap should be more socially acceptable

manbergur

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 11:27:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

thats stupid. so you think that you need to weld in your spare time to get better at smith grinds?

lol what?

welding has always helped me improve my smith grinds.  chaz is an example of the espn generation of skateboarding

no thanks

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 11:31:44 AM »
I wanna see more of Andy Roy's skate camp.

earlygrab

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 11:35:08 AM »
I like the inconsistancy in his message.

I can almost see the cubicles full of frat boy marketing jackoffs rewording the same tag line over and over into a script for this.

"ok now say something like (looks at marketing points from boss) it's not just a sport"
"ok now say something like (looks at marketing points from boss) it's just like a real sport"

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 11:59:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's about endurance and stamina.  When you're in your mid 30's and your weak, fat and unflexible, you're body won't tolerate skating all day long, guaranteed.  And fwiw, the majority of dudes end up looking like blimped out versions of their teenage self.

FrenchFuck

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 12:26:58 PM »
I agree with a lot of what he says. I know I'm out of shape and could use the cardio and weight training but when you're 14-22 you don't think about that shit. I think he's got a good head on his shoulders and lots of people to guide him. You can hate on his style or tricks or attitude but he's going to make it regardless.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 12:36:19 PM »
did he actually say "gatorade helps me land tricks"?

A.J.K.

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 01:09:01 PM »
I had no idea he still lived in Chicago. I love how he talks about skating new spots while footage there's footage of him skating Roberto Clemente one of the most blown out spots in the city... I don't personally feel the gym thing but he's the one with his name on a board and I'm the one with a fucked up back and knee.
I'm not from Chicago or anything, but thats the first thing I thought.  And i can't really picture him out skating real spots, just seems weird.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 01:59:03 PM »
Ambitious little prick; "You want to be the best...". No Chaz, you are neither the best, nor do you have steez, so fuck your misspelt tatoo and drinking G-rate for breakfast. Nobody cares about you amigo.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 02:10:14 PM »
This kid is so lame.

LemonParty

• Rep: -112
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 02:36:29 PM »
 K before i go into this, let me say that while i think this guy is one of the biggest kooks in skating, its definatly not because he goes to the gym and does other shit to help him skating.

Obviously lifting weights and improving your cardio wont help you directly to do a smith grind or whatever specific trick, but it will definatly help your ability to skate like 8hours a day. Doing cardio everyday will increase how long you can skate, and the more/longer you skate, the better you will be. While i dont see how arm workouts are good, i would definatly say there are some gym workouts that would help with the ability to absorb impacts and shit. Im sure theres a ton of muscles that skateboarding doesnt use that you could work out in a gym to help jump higher or take impacts better, or even just improving muscle distribution (if you skate regular too much or something). I can definatly say that it will help avoid injuries though. Skateboarding doesnt work out yuor upper body whatso ever, and I would bet money that your wrists/arms and shit take a much lesser beating if you work them out and shit. Look at johnny layton in the toymachine video extras when hes trying to front board that mega kinked rail that everyone skates over. He flies backwards everytime but never smashes his head like every other pro woulda done. Hes also beef as fuck, leading me to believe his upper body strength has assisted him in avoiding many head injuries. I actually have gained more respect for chaz for actually being so dedicated to skating that he takes time that normal pros would be using to smoke weed/get wasted/ do drugs, and devotes it to increasing his longjevity on a skateboard and reducing probability of injuries.

Whats next? you core faggots gonna start maknig fun of people for stretching before they skate?

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 02:46:03 PM »
working out is all good, but he still looks like he's straight out of jersey shore...

chris cole could probably share some light on the subject too

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 02:48:19 PM »
working out is all good, but he still looks like he's straight out of jersey shore...

chris cole could probably share some light on the subject too

also wenning.

skatelord

• Rep: -1
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 02:49:13 PM »
K before i go into this, let me say that while i think this guy is one of the biggest kooks in skating, its definatly not because he goes to the gym and does other shit to help him skating.

Obviously lifting weights and improving your cardio wont help you directly to do a smith grind or whatever specific trick, but it will definatly help your ability to skate like 8hours a day. Doing cardio everyday will increase how long you can skate, and the more/longer you skate, the better you will be. While i dont see how arm workouts are good, i would definatly say there are some gym workouts that would help with the ability to absorb impacts and shit. Im sure theres a ton of muscles that skateboarding doesnt use that you could work out in a gym to help jump higher or take impacts better, or even just improving muscle distribution (if you skate regular too much or something). I can definatly say that it will help avoid injuries though. Skateboarding doesnt work out yuor upper body whatso ever, and I would bet money that your wrists/arms and shit take a much lesser beating if you work them out and shit. Look at johnny layton in the toymachine video extras when hes trying to front board that mega kinked rail that everyone skates over. He flies backwards everytime but never smashes his head like every other pro woulda done. Hes also beef as fuck, leading me to believe his upper body strength has assisted him in avoiding many head injuries. I actually have gained more respect for chaz for actually being so dedicated to skating that he takes time that normal pros would be using to smoke weed/get wasted/ do drugs, and devotes it to increasing his longjevity on a skateboard and reducing probability of injuries.

Whats next? you core faggots gonna start maknig fun of people for stretching before they skate?

What kind of queer stretches before they skate?  Push around for a little while you jocky jock jock.

sheboyganheadben

• Rep: -21
  • shotgun to the dick
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 02:57:40 PM »
i use to see dude when he was like 11 at contests around wisconsin. his dad use to show up in a full red windbreaker get up and stand on hips and ledges and watch him with his arms crossed. so much for not having a fucking coach, shit was whack as hell. always knew he was going to turn into the kid he is now though. also knew he'd be getting paid. haters gonna hate.

"One time I was on mushrooms and I was skating vert and it was kill. Everything turned into sequences. Kickflips would be like: click, click, click...It was Kill"-Darren Navarette

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2011, 03:06:20 PM »

What kind of queer stretches before they skate?  Push around for a little while you jocky jock jock.

If you still skate in 10 years, which you probably will not, then talk. 

Otherwise, very, very impressive first post.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2011, 03:25:23 PM »
I'm just gonna leave this here.

CHAZ ORTIZ - MEGA RAMP TRICKS #1
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

skatelord

• Rep: -1
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2011, 03:30:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'll be 33 in ten years.  I'm pretty fucking rad so I'm not expecting to make it past 27.

pprovo1

• Rep: -10
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 03:44:31 PM »
I'm just gonna leave this here.

CHAZ ORTIZ - MEGA RAMP TRICKS #1
Not impressed. Where's the christ-air backflips and shit?

Hannity

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2011, 03:59:01 PM »
i use to see dude when he was like 11 at contests around wisconsin. his dad use to show up in a full red windbreaker get up and stand on hips and ledges and watch him with his arms crossed. so much for not having a fucking coach, shit was whack as hell. always knew he was going to turn into the kid he is now though. also knew he'd be getting paid. haters gonna hate.
awesome sig

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2011, 04:02:25 PM »
sheckler works out and he can jump off small mountains. if being a contest skater (like chaz) is your career choice, working out and improving cardio can't hurt.

im probably lying

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2011, 05:02:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I'll be 33 in ten years.  I'm pretty fucking rad so I'm not expecting to make it past 27.

this whole exchange is just awesome. also, I hate Chaz ortizzzzz eyebrow lines.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

superslopp

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2011, 11:18:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

hi troll

petkom

• Rep: 3
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2011, 02:37:34 AM »
the last time i heard that shitty what the fuck song it got stuck in my head for 3 days, thanks for bringing that up!  ;)

mipe

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2011, 02:58:47 AM »
I really want some Gatorade right now

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2011, 03:10:15 AM »
he contradicts himself saying he learns tricks in the park and then takes them to the streets where it really matters. 20 seconds later he talks about not learning tricks but just skating.
1.17 and 1.40
get your shit straight!