Author Topic: Argentina?  (Read 1303 times)

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
Argentina?
« on: August 09, 2011, 06:10:01 PM »
I'll be moving to Argentina (Buenos Aires)  in January, anybody know how the skate scene spots are?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 06:11:33 PM by gsosa »

Matthew Moon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: Argentina?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 08:43:42 PM »
I never been there myself but from I seen from tour video the spots look very fruitful! I bet there is tons more to find too! I heard about a spot in Las Brusquitas. Its a bowl I believe the converse team fix it up while they made prevent this tragedy. I am sure if you ask the locals down there they can point you in the right direction..

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 12:46:18 PM »
Try contacting aleksander or Quilmes Cerveza. They helped me plan a trip to Argentina and Uruguay...but I didn't go due to money issues.
tyronshoelaces (sp) I believed lived in Argentina.

jackherer

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 01:02:30 PM »
plaza houssay or some shit like that is like one subway stop from dt and its pretty sick, ledges, manny pads, 2 big 3's....then theres puerto madero which is like the nicest area of buenos aires, it's kinda like dt but the part closest to the water, everything is really nice there and theres a whole bunch of sick spots, including this plaza thing thats not a skate plaza but might as well be. everything is so perfect, concrete is unreal smooth, whole bunch of ledges, small sets, rails, even a big hubba.

thats about all the spots i got to check out on my short time there. if you're looking for a cheap place to stay i recommend the ritz hotel which is really a hostel, super cheap and the people that work there are jamming.

and january eh, prepare for the hottest fuckin weather you'll ever experience, shit is like 40 degrees (celsius) on a cold day.

aleksander

• Rep: 124
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 08:34:55 PM »
Cool man, you're gonna have a blast. There's a ton of good shit to skate and a good scene too. The shop on the top floor of Bond Street (Santa Fe and Callao roughly) is good and will hook you up with spots too. The post office (Correo Argentina) has a big set and Plaza Houssay like was mentioned is good.

Parque Centenario has a little park ( with Penny) and there's a bump Penny does a switch 360 flip in extremely sorry on Juan B. Justo about 1 block north of Santa Fe. If you go the other way on Juan B. Justo there's a bunch of ledges and some flat gaps. You can take the subte to Flores and skate Backside and supposedly there's a badass new park in Cordoba if you travel out there. PM me if I can help with anything!
"Let's just do something stupid and ridiculous and just be as fucking regular as we possibly can."

RonBurgundy

• Rep: -40
  • from a whale's vagina
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 03:26:53 AM »
dude, stack some cash, your shit is worth 3 times over there, is amazing how cheap living there can be!! ( if you make money in another corrensy of course)

converse opened up a NEAT plaza about 10 minutes from downtown I belive, and puerto madero is one HUGE street spot with tons of stuff

Plaza houssay ( at the facultad de medicina metro station) is a big plaza and pretty nice place to just push around and hit a ledge or many pad here and there tons of fun stuff there, and every saturday it becomes a fucking shopping mall with everyone selling everyting (sakte related) but maybe this is happening ate the converse plaza nowdays, not shure. be shure to bring old decks and whells and truck and even shoes, i sold used maple boards for 100 pesos, and new shoes for 300 in like 10 minutes, true story.

so theres 4 basic things you gotta know:

1.everything is cheap
2.girls are pretty, and sociable.
3.spots are great.
4.you can sell anything and make some money fast.

argentina es lo mejor bolludo!!!!!!!!!

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 05:43:52 PM »
Thanks abunch guys! Can't wait to move there man. Also, how much does a deck (new) cost over there?

Quilmes Cerveza

• Rep: 5
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 07:25:34 AM »
You do not want to buy any new boards down there amigo. They are super pricey, especially for anything by an American company. Plan to take double the amount of what you think you'll need. You can sell a new deck for a good amount, plus they make a great gift for the homies.