Author Topic: Slap people I need help finding out where a store's property extends to  (Read 8877 times)

CigaretteBeer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Today I was busking next to a shopping center and I've talked to several security guards that told me where their property ends and it's safe to play there. The other store doesn't seem to care because nobody has ever said a thing. The place I was playing is near the store but I never cross the line that the security guards said is Target property, but today a new security guard came out and started hassling me, saying I was on his property and if I didn't leave he'd call the cops and have me arrested. I said "I am not leaving because you are lying. I have talked to multiple security guards and managers and every one of them has shown me where your store's property ends", which is Staples, and they do not care if I play there. He had some asshole manager come out and he said they recently bought the piece of sidewalk and something about a new ordinance which he failed to identify when I asked which ordinance he was referring to, he just said "I don't know, it's some new ordinance". I don't understand what an ordinance would have to do with Target's property... He put a no soliciting sign on Staples sidewalk and said I can talk to the cops.

Anyways, I am between jobs, I don't start my next government job until September and I am trying to raise some extra money for my son's funeral and just do something to make extra money so all of my savings doesn't go down the drain. It is very expensive after paying hospital bills, rent, food, etc.. It is not cheap taking care of a family member that passed away. I am guessing I need some kind of map that shows the layout of property in a shopping center. Also, when I find out he is full of shit I would like to do anything I can to get him in trouble because he has to be violating company policy by harassing me on another store's property and putting the Target sign there as well, threatening me with police... My friend works there and said the guy is the biggest asshole he's ever met and he is completely full of shit. Any advice or help wil be greatly appreciated <3 Tim
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

BriDen

Re: Slap people I need help finding out where a store's property extends to
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 08:05:13 PM »
Well what did the cops say? They're the only ones who can actually do anything about it.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 08:17:11 PM »
I think you are in the LA area?  This might do it.  http://assessormap.co.la.ca.us/mapping/viewer.asp

rudolph

• Rep: 2
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 09:00:13 PM »
do a google search for the county assessor, then look up the address and you should see about where the property lines are located.  You can also explore around the area and see if you can find a metal surveyors pin in the ground.

nocomply

• Rep: 147
  • Handsome
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 05:56:04 AM »
Really sorry to hear about your son.

Kab

• Rep: -38
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 06:01:57 AM »
What the fuck, how did your son die?
Down by the river...

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 06:30:48 AM »
Honestly with all the shit you're in the midst of you might want to think about channeling your energy somewhere else. I bet the bank the cops side with the asshole manager, and you'll never win a legal argument on the street with a cop no matter what proof you have.

Can you scope out a backup spot?

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 08:05:12 AM »
Wallet's on point... if cops show up they'll just defer it, tell you to leave and bring it to civil court.

Terribly sorry for your loss man. I can't imagine... just sending condolences concerning this feels weak, I hope you and yours are able to stay strong.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 10:20:21 AM »
Does the guard work for the shopping center or Target? If he works for Target then he's abandoning his post by talking to you in front of Staples. Remember that guards are private citizens and cannot enforce statutes--he can only call the cops. Subsequently, you can ignore him if he's outside his post since the guard is no longer even talking to you as an employee. Let him call the cops and you'll know exactly where you stand on the law.

If the sidewalk lines a public street, then it is never privately owned and is a public forum. In Los Angeles, the line between the sidewalk and public property (you'll see this a lot on wide downtown sidewalks) is denoted by a brass marker and a plaque.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 07:03:21 PM »
Does the guard work for the shopping center or Target? If he works for Target then he's abandoning his post by talking to you in front of Staples. Remember that guards are private citizens and cannot enforce statutes--he can only call the cops. Subsequently, you can ignore him if he's outside his post since the guard is no longer even talking to you as an employee. Let him call the cops and you'll know exactly where you stand on the law.

If the sidewalk lines a public street, then it is never privately owned and is a public forum. In Los Angeles, the line between the sidewalk and public property (you'll see this a lot on wide downtown sidewalks) is denoted by a brass marker and a plaque.

Yep, he's just a Target rent a cop. I am going to call the city and try to get info so I can get a paper that shows where their property ends and bring it with me. Next time he comes out I will show it to them and tell them if they want to call the cops I will contact their corporate office and report them. It has to be against company policy to try and regulate another store's property, threaten me by saying they will call the police and that Target is going to sue me... I wrote their names, time and date and my friend works their so I'm sure I can get the contact info I need to make a complaint and hopefully these assholes get some shit from the top guys. Could I sue for what they did, or could Target be sued by Staples for claiming their property as their own? If so I'd guess they can get into a lot of shit and maybe even get fired.

Honestly with all the shit you're in the midst of you might want to think about channeling your energy somewhere else. I bet the bank the cops side with the asshole manager, and you'll never win a legal argument on the street with a cop no matter what proof you have.

Can you scope out a backup spot?

I left right after because like you said, I will never win a legal argument with a cop. It's a security guard and a store manager against a guy with a 3 week beard, long hair and I'm sure they'd assume all of my profits go to drugs or booze. There are a few other places to play but almost all of them have at least one dickhead that will harass you and I make less money. What usually happens is I find a nice place to play, someone sees I get a lot of tips and then kids and even adults start playing at the same places and they play terrible music or they're obnoxious and a customer complains. I have never had one customer complain but I've had several managers say they have to kick me out because they can get sued if they let me play and kick the other dudes out. Everywhere I play doesn't have a private property sign, and there are also kids and adults selling candy and shit for fake charities and they never get any shit.

I don't really like playing in public, but when I'm in between jobs and my money I've saved starts dwindling I figure I might as well do something to make sure I'm ahead. I guess I have a fear of being poor. The only problem with working for the government is they sometimes space the jobs a month or two apart. After September though I should be set for at least 9 or 10 months, maybe more. Me and my dad are in business together, but it is hard to get enough work...

I really appreciate the tips from everyone. And whoever asked how my son died, it was a miscarriage. My fiance has a small cervix, we had a shitty doctor, it was our last appointment with him and she had the miscarriage an hour after she left... He didn't look at her ultrasounds or do a vaginal exam which probably could have saved the baby because they can sew it closed and do other procedures to save the baby. Her stepdad is a doctor, he said the guy made some horrible excuses, didn't take precautions or do proper examinations, so him and her mother are planning on getting a lawyer to see what we can do. It really has been the worst thing I've ever dealt with. Seeing his baby clothes, toys, ultrasound pictures and going to the funeral home and making his funeral plans kills me. I have faith everything will work out though and me and my fiance will get through this together and try for another child when our lives are where we want.
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

gkn00dlez

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 11:22:48 PM »
the whole time i was reading this topic i was reading "play" as like "playing on skateboard" just thinking cigbeer was phrasing it like that cause he's weird like that, but then in the last post where you said "i don't really like playing in public" it finally clicked that you were talking about an instrument...

Me too. Totally threw me for a loop.
Shit is wack. Who are you hurting playing a little music. Is it hard for the soccer moms to choose which cereal to buy with some tunes playing in the background?

Also my condolences for your family man. Sorry to hear. Keep your head up.

Buddy G

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 01:00:24 AM »
sorry, is it an american thing to have funeral for a miscarried baby and to put the foetus in a funeral home?

i've never heard of that, over here we just flush it and carry on.

BriDen

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 03:30:23 AM »
sorry, is it an american thing to have funeral for a miscarried baby and to put the foetus in a funeral home?

i've never heard of that, over here we just flush it and carry on.

In my 22 years as an American, this is also my first time hearing about a fetus funeral. I can't imagine it'll actually be at the funeral home though, unless maybe cremation?

But yes flushing is the more common procedure.

kevbo999

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 06:13:07 AM »
Having a funeral for an unborn baby seems pretty weird, unless you're really religious.  Especially when you can't afford a kid in the first place.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 06:38:02 AM »
I've never head of one either but miscarriages can be pretty traumatic, especially if late-term.

Growing up I never knew how common miscarriages were until my friends got to the age where they were having kids. A few of my friends went through two or three. Actually I can only think of a couple friends who either didn't have a miscarriage or didn't talk about it. 

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 11:47:11 AM »
Otis fuck you. You are truly a piece of shit to try to take a jab at me about losing my kid and suggesting I couldn't afford it which is absolute bullshit. Briden you will always be a fat acne faced loser. And guy that isn't from America, I don't give a fuck about your countries' customs.

When your kid is over 5 months it does not look like some blob, it looks like a human because it is one... If you are cool with not caring about or remembering a child you were happy about and expecting to have that is fine and you can call it a fetus and let the hospital dispose of it for you.  Me, my family, and especially my fiance were devastated by this and a funeral is what we decided is best. We had him cremated but we still want to have a service for him, that is our choice and I see nothing strange about it. I can't imagine just leaving my child there to be dumped by the hospital, I've never even left a pet at the veterinarian for them to throw away...

Buddy G

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 11:56:26 AM »
Otis fuck you. You are truly a piece of shit to try to take a jab at me about losing my kid and suggesting I couldn't afford it which is absolute bullshit. Briden you will always be a fat acne faced loser. And guy that isn't from America, I don't give a fuck about your countries' customs.

When your kid is over 5 months it does not look like some blob, it looks like a human because it is one... If you are cool with not caring about or remembering a child you were happy about and expecting to have that is fine and you can call it a fetus and let the hospital dispose of it for you.?  Me, my family, and especially my fiance were devastated by this and a funeral is what we decided is best. We had him cremated but we still want to have a service for him, that is our choice and I see nothing strange about it. I can't imagine just leaving my child there to be dumped by the hospital, I've never even left a pet at the veterinarian for them to throw away...

haha

BriDen

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 12:14:45 PM »
Tim, get off the defensive here. Nobody was attacking you personally, and you really don't have to keep repeating yourself. Anyone who matters already understands what you're feeling. BUT (this was PW, otis, BG, and my own original point) no matter how you look at it, it's really unconventional to have a funeral for an unborn fetus. I mean I don't hold services for all the dead sperm after I rub one out.

And you said in the first post that you couldn't afford it. Just try to keep your emotions in check when having a conversation.

I was going to write "R.I.P." but I don't really give a shit about him so he doesn't get one.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 12:18:31 PM »
I misunderstood your first  post in temp gnar a few weeks back, i thought your child died after being born, I didnt know it was a miscarriage, obviosly both are tramatic, but its deffinatly different. I have never heard of a funeral for a miscarriage, sounds awkward at the least.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 04:55:29 PM »
a lot of very insensitive comments in this thread....sorry about your loss man. a miscarriage at the end is definitely rough and this is one of those keep your thoughts to yourself situations if you don't agree with whatever he's doing.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 05:10:06 PM »

Yep, he's just a Target rent a cop. I am going to call the city and try to get info so I can get a paper that shows where their property ends and bring it with me. Next time he comes out I will show it to them and tell them if they want to call the cops I will contact their corporate office and report them. It has to be against company policy to try and regulate another store's property, threaten me by saying they will call the police and that Target is going to sue me... I wrote their names, time and date and my friend works their so I'm sure I can get the contact info I need to make a complaint and hopefully these assholes get some shit from the top guys. Could I sue for what they did, or could Target be sued by Staples for claiming their property as their own? If so I'd guess they can get into a lot of shit and maybe even get fired.

Even talking about suing would be pointless from either side--no judge would hear it. Just remember that guards just do a company's dirty work. You could probably easily get one fired but they'll just replace him with another, or if he's contract, he will just get reassigned.

I'd try to completely ignore the guy at first. Since he can't arrest you, at some point he has to go back in and catch a shoplifter.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 05:14:50 PM »
And to think I was almost the guy to make the, "WTF is a misacarriage funeral" post.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2011, 06:21:45 AM »
a lot of very insensitive comments in this thread....sorry about your loss man. a miscarriage at the end is definitely rough and this is one of those keep your thoughts to yourself situations if you don't agree with whatever he's doing.
its an open forum, he came here to share the information. I have nothing against cigber, I dont even know him, I am just sharing my opinion.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 07:14:20 AM by Beeda Weeda »

Kab

• Rep: -38
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 08:25:00 AM »
Obviously they are having the funeral because it makes them feel better. Yea, you're free to share your opinions but sometimes it's just better to keep your mouth shut, why give the guy a hard time?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 08:26:59 AM by Kab »
Down by the river...

Bantam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • buhgock
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2011, 11:25:04 AM »
This thread is becoming a "who wants Bantam to delete them in the immediate future" beckoning.  Kab and skate_bored are in the right.  They're not saying you're not allowed to speak your mind, they're just pointing out the lack of necessity in it.  It's pretty easy to not be a shithead in this situation.

Kev. has always been the deserving recipient of "Worst Pal" even though (as I've said awhile back) he's nowhere near as bad as he was when he had that shitty job.  He is the definitive "little bitch" of SLAP and always has been.  Briden is the perfect representation of obesity, and I don't mean just physically.  BB, myself, and others would have deleted him a long time ago but we keep him around for occasional video ripping.  Bentmode is irrelevant as a poster and probably as a person in general, so it's hard to care about him.  Beeda is an intelligent, respectable person and showed the difference in how a decent person can mention something when the rest of you try to basically be a troll to Tim as always.  Same goes for PW - he made a mention that he had never heard of one but he never made the choice to be a shithead and do what some of you did.  He's bickered with Tim more than anyone probably, and he still didn't be a dick about it.  I'm sure it's no coincidence that he's an actual good person where as some of you are just shit.  Buddy G might be the worst for being "that guy" and saying it first.  The first part of his post was completely fine, but when he made the comment about flushing he stepped over the line.

A lot of you forget that your existence here isn't something you're just automatically deserving of.  When lines have been crossed in the past people have been handled, and this could easily be one of those situations.  I'm not one to censor, so keep in mind I'm not attacking your right TO post - it's what you post that matters.  You can just as easily be a shit-stirring little troll needing taken care of with a couple posts as you can any other way.  Just keep it respectful.  It's one of those few things that are just as easy said as done.  You're all consciously aware of the difference in what you could have said and what you did say.  There's no response to this part of my post that is needed.  You have the "right" to post, but you also have to right to being backhanded for what you let come out of your own mouth.

When OG Newt posted stuff about Smolik being a pedophile BB bitch slapped him.  When what's his name posted about Clyde Singleton being dead Grim deleted him with the quickness.  When The Draught (just being roped in with The Draught should be enough for you all to focus upon reading this) posted about someone's mother he got temp-banned/put on probation.  There are tons of examples of line crossing.  You've all said your piece, got your rise out of Tim, and pushed your luck for the day.  Just set back and be thankful for the privileges you have (posting, Pal status for some of you, etc).  There's no need for anyone to do anything more than has been done.  The only flushing that can be acceptably talked about in this thread from now on is that of your accounts if you want it that way.

Sniper Rifle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2011, 11:34:32 AM »
People grieve differently. If some of you can't figure that out-too bad I guess. Sorry for your loss Tim. That really sucks. Some of these comments would be like me drinking a beer and blowing cigarette smoke in your face after telling me your baby miscarried and then laughing about it. I would never do that though-even if I didn't like you. Typing stuff like that on the internet is pretty much the same thing-except you are faceless and nameless. Once again,sorry Tim. Some of you people seriously need to grow the fuck up,get off your high horse and be considerate. Being a smartass on the internet or in real life will you nowhere fast.

BriDen

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2011, 07:52:24 PM »
Bantam go back to the FUUUUU thread; it's all you're good for.

SLAP Forum - Code of Conduct

Hey, we all want the Slap forums to continue doing what they do, to be the crazy f**ked-up place we all know and love, but events of the last week or so convinced us that it's time to establish a simple Code of Conduct - for both our users and administrators to follow. Users who violate these terms will be suspended for the first offense. A second violation means banning for good. Administrators are expected to uphold the highest standard of conduct, and those who fail to do so will be stripped of their authority. Terms are as follows:

1. Do not upload, post, request, or link to anything that violates local or United States law.
   2. If you are under the age of 18 it is illegal for you to view some materials contained on this website. If you encounter any of this material, discontinue browsing immediately.
   3. No IP address, physical address, phone number, email address, or personal information not made public by the affiliated person can be posted by anyone on the site at any time or under any circumstance, without written consent from the person affiliated with the information.
   4. 'Photoshopping' or otherwise altering the image of any underage person into pornographic images or situations is not allowed. Report this violation to our administrators and we will evaluate the transgression.
   5. Submitting false reports or otherwise abusing the report system is an offense.

Please further review Terms and Condition if you have any other questions.

We all agree about the need to respect others' anonymity and privacy. Like we said, our administrators will be held to the exact same accountability as you. Cross the line, you get bounced.

We encourage comments that:

* Are "on topic," and that respond to the content in the article or blog post
    * Are responses to comments left by other readers
    * Are brief and to-the-point
    * Have a positive/constructive tone
    * Are open to being contradicted by other readers
    * Might disagree with the content in the article or blog post, but never personally attack the writer of the article or blog post, or other commenters

We discourage comments that:

* Are not "on topic," or are not responding to other comments or the content in the article or blog post
    * Insult the writer of the article or blog post or other commenters
    * Are excessively long or negative in tone

We reserve the right to delete comments, without notice, that:

* Are fraudulent, unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit, or indecent
    * Are derogatory of others on the basis of political affiliation, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, or disability
    * Constitute or encourage conduct that would violate any local, state, national, or international laws
    * Violate, plagiarize, or infringe the rights of third parties, including copyright, trademark, trade secret, confidentiality, contract, patent, or rights of privacy
    * Contain advertising
    * Are by commenters who misidentify or misrepresent themselves
    * Contain personal information (addresses, phone numbers, etc) about the comment's author or others
    * Violate any of SLAPmagazine.com's Terms and Conditions.

Frequent violations of SLAPmagazine.com's Terms of Use will cause a commenter's registration and profile to be closed without notice, and for their IP address to be blocked from use on SLAPmagazine.com. If you have questions about this policy, about comments on specific articles or blog posts, or about comments that have been deleted, please email [email protected]

According to all of Slap's rules, the only people in this whole thread whose posts should be deleted are Bantam and Cigbeer.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2011, 10:23:05 PM »
You got me wrong.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Bantam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • buhgock
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2011, 10:54:57 PM »
Responding to Briden -

You're an idiot and have proven it in the past, but I guess you want to again.  Ever since I got worthy internet I've uploaded/re-upped what I could, which makes me already as valuable as you are.  So you telling me all I'm good for is the FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU thread is like telling me to contribute all that you do + that little bit more that so many get enjoyment from.  Not to mention minus I've been more active as an admin than anyone else since Dean left.  The mod log contains more than enough proof of that.  Pretty funny that you would even come at me with anything close to "all you're good for" when I can put forth anything you can plus a lot more.

On that note, good riddance.  You're the exact type of poster that made so many quality members leave or resort to lurking.  No one wants to deal with people like you in threads doing your ball-less, backhanded trolling.  You've did it so much.  You've squeaked by over the years (and I mean that, as you were talked about over past incidents among admins/mods) because of your join date.  People like you always get numerous free passes on message boards because people confuse join dates and post counts with worth.  Between "ahh, he's been around awhile" and you ripping a few videos you're still here to mock the death of someone's son.  You should have been axed just the same as any other person who's said the type of shit you've puked out of that trollmouth of yours.  You're no different than anyone else who makes a mockery out of other communities members' losses, you just try to word things giving you the ability to say "don't be defensive" or "calm down" and then to claim you weren't taking the tone that you were or had the goals that you did if your back gets pushed against the wall.

Thanks for posting those rules because it gives you the ability to read them yourself and learn what a few of those terms actually mean so when you read, "Frequent violations of SLAPmagazine.com's Terms of Use will cause a commenter's registration and profile to be closed without notice, and for their IP address to be blocked from use on SLAPmagazine.com." you'll know that your deletion is fully justified.  This is not the first time you've did this whatsoever I remind you.  It wasn't very long ago you came into a certain thread you never participate in just to try your backhanded trolling with me making light of the death of a beloved pet I had just lost.  If someone attacked you about the loss of your child or immediate family member I would do the same to them.  I was just trying to let this go as Tim already had to deal with what was said in this thread and I was too late to prevent it entirely.

Hopefully this will allow others to learn from your example, mistakes, and overall lack of quality as a member of our community.  If they want to make light of this again they'll know they had already been given a chance - just like you received after doing the things you did in the past.

Goodbye.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2011, 09:10:52 AM »
Briden is also the type of fuck head that would go out of his way to kook someone everyday. Being inconsiderate to Tim is pathetic on all of your parts. I dont think any of you understand the emotional connection involved when having a child, born or unborn. I back Bantam on everything done here today, Kev should be banned too, he contributes nothing and is a fucking loser too.

Tim, Im sorry this is something you had to deal with.