Author Topic: Timing lights when bombing hills  (Read 1187 times)

weaselhead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 36
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Timing lights when bombing hills
« on: August 23, 2011, 05:36:16 PM »
Does anyone know how to do this? I notice in the hills episode of shore break baby that julien and frank timed some of the lights...It seems light it might just be instinct but I was just wondering if anyone had any pointers? Thanks
I heard it today, "make money, buy sandwiches".

weaselhead

• Rep: 36
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Timing lights when bombing hills
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 05:37:33 PM »
It's at :54 sec...
I heard it today, "make money, buy sandwiches".

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 02:29:35 AM »
you really want a tip on how to observe traffic lights? when they are green Its save to pass the street, when they're red it's not safe. this ain't fucking rocket science.
but to be honest julien and frank have an iphone app called "traffic light timer", they can rely on. no need do think five minutes and check the traffic before you bomb a hill anymore. other than that i'd suggest you a invisible shield, but they are expensive.
people these days...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 04:51:59 AM by pica »

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 02:53:51 PM »
just close your eyes and go

BlackEye77

• Rep: -94
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 01:38:27 PM »
Does anyone know how to do this? I notice in the hills episode of shore break baby that julien and frank timed some of the lights...It seems light it might just be instinct but I was just wondering if anyone had any pointers? Thanks

Is this a serious question? I've bombed many SF hills and yeah, it's smart to observe the lights for a couple of rotations, then do your best to hit the greens. Pretty common sense, just go to a hill and try it. No advice should be needed.

If you can't figure out how to avoid getting hit by a car, go out late at night to increase your chanced of survival.