Author Topic: Charleston SC  (Read 1461 times)

???

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 86
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Charleston SC
« on: September 19, 2011, 09:52:44 PM »
going on a business trip in a few weeks. probably little time for skating, but any ideas for nightlife/restaurant ideas.

filter

• Rep: 7
Re: Charleston SC
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 12:29:39 AM »
stay out of north charleston

???

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 06:38:18 PM »
stay out of north charleston

I am staying next to the airport and my companys office is in north charleston :(

filter

• Rep: 7
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 03:55:42 PM »
welp. statistically it has one of the worst murder/violence rates in the country but as long you dont go out looking for directions or something you should be fine... lol

i haven't been there in 5 years but downtown around charleston college was the best/most hip hang out spot. theres also some great beaches and plenty of touristy stuff if you're into that. this probably isnt helpful but nobody else is posting so meh

ryangoose

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 02:03:54 PM »
Up and down King St is where the majority of downtown Charleston nightlife spots are. Continuum skateshop is just a few blocks off on Spring St, there are more bars/restaurants at the ends with lots of decent shops throughout. As far as beaches go, IOP is most touristy but there's a pretty cool beach bar where you can drink in the sun without dealing with cop troubles. I'd have to ask some friends for more but that's what I can give you off the top of my head. I know some of the bars will be more college-y since College of Charleston is right there but I believe the other end is slightly older.

baconeggandcheese

• Rep: 41
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 02:38:21 PM »
Go to Thee Southern Belle.  It's a great strip club, BYOB, real hot girls, funny people.  Go out on King St and Market St.  There are so many hot girls in Charleston it's rediculous, I hope you're single.  One of my favorite cities in the country.  Also by the water, I think the french quarter, has big old southern mansions.  The architecture and history is amazing there, and throughout the city, there's a lot of history.  Go to Mt. Pleasant if you like seafood and don't wanna pay downtown seafood prices.  Hominy Grill has great authentic southern food, as does Jestines (soul food).
I actually did hit another skater in the face with my shoe once at a demo doing a shoes fly off kickflip but he was cool with it.

???

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 06:34:13 PM »
thanks for the heads up everybody. I'll do my best not to get killed in North Charleston, However, I will have a rental car, so night life stuff will be an option. Actually, kind of want to go to Fort Sumter..... see some civil war stuff.