Author Topic: Anthony Pappalardo Off The Grid  (Read 31387 times)

ige

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -74
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Anthony Pappalardo Off The Grid
« Reply #180 on: September 18, 2011, 11:08:21 AM »
That ad is 3 years old.

LemonParty

• Rep: -112
« Reply #181 on: September 18, 2011, 02:21:25 PM »
damn in that case...

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #182 on: September 18, 2011, 02:37:32 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, that ad has been around since before Fully Flared
ableSkateMag.com

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #183 on: September 18, 2011, 03:19:25 PM »
Expand Quote
kooks eh? well it's close to midnight here in san francisco & it's freezing & there are no indoor skateparks so there's no way i can skate. we're discussing things about skateboarding, something a lot of us take seriously because we love it. &talking about skating is what we do when we're not skating because we love it. &having an opinion that's against yours makes us kooks? look in the mirror, kook.

just a little off topic, the word kook starts to sound really funny/awkward after you say it a lot.
[close]

really can't imagine it being "freezing" in san francisco at midnight at this time of year, man up.
Nope, theotis is right, it was in the upper 40s and foggy wet. No fun at all.

I'm backing him as far as what he said about pops too. Dudes last part came out four years ago, he's had maybe six pics/ads since then, none of them being particularly noteworthy. I agree that "if people still buy his boards, then what does it matter?", but it frustrates me to see someone who has one of the best jobs in the world use it as an opportunity to do nothing. Those ollies, the one fs board and shove-it looked way weaker than they should have, were he still skating on a regular basis. That just makes me wonder if he really is going out and skating anymore. Then, if he doesn't care enough to put the effort in, move on and make room for some of the younger guys who are still excited about skating.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #184 on: September 18, 2011, 03:41:07 PM »
Expand Quote
HAHAHAHA, SOME OF YOU ACTUALLY EXPECT HIS CHOCOLATE PART TO BE GOOD
[close]

This is the kind of shit I like seeing from Pops (I am aware this is old but still.) For example his Fully Flared part was way more basic, but it was still very sick shit on somewhat unique spots. If he's going to go the basic route he should atleast do it on some legit spots.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #185 on: September 18, 2011, 06:14:09 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, that ad has been around since before Fully Flared
From SPOT website
 Transworld Magazine - August 2008
Full Page, Advertisement: 5-0 grind on a flat ledge into a bank for a Chocolate ad. Photo by Unknown Company: Chocolate

Can't believe it's over 3 years old already.  I was going to guess a year or two max.  Time flies.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

pushingupdaisies

« Reply #186 on: September 19, 2011, 12:33:40 AM »
i was skating in brooklyn about a week ago and passed by him walking. that should say enough to those who are "backing him".

ilovecotg

• Rep: -7
« Reply #187 on: September 19, 2011, 03:45:59 AM »
i was skating in brooklyn about a week ago and passed by him walking. that should say enough to those who are "backing him".

A pro must have a board on them at all times?

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #188 on: September 19, 2011, 07:18:27 AM »
That being said, it is a cool idea. If it had Gerwer or someone like that killing it at night it would be awesome.

Fuck yea - couldn't agree more..!

VictoriousOG

« Reply #189 on: September 19, 2011, 07:49:13 AM »
I admit, on a pro level of skating, this was weak. But, I really enjoyed it. Like Sweater said, its a close picture to my nights skating downtown. Running 3 or 4 dudes deep, hitting spot to spot. You only have time to do what you have first try. Dealing with drunkards trying ride your board. He skated some cool spots too. I would love to ATLEAST have Pappalardo back in his Fully Flared days.

hekkahyphy

« Reply #190 on: September 19, 2011, 09:31:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

joey peppers always walking around brooklyn

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #191 on: September 19, 2011, 11:05:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i enjoy walking, riding my bicycle, AND skating around brooklyn.  the first two are nice because you can do them with gurlz.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #192 on: September 19, 2011, 01:33:33 PM »
I get the point of "Off The Grid" and that it's about cruising the streets, but it seemed like Pops planned allot of that part out setting up all those plywood/wood crate obstacles.

Isaiah Kemp

• Rep: 7
« Reply #193 on: September 19, 2011, 01:39:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

i enjoy walking, riding my bicycle, AND skating around brooklyn.  the first two are nice because you can do them with gurlz.

What the fuck are girls?

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #194 on: September 19, 2011, 01:41:54 PM »

Hatechild

« Reply #195 on: September 19, 2011, 01:45:20 PM »

pushingupdaisies

« Reply #196 on: September 19, 2011, 09:17:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

other than the fact that one of the most innovative skateboarders has converted his unmatched style to ollies and 50-50s and he lives in a land of asphalt. i'd say its pretty fucking disappointing when you see one of the greats just walking around.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #197 on: September 19, 2011, 09:57:57 PM »
Pops was never 'one of the greats'.

Unless the list of greats runs in the hundreds and includes people like Israel Forbes.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #198 on: September 19, 2011, 10:04:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

other than the fact that one of the most innovative skateboarders has converted his unmatched style to ollies and 50-50s and he lives in a land of asphalt. i'd say its pretty fucking disappointing when you see one of the greats just walking around.
How old are you?
I am 24.

Buddy G

« Reply #199 on: September 19, 2011, 11:37:16 PM »

Unless the list of greats runs in the hundreds and includes people like Israel Forbes.

harsh.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -598
  • who knows
« Reply #200 on: September 19, 2011, 11:56:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

harsh.

haha i lol'd that is harsh! 
where is home?

Facehead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95
« Reply #201 on: September 20, 2011, 12:29:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

harsh.

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #202 on: September 20, 2011, 07:56:12 AM »

pushingupdaisies

« Reply #203 on: September 20, 2011, 09:25:40 AM »

you're trying to tell me when his photosynthesis part dropped that wasn't completely monumental to New York skateboarding basically giving him a hall pass to rise to the title of "one of the most tech skateboarders of his time" along with kalis and all of those other dudes. why do you think his "old style" is talked about so much and Israel Forbes is probably dead in some gutter out side of Santa Cruz.

pushingupdaisies

« Reply #204 on: September 20, 2011, 09:27:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
How old are you?
I am 24.

you're also uneducated, but i could see why you'd want to keep that one under wraps.

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #205 on: September 20, 2011, 10:26:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
How old are you?
I am 24.
[close]

you're also uneducated, but i could see why you'd want to keep that one under wraps.
Please, do explain. I am too uneducated to understand.
How old are you?

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #206 on: September 20, 2011, 10:27:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
How old are you?
I am 24.
[close]

[close]
How old are you?

you are playing a dangerous game here. if he is older than you, he must be smarter, so take care.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #207 on: September 20, 2011, 11:30:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
How old are you?
I am 24.
[close]

[close]
How old are you?
[close]

you are playing a dangerous game here. if he is older than you, he must be smarter, so take care.
due to internet anonymity he can feel free to insert any age above 24.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
« Reply #208 on: September 20, 2011, 11:31:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
How old are you?
I am 24.
[close]

[close]
How old are you?
[close]

[close]
due to internet anonymity he can feel free to insert any age above 24.

he would be lying then. that has no acceptance on slap. only the truth. and kittens.

earlygrab

« Reply #209 on: September 20, 2011, 11:40:37 AM »
saying that you dont respect a pro cause they didn't have a skateboard with them when you saw them is like hearing a kid upset that Santa is at more than one mall.