Author Topic: Anthony Pappalardo Off The Grid  (Read 31370 times)

bighead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
Anthony Pappalardo Off The Grid
« on: September 14, 2011, 02:13:40 PM »

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
Re: Anthony Pappalardo Off The Grid
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 02:22:00 PM »
kys

billy McGivern

• Rep: -4
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 02:23:55 PM »
this fucking sucked.

arcam

• Rep: -65
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 02:32:05 PM »
has to be an inside joke

Bertie

• Rep: 65
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 02:35:13 PM »
It's a video of a dude skating all night, exploring the city until the sun comes up and you're bummed? Quit skating.
(not a video part or commercial, guys)

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 02:36:51 PM »
I enjoyed that.

alienlurkshop

• Rep: -31
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 02:37:08 PM »
wow he sucks

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 02:53:03 PM »
that was dope!!

and i cant stand pops.

looked like he was having fun.

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 02:53:59 PM »
I enjoyed that.
I would enjoy skating all night, hitting up random spots like Pops was, but I didn't enjoy this clip. He looked totally listless and sluggish. I felt uncomfortable watching him.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

McBrandt

• Rep: -13
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 02:54:22 PM »
I love Pops, and I think I understand (and dig) the idea of this. But honestly, I expect a little bit more than a few curb ollies around a couple drunk patrons and a plywood wedge ramp ollie. I mean, I guess he has to take what's offered in that area where his dart hit, but everyone else seemed to come up with more under the same circumstances.

LoserMachine

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 02:58:14 PM »
Awesome.

foureyedjim

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 03:09:41 PM »
Didn't hate it, didn't love it.

I like Eli Reed and Zared's rainy day off the grid the best out of all of them so far

In conclusion, anything is better than Chaz Ortiz's super boring one

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 03:18:59 PM »
The weird awning bank thing that he drops in on and cuts of the side , when the guy asks what all the noise is, is pretty gnarly. Im  pretty sure billy Rohan did it in the Mandibleclaw vid.

Apart from that, every time he did an ollie I was hoping for at least one kickflip, but whatever. Ill decide when I see his footy in the choco video, as this is the berrics and therefor irrelevant.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 03:19:52 PM »
How is he still pro?  I don't even understand why he did this feature.  I don't even see this as a good career move because kids are going to see this and wonder who the fuck this guy is and why is he on my skate radar.  I don't think his sponsors will be too excited if he gets a bunch of negative feedback from the masses.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

bighead

• Rep: 4
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 03:23:04 PM »
How is he still pro?  I don't even understand why he did this feature.  I don't even see this as a good career move because kids are going to see this and wonder who the fuck this guy is and why is he on my skate radar.  I don't think his sponsors will be too excited if he gets a bunch of negative feedback from the masses.

Only problem with that is... If you are creating conversation, then you've won. Some people will give it shit on the forum, but overall I have a feeling it will be received well.

jeremy france

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 03:25:02 PM »
Loved the dude puking out of the cab. Cool being able to see the nightlife of the city from a skaters p.o.v. The skating itself was not that exciting, I understand it wasn't a commercial or banging new video part. I could watch Gonz or Jason Adams skate a parking lot all night and it would be more exciting.

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 03:28:44 PM »
SO EAST COAST, BRO

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2011, 03:59:37 PM »
I liked it, and keep your jockified babylon to yourself and chase the "RADiKal Trixxzzz" dragon down on abc or fox televising street league, cause I hope to see more videos like it in the future.
When I go out skating late at night, I'm not exactly kickflipping my dick off either, nor would I take more than 2 tries at anything before moving on and skating to the next spot. This was a good, unfiltered, (and im gonna cringe a little bit with this last one...) and raw depiction of what skateboarding means to someone like me, and what an average night rolling around the neighborhood feels like.
I'm not bringing a generator along with me.
No I don't wanna watch the shot we just got.
Fuck a car, cellphone, or anything in my pockets 'sept a sweaty dollar for a bottle of water.
Lets go see whats over there.
And then take a different way back.
@idealhandmades

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 04:12:13 PM »
Where the fuck was this nigga at when he threw that dart though LMFAO.

onelouder

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2011, 04:13:56 PM »
I liked it, and keep your jockified babylon to yourself and chase the "RADiKal Trixxzzz" dragon down on abc or fox televising street league, cause I hope to see more videos like it in the future.
When I go out skating late at night, I'm not exactly kickflipping my dick off either, nor would I take more than 2 tries at anything before moving on and skating to the next spot. This was a good, unfiltered, (and im gonna cringe a little bit with this last one...) and raw depiction of what skateboarding means to someone like me, and what an average night rolling around the neighborhood feels like.
Fuck a car, cellphone, or anything in my pockets 'sept a sweaty dollar for a bottle of water.

sweatercuff summed it up

Sw

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 04:15:14 PM »
i liked it a lot. i can't front though, i was hoping for some flatground cruising flips. not because that's what i like to see from all skaters, but that's what i came up seeing from pops. he'd always throw in a couple flatground tricks in his lines. didn't bum me out though. i liked it.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

jkorzo08

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2011, 04:41:43 PM »
I'm backing shit like this because i'm from the east coast. however, this was dog shit

Kab

• Rep: -38
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2011, 04:45:16 PM »

So deep dude, I'm touched.

Not. This fucking sucked. Skating is about pushing fast and going for it with your friends, not being a lazy weirdo who can barely push and is all hunched over like a scoliosis patient. When you stop caring about being trendy on SLAP maybe you'll see that.
Down by the river...

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2011, 04:53:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Skating is about pushing fast and going for it with your friends, not being a lazy weirdo who can barely push and is all hunched over like a scoliosis patient. When you stop caring about being trendy on SLAP maybe you'll see that.
^I'd enjoy watching a video about that too. But I think theres a lot of room to be explored with different levels of "intensity" when it comes to making skateboarding videos. And this one was easier for me to relate to than most videos nowadays. I've had plenty of nights that felt exactly like that video. It's cool to see something different from most videos, and yet familiar to my real-life experience of skating.
@idealhandmades

nylin

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2011, 05:13:33 PM »
I enjoyed that.

I came into this thread hoping it wasn't a joke and was siked that it was real.

Benny Hanna

• Rep: -5
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2011, 05:32:16 PM »
How is he still pro? ? I don't even understand why he did this feature. ? I don't even see this as a good career move because kids are going to see this and wonder who the fuck this guy is and why is he on my skate radar. ? I don't think his sponsors will be too excited if he gets a bunch of negative feedback from the masses.

Because maybe his sponsors see more in him then just what a bunch of cynical/opnionated kids say about him on the interwebs ?

era

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2011, 05:35:05 PM »
I understand pushing down the street fun, and just cruising maybe showcasing Brooklyn.  But pops just looked uncomfortable on his skateboard. Even the little pop ollies he was doing looked struggled.  I thought pops was the shit before but now it looks like hes been spending too much time making those little tables and not enough skating.  I think the people hoping for a solid pops part in the Chocolate video are going to be extremely let down.  Hopefully I am wrong.

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2011, 05:39:46 PM »
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

StarkyLove

• Rep: -119
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2011, 05:45:00 PM »
this feature is perfect for his skating.

dude is a bum though, i will not judge him for this because everyone who has done this Off The Grid (title makes no sense to me, they throw a dart that is on the grid, whatever) does simple tricks. 

Schmaltz

• Rep: -55
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2011, 05:58:35 PM »