Author Topic: What are immediate put-off's when you walk into a shop for the 1st time?  (Read 42280 times)

Dontfearthereefer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
Re: What are immediate put-off's when you walk into a shop for the 1st time?
« Reply #150 on: January 10, 2013, 08:37:21 AM »
Expand Quote
chicks that dont skate gripping my board with crazy scissors
[close]
Nobody above 14 should get another person to grip their board for them anyway. It's like getting a dude with a bigger dick to fuck your girlfriend for you but worst.

thats sig worthy

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #151 on: January 10, 2013, 08:46:45 AM »
If I walk into a shop and a girl is in there I usually get scared and walk out and go home and jerk off.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #152 on: January 10, 2013, 09:14:06 AM »
man my shitty hasnt had a legit skateshop in like 6 years now all we have is chadrick 49 and all they sell is funkin nick garcias pro element boards, moonboot osiris, element shoes fuckin gator ass shit man, hot chicks that are dumb as fuck. fuckin shitty mall hipsters, swag kids, soccer moms, smelly foreign people. mall shops are the worst, plus u cant even buy plain black grip, you can only get it if u buy fuckin dick senoritas board fuckin pissin me ill tell ya what

thank god for the internet

GZA liquidswords

« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2013, 07:57:10 PM »
man my shitty hasnt had a legit skateshop in like 6 years now all we have is chadrick 49 and all they sell is funkin nick garcias pro element boards, moonboot osiris, element shoes fuckin gator ass shit man, hot chicks that are dumb as fuck. fuckin shitty mall hipsters, swag kids, soccer moms, smelly foreign people. mall shops are the worst, plus u cant even buy plain black grip, you can only get it if u buy fuckin dick senoritas board fuckin pissin me ill tell ya what

i feel your pain on not having a skateshop besides chain stores, our only local shop that was hooking all of us up got destroyed by the owner, so now its either order online or go to west 49 and get your trucks put on backwards by some dumb kid

Otis Fatona-Pinet

• Rep: -12
« Reply #154 on: February 27, 2013, 01:27:09 PM »
My local shop is sick, the know my board, and wheel size, and what kind of wood I ride, I also get 20% off plus free grip and stickers, instead of paying 85-90 bucks for a board, grip and stickers I get em all for 70 :D

hornyrick

• Rep: -5
« Reply #155 on: February 27, 2013, 04:53:34 PM »
Seeing blacks behind the counter  :-X.     Ya that's right I said it!

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #156 on: February 27, 2013, 05:02:39 PM »
When I was in South-Africa a few years ago I went to a skateshop because it was a lot cheaper than back home in Holland. The shop I went to had plenty of boards twice as cheap as back here so I planned to buy a few boards. Talked a bit to the dude who worked there and suddenly he asked what my best trick was. I was paralyzed, confused and hurted myself in confusion. I said to him that if the boards weren't that cheap I would have left the shop.
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #157 on: February 27, 2013, 05:47:20 PM »
^ that's the worst. It's bad enough when it's just some random, but a skateshop employee? Ick.

About ten years ago or so, I was at some shop a buddy drug me to that he was trying to get sponsored by. The guy working approached me unwarranted while I was watching some video and started talking to me about how good one of their riders was. I was initially disinterested, but totally shut down when he said the kid laser-flip noseblunt slid the local park rail.

Don't need to mention the place by name as I don't remember, and they're long out of business, thankfully.

Another place, we were asking as to locations to a ledge spot we've seen in videos. The guy was nice enough and gave us reliable directions, but not before illustrating tricks team riders have done by way of fingerboard on a hand-crafted ledge.
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

Shredsledder

« Reply #158 on: March 03, 2013, 03:08:12 AM »
I've noticed that I don't like shops that are overly clean. Like Supreme in NY, or GOODS/Alive & Well in Seattle, I tend to support shops that are more unrefined.

I just realized I think all those shops have hardwood floors, maybe i just like skateshops with rugs.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #159 on: March 05, 2013, 11:40:10 AM »
Expand Quote
If I walk into a shop and a girl is in there I usually get scared and walk out and go home and jerk off.
[close]
man, you are funny!

brokenheadphone

• Rep: -3
« Reply #160 on: March 05, 2013, 12:53:06 PM »
Even if the shopowners and people working there are cool, most shops are a let down in the hard goods department. I understand they have to stock what sells (i.e. what is popular among the average 15 year old kid), but when you are completely ignoring most of the 30+ demographic by failing to stock wider boards, trucks (8.5''+), and larger wheels (55mm+) in any decent quantity or variety that means my money goes to a store that sells online. Same thing with decent pads for transition riding. IMHO shops are making a huge mistake by ignoring the older demographic because we have more disposable income to spend on skate stuff than your average kid. This means that the only things I'm going to buy from the local shop are skate videos and mags and/or the occasional pair of shoes/t-shirt/hoodie.

steenz

« Reply #161 on: March 14, 2013, 11:41:10 AM »
dirtbike brands

Applesalad

• Rep: -3

rulletull

• Rep: -36
« Reply #163 on: March 20, 2013, 12:50:59 PM »
longboards. adio shoes. zoo york boards

rulletull

• Rep: -36
« Reply #164 on: March 20, 2013, 12:57:33 PM »
When I was in South-Africa a few years ago I went to a skateshop because it was a lot cheaper than back home in Holland. The shop I went to had plenty of boards twice as cheap as back here so I planned to buy a few boards. Talked a bit to the dude who worked there and suddenly he asked what my best trick was. I was paralyzed, confused and hurted myself in confusion. I said to him that if the boards weren't that cheap I would have left the shop.

Jesus Fernandez once asked me what my best trick was.

4wheels

« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2013, 07:00:09 PM »
probably someone at the counter that doesnt skate

• Rep: 12
« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2013, 07:19:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Jesus Fernandez once asked me what my best trick was.

lol

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #167 on: April 02, 2013, 12:59:54 PM »
scooters. IE http://detroitcityskateboards.com/

ive never been in there for the simple reason that its called "detroit city skateboards" and its more than 30 miles away from detroit. it doesnt surprise me that they also sell scooters.

the only time i really go to shitty shops is if im on vacation and happen to stroll past a skate shop. ive been to some decent ones, but most of them suck. ive been to one that was just part of a touristy gift shop. one that was half guitar shop, half skate shop. most recently i was in one that was your typical skate/snowboard shop (when you live in michigan, these are very common) but it had a swag wall which was something i had never seen. one of the guys working there made sure to tell me that he could embroider anything i wanted on a new era hat for just a few extra bucks. there was also this girl there who i over heard say this "yeah, im from cali, so i know a good shop when i see one," letting the staff that their shop was indeed cali girl approved.

4wheels

« Reply #168 on: April 02, 2013, 06:57:45 PM »
"yeah, im from cali, so i know a good shop when i see one," letting the staff that their shop was indeed cali girl approved.
hahahahaha

J>J Knick

• Rep: -4
« Reply #169 on: April 02, 2013, 08:27:16 PM »
If I don't get a "How ya doing today" or they don't have and Santa Cruz shit.
Or if a shop has used snowboards for sale. 

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1955
« Reply #170 on: April 03, 2013, 12:37:59 AM »
Expand Quote

ive never been in there for the simple reason that its called "detroit city skateboards" and its more than 30 miles away from detroit. it doesnt surprise me that they also sell scooters.

the only time i really go to shitty shops is if im on vacation and happen to stroll past a skate shop. ive been to some decent ones, but most of them suck. ive been to one that was just part of a touristy gift shop. one that was half guitar shop, half skate shop. most recently i was in one that was your typical skate/snowboard shop (when you live in michigan, these are very common) but it had a swag wall which was something i had never seen. one of the guys working there made sure to tell me that he could embroider anything i wanted on a new era hat for just a few extra bucks. there was also this girl there who i over heard say this "yeah, im from cali, so i know a good shop when i see one," letting the staff that their shop was indeed cali girl approved.

Haha, holly shit, what shop was this? (I'm a Michigander as well.)

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #171 on: April 03, 2013, 07:34:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Haha, holly shit, what shop was this? (I'm a Michigander as well.)

Casualties in Marquette. Stopped in when I was in the UP last winter.
http://ridewithcasualties.com/

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #172 on: April 04, 2013, 07:39:08 PM »
I only go to shops with candy dispensers and free lowcards.

If they don't have a couch or a place to chill, forget about it...

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

BasicSkaater *Undead*

• Rep: -8
  • Emurica
when they sell plastic DC, Osiris shoe shit
My setup
Toy Machine Deck
Independence Trucks
Bones Wheels
Whatever Bearings
Emerica Shoes

xeric716x

• Rep: 0
my local shop rules.

no complaints

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
chicks that dont skate gripping my board with crazy scissors
[close]
Nobody above 14 should get another person to grip their board for them anyway. It's like getting a dude with a bigger dick to fuck your girlfriend for you but worst.
[close]

thats sig worthy

Having someone grip or setup your stuff when youre above 14 is just weird, except if you make them know you can do it yourself but you wanna make them your bitch.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
"yeah, im from cali, so i know a good shop when i see one," letting the staff that their shop was indeed cali girl approved.
[close]
hahahahaha

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal

Having a mall shop as your local blows, thats why i dont support my "local" shop, can you believe they rarely have black mob, and what they always have is this piece of shit for 10 bucks

Id rather skate without grip

StimCoCruzer

its always a bummer to see tons of nikes, adidas and converse and barely any core shoe brands.

boards that dont have their dimensions clearly marked

employees that dont really know shit, or care to show you product

i like the shops that always have vids on, tools you can use to set up your board, and maybe a few seats. also if they dont mind you just chilling for a minute and waiting for the homies to meet up.

Keirabug

• Rep: -20
Obese people for sure I mean you don't have to be skinny but if I can tell you can't even Ollie I don't even want you to try and talk about skating with me. The worst for sure is a fat chick though like how the hell are you working here? Do they even carry clothes in your size? Hot chicks are alright but when they try to talk skating please just don't let me buy my shit and peace out.