Author Topic: Baggy Clothing Appreciation (RIP)  (Read 30339 times)

straight

Re: Baggy Clothing Appreciation (RIP)
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2015, 08:51:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What is he up to nowadays?  Still skating?
[close]
Guess he is still skating, looks like he is doing handpainted signs in Salt Lake City his insta is @lookatthatsign
[close]

Yeah, he definitely doesn't wear baggy clothes no more, but still skates good. I know the fedora is looked down upon, but it somewhat works with this guy.
AUSTIN NAMBA GROOVIN IT!
[close]
Whoa, skating was really good, and for some reason I enjoyed that Latino groove. But how do you go from xxl to the tightest gear with a fedroa? I know most people have slimmed up their kit, but thats a complete lifestyle change.
[close]

You find god, I guess? There's a bunch of "pray for peace" slogans in his stuff.
God ain't "bout it-bout it".

"The only way to peace it to love one another"

Proofread dude. Also skating was horrendous. Late 90s fake style. Where you bend you're knees way after you landed the trick. I watched it all the way through like a lifetime movie. So terrible that it was enjoyable.

franquietits

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2015, 10:27:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What is he up to nowadays?  Still skating?
[close]
Guess he is still skating, looks like he is doing handpainted signs in Salt Lake City his insta is @lookatthatsign
[close]

Yeah, he definitely doesn't wear baggy clothes no more, but still skates good. I know the fedora is looked down upon, but it somewhat works with this guy.
AUSTIN NAMBA GROOVIN IT!
[close]
Whoa, skating was really good, and for some reason I enjoyed that Latino groove. But how do you go from xxl to the tightest gear with a fedroa? I know most people have slimmed up their kit, but thats a complete lifestyle change.
[close]

You find god, I guess? There's a bunch of "pray for peace" slogans in his stuff.
God ain't "bout it-bout it".
[close]

"The only way to peace it to love one another"

Proofread dude. Also skating was horrendous. Late 90s fake style. Where you bend you're knees way after you landed the trick. I watched it all the way through like a lifetime movie. So terrible that it was enjoyable.

Nah, dudes obviously religious. "Pray for peace movement", prayer is an act of worship. Peace and love shit go hand in hand with god, for a lot of people. Around the 1:00 mark he mentions reaching out to god (the vid is a touching gesture too):
NAMBA - CHARLY FORD TRIBUTE
I think I read some yt comment he posted once (it might of been somewhere in his filmbot friday part) addressing the baggy clothes lifestyle thing & he said something along the lines of: "I use to think I wanted to be gangsta, but now I'm more interested in creating peace".
I think he looks good on a board. Seen him skate in person once (post baggy clothes and I definitely didn't realize it was the same dude at first). I thought he was pretty impressive. His consistency stood out to me more than everyone else's for some reason.

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2015, 05:49:50 AM »
Whoever can name 4 or more persons from the background gets a pair of 1999 Wu-Wear jeans.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2015, 03:27:21 AM »
Michael, Bente, Adam, Johannes, Martin, Peter and Susanne.