Author Topic: skateboarding personal breaking points?  (Read 8633 times)

brazillionaire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
Re: skateboarding personal breaking points?
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2011, 07:56:03 AM »
it's all about how do you see skateboarding in your life, just like many of yall said... but as far it goes with the act of skate, i would go that it has something to do with how comfy you feel on your board. i guess a true skater would rather skate than walk to someplace if possible, cause it is feels more natural.
related to tricks tho, i agree with mullet man

Once you've got some ollie power to where you can pretty much ollie as high as you can jump, and you can do lines (multiple tricks in a row, not cocaine), then I'd say you can officially skate. You should feel like it too. Let's go!

even tho my ollie power standards are pretty lower im sure

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 999
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2011, 08:53:55 AM »
The doctrine of Berra states that one achieves skateboarder status after spending a total of 55 dollars or more on LRG shirts. I have yet to achieve.

HoudiniXLogic

• Rep: -17
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2011, 09:22:30 AM »
Probably the ability to ollie while you're using your skate as your main mode of transport. Like ollieing up a curb without thinking about it while traveling a couple blocks down.

Anyways,

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2011, 05:25:15 PM »
!
Thanks for that. I forgot how good that part is.

Berra- "Hey person, you're wearing a Nike shirt!"
11 years later he is running a weel long Nike shoe release compaign on his website.

ihitmyheadalot

• Rep: 1
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2011, 07:24:28 PM »
I remember a kid in highschool.. always used to come up to me and the guys i used to skate with asking what kinda boards he should buy or what kinda wheels he should have.  We always useta help the kid out cause we figured he was new and we wanted him to have gear that was rad or at least worth him spending his allowance ya know.  Til the day he asked us how he should cut his hair lol.  After that we kinda let him drown. 

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2011, 10:06:42 PM »
sport  (sp?rt, sprt)
n.
a. Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.

can we put the whole sport bull shit to rest most people who skate are not in competition they do it for fun its not a sport it just is stop trying to define it just have fun with it

TheDonutFather

• Rep: -3
    • DOUBLE DONUTS. avatar image
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2011, 06:19:12 AM »
Probably the ability to ollie while you're using your skate as your main mode of transport. Like ollieing up a curb without thinking about it while traveling a couple blocks down.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2011, 07:25:54 AM »
Get a crispy new hair cut, put on a new suit, attend a wedding where you know almost noone except for the bride (work mate).

Never talk much, but when you do, it's sociable and normal. All of a sudden, a female asks "do you skateboard?"

True story. I was even using my professional yuppie voice.