Author Topic: Mo Goes - a level headed reminder  (Read 20064 times)

pez

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
Re: Mo Goes - a level headed reminder
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2011, 11:07:46 PM »
kind of wonder if DC/Steve Berra went after Mike Taylor and Davis Torgerson in an attempt to bring Mike Mo to the team.  Mike Mo seems to be decent friends with those dudes and if DC could pull Mike Mo that'd be huge for them because of all of the sales he'd bring in.  IDK

And i'm not saying they'd do it just to get him because Mike Taylor and Davis Torgerson are amazing and can each stand on their own, but, who knows.

also, how is Evan Smith not pro yet?  I thought he was this whole time hah
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 11:09:56 PM by pez »

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2011, 11:08:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Whos the guy behind the camera? i reaaaally hope he knows mo
[close]

It was Nieratko and I assume he knows Mike Mo.
[close]

I'm liking your tumblr man. Good shit.
[close]

Thanks homie.

Here's Kelly Bird's profile where that e-mail came from: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=629372273&sk=wall . I guess he wrote that e-mail back in March and never heard back from this Steve (who I think we can assume is Berra).

in the comments, Bird says that he and John Drake lived with him, so yeah its Berra
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2011, 01:37:45 AM »
oh shit when this girl/choco vid drops his dc shit is gonna blow up

im probably lying

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2011, 10:13:28 AM »
fuck em, they should kick him off girl too... let him go to plan b where he belongs with the rest of the rich boy jock types. him and sheckler can go to spots in shecks monster truck and take turns tre flipping and switch flipping the drops while pounding monsters energry drinks.

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2011, 10:17:44 AM »
fuck em, they should kick him off girl too... let him go to plan b where he belongs with the rest of the rich boy jock types. him and sheckler can go to spots in shecks monster truck and take turns tre flipping and switch flipping the drops while pounding monsters energry drinks.
Haha harsh. I think the guys at Crailtap could still sway him. It sucks he has no sense of giving back to the people who brought him up but I guess if I was in his place I would be trying to get that chedda while I am still young and able to do so. OH THE CONFLICTS!

LemonParty

• Rep: -112
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2011, 10:25:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Haha harsh. I think the guys at Crailtap could still sway him. It sucks he has no sense of giving back to the people who brought him up but I guess if I was in his place I would be trying to get that chedda while I am still young and able to do so. OH THE CONFLICTS!

well hes still on girl, and he stayed on lakai for a long ass time. If olson and pappalardo got deals from shoe companies that made them leave,u dont think mike mo got any? Hes way more popular than olson and pappalardo, but he stuck out with lakai for years. I'm also fairly confident that mike and rick probably encouraged him to go get the money. If your on lakai with a pro shoe getting like 50k a year or w/e and dc comes and says they will pay you like 150-200k/year then where do you go? It would be a fucking dick move to be in rick/mikes position and call mo lame for leaving. Like you said, they helped bring him up, but not because he was a good investment (hey lets get this guy on he will make us tons of money, lets make him feel like one of us so he doesnt leave too), but because he was really talented and good friends with them. So as friends of mo, I'm sure they encouraged him and have no hard feelings if hes getting all these big offers, same as they did with olson and pappalardo.

Althought id rather see him on lakai. If he leaves girl then I'll agree with you. the guy you quoted is a fucking person btw.

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2011, 10:33:06 AM »
What the fuck happened to your account? You had like a few thousand posts before.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2011, 10:39:48 AM »
What the fuck happened to your account? You had like a few thousand posts before.
Most likely a copycat

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2011, 10:47:02 AM »
Lakai Fully Flared Line-up
---------------------------

Poppalardo = Converse

Olson = Vans

Cairo = Etnies

Fernandez = Adidas

Koston = Nike

Mike Mo = DC?

I don't see why just one of these changes is such a big deal
ableSkateMag.com

Avicci

• Rep: -71
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2011, 11:37:10 AM »
Lakai Fully Flared Line-up
---------------------------

Poppalardo = Converse

Olson = Vans

Cairo = Etnies

Fernandez Puig = Adidas

Koston = Nike

Mike Mo = DC?

"chill out on the yo flips theo we only want whats best for you!"

TheDanDan

• Rep: 1
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2011, 11:49:27 AM »

It really isn't.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2011, 12:34:10 PM »

so whats your stance on beibel?

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2011, 02:09:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Like you said, they helped bring him up, but not because he was a good investment (hey lets get this guy on he will make us tons of money, lets make him feel like one of us so he doesnt leave too), but because he was really talented and good friends with them...

How do you know the details of this decision, are you guys part of the inner circle and involved with the brand management duties? Not saying you're wrong, but you're also basically saying that Rick and Mike are horrible at business, which is a little weird seeing as how Girl is one of the better selling board brands (this can actually be proven based on research done by Transworld Business). My guess is that they put him on because he was really good and thus had potential to be popular, with the end result being he could move mad product. If that was why, then they were right about both things.

Here's a news flash: people actually get kicked off of teams for being perceived as "un-popular" and/or not moving product. Even Heath couldn't sell shit.

billy McGivern

• Rep: -4
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2011, 02:12:37 PM »
and mike mo is a pretty catchy name...

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2011, 03:21:24 PM »
mike biber
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

superslopp

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2011, 04:14:51 PM »
whatever, he fits DC better anyway, get that $$$ playa

ratherwatch

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2011, 04:17:53 PM »
Who the devil is that girl under planman's posts? Is this the face that launched a thousand ships?

and anyone remember the TSM article from Lakai in Barcelona way back where they talk about the unidentified, unwanted, hanger- on with the dog until the last para where they admit it was the current marketing director of DC?

Served cold in consequence, if so! Basically Nike have made a break for the border to press home their advantage in a recession where everyone else is not waving but drowning and only two shoe brands have decided to follow the pacemaking break from the peloton with them: Adidas and DC.

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2011, 01:32:52 AM »
While I personally don't skate lakai/girl products I can't fucking hate on them for how they handle themselves throughout all these 'team power moves'. 

Rick\Mike\Spike etc all seem to act like 'people' and not faceless money grabbing cunts.   They obviously want Lakai\Girl to be successful (and are doing so) but not at the expense of their friendships\ethics.

I'm sure there's execptions to this that people can find (I don't follow the industry super hard) but on the whole they do seem happy for their team. I think this stems from the fact that for the most part, the peoplet that they put on are firstly people they like and get on with, not just people to shift product.  I'm sure shifting product is important to them, but not the be all and end all.

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2011, 06:19:50 AM »
In other words, they don't know the first thing about business?

hint: by definition, it's to make $

I still find it odd that you guys jump to that conclusion. They sell and their marketing works... on you!

bandini

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2011, 09:25:17 AM »
I 'm so late I still can't even figure out Mike Mo's name. Is "Mo" his middle name? Is it the 2nd half of his first name? I can't hope to formulate an opinion on his business moves if I can't even get the name thing straight...

mini greek

• Rep: 28
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2011, 09:37:51 AM »
I think it could all be summed up like this.  Fuck Berra and Fuck Jeff Taylor.  I don't care if Jesus Christ himself came back wearing DC branded Jesus sandals, DC WILL NEVER BE COOL AGAIN.  They make fucking race car driving shoes, furry, fake Uggs for the chicks, and have basically taken the role of the bottom in their relationship with Monster energy drink.  Hey, I',m not mad at Mo for getting paid, I just can't stand the way DC perpetrates their business.
Get litty.....

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2011, 12:46:03 PM »

I still find it odd that you guys jump to that conclusion. They sell and their marketing works... on you!

What companies do you like Mullet Man and why?

ThrillOfItAll

• Rep: -47
  • Stomp It
    • Skate Blog avatar image
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2011, 12:58:25 PM »
Who the devil is that girl under planman's posts? Is this the face that launched a thousand wanks?
Time To Play The Game

ratherwatch

« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2011, 01:15:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Who the devil is that girl under planman's posts? Is this the face that launched a thousand wanks?
[close]
She's an absolute lollipop. Please can we get any background info at all?

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2011, 01:24:54 PM »

I don't think that's what anyone is saying tbh.  There's more than one way to conduct a business, it doesn't have to be all about the money.  If it did there would be nothing but shitty ass corporations everywhere, and no 'ethical' brands or shit like that

either way it's not going to impact on my life one bit, outside of the internet

ShitUnot

• Rep: 1
  • Slappie to Fakie
    • shitunot1 blogspot avatar image
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2011, 04:46:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
tin eye to the rescue...
 http://www.morazzia.com/ftv-girls/19005/melanie-teenage-style?

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2011, 04:53:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
tin eye to the rescue...

OR for anyone who isn't still using dial-up: http://www.xvideos.com/video1392563/melanie_jane

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2011, 05:01:58 PM »
I think it could all be summed up like this.  Fuck Berra and Fuck Jeff Taylor.  I don't care if Jesus Christ himself came back wearing DC branded Jesus sandals, DC WILL NEVER BE COOL AGAIN.  They make fucking race car driving shoes, furry, fake Uggs for the chicks, and have basically taken the role of the bottom in their relationship with Monster energy drink.  Hey, I',m not mad at Mo for getting paid, I just can't stand the way DC perpetrates their business.
Hahahahahahaahahahahahahaaaaa

Too awesome.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

juja

« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2011, 05:19:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Hahahahahahaahahahahahahaaaaa

Too awesome.

FUCK STEVE BERRA

RajeevWins

• Rep: 16
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2011, 09:10:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
tin eye to the rescue...
[close]
OR for anyone who isn't still using dial-up: http://www.xvideos.com/video1392563/melanie_jane

THANK YOU BASED GOD

i came up through the "niggas don't skate days"