Author Topic: ChildoftheGhetto  (Read 7502 times)

pica

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: ChildoftheGhetto
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2011, 05:45:53 AM »

mongomaestro

• Rep: -41
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2011, 06:51:31 AM »
only the illest of leetdawgs skate the benches at wilmington...     :)

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2011, 12:18:13 PM »
Yes so good to see cotg back! Thanks for the good laugh to start the day.
1 Kalis DID shut him down.
2 I don't believe for a second he didn't read that post until now.
3 So by cotg logic Kalis, Karl, and Jamie don't skate and are "closet racist faggots".
4 It is true you don't want to argue with clowns over the internet, they juggle constantly and this makes it hard for them to type.

You came on too strong. I was baiting him with a little tidbit about the "no one skates on slap" thing.

FiftyScent

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2011, 06:07:39 PM »
From what ive seen CotG is actually skilled at skateboarding. people make fun of him for "ledge dancing" knowin damn well the only thing most of yall niggas do is skate low transition & miniramps.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2011, 06:20:26 PM »
What's even worse is that they don't even understand that ledge dancing refers to doing gay combo tricks, not flip in flip out tricks. Not only that, They're always talking about skating fast and all types of "cool"(gay) spots and you see them, and they're mellow banks that are like 2 feet tall, and small ass ledges in parking lots, going slow as shit.

mongomaestro

• Rep: -41
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2011, 10:53:34 PM »
cotg gets props from this noob...

fuc the haterz.... 

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2011, 11:00:45 PM »
What's even worse is that they don't even understand that ledge dancing refers to doing gay combo tricks, not flip in flip out tricks. Not only that, They're always talking about skating fast and all types of "cool"(gay) spots and you see them, and they're mellow banks that are like 2 feet tall, and small ass ledges in parking lots, going slow as shit.
Can't you appreciate other types of skating? I am a fan of lots of styles, including what you do/are interested in. Can you not admit that you are a product of your environment a little bit? I grew up in southern California and was heavily influenced by the same type of stuff you are into. While I always really liked 'gay' spot skating, when I moved to northern California I began to like it even more. These are the types of spots I had access to which created a stronger appeal of this style to me. Seriously, if you lived in Oregon you would ride a Creature board and be a fan of Grant Taylor.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 11:02:17 PM by happenstance »

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2011, 06:21:09 AM »
Yeah COTG is right, buncha fat motha fuckin e-skaters on SLAP.

jerrys_kids

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2011, 06:33:07 AM »
I'm pretty sure this is the first appreciation forum were the person we're appreciating is being a tad hostile/defencive.

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2011, 05:52:03 PM »

WhackAsFuck

• Rep: -30
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2011, 06:47:26 PM »
at least he skates

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2011, 07:11:33 PM »
at least he skates
I wasn't aware that I didn't. Thanks for informing me. What the fuck have I been doing for the past 20 years?

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2011, 12:44:33 PM »
Expand Quote
at least he skates
[close]
I wasn't aware that I didn't. Thanks for informing me. What the fuck have I been doing for the past 20 years?

Damn, COTG propaganda that "no one skates on slap" seems to be working.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2011, 11:49:53 PM »
I know I've pissed off COTG more than he thinks he's irritated me.  Proud to have his quote as my sig.

grayham

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65
  • OMG TMI ;-)
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2011, 08:23:54 PM »
this dude is the best
8===D ~~~~ O-:

Mad Lauder

• Rep: 37
  • RIP SLIM DUNKIN
    • THEWORST avatar image
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2011, 07:24:38 PM »
Prior to this someone was like "I know imma get shit for havin a deathwish" then someone said "theres nothing wrong with repping a skater owned company"

then

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
haha, I know. I just wanted to try one out since I heard they were good. and the ti trucks were the only 139's they had at the time... fuck.

Ill get a dlx board and some indys next time so that I can fit in with the cool kids
[close]

You supported 2 of the laziest, shitty human beings on earth and you're gonna try to cop out with "DDUUURRR NEXT TIME I'LL SKATE A COOL KID BOARD"........you are a tool, just admit it.

[close]

calm down man. someone said that selfish actually makes good boards, so i figured id try one out. its just a skateboard deck, im not single handedly making the payments on his aston martin.
[close]
I'll never get this mindset. You went to a store or found one online and paid money for it. Which means you support him and what he's doing, You represent the brand as a consumer. I know some people just shrug it off as just a board/shoes/t shirt etc but when someone that doesn't know you sees you skating it they assume you are into it and what they represent. It's like being a billboard for some brand and not even knowing what they stand for, It makes no sense to me. Why do less people care about what they support and where their money goes to? A quality product is important but not as much as feeling shitty for representing giant douche bags even if it was cheap or free.
[close]
Nothing wrong with repping a skater owned company.
I dont recall ever putting on anything Southpole in my life.
http://soundcloud.com/theworst

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2011, 08:56:51 PM »
Flip in flip out tricks are ill

Post some footage

Chocolaterain

• Rep: -7
  • awesome
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2011, 09:03:29 AM »
wheres my popcorn?

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2011, 02:50:13 PM »
COTG spends a lot of time trying to prove he is the best skater on slap. For the record Happenstance rips and doesn't bring discussions back to his own skating, trying to prove he is the best skater on slap.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 02:52:10 PM by fulfillthedream »
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2011, 03:15:59 PM »
simple flip in flip out is fine. a slide to grind or vice versa is fine. none of this kickflip lipslide to 5-0 to switch crooks half cab flip out garbage though. that gets old.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2011, 03:25:19 PM »
^Thanks fulfillthedream. To be honest to everyone, fulfillthedream is my friend that lives in my city.

simple flip in flip out is fine. a slide to grind or vice versa is fine. none of this kickflip lipslide to 5-0 to switch crooks half cab flip out garbage though. that gets old.
If that is a comment on my skating, in all fairness I started doing that combo shit before the Lakai video came out. That first part came out a month before FF. I was just copying Shiloh Greathouse, Kenny Reed (Static 2) and Matt Rodriguez (IPath promo)  like everyone else! I do have a new part coming out sometime that doesn't really have that type of stuff in it because I get it, combo shit is getting old. As is the nature of filming skateboarding tricks, things get played out and people move on.

edit: And I am just a weekend warrior, I gave up on 'coming up' years before either of those parts. Does this mean I get a pass from hate? No? OK, cool. Hate away.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 09:43:57 PM by happenstance »

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 314
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2011, 03:41:38 PM »
I enjoyed your skating Happenstance, dont let anyone tell you what to do on a skateboard, after all you ride for your own pleasure and not what others think is skateboarding.
Style is individual.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2011, 07:00:42 PM »
I enjoyed your skating Happenstance, dont let anyone tell you what to do on a skateboard, after all you ride for your own pleasure and not what others think is skateboarding.
Style is individual.

Call it self-deprecating but I guess my point was that I agree with the current hate on the combo shit. I don't regret doing those tricks and I wanted to put it in context of when I did it. If you always hated on combos, then I disagree but I have personally tried to move on from it. I don't let people tell me what to do on a skateboard but I do - like everyone else does whether they realize or not - decide to move on from things that have lost any semblance of individuality. People can hate away though, not concerned.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2011, 09:34:13 PM »
^Thanks fulfillthedream. To be honest to everyone, that is my friend that lives in my city.

Expand Quote
[close]
If that is a comment on my skating, in all fairness I started doing that combo shit before the Lakai video came out. That first part came out a month before FF. I was just copying Shiloh Greathouse, Kenny Reed (Static 2) and Matt Rodriguez (IPath promo) ? like everyone else! I do have a new part coming out sometime that doesn't really have that type of stuff in it because I get it, combo shit is getting old. As is the nature of filming skateboarding tricks, things get played out and people move on.

edit: And I am just a weekend warrior, I gave up on 'coming up' years before either of those parts. Does this mean I get a pass from hate? No? OK, cool. Hate away.
Wait, you're not brett nichols?

Soty2020

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2011, 12:05:15 PM »
Expand Quote
^Thanks fulfillthedream. To be honest to everyone, that is my friend that lives in my city.

Expand Quote
[close]
If that is a comment on my skating, in all fairness I started doing that combo shit before the Lakai video came out. That first part came out a month before FF. I was just copying Shiloh Greathouse, Kenny Reed (Static 2) and Matt Rodriguez (IPath promo) ? like everyone else! I do have a new part coming out sometime that doesn't really have that type of stuff in it because I get it, combo shit is getting old. As is the nature of filming skateboarding tricks, things get played out and people move on.

[close]
Wait, you're not brett nichols?

I think he meant the guy that posted his skating is his friend

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2011, 08:32:04 PM »
^Thanks fulfillthedream. To be honest to everyone, fulfillthedream is my friend that lives in my city.

Expand Quote
[close]
If that is a comment on my skating, in all fairness I started doing that combo shit before the Lakai video came out. That first part came out a month before FF. I was just copying Shiloh Greathouse, Kenny Reed (Static 2) and Matt Rodriguez (IPath promo)  like everyone else! I do have a new part coming out sometime that doesn't really have that type of stuff in it because I get it, combo shit is getting old. As is the nature of filming skateboarding tricks, things get played out and people move on.

That was not a comment on your skating. I don't even know who you are, nor have I seen any footage of you.
My apologies if you were somehow offended.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2011, 02:44:08 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That was not a comment on your skating. I don't even know who you are, nor have I seen any footage of you.
My apologies if you were somehow offended.
No, I wasn't really offended. I can take hate. Still doesn't hurt to back my own shit. My footage was posted right above your comment so I figured you were directing it at me. I do a few combos with tricks out of them, so I guess your comment still does apply. Haha

edit: So this thread is about COTG. Lets get back on topic, not trying to make this thread about me.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 03:04:38 AM by happenstance »

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2012, 04:37:46 PM »

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2012, 12:15:32 PM »
You're a fucking a clown if you 1. you think Kalis "shut me down hard" in that post, and 2. that i would have quit posting if something like that actually happened. For the record this is my first time seeing that post, and from reading it, it was the same shit he does all the time. Back tracking, nit picking, and non sense making. I quit posting because nothing but closet racist faggots that don't skateboard post here, and there's no point to argue with clowns.

basically, you are making racist generalizations and you are a homophobe. congratulations on your hypocrisy.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2012, 05:43:34 AM »
oh shit inhabitants is killing it