Author Topic: Kanis Park- Little Rock, Arkansas  (Read 845 times)

BlackEye77

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -94
Kanis Park- Little Rock, Arkansas
« on: November 03, 2011, 09:36:55 AM »
Anyone know if it's still there?

I first skated the place around '91, they had the infamous bowl and a "street" section with orange metal bank/ledge/curb things and some parking blocks. I think the last time I went through was around 2000 I think, and the bowl was still there but pile of suck street area was gone.

Was driving to a spot a couple days ago and talking to my buddy about cool places we've skated and started wondering if the bowl was still being skated.

Positive Frequencies

• Rep: 3
    • sharkbait 'zine avatar image
Re: Kanis Park- Little Rock, Arkansas
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 09:48:10 AM »
Yep, it's still there.  Haven't been in a few years, but I don't see that crazy bowl going anywhere, ever. 

They're doing a bunch of renegade (or maybe it's allowed) d.i.y. stuff there now too.  From what I've seen it looks like so much fun.
You should go back and skate it for sure. 

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 12:30:16 PM »
It good, it good Yo

BlackEye77

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 06:57:47 AM »
Thanks, glad to hear it's still alive. That bowl is crazy, shallow end is tight as hell and the deep end is full of kinks but still lots of fun. I can't wait to go through again so I can check out the DIY stuff; time for a google mission to try to find pictures of what t looks like now.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 07:41:19 AM »
It's still there. They've been doing a lot of renovations on the DIY section and it's looking really good. I haven't been out there in a few weeks, but it's definitely worth your time. I've heard there's going to be a bowl renovation project at some point.

BlackEye77

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 09:11:55 AM »
These shots are dated 2009 so it's probably a lot different now, but for anyone who has never been this a must stop destination if you're road tripping through the south.

http://totallyskateboards.blogspot.com/2009/01/travis-at-kanis-park-in-little-rock.html
http://espn.go.com/action/news/story?id=4355548

Pretty sure that slab that all the DIY stuff is on is where the old street course was, I think I see the little sidewalk going up to the bowl and you can even see the different cement showing where the old orange things were. They were like 2-3' tall steep banks with a curb sized metal ledge at the top. Glad it is what it is now, instead of that or the empty lot that I saw last time I was there.