Author Topic: NBA Thread. Sensitive Reflections of 2011-2012 Season.  (Read 40175 times)

Omamori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
Re: NBA 2011-2012
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2011, 06:28:41 PM »

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2011, 06:49:07 PM »
your boy shannon brown is a phx sun now

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2011, 06:55:15 PM »
We got Caron Butler! 8th seed here we come. Clipper Nation show yourself.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2011, 07:00:03 PM »
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2011, 07:28:29 PM »
Reported that Mavs are about to sign Vince Carter to a MULTI year deal....WTF?!

fiftyscent

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2011, 07:47:16 PM »

that would be an excellent move.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2011, 07:56:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Back In 1999. If Vinsanity can make it to the HOF he will be the member of his class known as, "Biggest Underachiever." At this point in his career he's only half-man.

Sorry Kilgore. Maybe Vince will get a 30 point game this year to add to his highlight reel.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2011, 08:20:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Back In 1999. If Vinsanity can make it to the HOF he will be the member of his class known as, "Biggest Underachiever." At this point in his career he's only half-man.

Sorry Kilgore. Maybe Vince will get a 30 point game this year to add to his highlight reel.

ya Fifty, your current NBA knowledge is way the fuck off. first Shannon Brown, now Vince? VC is beyond past his prime. i have no idea why anyone would want to sign his ass.

(and i don't even know what to think about the CP3 fiasco. as a die-hard Lakers fan, i'm emotionally confused and distraught. i think i need to be held tbh.)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 08:22:08 PM by smokecrack »

fiftyscent

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2011, 08:33:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

ya Fifty, your current NBA knowledge is way the fuck off. first Shannon Brown, now Vince? VC is beyond past his prime. i have no idea why anyone would want to sign his ass.

(and i don't even know what to think about the CP3 fiasco. as a die-hard Lakers fan, i'm emotionally confused and distraught. i think i need to be held tbh.)

yall dont see the potential with the carter move. with guys like that its all about the mindset, carter would be a much more competitive player if he were playing for a championship team alongside with guys like dirk, kidd, and terry. he doesnt have to be an outstanding scorer but if he can play his part among a veteran team itll be a good move for the Mavs.

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2011, 02:48:52 PM »
no, it will not be a good move. carter is a lazy bum. a terrible shooter. he's everything opposite of mavericks basketball. he's an isolation player. he will not mesh well with our system. hopefully we sign dalembert to try and do something to soften the loss of chandler.

fiftyscent

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2011, 03:23:45 PM »
no, it will not be a good move. carter is a lazy bum. a terrible shooter. he's everything opposite of mavericks basketball. he's an isolation player. he will not mesh well with our system. hopefully we sign dalembert to try and do something to soften the loss of chandler.

exactly hes lazy because he played for the lame ass phoenix suns last year who didnt make the playoffs. he was aiight with the magic. we all know he has the potential, he just gotta get that right mindset. like i said he doesnt need to be the young vince carter or leading scorer on the team. hes just  gotta give them some decent offense at the SG position, make a few hard shots & come through in the clutch. dont underestimate a team full of veterans alongside an excellent coach.  you may see a hungrier VC if hes playing for a championship defending team alongside the likes of Kidd, Dirk, & Terry.

its all speculation anyway but ive said shit before where niggas be like "yeah whatever breh, you dont know what you're talking about" and then once the seasons over it all makes sense. how many of yall woulda believed me if i told you that the bulls would end up having the best record in the NBA before last season? exactly.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 10:14:54 PM by FiftyScent »

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2011, 03:50:31 PM »
The desire to win that Kobe, MJ, and D-Wade posses is just something that Vince Carter doesn't. You can't just acquire it out of thin air. You either have or you don't.

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2011, 06:31:06 PM »
We lose our defensive anchor in Chandler only to get Carter who doesn't even know why he has to go to the other side of the court. He's an all offense/no defense player that would have fit better on Don Nelson's Mavs of 8 years ago.

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2011, 09:34:44 PM »
Wow, Lamar Odom is a Mav. Trade bait for another deal or keeping him?

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2011, 09:38:32 PM »
I think Odom almost forced the Lakers to trade him after his weak ass was crying on the radio about it. They practically gave him away. Gasol took it with class and still looks to be a Laker.

Boomhauer

• Rep: 43
  • Yep
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2011, 10:12:00 PM »
lotta shit's going down these next few weeks.

Boomhauer

• Rep: 43
  • Yep
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2011, 01:50:30 AM »
I think Odom almost forced the Lakers to trade him after his weak ass was crying on the radio about it. They practically gave him away. Gasol took it with class and still looks to be a Laker.

Still a really dumb move, even if he was bitching. Trading him for nothing other than as a salary dump, and to the defending champions of all teams.  Lakers really need cut to Luke Walton to make up for this. They should  sign Kris Humphries as Lamar's replacement.

fiftyscent

« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2011, 01:54:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Still a really dumb move, even if he was bitching. Trading him for nothing other than as a salary dump, and to the defending champions of all teams.  Lakers really need cut to Luke Walton to make up for this. They should  sign Kris Humphries as Lamar's replacement.

lmao, the tabloids would go crazy

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2011, 08:49:18 AM »
Can somebody tell me why David Stern didn't intervene in the Odom trade? Are the owners running the skull and bones over their?

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2011, 09:33:47 AM »
Can somebody tell me why David Stern didn't intervene in the Odom trade? Are the owners running the skull and bones over their?

Since the league owns the Hornets the league has final say on if a trade can be done. I also heard some NBA analysts say the owners were upset because Paul was one of the main players in the meetings against the owners so he didn't make any friends there.

Ernie McCracken

• Rep: 35
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2011, 10:38:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Since the league owns the Hornets the league has final say on if a trade can be done. I also heard some NBA analysts say the owners were upset because Paul was one of the main players in the meetings against the owners so he didn't make any friends there.

It wouldn't surprise me if that is one reason why this is happening to him. The whole veto is basically a ramification for what Miami and NY did, but they are taking it out on Chris Paul and hurting three franchises in the process. I'm curious as to why the Lakers handed Lamar to the defending champs whose owner was one of the leaders in creating this giant mess. There has to be something big going on because right now these moves are not the greatest to say the least.

Ernie McCracken

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2011, 10:45:55 AM »
Also what the hell is Chris Paul going to do if he is not getting traded to LA? That original three team deal was perfect for everyone involved, especially the Hornets.. No team that CP would sign an extension for has the pieces or ability to make a better deal that "is in the best interests for the New Orleans Hornets"  And if he does stick it out in New Orleans, none of his top destinations will be able to sign him as a free agent.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2011, 04:43:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm referring to the trade with Dallas. I'm also being facetious.

fiftyscent

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2011, 06:58:42 PM »
sooo many rumors goin on right now, but LA is cooking somethin up. im thinkin another 3 team deal to get Howard.

eight oh eight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2011, 09:20:18 PM »
Also what the hell is Chris Paul going to do if he is not getting traded to LA? That original three team deal was perfect for everyone involved, especially the Hornets.. No team that CP would sign an extension for has the pieces or ability to make a better deal that "is in the best interests for the New Orleans Hornets"  And if he does stick it out in New Orleans, none of his top destinations will be able to sign him as a free agent.
Some talks of him going to the Clippers for Gordon, Kaman, Aminu, and Bledsoe.

eight oh eight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2011, 12:12:35 PM »
Nevermind, the CP/Clippers deal is OFF.  Don't see how any one else would be interested at this point.

fiftyscent

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2011, 01:00:31 PM »
Nevermind, the CP/Clippers deal is OFF.  Don't see how any one else would be interested at this point.

the league is being a stingy bitch right now. ive read that the hornets GM is actually having a minimal role in these talks while the NBA is handling all this shit. i feel for CP3. pretty much any other team would be better than carrying this nasty ass hornets team but the league is doing whatever they can to make him stay there, for whatever bullshit reason. id be mad as FUCK if i was a point guard super-close to being sent to LA to dish out assists all season to Kobe or Blake Griffin, only to be cock-blocked by David Stern.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 01:12:34 PM by FiftyScent »

Ernie McCracken

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2011, 01:10:09 PM »
Yep I don't see how any team would want to bother wasting their time putting together a deal that will never meet Stern's desire.  This is going to be a huge problem for New Orleans.

Ernie McCracken

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2011, 01:19:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Nevermind, the CP/Clippers deal is OFF.  Don't see how any one else would be interested at this point.
[close]

the league is being a stingy bitch right now. ive read that the hornets GM is actually having a minimal role in these talks while the NBA is handling all this shit. i feel for CP3. pretty much any other team would be better than carrying this nasty ass hornets team but the league is doing whatever they can to make him stay there, for whatever bullshit reason. id be mad as FUCK if i was a point guard super-close to being sent to LA to dish out assists all season to Kobe or Blake Griffin.

I honestly don't get how David Stern believes keeping a soon to be gone from New Orleans Chris Paul is going to attract people to buy the Hornets.

Not only is Paul losing out on the opportunity to play with good players, he will be losing out on some serious money.  But that won't stop him from signing for less money to play on the team he wants if/when he becomes a free agent.