Author Topic: NBA Thread. Sensitive Reflections of 2011-2012 Season.  (Read 40183 times)

Will Easley

Re: NBA Thread. Sensitive Reflections of 2011-2012 Season.
« Reply #540 on: August 10, 2012, 09:46:18 PM »
Lakers are still third in the west.

HEELLLLL naw dont get me wrong the Spurs are a great model of consistency but there's no way they could be this LA squad ina playoff series. I won't totally sleep on the Spurs but they're like the West coast Celtics. They're a loveable veteran team thats gonna play with pride but realistically their time has passed. They may still dominate the regular season but they will eventually wear down in the playoffs, especially if they play teams like the Clippers or OKC.

Nash averaged 11 assists a game on a Suns team with nobody who scored 20ppg. He now has 3 all-stars to distribute to not to mention savvy veteran scorer Antwuan Jamison. With Nash running the offense & Dwight anchoring the defense,  this team is THE team in the west. Kobe won't have to force up shots anymore and Gasol will THRIVE in the pick & roll. If they all gel as a team (likely) and stay healthy I can see them winning it all. Kobe & Nash are gonna be the heart of this team as they are both desperate for that ring this year. People say Kobe's gonna want the ball all the time & they may not click... Honestly, if Nash is distributing well he's not gonna care. All he has to do is finish plays & close out games when needed. He's not gonna have to force his offense once the team starts to get stagnant on that end of the floor. This is a top 3 NBA team EASY.

steenz

« Reply #541 on: August 10, 2012, 09:53:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Lakers are still third in the west.
[close]

HEELLLLL naw dont get me wrong the Spurs are a great model of consistency but there's no way they could be this LA squad ina playoff series. I won't totally sleep on the Spurs but they're like the West coast Celtics. They're a loveable veteran team thats gonna play with pride but realistically their time has passed. They may still dominate the regular season but they will eventually wear down in the playoffs, especially if they play teams like the Clippers or OKC.

Nash averaged 11 assists a game on a Suns team with nobody who scored 20ppg. He now has 3 all-stars to distribute to not to mention savvy veteran scorer Antwuan Jamison. With Nash running the offense & Dwight anchoring the defense,?  this team is THE team in the west. Kobe won't have to force up shots anymore and Gasol will THRIVE in the pick & roll. If they all gel as a team (likely) and stay healthy I can see them winning it all. Kobe & Nash are gonna be the heart of this team as they are both desperate for that ring this year. People say Kobe's gonna want the ball all the time & they may not click... Honestly, if Nash is distributing well he's not gonna care. All he has to do is finish plays & close out games when needed. He's not gonna have to force his offense once the team starts to get stagnant on that end of the floor. This is a top 3 NBA team EASY.
word.

ice nine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #542 on: August 10, 2012, 11:14:31 PM »
east vs west final, both being superteams.sounds like a pointless regular season.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #543 on: August 12, 2012, 02:55:19 PM »
east vs west final, both being superteams.sounds like a pointless regular season.
Nah, the Thunder are still a better team than LA imo.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #544 on: August 12, 2012, 05:09:01 PM »
A Thunder fan would say that IMO.

I think Pau got his swag back.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #545 on: August 12, 2012, 06:37:52 PM »
agreed

Jackie Joyner Kersee

• Rep: 13
« Reply #546 on: August 12, 2012, 07:49:59 PM »
Pau averaged something like 17 and 10 last year.  Its just the media and shitty LA fans that say he sucked last year, i know you didnt exactly say that but as a third option he had a damn good year.  It feels so weird, I have hated the lakers since I started watching basketball and never gave a shit about the clips.  Now I dislike the clippers because cp3 and blake play like floppy dongs but I kind of want to see the lakers win....I CANT QUIT YOU NASHTY