Author Topic: "Footprint" insoles?  (Read 17690 times)

BlackEye77

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -94
"Footprint" insoles?
« on: November 14, 2011, 05:27:40 PM »
Has anyone tried these? Thoughts? Other recommendations?

No shoes have a perfect insole. Understandably, they need to be comfortable on different people's feet. I use the active wear/athletic Dr. Scholls, sometimes on top of my stock insole, but I've been thinking about trying the Footprint ones. Maybe they're just trying to cash in on skating but they have a good skate team at least.

The idea of custom molding a the water cushion pocket to fit your foot goes above and beyond other insoles that are basically a nicer version of what your shoe already comes with. I'm curious about popping or leaking though.

The standard foam insoles are $19, but the ones that you mold to your foot shape are $35. Before I spend almost the amount that a pair of shoes cost I was hoping to get some honest and objective feedback.

Thanks.

Ripped Laces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • Dude, this is america. There are idiots everywhere
    • Ripped Laces = Shoe reviews, product reviews & more avatar image
Re: "Footprint" insoles?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 07:37:36 PM »
Hope this helps.
http://rippedlaces.blogspot.com/2011/04/game-changers-vs-remind-insoles.html

Btw, they're coming out with a fusion insole that features the king foam impact insoles with the custom orthotics.
I should be featuring them soon. They're currently making there way to the states!

BlackEye77

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 07:55:24 PM »
Hope this helps.
http://rippedlaces.blogspot.com/2011/04/game-changers-vs-remind-insoles.html

Btw, they're coming out with a fusion insole that features the king foam impact insoles with the custom orthotics.
I should be featuring them soon. They're currently making there way to the states!

Thank you sir. Looks like I should wait for the fusion but if the price much higher it would be around the $50 USD range. For that I'd expect little rubber lady fingers to constantly massage my toes while I skate.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 07:59:13 PM »
I have the cheaper ones (kingfoam) and I like them. They're real comfortable, not super big, don't get stinky (even barefoot), and they cushion pretty well. I don't really skate anything big so I can't speak for like super hard landings, but they work for me fine. I'd recommend them, depending on what you're looking for. They are completely flat, so if you're looking for like arch support then you'll be disappointed.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

G.Lewis

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 11:34:56 PM »
Kingfoam is really good.  I ripped out the foam insole in some suede eras, put in the kingfoam with a pliable $15 plastic arch support underneath.  I'm fat and can skate in them without my knees/back hurting.  I think it's a good product, especially for vulcanized shoes.

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 09:10:38 AM »
I have the kingfoam ones in my campus vulcs. I like them, they feel better than the stock insoles did.

I just got back from skating and my feet hurt a little. But I guess you are never going to cut that out with vulcs and it is an improvement from the stock insoles.

I'd recommend them.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 09:44:04 AM »

No shoes have a perfect insole. Understandably, they need to be comfortable on different people's feet. I use the active wear/athletic Dr. Scholls, sometimes on top of my stock insole, but I've been thinking about trying the Footprint ones. Maybe they're just trying to cash in on skating but they have a good skate team at least.

The idea of custom molding a the water cushion pocket to fit your foot goes above and beyond other insoles that are basically a nicer version of what your shoe already comes with. I'm curious about popping or leaking though.

The standard foam insoles are $19, but the ones that you mold to your foot shape are $35. Before I spend almost the amount that a pair of shoes cost I was hoping to get some honest and objective feedback.

Thanks.

The whole water/custom molding thing on the footprint insoles worked really good for me. i've had them for almost 5 months in about 4 different pairs of shoes and they are almost coming to an end. the toe part flattened out after a few months of use. i guess the new ones they've made eliminated the foam getting flattened out. i'd say they are worth the investment.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

FP-Insoles

• Rep: 0
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 11:10:52 PM »

Thanks.

If we were really trying to cash in, we'd have a basketball team.  ;) Footprint is for skaters by skaters.

Also, it's not water that shapes to the foot. It's a chemical reaction which creates a foam that shapes to the foot and then becomes permanent.  We hope you enjoy the insoles! Any questions, email us infoatskategamechangersdotcom

BlackEye77

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 09:39:46 PM »
I actually did not catch that these were developed specifically for skateboarding. Even so, and though I meant no offense, lots of "skate" companies have been spawned from skateboarding's recent popularity. I think I misinterpreted where is said "worn by athletes and skateboarders" and the fact that the URL ended with ".com/skateboarding" made me think there was probably something like a "/basketball" or "/basejumping."

Knowing that these are designed specifically for skateboarding is awesome. Thanks for the clarification about the water/foam mold as well. I'm sold, just gotta justify the expense with my wife and see if there's anything left over after the kid's Christmas shopping is done. I have ankle, knee, hip, and back problems just to name a few so like many of us I don't just like to have a decent insole, I need it. Hopefully by the time I can make the purchase the hybrid/fusion ones will be on the market.

FP-Insoles

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 03:49:44 AM »
I actually did not catch that these were developed specifically for skateboarding. Even so, and though I meant no offense, lots of "skate" companies have been spawned from skateboarding's recent popularity. I think I misinterpreted where is said "worn by athletes and skateboarders" and the fact that the URL ended with ".com/skateboarding" made me think there was probably something like a "/basketball" or "/basejumping."

Knowing that these are designed specifically for skateboarding is awesome. Thanks for the clarification about the water/foam mold as well. I'm sold, just gotta justify the expense with my wife and see if there's anything left over after the kid's Christmas shopping is done. I have ankle, knee, hip, and back problems just to name a few so like many of us I don't just like to have a decent insole, I need it. Hopefully by the time I can make the purchase the hybrid/fusion ones will be on the market.

They are technically "custom orthotics" which can benefit all people. The founder was a longtime skateboarder who tore his acl, completely lost his meniscus and cannot even skate without a custom orthotic.

If you have ankle, knee, hip and back problems, it's most likely all stemming from your arch. Think of your body as a machine. Your cartilage is like bushings.  Too much weight is put on the arch, either from being overweight or constant and repetitive jumping/impact, next the achilles tendon/ankle goes crooked upon the impact which throws off the knee to one side which then goes to the lower back and so on. The arch is the first place where the breakdown begins. Custom orthotics stop the breakdown of the machine at the source.

Not only is it painful to have your joints not functioning properly, your "bushings" (cartilage) get blown out and wear away unevenly or twice as fast on one side then the other.

This is why most skateboarders are already walking around like old men by 30. We aim to change that.

On the other hand, there are some who have excessively high arches who do not need custom orthotics. About 1 out of 10 people are "supinators" who's arch is too high and does not flex at all and they are the ones who are prone to breaking the ankle. A custom orthotic will not correct anything here. Supinators tend to be pigeon toed. The best bet for these people is an impact reducing insole which is exactly what our kingfoam insole do. They absorb maximum impact which helps take the load off the ankle for the supinator.

At the end of the day, our arches are not all created equally. This is why there are those few guys with perfect arches who can jump down insane things and continue on like nothing while most others would be in agony. Skill is a lot of course but on the other hand there is the function and ability of the body to handle the impact in the first place. Custom orthotics can help level the playing field.

FP-Insoles

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 06:55:57 PM »
i've got some remind insoles but my podiatrist/physio said they're pretty generic and won't really help. he recommended getting custom ones, but i've tried skating in them and i just can't. with these footprint insoles does the arch support actually provide support once its molded to your foot? or is it just flimsy plastic you can force down? that's how remind ones are.

edit: actually i'm sold on these gamechangers. just one question, how is the sizing? i bought 10s in reminds, they ran almost a size bigger. had to cut a pair down.

Footprint Insoles are real custom orthotics. They will support your body weight under your arch to stop overpronation. We have some customers telling us that they were actually recommened to us from their doctors. ( You know it's almost impossible to get insurance to pay for a custom orthotic unless you've already had a major injury) So there are some doctor's telling their patients about us.

Here's an email we got awhile back that I have permission to show-

The gamechangers are pretty true to fit. You might have to trim a little on the toe depending on the shoe you wear. if you wear super narrow shoes like janoski's you should mold them in something wider and then trim the side away from the arch after they have been molded.

Basingstoke

• Rep: 29
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 05:16:00 AM »
I just set the new Game Changers (the plus Kingfoam) up, which are also different to the original GameChangers. They seem less bulky in the heel and better constructed than the orginals (which were great). has any one skated in these yet? I'm in th UK and may not get a skate until spring.

Buddy G

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 09:49:40 AM »
I'm in th UK and may not get a skate until spring.

which fucking UK do you live in? because i live in the famous well known one and went skating today and the day before and anticipating skating regularly until the arrival of the global weather apocalypse.

BlackEye77

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 12:21:43 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm in th UK and may not get a skate until spring.
[close]

which fucking UK do you live in? because i live in the famous well known one and went skating today and the day before and anticipating skating regularly until the arrival of the global weather apocalypse.

When I lived in close proximity and similar climate as much of the UK, there were definitely points all throughout the year when skating was possible, sometimes it just required long johns to help against the biting Irish wind. Unless you're on a tiny Scottish island that's soaked for 5 months, then seems like there should be a way to skate if you have the drive to make it happen.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 04:46:39 PM »
i've read a lot of peeps on here have to cut the insoles to fit em into shoes..i was able to fit them into a pair of es square 2, adidas campus vulcs and two pairs of half cabs and had no problems getting them in. so far so good, although i am due for a new pair
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

FP-Insoles

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2012, 10:38:18 AM »
i got mine yesterday and only just started skating them today. already feel good. i've tried remind insoles before but compared to footprint they suck. i don't know if it's because i was wearing remind ones first or not but i got used to these pretty quickly, whereas remind ones took like a week. not sure if these are kingfoam aswell, they're made out of a more comfortable lining on top, and there's more padding up front. they're the custom orthotic ones, definitely worth it. i only had to trim mine a little, using them in es edgars and they work fine. good shit!

i actually learnt two new tricks today, too. i've had a bad year of ankle/foot problems so hopefully this is where things start looking up.

Good to hear that Clamy.

HendoSkates

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2012, 05:01:59 PM »
Just got some a week a go they really do work. I had an hour session down an 8 stair today and my feet feel WAY better than normally. They used to cause a little pain in my knee but now I don't skate without them. Definitively worth 40 bucks.

arnold schwarzenegger

• Rep: -4
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 07:38:33 AM »
Even when you trim them, they still feel as if they're bigger than the stock insole. This makes your shoe really uncomfortable and untrustworthy.

I had big expectations for them...

Wh0l3

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 04:35:37 PM »
Trim them more?

chumlee

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012, 04:52:12 PM »
i've never tried skate-specific insoles but i feel no need to spend extra money as i switch my lunerlon soles into any shoe im wearing (that has a removeable insole)

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2012, 12:11:36 PM »
Trim them more?

You must be a rocket scientist or some shit right?

Wh0l3

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012, 08:55:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Trim them more?
[close]

You must be a rocket scientist or some shit right?

no but i've had these insoles before and had the same issue.

arnold schwarzenegger

• Rep: -4
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 08:13:49 AM »
Know how small nike sb insoles are? No way I'm gonna trim them to that size. I doubt they'll any useful then.

Wh0l3

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 08:59:25 PM »
Know how small nike sb insoles are? No way I'm gonna trim them to that size. I doubt they'll any useful then.

oh! yea mine dont work in my blazers... Nike's are too narrow. You could try trimming down the sides a bit but I wouldn't do it too much.

ogaxions4life

• Rep: -3
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 02:40:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

oh! yea mine dont work in my blazers... Nike's are too narrow. You could try trimming down the sides a bit but I wouldn't do it too much.

I skated in two pairs of blazers in these. I just trimmed the side and they fit fine.

Wh0l3

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2012, 08:07:06 AM »
Yeah I just don't want to trim them too narrow because I don't really wear Nike's and I don't want them too narrow for my other shoes.

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2012, 07:47:40 PM »
i just ordered some game changers cause my knees have been bothering me..
but got emailed back that they are out till like. feburary or something. bummer cause its only getting colder, and my knees only hurt more.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2012, 03:03:02 PM »
but got emailed back that they are out till like. feburary or something. bummer cause its only getting colder, and my knees only hurt more.
i got part of a defective batch that was sent out last month, good thing they're getting replaced in feb.

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 07:56:14 PM »
well hopefully they can fix that. probably will. and i guess being sold out is good. as in they product is moving. witch hopefully will give them more capital to improve the product. if its indeed good... but man i can hardly wait. it got above freezing for a bit today. but my knee was just killing me. as in ache.. not as in like injury. probably cause i just turned 35. stupid. reality.

Ripped Laces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • Dude, this is america. There are idiots everywhere
    • Ripped Laces = Shoe reviews, product reviews & more avatar image
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2012, 08:41:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i got part of a defective batch that was sent out last month, good thing they're getting replaced in feb.
Mine will be arriving in two weeks for our full review of the fusion footprint X king foam insoles. Hyped!