Author Topic: squished bones bushings?  (Read 3117 times)

joedv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -10
squished bones bushings?
« on: November 15, 2011, 09:31:36 PM »
So I've been using the medium bones bushings for some time now and I have always noticed that they flatten and go past the hanger (especially the bottom bushing). Also the yellow bottom seems break down and disappear.

I know it's relative but I believe ride my trucks neither tight nor really loose and as instructed on the box, I only use the top washer on the kingpin.

is it only an aesthetic thing? Regardless, it seems irregular.

does this happen to anyone?
Carter, it is fucking friday, the fucking tenth

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: squished bones bushings?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 10:22:04 PM »
always happens to me too but i ride my trucks pretty damn loose so i dunno why it happens. i ride aces, so maybe that's what fucked them up?

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 11:52:45 PM »
Just send Bones a picture of your bushings, and they'll replace them. I've gotten new ones 2 or 3 times, and I live in fuckin Norway. Kudos, Bones. Kudos

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 02:08:35 AM »
After skating a set for only about two months on some indy 149s both of my bottom bushings muffin topped over the yellow core super bad. I don't skate super tight either, I'd say i skate on the looser side of medium. They were still skateable but it made my trucks feel super loose. It would feel loose no matter how much I tightened them. I threw em out and bought some aftermarket thunder bushings, the blue 94A ones, and so far no complaints. It's been about two-three months now and they're still holding up nicely, no signs of chipping or crumbling.

yup, same here.

I think it depends on the trucks... my thunder 145 hi's didnt have a "lip" for the bushings to sit in so they started flopping over the edge, my 147's however have a lip for the bushings to sit in and theyre holding up nicely

ceg

• Rep: -1
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 09:08:45 AM »
Has anyone sent back blown out Bones Swiss Bearings?
I sent a set in and they said they didnt get them.

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 11:01:49 AM »
either defective bushing, or.. whatever you may think. your trucks are tight. i've only seem muffin'd and blow out bones mediums on peoples set ups who's trucks are tight.
no bottom bushing, if your nut is below the top of your axle. they are tight. skated ace's for while. then indys, and now thunders. same bushings. even a blue bones upfront for the fun.
thats fine if tight trucks are you jam. got some friends who dig it. but your gonna bust through all bushings pretty fast that way. bones or not.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 12:52:29 AM »
ive had two of the white mediums crush, and just recently i found out through here i could send a photo and they send you another pair. they sent me the black medium ones and they seem to be a bit more sturdy then the white mediums.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[