Author Topic: The Return of the Legend of Zelda  (Read 4235 times)

sven thorkel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
The Return of the Legend of Zelda
« on: November 20, 2011, 10:41:35 AM »
Is anyone excited for Skyward Sword? I know I am. Hopefully it's as good as Twilight Princess.
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"

Quote from: PonyFAP
I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

Tom Penny says: My 'ed systems!

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
Re: The Return of the Legend of Zelda
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 11:40:07 AM »
A lot of reviews are calling it the greatest Zelda game ever made

Interested to see how it actually plays

tobbe

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 12:13:29 PM »
my brother got it and havent answerd his phone in two days, so i guess its good.

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 12:38:05 PM »
This is for Wii?

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 06:51:01 PM »
This is for Wii?

Yeah, on a related note. I've been playing my Gamecube non-stop for the past week. Yesterday I went to three fucking gamestops to see if they have Twilight Princess for the GC. They don't even sell GC games anymore, fucking sucks, they have all the fucking PS2 games ever made, but no GC games. So, I guess I'll have to buy it online somewhere.
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 07:22:28 PM »
does it have use motion controls? I hate those as they often feel like a huge gimmick.

i'll probably buy it regardless......

pappalardospizza

• Rep: -2
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 10:44:44 AM »
purchasing this is on my to do list. Does anybody know of a good black friday sale for video games?

starvingrobot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 25
  • Keep It +
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 11:34:58 AM »
purchasing this is on my to do list. Does anybody know of a good black friday sale for video games?

Yes.  Walmart.  A lot of games, even new ones like Batman Arkham city and shit are gonna be $28 starting midnight Thursday night.  They have the new Zelda with a gold wii-mote for $59.  They have a blue wii system going on sale for $99 too.

http://www.2011blackfridayads.com/walmart/#pagelinks
(Page 2)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 11:37:57 AM by starvingrobot »

pappalardospizza

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 08:31:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes.  Walmart.  A lot of games, even new ones like Batman Arkham city and shit are gonna be $28 starting midnight Thursday night.  They have the new Zelda with a gold wii-mote for $59.  They have a blue wii system going on sale for $99 too.

http://www.2011blackfridayads.com/walmart/#pagelinks
(Page 2)

Is that the, "motion plus," thing I need to that comes with it??

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 09:36:11 PM »
That Black Friday page just convinced me to try and buy it then. I was otherwise gonna wait for Christmas because of rent and shit.

pappalardospizza

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 07:22:05 PM »
after fighting to get a wii motion plus; this game is so good

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 04:26:25 PM »
This game rules. I'm frying my eyeballs cause I'm playing it so much.

I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

No mongz

• Rep: -6
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 05:01:04 PM »
I would have loved this as a kid.
always pretending I was link and stuff.
but whatever, I still Can't beat Majoras Mask so ill stick with that

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 11:01:38 PM »

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 08:07:37 AM »
I'm buying a Wii just for this.

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 08:08:50 AM »
And because I'm tired of using my cousin's.  :P

pappalardospizza

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 02:58:55 PM »

yo FUCK the imprisoned

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 05:52:57 PM »

landCow

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 12:39:01 AM »
i'm only a couple of hours in and it is really great its got that same magic that drew me into ocarina of time............ theres only one thing. motion controls. i wish it could be on any other console and not rely on waving a controller around. the way its setup feels kinda goofy compared the perfect control setups that has been perfected for similar games on ps3 and xbox.

Clayton

• Rep: 78
    • Spot Hunter avatar image
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 12:57:33 AM »
I'm kind of a closet Zelda nerd. I beat this baby weeks ago. The game play is great but I never really felt that challenged by any of the dungeons. This is NOT the greatest Zelda game ever but it's still pretty sick.

My Zelda rankings are as follows...

1.)Ocarina of Time
2.)Links Awakening
3.)The Wind Waker
4.)Skyward Sword

BOOM!

pappalardospizza

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2011, 06:02:03 PM »
I'm kind of a closet Zelda nerd. I beat this baby weeks ago. The game play is great but I never really felt that challenged by any of the dungeons. This is NOT the greatest Zelda game ever but it's still pretty sick.

definitely not the best zelda game. I'm annoyed how there was nothing else to do after the final boss.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2012, 04:49:20 AM »
How long did it take for you to complete it?

Been playing for about 30 hours and im only at the ancient cistern, loving it so far though

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 06:59:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

definitely not the best zelda game. I'm annoyed how there was nothing else to do after the final boss.

Wait, so I can't do any side missions after I beat the final boss? Should I do them now?

Also, my two cents: Sucks. I'm in love with Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask was dark and anxiety driven-intensity, Wind Waker was initially off-putting but turned out to be beautifully laid out, Twilight Princess was decent enough to make me consider playing it again, and the random Gameboy games and remakes I've played throughout the years have been satisfying. The story in this one is intriguing to begin with, but I'm at the Water Dragon area and I'm just playing to say I beat the game. I find no enjoyment in Fi and her constant OCD breakdowns of a simple conversation I JUST finished. The item/pouch selection was poorly thought out. The motionplus controls aren't nearly as accurate as previews claimed--I find myself constantly centering the position. And I hope this changes in the future, but I'm sick of revisiting old areas to accomplish new missions. Show me a new fucking area. I don't mind going back for a bit to open up a previously locked section, but I'm back in the first fucking temple? For real? Bullshit.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2012, 11:13:44 AM »
after completing it, i'm not as stoked on it as i was initially. my five biggest problems with the game were: 1) they really reached for the kiddie market with this one, 2) there wasn't enough true dungeons (the ending just seemed like you were running around the world and collecting things), 3) the dungeons were too small and weren't that challenging, 4) really, i have to fight this big fucking chia pet again?, and 5) you never got the opportunity to punch out goose. so what if he's in tight with the old lady and he shoots 5 bombs in total, that asshole still roofied and hid your loftwing, then he had the audacity to work his weak ass mack game on ur bitch. who does he think he is? he deserves a diesel punch to his precocious (really, that fool's still in knight academy? he's like 10 years older than his pencil headed homebwaye) jaw line 

landCow

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 04:23:26 AM »
I have it, i've put plenty of hours into it but i haven't finished it and i'm not really motivated to play it anymore. its not because its bad its because of motion controls. I cant stand them, they feel so gimmicky. sitting around swinging my arms like a fool brings me no joy. and flying your fucking bird with the wiimote is a pain in the ass no matter how much practice i've had. I have zelda a link to the past for snes I'd rather play that to be honest.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2012, 06:10:57 AM »
"Learning" a song is the biggest waste of fucking time. They all sound the same, you have to fly back to the same spot to learn one, which is way out of the way, and the area itself is a giant waste of space after spending half the game wondering what could be hidden behind that huge spanse of spiraling cloud. I miss the days of random folk teaching you songs in the little nooks that an adventure ended in, like the Forest Temple with Saria. And you don't even learn the song, it's just some semi-regular remote swaying to a song that sounds exactly like the last. I'm sure Nintendo's seeing big numbers and is paying big bucks for good reviews, but I'm over their "attract new gamers" market strategy. Give me something challenging and an experience like when I was 12 and afraid to fight Gohma if someone else wasn't in the room.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 08:45:05 PM »
i have been killing OOT on the emulator project64 while using a PS3 controller to control it (awkward at first, but still tight).

such a fun game even now when i am "too old" to be playing it. haha.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2012, 02:17:24 AM »

fuck the silent realm

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2012, 08:46:04 AM »
I stopped playing before I even finished the third dungeon and I read a book about economics.  I think I'm an adult now.  Fuck.