Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 151125 times)

SOTY

Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #1410 on: May 06, 2018, 08:56:16 AM »
Monty Python's Life of Brian, Meaning of Life

calvinsdream

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1411 on: May 10, 2018, 11:27:16 AM »
The Rain is pretty good if you liked the 20% of the walking dead that was watchable.

abraham linksys

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1412 on: May 11, 2018, 03:04:53 AM »
evil genius is pretty good
it's about the pizza bomber heist
only 4 episodes tho so you'll probably watch it in
one sitting just like I did

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
« Reply #1413 on: May 12, 2018, 12:46:42 AM »
kinda into the Santa Clarita diet, its not the best show ever but its super easy to watch

bea!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
« Reply #1414 on: May 12, 2018, 08:31:11 AM »
Not on Netflix, but The Terror on AMC is my favorite show going right now.  Amazing acting and setting, really cool blending of a true story with fiction.  Somebody said it's "the Thing meets Master and Commander" and I'd say that's pretty spot on. 

I heard that show Babylon Berlin is really good.  Anybody check it out yet?

Watching the Handmaids Tale on Hulu with the lady... I really enjoyed the first season, but now the second season it's starting to bore me.  I mean how long can they drag this out for?  Eventually something has to change in the storyline.

Been watching The Wiggles with my kid (fuck you, he's only 1).  Is Emma cute?  I don't know.  Songs will drill itself into your brain that you hate it so much you start to like it. 

ER on Hulu... mindless stuff to watch when half asleep or staring at my phone.  Maura Tierney is a babe.

Alan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #1415 on: May 14, 2018, 02:13:06 PM »
Watching the Handmaids Tale on Hulu with the lady... I really enjoyed the first season, but now the second season it's starting to bore me.  I mean how long can they drag this out for?  Eventually something has to change in the storyline.

Ditto. It seemed like a totally different show to us. Very thin on plot. It's so obvious that they ran out of source material.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

feedmeseymour

• Rep: 108
  • If you push mongo switch, you're wack.
« Reply #1416 on: May 23, 2018, 07:48:28 AM »
we're in luck, netflix now has cube and cube 2: hyper cube.

EDIT: also if you havent seen the documentary series wild wild country on some crazy cult shit that happened in oregon i suggest you get on that.

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
« Reply #1417 on: May 23, 2018, 11:41:54 AM »
Not on Netflix, but The Terror on AMC is my favorite show going right now.  Amazing acting and setting, really cool blending of a true story with fiction.  Somebody said it's "the Thing meets Master and Commander" and I'd say that's pretty spot on. 

Been watching The Wiggles with my kid (fuck you, he's only 1).  Is Emma cute?  I don't know.  Songs will drill itself into your brain that you hate it so much you start to like it. 

ER on Hulu... mindless stuff to watch when half asleep or staring at my phone.  Maura Tierney is a babe.

Is it actually lovecraftian or just alludes to it a lot? A coworker has been watching it and I get the vibe that it SEEMS like at the mountains of madness but is just a frozen boat

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

bea!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
« Reply #1418 on: May 23, 2018, 02:35:08 PM »

Is it actually lovecraftian or just alludes to it a lot? A coworker has been watching it and I get the vibe that it SEEMS like at the mountains of madness but is just a frozen boat

Well I've never read At The Mountains of Madness so I'm not 100% sure, but based on the wikipedia it does sounds like it was an influence on the book, The Terror. 

The book is based on a true story of an expedition to go through the northwest passage... apparently the boats (and crews) disappeared and it's been a mystery ever since.  The book came out and tells the true story and throws in a fiction element which sounds like Lovecraft. 

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
« Reply #1419 on: May 23, 2018, 05:18:24 PM »
If you liked Gomorrah, check out Romanzo Criminale on Amazon.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.