Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 384941 times)

redcurb12

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 29
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #1470 on: October 22, 2018, 03:06:40 PM »
Is there any such thing as a great Western TV show?  Outside of the first season of Deadwood, I'm hard-pressed to think of any (outside of the cheesy 50's ones).  I remember that show Hell on Wheels being ok for a few episodes but I lost interest.

I can't think of any but Westworld might be worth a watch - it's a Sci Fi with a western twist.. same with Firefly.

Unfortunately neither are on netflix :(
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #1471 on: October 22, 2018, 03:17:37 PM »

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1472 on: October 29, 2018, 08:48:28 AM »

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #1473 on: October 29, 2018, 01:45:54 PM »
just finished the Haunting of Hill House, I really liked it till the end.. that was a boner killer for me.
anyone copped the new Sabrina thing?

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #1474 on: October 30, 2018, 12:44:45 AM »
Has devilman crybaby been mentioned?
Its fucking amazing
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #1475 on: October 31, 2018, 03:57:07 PM »
Its fucking amazing

haha Ive not seen people recommend anime...but yea its dope in the beginning, the last half and end are very questionable and to me a shitty attempt to recreate the original anime ending.   

Not much Anime on Netflix worth a shout out...Knights of Sidonia was proper

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #1476 on: October 31, 2018, 04:03:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Its fucking amazing
[close]

haha Ive not seen people recommend anime...but yea its dope in the beginning, the last half and end are very questionable and to me a shitty attempt to recreate the original anime ending.   

are you serious?
I watched the old one too but i actually felt like the netflix devilman was way better
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

calvinsdream

« Reply #1477 on: November 01, 2018, 12:29:48 PM »
Has anyone found the 2nd season of Making a Murderer watchable?

I usually keep a doc series going for slow tasks at work, but goddamn it's slow and boring even as background. It's just people talking about the impact of the show and realllllly slowly explaining how false confessions happen.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #1478 on: November 01, 2018, 12:40:23 PM »

I usually keep a doc series going for slow tasks at work, but goddamn it's slow and boring even as background. It's just people talking about the impact of the show and realllllly slowly explaining how false confessions happen.

no.  i thought it fucking sucked.  i really wanted to like it. 

Haunting of Hill House might be the best made horror series i've ever seen
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #1479 on: November 01, 2018, 12:49:42 PM »

i only watched the first episode and multiple times i had to check to see if it was really only and hour long.

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #1480 on: November 01, 2018, 01:59:23 PM »
give it another chance. it was pretty slow but I thought it was great.. finished it a few nights ago.

that lawyer.. kathleen is an absolute bloodhound. her analysis and reconstruction of the entire case was pretty amazing to see

did anyone see the staircase yet? trying to decide if it's worth the commitment
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1481 on: November 01, 2018, 02:09:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Its fucking amazing
[close]

[close]
are you serious?
I watched the old one too but i actually felt like the netflix devilman was way better

yea I dunno I love the OG version....watched it a fuck ton, it was part of the basic concept for a lot anime that followed ....but yea dude I binged it in a day and was pretty unhappy about the last 3-4 episodes

Expand Quote

[close]

i only watched the first episode and multiple times i had to check to see if it was really only and hour long.

I'm 2 episodes in an its pretty bad

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1482 on: November 01, 2018, 02:11:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah I gave up on MAM2 after episode 1 it felt like it was 3 hours long

HOHH is amazing, since finishing it i read in an interview with the shows creator that he hid 8-12 ghosts in every episode.. I spied a few while watching but gonna have to go back and rewatch as a ghosthunter

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1483 on: November 01, 2018, 02:58:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I agree on hill house. I'm also pretty surprised at how good Sabrina has been so far too.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #1484 on: November 01, 2018, 03:17:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Its fucking amazing
[close]

[close]
are you serious?
I just watched the berserk movies on netflix.
If anyone is confused the three movies on netflix cover the first manga arc. I prefer the 1997 anime but the netflix version aint bad. Berserk is highly influenced by devilman crybaby.If your into excessive violence check it out.
Warning there is some rather graphic rape stuff in there

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1485 on: November 01, 2018, 03:30:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Its fucking amazing
[close]

[close]
are you serious?
[close]
If anyone is confused the three movies on netflix cover the first manga arc. I prefer the 1997 anime but the netflix version aint bad. Berserk is highly influenced by devilman crybaby.If your into excessive violence check it out.
The Berserk ARCs arent from netflix per se, they were out before as movies for a while and neflix picked it up 2-3 years ago.   

The rape scene was in the original anime as well, it totally unnecessary but the band of hawks was in Hell soooo

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1219
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1486 on: November 01, 2018, 05:21:00 PM »
The Staircase was a great documentary of you like true crime type stuff.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1487 on: November 01, 2018, 05:22:10 PM »
give it another chance. it was pretty slow but I thought it was great.. finished it a few nights ago.

that lawyer.. kathleen is an absolute bloodhound. her analysis and reconstruction of the entire case was pretty amazing to see

did anyone see the staircase yet? trying to decide if it's worth the commitment

i found the staircase to be entertaining if not absurd. i also recommend evil genius if your into this type of stuff.

Smithy

• Rep: 1
  • SmithySmitherson
« Reply #1488 on: November 02, 2018, 01:18:01 AM »
Bigmouth

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1489 on: November 02, 2018, 04:09:48 AM »
just finished the Haunting of Hill House, I really liked it till the end.. that was a boner killer for me.
anyone copped the new Sabrina thing?

Hill House was killing it until that last episode. Such a letdown.

I'm almost done with Sabrina and have to say, it's waaaaaay gnarlier than I was expecting it to be.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1490 on: November 02, 2018, 03:06:48 PM »
The Staircase had more episodes than it needed, but overall definitely worth watching. The main guy is such a weird character.
Recent interview with the director: http://www.vulture.com/2018/06/the-staircase-jean-xavier-de-lestrade-interview.html

This documentary is good too, it was made by the guy who did The Jinx (the one with the awful sideburns).
www.youtube.com/watch?v=yehHZgLVj_k
I think I watched it on Prime before also.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1491 on: November 04, 2018, 02:05:30 PM »
"Film Worker" is definitely one to check out if you love Kubrick.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #1492 on: November 04, 2018, 04:09:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Its fucking amazing
[close]

[close]
are you serious?
[close]
[close]
The Berserk ARCs arent from netflix per se, they were out before as movies for a while and neflix picked it up 2-3 years ago.   

The rape scene was in the original anime as well, it totally unnecessary but the band of hawks was in Hell soooo

Did part 3 finally end up on Netflix? I had my doubts they would show that one. It's pretty fucked.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1493 on: November 04, 2018, 06:39:15 PM »
If you’re into creepy clown movies check out Terrifier.  Spooked me good.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1494 on: November 04, 2018, 06:39:53 PM »
The Witch is sketchy af.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1495 on: November 06, 2018, 07:11:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Its fucking amazing
[close]

[close]
are you serious?
[close]
[close]

[close]

Did part 3 finally end up on Netflix? I had my doubts they would show that one. It's pretty fucked.

Yep with full on demon Hentai in the final acts...I did enjoy the part when they all react to being in hell and having to fight and escape all those demons...some of them were pretty dark even the demons they show in the OG manga and Anime are fucked

Baby on Board

• Rep: 33
« Reply #1496 on: November 06, 2018, 07:32:25 AM »
Expand Quote
If you’re into creepy clown movies check out Terrifier.  Spooked me good.
[close]

One of the best horror films ive seen. So well done.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #1497 on: November 06, 2018, 11:02:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Its fucking amazing
[close]

[close]
are you serious?
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yep with full on demon Hentai in the final acts...I did enjoy the part when they all react to being in hell and having to fight and escape all those demons...some of them were pretty dark even the demons they show in the OG manga and Anime are fucked

I see that you guys like Berserk, my wife likes Anime, and I'm sort of on the fence. Going to give it a view then report back even though I watched this first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMPQqYAAxg0

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1498 on: November 06, 2018, 11:38:56 AM »
i stuck it out and finished season 2 of netflix. i wouldnt recommend it unless you are a nerd for minutia. im way too cynical to buy into these one sided stories anymore but ill keep watching them. all i can think about it how much this sucks for the victims families.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1499 on: November 07, 2018, 02:29:22 PM »
i stuck it out and finished season 2 of netflix. i wouldnt recommend it unless you are a nerd for minutia. im way too cynical to buy into these one sided stories anymore but ill keep watching them. all i can think about it how much this sucks for the victims families.